Archer Stats

mugennn

Astellian
Oct 12, 2019
I need help on figuring which stat we should prioritze since i feel my damage is kinda underwhelming i spec mostly to AGI DEX with a bit of STR.

mugennn

Astellian
Oct 12, 2019
seems like it. pretty underwhelming atm. how much crit damage am i looking for in attack stats?

Flet

Astellian
Oct 11, 2019
EDIT: Ive finished looking through all the korean forums i could find with google translate and it seems to be they disagree over whether archer should go full agility or about 2/3 agility 1/3 dexterity. From what i gather full agility seems to be the more standard but perhaps its not optimal so some start dialing it back for increased dexterity to taste. It was difficult to discern this because sometimes google translate translates both words to the same word depending on the context of the sentence, so i had to double check the untranslated pages to see which they were talking about. I should note they also act like depending on subclass optimal stat spreads can be different, but none of them seemed to act like they keep specifically different gears for different subclasses.
In the end i did not find any detailed theory posts explaining why any of them did this, so i have no idea if its really optimal or not, but im using it as a starting assumption.

Last edited:

ChromasIV

Astellian
May 24, 2019
I believe Archer needs a rework.

Archer isn't smooth either, least not compared to the mage and sin. I feel clunky and damage feels weak. We should be hard hitters single target, instead we lack in everything.

Anyone who wants to go DPS is AGI DEX. STR plays barely a part in this. DPS is lacking and the unique builds is completely gone.

Barkuhn

Astellian
Dec 24, 2019
I agree archers need a rework. I love playing an archer as a glass canon but the damage is lacking compared to other classes imho. (compared to other MMO's it does not do the damage you would expect)

Reactions: ChromasIV

Gioppi

Astellian
Sep 9, 2019
Actually archer in this game is too insane it should get a nerf, too much stuns , great survability and a very good damage. All you need for pvp is going ranger subclass and focusing on evasion runes and with a good astels gameplay you can literally go yolo 1v4 and kill everybody or someone and easily escape. what this game should power up are the deck effects, now for archers are very useless, i would rather go with 7 stun astels and Link.

• Angry
Reactions: ChromasIV

ChromasIV

Astellian
May 24, 2019
Actually archer in this game is too insane it should get a nerf, too much stuns , great survability and a very good damage. All you need for pvp is going ranger subclass and focusing on evasion runes and with a good astels gameplay you can literally go yolo 1v4 and kill everybody or someone and easily escape. what this game should power up are the deck effects, now for archers are very useless, i would rather go with 7 stun astels and Link.
You clearly aren't playing the same class.

Archer's are horrible.

Why you may ask?

Let's review:

Archer's only have 1 stun and 1 knockdown. To do damage, we must have you either fainted (max CC Damage), stunned, or knockdown. To do MAX damage, we must give up dodging and moving with sniper mode to ensure we do actual damage that Mages and Dagger's get for free. On top of this, if the person break's out of the CC, they escape damage so our whole kit is 1 trick pony that misses 90% of the time. Did i mention we have to be in melee range to even hit you with the knockdown. Let's not even begin how bad skill activation is in this game.

Archer's live on mobility, we have none. Our ability to kite you, is horrible as everyone can use astel's to cc us. If we are CC'd we can't cc back with Astels. Our Ability to break CC doesn't work when every class has 3 + CC's in their pocket + astel's.

Archer's have the worse out of everything. Single target damage is horrible as we need to CC / faint + sniper to do real damage (which you can't do to bosses or to every mob as they have huge CDs even with lira and food). Our DOT damage is a joke barely breaking 100 damage a tick with 1000 con or wil.

Daggers, Mages, Tanks all get extra stats from stacks, archers get nothing.

Base off your logic, stacking evasion runes is key in which i can tell you a Shaman and a Dagger will always evade more than you because they have the skills for it. If your not over 1500 evasion, then good luck you will lose most fights. We must give up so much more than every other class to do damage.

Mage's have everything. Immune, dps, massive cc, dots.
Dagger require side stepping more and ensuring you are behind the target. Much higher single target damage than archers.
Tanks just facetank everything and do damage. Imo tanks are the most balance.
Healer's can do more than everyone because shaman is too busted with healing and dps. (If you do dps, reduce healing is needed).

So please tell me. What does archer actually have that is good?

Last edited:
Reactions: leo11173 and Oklmq

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019

Archer's are horrible.

Why you may ask?

Let's review:

Archer's only have 1 stun and 1 knockdown. To do damage, we must have you either fainted (max CC Damage), stunned, or knockdown. To do MAX damage, we must give up dodging and moving with sniper mode to ensure we do actual damage that Mages and Dagger's get for free. On top of this, if the person break's out of the CC, they escape damage so our whole kit is 1 trick pony that misses 90% of the time. Did i mention we have to be in melee range to even hit you with the knockdown. Let's not even begin how bad skill activation is in this game.

