A few suggestions (basically sums up the opinions so far)

ventra

Astellian
Sep 29, 2019
Hello everyone!

I hope you are enjoying the gameplay as much as I do, although there are rooms for improvement:)

Here are a few things players would like to see in the future updates:

1. More outfits !
I was playing warrior as my main character, the first thing I notice in game was...
The sword and the shield are a set, there is no mix and match (despite different stats for the said items)

Although I am still in the early levels, I could imagine that at level 50, most characters in the same job will dress exctly the same.

Had a look at the cash shop, there could be a lot more skins to choose from.

Having spent hours sitting in town chating with people around, most of us are very ready to pay to support the game but there is simply not much choice for us to do so.

Out of the three characters that I play (warrior, archer and scholar), there is just one archer weapon skin that I would like to purchase.

Yes I understand this is a very early stage of the game, but I would really like to see more new skins coming from time to time, perhaps it would be a good idea if you could make some festival related skins too (yea its too late for Halloween but there are always X'mas, New Year and other fictional in-game festival)

Or it could be good if we are allowed to salvage the skin out of the current gears to mount on, some designs are very decent but unfortunately we "have to" leave them behind for the stats of the later gears.

2. Ban the bots
As simple as the title suggests, I believe making the decision to ban a user is very simple and straight forward. Any user, like the one who I have reported and is probably still spamming the chat to sell Asper as I type, that promotes Real Money Trade of in-game items is already in violation of the policy.

While many other players claim that there are bots farming the same area, a bunch of characters moving in unison, etc, are very easy to be spotted.

GM only needs to teleport to the scene, watch their movements, pm the concerned user(s) and if the GM does not get a sensible or logical reply, suspend the concerned user for 3, 7 or 14 days according to the seriousness of the offense. The whole process could be as short as 3 minutes.

Who likes bots to ruin the in-game economy and the balance / fairness of the game?

3. Convert, or write a DX11 mode.
This may be a tough ask. I understand when a programme was written in DX9, it would take a lo of effort to "convert" it to DX11, but we have seen a lot of computer games that supports different directx version with a flip on the switch.

While this may be a genuine UE3 issue, in my i7-5820K @ 4.0GHz, GTX1080, 32GB ram, SSD build,
I could only get around 50fps in most scenarios under 1440p, while the CPU and GPU usage are in the region of 30% and 50% respectively. (With 5/5 settings and most of the effects OFF, V-sync OFF on a G-sync monitor)

Some optimization is certained required since I could get 143 or 144fps with GPU usage at 80% during cut scenes.
YES, cut scene, those in-game rendered cut-scenes, not those 30fps cgi short clips.

In a naive way of logic, the game CAN utilize the GPU to output a very decent frame rate, but not all the time, or rather say, only for a very limited time.

Perhaps it wold be good to look at the coding during those "cut scenes" and compare with those during game play...?

Other users with much more powerful PCs (i.e. 9900K with 2080Ti) also suffers from the same issue.

4. Promote other aspects of the game
While chatting with other players, I have learnt that there are quite a lot more to do in the game to enjoy the full experience as a "Astellian", I hope the developers (or promoters) could post a bit more causal guides on your youtube channel to more potential players to actual players and make actual players to a more immersed "Astellian"

---------------------------------------------------

Although I have only spent a few hours in-game, the general experience has been very decent and I am happy to invest both time and money in this game, I hope there will be more choice of cosmetic items to spend on in the future.

The above 4 suggestions are the general summary of a group of players while we discussed different issues either in World Chat or Area Chat in the past two days.

I intentionally not listing another game for comparison because Astellia has its own atmosphere and should not "make it like another game".

Thank you very much for your time reading....
Will update in #2 if anything comes to mind....
Cheers!

Reactions: CM Venecia

ventra

Astellian
Sep 29, 2019
thank you to @CM Venecia for reviewing the post...

update...

5. Add a clock
As per the Maintenance announcement of 01OCT, I believe you may also aware that not everyone understands the time format.
It would be very nice if you can add a function to turn on or off a clock in game, be it UTC or Server Time, or both.

Currently a lot of the players are NOT from North America and there is even time difference between west and east coast of NA.
So by adding a clock, it would allow players to better aware of the times of event (maintenance, or real-time event) and could also assist players from difference time zones to better arrange their own gathering time (for their next dungeon hunt or anything)

Last edited:

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019
1) God yes please, and Gods no the FasionQuest is too much already; by level 15 I had like 6 different outfits for my warrior. Lol, but yeah more choices, and the ability to use the skin of some of the gear would be great.

