🎃 Spooktacular Event: Candy For the Candy King 🦇

CM Aethon

Community Manager
Jan 23, 2019

Greetings my little minionsss...! It'sss... I the Great Candy King! ~ 🎃

I Hope you're are prepared!! ....For what... might you ask? Why, the Annual Halloween Candy Hunt of course! Which begins on October 22nd, and ends on November 5th. Two glorious weeks of mischievous and ghoulishly delightful fun - Teheh! Go forth and collect as much of this candy as you can minionsss... and I might just be gracious enough to give you something in return - Keheheh!

Event Details
Event Period
◪ Start Date: 10/22/2019 with end of maintenance​
◪ End Date: 11/05/2019 with maintenance (12:00am PDT (Midnight) | 09:00 CEST.)​

Event Activities
Event World Drops
▪ Nasty Smelling Candy (Tokens) will drop from from all event monsters in the world, and can be used to purchase event items from the event specific vendor (see below).​
▪ These tokens cannot be traded or placed in account storage.​
Daily Event Quests
▪ These can be completed at various levels ranging from Lvls. 1 - 50 and are located in major villages such as Meiville, Frel, Ivera, Almatin, and Greleaf.​
▪ Players must defeat 10 of the 'Pumpkin Head' monsters to earn the reward of a Candy Box which contains:​
- Nasty Smelling Candy Token (x500)​
- Dungeon Ticket (x4)​
- Sweet Candy Pack (x1)​
- Asper (8,000).​
▪ Quest Monsters will spawn at various levels ranging from Lvls. 1 - 50 (dependent on spawn zone).​
▪ Spawn locations include: Northern Arau Forest, Dark Totem Hill, Gladeth Plains & Decatris Forest, High Seneca, Onips Tropical Forest, and Greleaf.​

Event Dungeon
▪ A new event dungeon has been added, full of festive decorations and Halloween themed monsters.​
▪ The minimum level requirement to participate is level 35, and will cost 2 dungeon tickets upon entry.​
▪ The rewards for completing the dungeon are as follows:​
- Nasty Smelling Candy Token (x10) [Guaranteed]​
- Eligos Astel Skin (The Candy King) [Chance to Drop]​
- Plus other basic dungeon rewards (similar to running a normal level appropriate dungeon)​
Event Token Vendor
▪ An event specific vendor will be located in major villages such as Meiville, Frel, Ivera, Almatin, and Greleaf.​
▪ Sell all of those nasty candies at the following rates for event specific items:​

Frostbyte

Astellian
Oct 2, 2019
Gotta say, kinda disappointed with how this event looks. Especially for a big holiday like Halloween. =/

Firstly, there's only one costume available - while there are no other costumes available in game besides the few armor "costumes" in shop. A skeleton costume, imho, sounds kinda lame. Gothic would've been the way to go. A great idea a friend mentioned would be to do Costumes for the event in steps, so to speak. You could get the skeleton one, yeah.. but the more you do, the better or more exclusive costumes you could get.

I do like the dungeon idea, but better rewards. Give some incentive to really do these things. Also, make it last longer. Maybe something with the rewards to gain Astels? Maybe Halloween Costumes for Astels. I'm honestly not the best person for event ideas. My wife is much better at that.

Friend also mentioned that this event 'really' should have been -saturated- to make people talk about it. I can guarantee most people will not be satisfied with this event. If it were saturated where we had a larger choice of things to do or to aim for, it'd gain more momentum for positive advertisement for the game.

Last edited:

Moonglow

Astellian
Jun 25, 2019
Wow...EXP Candy and Move Speed Candy...Awesome Halloween Event xD
At least,I don't need to invoke a Doppelganger to play Astellia when doing the "All Saints' Wake" on FF14 ^^
Thanks!

Hiraeth

Astellian
Oct 10, 2019
Jeez guys. The game has been out for less than a month, and it doesn't look like this is something Korea is getting, so cut them some slack. I understand it's super cool to just harp on the developers nonstop, but it's freaking disheartening to work on something fun for your players and then just get crapped on at every turn. They could have stuck a mount in the store and called it good.

I think it sounds fun! It's 100x better than the nonsense NCsoft tried to give us in Blade&Soul. Looking forward to seeing the towns all decorated up, and running the dungeon.

PuRG

Astellian
Jul 4, 2019
Jeez guys. The game has been out for less than a month, and it doesn't look like this is something Korea is getting, so cut them some slack. I understand it's super cool to just harp on the developers nonstop, but it's freaking disheartening to work on something fun for your players and then just get crapped on at every turn. They could have stuck a mount in the store and called it good.

I think it sounds fun! It's 100x better than the nonsense NCsoft tried to give us in Blade&Soul. Looking forward to seeing the towns all decorated up, and running the dungeon.
Well said!

Frostbyte

Astellian
Oct 2, 2019
Looks like I'm getting some heat for throwing out some constructive criticism on this event. There's nothing wrong with that, in my opinion. I was told by GM Gemu to throw out suggestions here in this thread to help better events for the future. ^^ I'm not angry with the event by any means, just wanna see more in-depth events for the future. =]

Jake

Astellian
Oct 14, 2019
I was thinking the mount would be the top prize to aim for during the event. TBH I am a little disappointed that the event mount is going to be in the cash shop considering this is a buy to play game.

