Astellia Korean Service Shutdown

CM Aethon

Community Manager
Staff Member
Jan 23, 2019

Greetings Astellians,

We wanted to take this opportunity to further embrace our stance on continued open communication with you. Recent news of the closure of the Korean Astellia service has undoubtedly reached our community. The publisher for this region is undergoing a process of restructuring. As a result of this, the Korean service will no longer be operated by them and will be coming to a close early next year. We’d like to take a moment to reassure our community, that the publisher for Korean region and the North American / European regions are independent, and will continue to service Astellia without interruption.

Currently, we are considering inviting displaced players from the Korean service to find a new home alongside us in the West. Bringing them aboard would provide players with access to a wealth of Astellia knowledge, increase overall player activity on servers, reduce dungeon queue times, and strengthen the level of competition within Avalon. We understand the significance of this decision, and in lieu of this, we encourage you to share your opinions and ideas with us below.

As always, we appreciate your insights and thank you for being such a fantastic community.

- The Astellia Team

Scotticus

Astellian
Sep 10, 2019
Lets do this! Larger player base is a great thing; however, I do have concerns about the P2W aspect of KR version and if that will cause imbalance issues. If those can be overcome in PVP and PVE through systems that could be thought out and implemented then I see that being a good thing from a larger player base perspective. Looking forward to a good 2020 for us Astellians! Thank you as well for the openness and honesty!

Last edited:

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
inviting them ... with their 10 star astels ?
inviting them ... and having them restart at zero again ?
inviting them ... and putting them back at a capped astel-ranking, they had month's ago ?

which one would it be ?

would they restart from zero,
would we accept 10star p2w pushed chars,
would they want to be put back to their version from month's ago

Oklmq

Astellian
Jun 19, 2019
They have T3 gear in KR if they come to our version they start from 0 for sure

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
so would they be willing, to loose everything, they worked for ... for weeks and month's ?
i probbly wouldn't ... but if they start from 0 ...

Dec 12, 2019
so would they be willing, to loose everything, they worked for ... for weeks and month's ?
i probbly wouldn't ... but if they start from 0 ...
Considering KR is closing. They would lose everything. Better keep something than nothing at all right?

I can say for myself If it was me and I love the game. As long as I can keep it going I'm ok with the advantage loss.

Other way around would be to have their acc maxed and waiting for T3 so they can raid together with us right of the bat.
While giving them certain privilege doing so, give us the playerbase and queue and some players to feed the community with tips and know how of new dungeons

Ideabulb

Astellian
Jul 5, 2019

Greetings Astellians,

We wanted to take this opportunity to further embrace our stance on continued open communication with you. Recent news of the closure of the Korean Astellia service has undoubtedly reached our community. The publisher for this region is undergoing a process of restructuring. As a result of this, the Korean service will no longer be operated by them and will be coming to a close early next year. We’d like to take a moment to reassure our community, that the publisher for Korean region and the North American / European regions are independent, and will continue to service Astellia without interruption.

Currently, we are considering inviting displaced players from the Korean service to find a new home alongside us in the West. Bringing them aboard would provide players with access to a wealth of Astellia knowledge, increase overall player activity on servers, reduce dungeon queue times, and strengthen the level of competition within Avalon. We understand the significance of this decision, and in lieu of this, we encourage you to share your opinions and ideas with us below.

As always, we appreciate your insights and thank you for being such a fantastic community.

- The Astellia Team
You must offer them some big things to get them in order to get them to come here they will be a few months behind and there is no pay to win to catch up. If you ever want the game to stand a chance on being active on na again this is your only chance and I would take it very seriously. I know you probably cant check to see if they have an account over there but you could at the very least sell a huge catch up package with astel cards or even better the star coin currency in it so they could narrow down which astels they want instead of the card packs. 10k would seem like a lot I assure you even for casual players level that the average range would not even fully catch them up and this would be a way you would not have to go pay to win. Though you arent there yet we all know you could be getting close. Put out a small advertisement in that area for korean players selling a catch up starter package maybe on there forums or discord before it goes down. Along with a coupon code to receive extra if they are from that region.

Last edited:

Oklmq

Astellian
Jun 19, 2019
Bless online said same ..they invited korean players to come to Bless online West, result: maybe 10 Korean players joined among all servers. I'm afraid to say it wont bring more than 50 players at max anyway...

Wake up and just release this damn game on steam omg...make more ads/marketing/videos/news idk there are so many ways to GET an influx of players than just inviting korean players LOL

If NOT all of this is working just release this game as F2P with more items, costumes, skins or whatever in cash shop (but still without being P2W ofc)

Hype

Astellian
Jun 17, 2019
I agree with the above posts, there is no way they could come to our servers and have the same progression. But!!! if they do they start from 0 like everyone else or they can simply eat the **** sammich they have been given and lose everything. What grounds would they have to complain? The only ones that would come over are the ones that truly love the game, why would/should they need incentives? The options they have sadly are lose everything and not play astellia or lose everything and continue to play, the knowledge they have will be enough of an advantage to them as it is.

However I would be all for them receiving a "free account" to play. I know the game needs players and money to stay afloat and the devs can certainly cash in on the whales which is the upside of the free accounts as they will spend money in the shop but thats as far as it should go.