2) Banning spammers is actually not ideal; it really is better if everyone would just block them. When the game bans a gold seller spam bot they just instantly fires up the next one. They also use stolen credit cards so no the devs won't make more money that way since the credit card will then be charged back. If players just block the spammers then the bot program will not find it necessary to fire up a new character.

3) Sadly while that would be nice it isn't like switching over to the newest operating system; instead they pretty much have to rebuild the game from the ground up from my understanding based off what other devs have said about it.

4) Yeah I keep getting surprised ab

ventra

Astellian
Sep 29, 2019
1) God yes please, and Gods no the FasionQuest is too much already; by level 15 I had like 6 different outfits for my warrior. Lol, but yeah more choices, and the ability to use the skin of some of the gear would be great.

2) Banning spammers is actually not ideal; it really is better if everyone would just block them. When the game bans a gold seller spam bot they just instantly fires up the next one. They also use stolen credit cards so no the devs won't make more money that way since the credit card will then be charged back. If players just block the spammers then the bot program will not find it necessary to fire up a new character.

3) Sadly while that would be nice it isn't like switching over to the newest operating system; instead they pretty much have to rebuild the game from the ground up from my understanding based off what other devs have said about it.

4) Yeah I keep getting surprised ab
banning bots/gold sellers was never about the company making money is it? Its all about the in-game fairness
why is the need to talk about stolen credit cards? what does the stolen cards do with the community?
don't make excuses.

yes I understand that, I am a part time programmer and have also hosted a private server of a very old mmorpg like 15 years ago for my roommates
but seeing it being able to output decent frame rates in certain circumstances as explained above, I believe the current game needs a little tweak for it to better utilize the hardware (CPU and GPU) in a better and more efficient way
for my example (5820K & 1080 @ 1440p) turning on or off of those FX features does affect the amount the details on screen, but not necessarily the actual frame rate, which made those options a bit meaningless, not to mention those who runs the game on a more powerful PC (also as mentioned above : 9900K & 2080Ti)

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019
banning bots/gold sellers was never about the company making money is it? Its all about the in-game fairness
why is the need to talk about stolen credit cards? what does the stolen cards do with the community?
don't make excuses.

yes I understand that, I am a part time programmer and have also hosted a private server of a very old mmorpg like 15 years ago for my roommates
but seeing it being able to output decent frame rates in certain circumstances as explained above, I believe the current game needs a little tweak for it to better utilize the hardware (CPU and GPU) in a better and more efficient way
for my example (5820K & 1080 @ 1440p) turning on or off of those FX features does affect the amount the details on screen, but not necessarily the actual frame rate, which made those options a bit meaningless, not to mention those who runs the game on a more powerful PC (also as mentioned above : 9900K & 2080Ti)
Did you edit/update your OP? I could have sworn when I typed my response for #2 that you mentioned having someone banning a few of the bot accounts each hour would easily pay for their salary. That is why I brought up the stolen credit card issue. I was perusing the forums on my phone during lunch so is possible I misremembered reading your post on bots with another of the bot posts.

ventra

Astellian
Sep 29, 2019
Did you edit/update your OP? I could have sworn when I typed my response for #2 that you mentioned having someone banning a few of the bot accounts each hour would easily pay for their salary. That is why I brought up the stolen credit card issue. I was perusing the forums on my phone during lunch so is possible I misremembered reading your post on bots with another of the bot posts.
dude, stop playing for like 5 minutes, go drink something and look at some far away greeny things.... LOL
that's a post from another person, reply #17
https://forum.astellia-mmo.com/threads/bots.1713/#post-22541

so much i'd like to reply to that specific comment that if a game publisher is eyeing for that tiny $9.99 per bot income from a relatively small amount of total income (REAL players, cash shop cosmetics, partnership like Razer etc) then this game publisher might as well close themselves for good....

ok I admit that I only managed to have 4 hours sleep last night just because of playing this game....
but we all need some rest ultimately....

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019
dude, stop playing for like 5 minutes, go drink something and look at some far away greeny things....
that's a post from another person, reply #17
https://forum.astellia-mmo.com/threads/bots.1713/#post-22541

so much i'd like to reply to that specific comment that if a game publisher is eyeing for that tiny $9.99 per bot income from a relatively small amount of total income (REAL players, cash shop cosmetics, partnership like Razer etc) then this game publisher might as well close themselves for good....

ok I admit that I only managed to have 4 hours sleep last night just because of playing this game....
but we all need some rest ultimately....
Ugh rather be playing but stuck at work reading the forums on my phone; which makes it a royal plain scrolling back through when reading/responding to a long post.

ventra

Astellian
Sep 29, 2019
Ugh rather be playing but stuck at work reading the forums on my phone; which makes it a royal plain scrolling back through when reading/responding to a long post.
yes i could understand that hahaha