A New Land Awaits - Miodan Mine

CM Aethon

Community Manager
Jan 23, 2019
Greetings Astellians,

Your battles against the destruction wrought on the world of Astellia by the taint of Karza contamination, have taken you far from home, and further still you must travel if you truly wish to save everything you hold dear. Whispers are abound of a new region, known as the Miodan Mines, where the inhabitants have tapped into an ore known as Ascendium. The flow of Atra has become twisted and corrupted by those seeking to tap into its power using this ore. You have been burdened with the task of investigating this area and purging those who spread this corruption from within!

A New Land Awaits
Miodan Mine is a brand new, never before seen zone being added to Astellia. Where max level players will be able to participate in a variety of activities rewarding: Unique class specific treasures that can be upgraded with materials earned within the mines, along with tokens that can be redeemed for high level consumables.

Unique Features
Additionally due to the distortion of the Atra within the region, born from the zealous harvesting of Ascendium by the local inhabitants. Players will be presented with interesting new mechanics only found while within the Miodan Mine region. Allowing them to permanently sustain the summoning of 3 servant type Astels out at all times, without the use of an Atra Tonic. Specific monsters will also take additional damage from certain types of Astels, opening the door for innovative and exciting new combinations.

Daily Activities
Each day players will be provided with a series of quests, awarding materials necessary for upgrading the Class Treasures, and the tokens used in purchasing high tier consumables such as: Healing & Mana Potions, Atra Crystal & Star Jewel Boxes, and containing a variety of ingredients.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperIT

Astellian
Nov 6, 2019
Amazing even if it sound like the alchemists and the relic hunters are going to close the buisness.

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
Amazing even if it sound like the alchemists and the relic hunters are going to close the buisness.
agree, that's an issue i also have with it ...

as it is now ... the real stuff for legandary relic crafting is already limited to the ticket limited dungeons ...
and the droprates are astronomically low ... since i play i've seen 3 heroic ones ... two of them where starjewels ...

you loose 100% of your progress, when you switch to another crafting class (time consumption aside) ...
with the sound of this new map, it'll realy mean absolute F (for failure) on the relic hunting skill ...
which is kinda sad

either make the possibility, to switch crafting skills without loosing progress to previouse once in a while
or upgrade relic hunting massively

edit :

maybe you could retune relic hunting ...
instead of [not dropping runes] you could allow us to use our materials to upgrade / decorate our weapons and armors with our relics ... granting them special deck effects ...

just ... something usefull and something what actually dropps more than once a month ...

ashiana

Astellian
Aug 5, 2019
agree, that's an issue i also have with it ...

as it is now ... the real stuff for legandary relic crafting is already limited to the ticket limited dungeons ...
and the droprates are astronomically low ... since i play i've seen 3 heroic ones ... two of them where starjewels ...

you loose 100% of your progress, when you switch to another crafting class (time consumption aside) ...
with the sound of this new map, it'll realy mean absolute F (for failure) on the relic hunting skill ...
which is kinda sad

either make the possibility, to switch crafting skills without loosing progress to previouse once in a while
or upgrade relic hunting massively

edit :

maybe you could retune relic hunting ...
instead of [not dropping runes] you could allow us to use our materials to upgrade / decorate our weapons and armors with our relics ... granting them special deck effects ...

just ... something usefull and something what actually dropps more than once a month ...
You actually lose no progress when switching crafting professions - you can level all to 50 on the same character. You DO lose progress only in the gathering profession if you switch.

As it is no one wants to buy the alchemy pots as it costs almost 2000 asper in bottles to make each one. They need to reduce the cost of making them to make them feasible. Or maybe Avalon will finally see my first crafting profession make me some $$.

Secondly, and this is just because I see it everywhere, not just yourself: you can LOSE your stuff or you can set LOOSE upon the world your astels, or she has some LOOSE marbles. Verb = lose, losing, loser, lost adjective = loose verb = loose (only as in set loose the hounds). Nothing mean meant here, just love language as intended, and I get easily confused when it's mistakenly used. I can only imagine how difficult it is for ESL players...

Don't even get me started on to, too, two, or their, there, they're, and your, yore, you're. I miss the English language XD

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
You actually lose no progress when switching crafting professions - you can level all to 50 on the same character. You DO lose progress only in the gathering profession if you switch.
yes, relic hunting is a gathering skill ... that's what we've been talking about ...
sorry if it wasn't said clearly enough

Reactions: ashiana

Zwiebel

Astellian
Jul 4, 2019
Can we change the quest format from dailies to weeklys? Dailies distract way too much from major group content and make it harder and harder to find groups for group content.

Other than that the zone looks interest. Lets hope the atra content that allows 3 Astels is not abusable for Afk farming because that would lead to a tremendous boost in afk farming efficiency. And im sire nobody would want that.

Arteemia

Astellian
Apr 20, 2020
How do I get to Miodan Mines? When I go behind the waterfall to Sealed Sanctuary there is no portal to the mines. Thank you.

Arteemia

Astellian
Apr 20, 2020
You need to finish your Main Quest first its part of the Main Quest.
Thank you for your response. I have the main quest Investigate the Mine - Defeat Crazed Fendis. My character wasn't strong enough to get through the zone so I waited a while and am ready to go back now. However, clicking on the quest does not take me there and I can't figure out how to get there.

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
Teleport to Aeurial (you can get there via worldmap since last patch). Before you had to go through the portal behind the waterfall.

Theere you use this:

Once you are in Miodan, one of the NPCs there sells Return Scrolls :)

Actually, you can get there via teleport NPC these days.

Reactions: Towi

Arteemia

Astellian
Apr 20, 2020
Haven't found a way to teleport yet but used the Miodan Transmitter. Thank you, Towi and Pandalicious!!!