Astellia KR is closing down the 16th january 2020 what will happen to OUR version?

Oklmq

Astellian
Jun 19, 2019
source in korean: https://astellia.nexon.com/news/notice/view.aspx?n4articlesn=612

Translated:

Nexon Portal Notice
Asteria Service End Notice NEW
Astoria
Astoria

8 hours 39 minutes ago

PreviousNext
" Oh, Stellenbosch , and the authentic taste plus the strategic battle of the MMORPG, ah ah Stelliga .

To many Masters who have loved and cared for Astoria so far
I am very sorry to hear from you .

Oh Stelliga know 2020 years 1 Mon. 16- days ( the neck ) End made the difficult decision of .

I've really tried to respond to the love you sent me ,
After careful consideration, I made a tough decision to end the service .

I would like to express my sincere gratitude to all the Masters who have been with me ,
We will not forget all the moments we have together and keep it deep in our hearts .

As it follows sludge will guide the service shutdown-related schedules , please note .

■ End of Service Schedule
- Game End : 2020 years 1 Mon 16 Thursday,
- terminate the service official website : 2020 years 1 Mon 16 Thursday,

■ End of Service Schedule

work​

Detail​

calendar​

Service end date notice
2020 years 1 Mon. 16- days ( the neck ) terminate Service
2019 years 12 May 12 days ( the neck )​

Specialty Store Collapse
Remove Nexon Cash purchases ( Gem packages , Vehicles , etc. )
Oh Stellenbosch 1 times / 10 times summoned removed

Naver Channeling new subscription ends
NAVER Channeling cannot join

Completion of commercialization of PC room
Premium PC room benefits always apply
When you are connected to Astella even in a non- PC room
PC room benefits always apply
- Max AP + 10%
- Character EXP + 10%
- Item auto gain
- Dungeon tickets reduced charging time

Refund Request Page Opened
Refund Policy Guide and Refund Application Begin
2019 years 12 May 19 days ( the neck )​

Application for refund
Application for refund
2020 years 1 May 12 days ( days )​

Termination and Refunds
End of service and refund
Official website closed

2020 years 1 May 16- days ( the neck )​

※ detailed refund policy 2019 years 12 Mon. 19 days ( the neck ) can be found on the page refund to be released .
※ Refund is not done automatically , will be conducted using a master's your refund .
* We are also preparing a refund for 10- Star Astells .
※ With End is the official website operated the end , all my posts will be removed homepage .

Thank you .
Please tell us what will happen to our version! If it has no future in 2020 too we need to know what will happen, as it wont be worth investing time and money on it (as least for me) ....

Dashup

Astellian
Sep 27, 2019
Our version is not Kr version.
Our version is edited by developper. Kr version not.

Oklmq

Astellian
Jun 19, 2019
AND?? DEv are korean, Nexon is KR publisher (and has shares and rights in astellia), but if they close down their domestic version (most advanced version) it is never good for foreign versions, remind me bless online, same happened, KR closed then NA/EU version!

WE just need an OFFICIAL answer to what will happen to our version that's it, if they promise the game will be online for few years then tell us now, staff here is being too silent for long time thats not A GOOD sign ever..

Astellia KR had only 1 year of LIFE !!! it is nothing for a MMORPG! It is normal players like me are worried about our version and what will happen to it!!!

Last edited:

SaltySlippers

Astellian
Aug 4, 2019
We do have a road map for 2020, so I’m guessing it won’t happen to the western version any time soon. At least not until we have all the content the Koreans had. The Russian server is also still scheduled to be launched next year, which proves it doesn’t affect us directly.

Don’t let it discourage you to continue. With some work and a bit of luck, this game can still be great in EU/NA.

Dashup

Astellian
Sep 27, 2019
Nexon is only the publisher in one country and not developper.
EU version is not the KR version! We receive miodan mines, new region, korean version not. We have other version.
Astllia come in russia with GameNet soon. game is in closed beta in russia atm.
So game close in 1 country and open in 1 other country.
And we have roadmap for 2020 with lot of news updates.
Paladins servers shutdow in november in China and ? and nothing, game is alive and update in others country.

Last edited:

Oklmq

Astellian
Jun 19, 2019
Roadmap is just words, and most content from it is from KR version..I saw many KR versions of MMORPG closing down then foreign versions followed same path (and were in maintenance mode). The DEVS of the game are korean, part of barunson, i know Nexon is just publisher but they had rights and shares in astellia. When a domestic release in KOREA is closing down it is never good for others versions...as they dont care much about foreigners, trust me i saw this many times in past.