Archer's live on mobility, we have none. Our ability to kite you, is horrible as everyone can use astel's to cc us. If we are CC'd we can't cc back with Astels. Our Ability to break CC doesn't work when every class has 3 + CC's in their pocket + astel's.

Archer's have the worse out of everything. Single target damage is horrible as we need to CC / faint + sniper to do real damage (which you can't do to bosses or to every mob as they have huge CDs even with lira and food). Our DOT damage is a joke barely breaking 100 damage a tick with 1000 con or wil.

Base off your logic, stacking evasion runes is key in which i can tell you a Shaman and a Dagger will always evade more than you because they have the skills for it. If your not over 1500 evasion, then good luck you will lose most fights. We must give up so much more than every other class to do damage.

Dagger require side stepping more and ensuring you are behind the target. Much higher single target damage than archers.
Healer's can do more than everyone because shaman is too busted with healing and dps. (If you do dps, reduce healing is needed).

I don´t know what you´re playing and how good your class - knowledge is, but it sounds like you haven´t tested / checked much.

Archer:

- 2 x close range knockdowns + 1 long range knockback
- 1 x long range stun
- 2 x long range slowdown + 1 aoe slowdown
- the biggest range

You can use everything for free, you can use the most skills while moving and you´ve a self - heal atleast with a high CD. The kiting potential is extremely strong and overall the archer don´t have any real cons.

+ The subclass ranger got a binding + an anti - evasion skill and even stealth?!

Assassin:

- 1 x stun
- 1 x stun out of the shadows from behind, so just a first hit, if it hits.
- 1 x stun where you need 3 stacks from the passiv.
- 1 x slow when you attack from behind.
- 1 x counterattack with stun, which has to be timed while using. An astel can kill this counter easily with 1 aa.
- no rangesupport + all jumps have a less range, than any range - skills from the other classes.

A lot of skills and even 1 CC is build on the passiv. You´ve only 3 skills to gain the stacks. One needs to hit, but the other 2 are based on requirements. For one the target must be poisoned or bleeding, the other needs to be used from behind. Not to mention, that those skills must hit.
Without those stacks, the assassin is quite useless. The burst is low, you can´t gain mana, you can´t use one CC. Even the lifesteal skill needs those stacks, must hit the target as status and then the assassin has to hit you to gain life back.
The shield is mäh and the smokescreen is only good against warriors. The other classes move out of it and just wait for the assassin leaving it.

You´re pretty hard lost as assassin, when you can´t burst the range - classes immediately. The archer got good counterparts through kiting, the range and 2 melee - knockdowns with a jump backwards.

Warrior:

- 1 x gapcloser
- 1 x Gapcloser with CC
- 1 x freeze with a really low chance to hit
- 1 x gaplcoser with CC which needs passiv stacks
- 1 x grab with the chain

Overall the PvP - quality is based on subclass. Crusader for example got a really strong defense, but no damage and they won´t hit you, even with low evasion. You can´t kill them fast, but they can´t really kill you too.
Gladiator will hit and hurt you much more, but you´ll hurt them too. As you said... probably the most balanced class and an anti archer class with a lot of gapclosers / the chain. But overall handable.

Scholar:

- 1 x knockdown
- 1 x binding
- 1 x slowdown
- 1 x status - evasion debuff

Yes a scholar can be annoying. You need to CC - burst them or they´ll heal, heal , heal and you´ll drop due to their DoT or burst combos. The Shaman is really strong ----> broken atleast against melees. Just cast the blind - totem, stand in it and kill the melee in range. Atleast the warrior can counter it a bit, but the assassin is fckd up. (Not to mention that this totem is broken in PvE too, since you can skip whole bossmechanics with it.)
Archer / Assassin could need a heal debuff (25% less heal on a skill) to fight better against scholars, but overall it´s possible, when the RNG - Burst is with you. Stack evasion and enjoy...

Mage:

Well what should i say... It´s the last class i would play until it´ll get a nerf. It´s a powerhouse with tons of CC , DoT, AOE, selfpeal, and iceblock against burst, whatever. We all know that... On top of that, all the cons of the mage are negatable with speaker / rapidfire - deckeffects. And don´t forget the status - accuracy buff...
I think that is already enough said.

So i really don´t know, why do you think, that the archer is so "weak". Astels aren´t a real argument too, since everyone can use them. You could spam astels on the enemy and pew pew all day long.
As i´ve stated some of them, other classes (especially sins) have a lot of needed requirements and a bunch of skills have a really low hitrate.
Overall the archer is probably that one class, which can handle all other classes quite good. An assassin is always in a bad spot, since you need to burst. A warrior can´t burst someone, so especially fights against scholars are probably like fighthing a wall with a your head.