Zwiebel

Astellian
Jul 4, 2019
Gotta say, kinda disappointed with how this event looks. Especially for a big holiday like Halloween. =/

Firstly, there's only one costume available - while there are no other costumes available in game besides the few armor "costumes" in shop. A skeleton costume, imho, sounds kinda lame. Gothic would've been the way to go. A great idea a friend mentioned would be to do Costumes for the event in steps, so to speak. You could get the skeleton one, yeah.. but the more you do, the better or more exclusive costumes you could get.

I do like the dungeon idea, but better rewards. Give some incentive to really do these things. Also, make it last longer. Maybe something with the rewards to gain Astels? Maybe Halloween Costumes for Astels. I'm honestly not the best person for event ideas. My wife is much better at that.

Friend also mentioned that this event 'really' should have been -saturated- to make people talk about it. I can guarantee most people will not be satisfied with this event. If it were saturated where we had a larger choice of things to do or to aim for, it'd gain more momentum for positive advertisement for the game.
You can get all armor skins as costumes without the cash shop just by making twinks and getting the achievement when completing the first map main story.

The game is extremely generous with costumes if you can afford the time to farm then. No loyalty or cash shop currency involved.
So i dont quite understand what you mean with "there are no costumes" in the game.

Frostbyte

Astellian
Oct 2, 2019
You can get all armor skins as costumes without the cash shop just by making twinks and getting the achievement when completing the first map main story.

The game is extremely generous with costumes if you can afford the time to farm then. No loyalty or cash shop currency involved.
So i dont quite understand what you mean with "there are no costumes" in the game.
That's the main thing there, "if you can afford the time to farm them." I've managed to do this once and got a horrible looking costume. I'm sure if I spent hours upon hours, I'd finally get a decent looking one. However, as a father of two kids with a full time job, I don't have that kinda time atm. Yeah, I spend a good bit of my free time on game, but I don't have that much time. This is, however, a future goal if no costumes come out.

Zwiebel

Astellian
Jul 4, 2019
That's the main thing there, "if you can afford the time to farm them." I've managed to do this once and got a horrible looking costume. I'm sure if I spent hours upon hours, I'd finally get a decent looking one. However, as a father of two kids with a full time job, I don't have that kinda time atm. Yeah, I spend a good bit of my free time on game, but I don't have that much time. This is, however, a future goal if no costumes come out.
So why is that a problem? its an mmo. Its always a time investment. Also, getting a costume this way is only like 80 minutes of work if you skip all side quests and simply rush the main quest line. So its not even that much of a time sink.

Frostbyte

Astellian
Oct 2, 2019
Figured I'd share this screenshot of the event details in case anyone wants to post the details in their discord for quick/easy access to the information.

kiraleigh

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
To say I am excited for this Spooktober event would be a mild understatement. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and I was eager anticipating what Astellia would have in store for me once it was announced that we would be having a Halloween event. Now that I've had a chance to look over the posted details, I can honestly say that I am absolutely ready for the patch to go live and my grind to 4,000 candies begin.

That being said, I've a couple notes to add.
The first being that I wish there was something said about the previously mentioned, limited time mount which would be made available through purchase-only. The implication being that this mount would be available in the cash shop, does not bother as such is typical of MMO's on today's market -- especially those which do not require a monthly subscription fee. However, it does surprise me that there is no mention of it here as I had hoped to learn (prior to logging in) what the price would be. I presume it will be priced the same as all other mounts, but I did wonder if this type of item would also be available in the Zender shop or if this was something the developers have considered for this event (and future events alike).
My second note is perhaps a touch controversial, but I am slightly disappointed that there are no previews available for the awards of this Event -- such as Eligos's new skin & this skeleton costume available through the candy exchange. To some, I am sure there is excitement in launching the game and witnessing the new change there, but I do feel that previewing some of the expected rewards could provide the community with a little more hype and anticipation when it comes to events. For me, I know the allure of seeing shiny new cosmetics before they release always gets my blood pumping, so to speak. Just a thought.

Reactions: Yani

JyanChris

Astellian
Oct 22, 2019
Is new dungeon bugged? I mean, When i try to kill the first miniboss he just can't be lower than 1/4 of his life. Literally he has infinite life.
and any attack makes him damage. :(

Jake

Astellian
Oct 14, 2019
Seems to be a bug if an interupt is used? Just happened to my group so we died and tried again and it worked.

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019
Loving the decorations in Melville though; sets a great mood for Halloween, you seem to have gone all out on the place.

Reactions: CM Venecia

Meliha

Astellian
Oct 22, 2019
You can get all armor skins as costumes without the cash shop just by making twinks and getting the achievement when completing the first map main story
But HOW can I use this armor treasure chest with my main char?
I just completed the archivment with my twink but I wasnt able to send it to my main character. I bought tge account chest layer for 10.000 Asper but coulndt lay the box in there.
Also by trying to mail some items which say they are not tradable it didnt work.