Last edited:

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
well like i said,
if i'd farm for weeks and month and years ... and finnaly have full endgame equip, i worked extremely hard to get ...
i woudldn't want to be thrown with 0 back to ppl who already run around with 7 star astels

on the other hand, if you leave them their progress ... it would entirely ruin the game for everyone currently playing here

so the main question that would need an answer is :
how do you balance these two things

how can you make it so, that a) the currently playing ppl don't get stepped on their toes by totally op ones
and b) the korean ones don't feel, like they loose everything they worked (and paid !) for

only if these two questions get thought about, you can realy think about something like that

a possibility - of course - could be,
to allow a merge between the currently existing servers [eu1/eu2/na] into an international one and add another server mainly for the korean crowd ...

with the possibility to enter the random dungeon-finder and avalon with a downgraded [= astel/lvl/eq - capped] version of their chars ... that could actually work

Hype

Astellian
Jun 17, 2019
well like i said,
if i'd farm for weeks and month and years ... and finnaly have full endgame equip, i worked extremely hard to get ...
i woudldn't want to be thrown with 0 back to ppl who already run around with 7 star astels

on the other hand, if you leave them their progress ... it would entirely ruin the game for everyone currently playing here

so the main question that would need an answer is :
how do you balance these two things

how can you make it so, that a) the currently playing ppl don't get stepped on their toes by totally op ones
and b) the korean ones don't feel, like they loose everything they worked (and paid !) for

only if these two questions get thought about, you can realy think about something like that

a possibility - of course - could be,
to allow a merge between the currently existing servers [eu1/eu2/na] into an international one and add another server mainly for the korean crowd ...

with the possibility to enter the random dungeon-finder and avalon with a downgraded [= astel/lvl/eq - capped] version of their chars ... that could actually work
My point above is the devs in the NA/EU version do not " owe" the Korean version players anything its simply a good will gesture!! There game is p2w ours is btp , giving them gains they paid for in their version is crazy as our version had to earn them!

Giving them a home to play the game they love at no cost is a $30 bonus straight up!!! allowing them to keep potential p2w is 1000% counter productive to the btp model. And that's not to mention that if they did do such a move there would be players playing NA/EU that would instantly get a semi geared account because there was a bunch playing Kor version before NA was released! And they will of course be on the "give them everything" bandwagon because it will 100% benefit them!

Giving them anything is a bonus to the nothing they will have when the servers close and that would be ample. I mean they have a choice if they wish to continue with the game given they got burnt before.

My opinion is max should be an account with 1 level 50 boost ( just so they can participate) and 1 set of purple gear ( magic with str and dex and melee with Int and knw) you know i had to right?!?!? :) ! And that is simply a gift because at any time after kor server closes they can start an NA account and away they go!!

Any more than that and all new players should get bonuses and thats not fair to anyone currently playing.

Athanatos

Astellian
Oct 19, 2019
I don't think that the point is every player from Korean to join NA/EU servers. Just the players that dont mind to start from the beginning in a new server(for them).

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
My point above is the devs in the NA/EU version do not " owe" the Korean version players anything its simply a good will gesture!! There game is p2w ours is btp , giving them gains they paid for in their version is crazy as our version had to earn them!
i understand that,
but you always have to look at it from both sides of the medal

you have to consider how it looks to them [their game shut down and noew the dev's telling them "hey, (we) just closed your game, but you can come to an older version of the game and restart from zero"] ... and how you would feel and behave, if you got told something like that ... i would feel ... fooled

Giving them a home to play the game they love at no cost is a $30 bonus straight up!!!
from our point of view ...
from their point of few it still results in a 30,50 or even 100$ loss ...

allowing them to keep potential p2w is 1000% counter productive to the btp model.
which is exactly the issue,
you can't just go out their and say "hey, you'll loose everything you played and payed for" ...
at the same time you can't allow them to keep their stuff ...

a potential [but very time intensive] solution could be,
to look at the astel-stars at our server ... and than calculate ... the top 1% has astels high ... the top 10% has astels high ...
and than look the same in the kr version ...

and than hand out astel packs [or random astel] directly to the korean crowd ...
so that "their" top 1% would equal our top 10% ...

you could do the same with gear too ...

so ... basically ... you would downcalculate their system to our system

another option would be, like you said,
to hand them out a free account ... and give them certain boosts (like droprate boosts / astel boosts / dungen tickets ... like we had at the early avalon opening ... but for a way longer timeperiod)

Vynx

Astellian
Oct 21, 2019
Actually in KR they seem to at least hace gotten refund for stuff they bought since a few months ago or something like that.

Anyways, my opinión on the subject would be...not Transfer their accounts obviously because they could have loads of gold and/or stuff, but perhaps giving them a pack with a lvl 50 class of their choice, and a weapon/armor legendary +5 or so (bound, unable to trade) and a few astel Card packs, all this for money or for free, Up to the devs.
They'll still have to farm accesories/enchant and grind their 5 star classes, but imo it's an incentive and certainly starting at lvl 1 won't make them move to another version, the ping is probably bad enough to not move to EU, but maybe they could play decently in NA

Last edited:

Hype

Astellian
Jun 17, 2019
you have to consider how it looks to them [their game shut down and noew the dev's telling them "hey, (we) just closed your game, but you can come to an older version of the game and restart from zero"] ... and how you would feel and behave, if you got told something like that ... i would feel ... fooled
Of course they can! they are 2 completely different publishers!! The Publishers of NA/EU never received any money from the Korean version ,it was Nexon. Nexon took their money and closed their servers . So they are not "entitled" to anything it would merely be a gesture of goodwill.

Anything they receive in the NA/EU version is a bonus. Its like saying Arenanet ripped you off so Blizzard should compensate you ( I know they are different games but so are the KOR and NA versions) .

Reactions: ladydias and Dashup