So i don´t know... that´s just a little overview. The archer might not have something real special next to the kiting potential. (without subclasses) But she is really tough and quite easy to play.

ChromasIV

Astellian
May 24, 2019
Archer:

- 2 x close range knockdowns + 1 long range knockback
- 1 x long range stun
- 2 x long range slowdown + 1 aoe slowdown
- the biggest range

You can use everything for free, you can use the most skills while moving and you´ve a self - heal atleast with a high CD. The kiting potential is extremely strong and overall the archer don´t have any real cons.

+ The subclass ranger got a binding + an anti - evasion skill and even stealth?!
Rangers have the following:
  • 1 Knockdown: Rising Moon.
    • Knockdown - melee range actually useless in a normal fight in Avalon.
  • 1 Stun: Hammer Shot
    • Stun barely lands and when it does they already cc cleansed it while your charging any of your high dps skills.
  • 1 Knockback: Thundering Shot
    • Knockback joke of a skill, barely works and when it does the person is glitching across the screen due to the weird network code.
  • 1 Snare: Mine Trap
    • Melee range, skill only last 2-3seconds on the ground. Must stop moving to even place trap.
  • 2 Slows: Bola & Evasive Arrow
    • Slows are even more of a joke. You think you will slow someone and beat them by kiting them in pvp? You really have no idea.
Ranger's have zero mobility. Look at a Mage. That's mobility.
Did I mention that ranger's have to charge both of their hard hitting skills that can be "escaped" if you just roll.

Scholar:

- 1 x knockdown
- 1 x binding
- 1 x slowdown
- 1 x status - evasion debuff

Yes a scholar can be annoying. You need to CC - burst them or they´ll heal, heal , heal and you´ll drop due to their DoT or burst combos. The Shaman is really strong ----> broken atleast against melees. Just cast the blind - totem, stand in it and kill the melee in range. Atleast the warrior can counter it a bit, but the assassin is fckd up. (Not to mention that this totem is broken in PvE too, since you can skip whole bossmechanics with it.)
Archer / Assassin could need a heal debuff (25% less heal on a skill) to fight better against scholars, but overall it´s possible, when the RNG - Burst is with you. Stack evasion and enjoy...
Go fight a Shaman. Then come back. You won't ever beat a Shaman in PvP. If you think you will burst down a healer you are sadly mistaken.

They have 1k pdef, 1k mdef, and 1k+ spell power. They have multiple totems to keep you at bay and the ability to nuke the crap out of you from a distance. Stacking evasion won't save you.

Shaman is a tank with magic powers.

That's all Ima post on this.

Reactions: Pandalicious

Gioppi

Astellian
Sep 9, 2019

Archer's are horrible.

Why you may ask?

Let's review:

I said that because i'm first in the ranking arena , i can literally go 1 vs raid killing people and escaping or even killing the full team, all u need is knowing the class. it's UNBALANCED and don't take me wrong i'm an archer. Also what u said of our skills is wrong. in this game archer is not a range class in pvp, we are melee.

ChromasIV

Astellian
May 24, 2019
I said that because i'm first in the ranking arena , i can literally go 1 vs raid killing people and escaping or even killing the full team, all u need is knowing the class. it's UNBALANCED and don't take me wrong i'm an archer. Also what u said of our skills is wrong. in this game archer is not a range class in pvp, we are melee.
Arena is 100% bad and unbalance crap. 1v1 is nothing.

Reactions: Oklmq

Gioppi

Astellian
Sep 9, 2019
as i said , with ranger i can wipe a team, my record was 1v7 :cool: in avalon. Archer is stupidly op.

Oklmq

Astellian
Jun 19, 2019
its because it was against bad players like in heroic gears, obviously u cant 1vs7 against T2 players

Oklmq

Astellian
Jun 19, 2019
Nah lol i doubt but show us proofs then against T2 players

Last edited:

Gioppi

Astellian
Sep 9, 2019
Make people play avalon like the first 2 weeks 😭. You can really kill many people as long as the enemy doesn't have an hawkeye because they have too much phy accuracy.

Zwiebel

Astellian
Jul 4, 2019
Are you really debating Gioppi here? I fought him a couple of times in Avalon. Needless to say I had absolutely zero chance of winning. That guy is a one-man-army and he obviously knows what he is doing.
Success makes right.

Pirylio

Astellian
Oct 4, 2019
We are talking about vs t2 players. Ofc one t2 cant kill 7 t2 players especially if there are tanks and healers.