Ofc it will discourage many players as future is really uncertain (we have very less concrete news form Staff here, except this roadmap without previews or artworks, just words based on players feedbacks). It is a mmorpg, players tend to invest time and money on it BUT if the future is uncertain they will just stop playing or invest as it is NOT worth at all.

Releasing RU version, EU/NA just prove they needed fast cash as they were running out of money to continue services or to pay dev studio.. as this game has been in dev for 6years in Korea..

Reactions: Chikung and Tridda

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
Yeah the roadmap is 90% korean content and if i see our western playerbase... looks like RIP Astellia.

Reactions: Chikung

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
Tbh... can we get any infos @CM Aethon , @CM Flora , @CM Venecia?

It would be a shame to tell us about a 6 months roadmap, just to close the game afterwards. I don´t care about the invested money, but i would care about the time. Are there any further plans?

Reactions: Oraqlas

ladydias

Astellian
Nov 16, 2019
Not sure what you expect the CM's to say on the subject. The game is shutting down in Korea but Korea also has significantly higher competition between MMOs than in the west since everything is free-2-play and Astellia is very much an old-school style game in an era where many new games are hub and action-based and often centered around PvP.

Also, closure in one country does not automatically mean closure in another because different markets are different. Tastes vary and there other examples of games that bomb in one place and do great in another (something similar often happens with movies too). Also, opening up in Russia means they want more money (MMOs are a big investment) which is the goal of every company whether they are failing or not.

This doesn't mean you shouldn't be concerned but fear-mongering is unproductive and doing it during a time of year where every company struggles if they aren't centered on retail for Christmas sales is not the best time. It's like complaining that fewer people are online, it's going to be partly people leaving and partly people not having time due to the holidays. Best to see what they do from January on as December is the worst time.

TLDR At best they will follow the road map they've published and add more content at the end of it once we catch-up to where Korea was. At worst they will fail to follow the road map and the game will close. Either way, it's a wait and see sort of thing once the new year rolls around.

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
*walks in and hands out freshly baked cookies, tea and hot chokolat for everyone* ...

let's stick to the 48 rules and give them a few hours ... ok ^.^

Lewtz

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
Well.. someone up and died in here .. jeez makes sense though given the past of the KR mmo's brought over to company's who can't handle them and lose nearly everyone month one.

Pypurka1337

Astellian
Dec 12, 2019
I live in Russia. And it’s very funny that we just started closed beta testing, and in Korea such “good” news. And I managed to try the game, and I liked it. So I'm doubly sad

ladydias

Astellian
Nov 16, 2019
Any other plans and fixes than already existing KR content maybe.
Serious question, outside of maybe a few exceptions, how often do CM's on any game have the authority to discuss plans outside of referring players to officially posted news? I've played a fair few and usually that's what you can expect as it can mean their job if they give out info that might not be accurate or is subject to change. Same rule applies to acknowledging that a game might have population issues. They never do outside of saying that they hear the feedback. CM's aren't particularly high on the totem pole, you know.

ladydias

Astellian
Nov 16, 2019
I live in Russia. And it’s very funny that we just started closed beta testing, and in Korea such “good” news. And I managed to try the game, and I liked it. So I'm doubly sad
If you enjoy the game, then play the game. Like I said earlier, Korea has insane competition for MMOs so most new games struggle and different games perform differently in various markets. If you can get a few hundred hours of enjoyment out of a game, isn't that a good thing?

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
Serious question, outside of maybe a few exceptions, how often do CM's on any game have the authority to discuss plans outside of referring players to officially posted news? I've played a fair few and usually that's what you can expect as it can mean their job if they give out info that might not be accurate or is subject to change. Same rule applies to acknowledging that a game might have population issues. They never do outside of saying that they hear the feedback. CM's aren't particularly high on the totem pole, you know.
The CM´s are our connection to the devs, so they could atleast ask them since we can´t. The playerbase is low and KR shutdowns... we never get real patchnotes or fixes and just a roadmap with mostly existing content.
I do know that they´re in a bad spot as CM´s, but that´s actually the only chance to get some more informations.

While they shutdown KR, they should care more for the western market. If they don´t, well...