Astells for Archer

Darktivo

Astellian
Feb 14, 2020
As the title says which ones u reccomend and what deck types etc could any info on this be put on this thread Thanks

Kobe

Astellian
Jan 25, 2020
In other games where u play Archer without any pets, which class do u always wish you had with u?
Either tank or healer right?

So Rota for bosses and Aida for trash.

Falconer_Joanna

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
As the title says which ones u reccomend and what deck types etc could any info on this be put on this thread Thanks
Well you also asked about deck effects so:

Could probably write a small paper on answering this question. I really haven’t explored every single astel, but have played enough to develop a stable of favorites and have some deck effects that I really like.

Certainly, you need a good tank and healer to handle most of the game and solo dungeons. As an archer, no astel can compete with your damage numbers. Let’s start with tanks:

Rota – an absolute monster tank, when at equal level of the other tanks she reigns supreme in boss fights. She can hold aggro forever and tank a ton of damage. Due to the popularity of CRV and Den, she tends to gain levels very quickly.

Virgo – A very small step down from Rota, great tanking and aggro holding ability. Her snatch ability works on small mobs. I’ve had her tank monsters that wiped out all the players, but her biggest plus is that she’s easier to advance than Rota. She drops in 4 dungeons and two different astel decks. Because of this I actually prefer her (she’s within 100 points of her 8 th star).

Tetrinio – The clear winner in PvP, his tether ability has no equal in Rota or Virgo, and he adds to the horseman effect (which really helps in Avalon with all the moving around I do).

Healers – A bit more choices here:

Aida – The queen, if you want a great healer that requires no attention on your part, she’s unequaled. Her special attack works well in PvP, she’s got great attack range and reigns supreme as the afk farming astel. If I have only one astel out, it’s usually her. Being a guardian, her downsides are gaining her stars and the AP required to keep her around (precluding atra potions ability to keep 2 astels summoned continuously without serious deck effects). She’s the one constant in nearly every deck I use. She’s even has her own spot – f4 – where I put nobody else.

Miho – The best burst healer astel in the game. Her special “attack” is a heal that is better than 3x her normal heal, and her combo attack is a 10 second continuous heal. Properly fitted with star jewels, I have her healing over 2.5k every 20 seconds (at only 7 stars). When I’m soloing bosses, having her and Virgo out is a given. It’s like playing with two queens in chess. She’s a bit hard to advance, (plan on running Sansara MANY times) but so worth the effort.

Ram – Another powerful healer, who’s special attack is a status heal. He’s my filler for when Miho’s been knocked out, but can never replace her.

Cygnus – I’ll admit I don’t use her much outside of PvP and really haven’t pushed very hard to advance her, would love to hear other’s experiences with her as I see others with her out quite often.

Papilia and Grimoire – They are your ‘party’ healers. I know some people who use them very often, but their group heals don’t seem that useful to an archer. Lets face it, in a party an archer’s job is spike damage our biggest weakness is mana, as we have to sacrifice health to gain mana – having a healer that can quickly regain our health seems a bit more useful, especially if the party healer has their hands full keeping the tank alive in some of the harder boss fights. Grimoire's bonus to physical defense isn't that useful since you should be evading damage.

Warriors:

In PvE, they are superfluous to our damage numbers. I rarely have them in my PvE decks, and even more rarely have called on them (except for Capricorn for the ‘swift’ deck effect). They can’t hold aggro and don’t do heavy damage, thus aren’t that useful to us.

For PvP, any warrior with a stun is useful (Capricorn is really good, but so is Leo (and he’s very easy to advance)).

Archers:

For PvE, they are there for 2 reasons; they add to your damage numbers and/or they buff you.

Archer – good for adding to your damage to bosses and his buff to you is very good. Additionally, he adds to the mana regen deck effect (which is nice). He does single target damage, and thus is good in boss fights to add to your damage (however he often takes a back seat to some of the muses I use).

Vulpecula – Other than his ranged attack for damaging mobs and his horseman deck effect, he’s just not very useful.

Unicorn – greatly inferior to Archer, but he adds to the seeker deck effect so he gets kept around for that (if I don’t want to use Seika for some reason).

PvP, any with a stun are potentially useful, but I don’t use them for this.

Assassin:

Seika – Call her in during boss fights, use her special attack and then dismiss her. Being a guardian, you won’t keep her around due to AP cost. Her damage outside her special attack is far below yours as an Archer, but she does do a nice bit of damage. She has the Seeker and Thief deck effect which are both nice. She’s usually in my deck.

Serpens – I actually like her poison special attack for mobs more than Vulpecula, due to the popularity of CRV, expect her to advance pretty steadily. Sadly her deck effects (except for Rich) aren’t that impressive.

That’s pretty much the only ones I bother with in PvE.

PvP is a different story, Link and Corvus are always in my PvP deck, they are very useful. Link is always in my deck when I’m in Avalon (even during peacetime). Both add to the thief deck effect, which is nice.

Muses:

I’ll admit I am completely torn between Ursa and Lira and often have both in my deck. Ursa actually reduces your mana use, increases your mana pool, and adds to the seeker effect, all of which pretty much guarantee he is always in my PvE decks. Lira reduces your skill cooldown by 10%, a very substantial increase to your damage numbers (I’ll leave it up to you whether this is a better buff than Archer). Both are servants and thus are easy to keep around, Ursa is noticeably easier to advance than Lira, as he’s in two different decks. However, both are only rarely my primary astel, in some rare cases having both out is fun (like speed running Den). I find it easy as an archer to wipe out my mana reserve in long fights if I’m not careful. That being said, if I’m in a ‘proper’ party (where I don’t need a tank and healer), Lira is preferred for shorter fights, Ursa for longer fights.

Others – I don’t really bother with them in PvE, Kukuma and Aquarius really aren’t useful for us (though Aquarius adds to the mana regen deck effect) but one lowers cast time and the other lowers attack speed which I think is listen as ‘use time’, archers have low ‘Use times’ and only one skill has a ‘Cast time’. So I just don’t use them.

For PvP, I only use Tioka for his horseman effect (even then, he’s only out for traveling), there are just too many other useful astels for PvP.

Mages:

I’ll admit I really want Mages to be useful, I would love to gather a mob, and have Sirius or Canceria wipe them out, but that just doesn’t happen. They are a pale shadow of damage compared to any of our AOE attacks. I keep Sirius on my deck for the seeker effect, but only occasionally call him out (his area attack works well with my normal rotation). I like Canceria’s animation when following you (riding her broom), but other than the occasional novelty, I don’t use her.

For PvP, Pisces and Glacier rule the roost here for their special attacks.

As you can tell, I switch my decks around to match the situation. If, for example, I am running hard dungeons solo, I would make sure I have Virgo, Miho, Rota, Aida, Ram, Ursa, Seika and Sirius in my deck. That gives me a tank/healer pair and a backup. Aida for emergencies and times w/o atra potions and the rest for the seeker effect. This setup also works when running dungeons with newer/less experienced players. If the dungeon is easy, I would drop Rota/Ram and use the setup I use in party dungeons. For party dungeons, if I know I have a good scholar in the group, I go Virgo, Miho, Aida, Ursa, Seika, Sirius (plus 2 depending on mood). I was in one dungeon and our tank fell to an AOE (which took
out our backup DPS), I downed a potion and called out Virgo while our Scholar res’d our tank and other DPS. Virgo saved that fight for us. I swap around astels in dungeons, based on need. When I didn’t have a scholar in my party, I bring Ram as keeping Miho and Ram on our tank (with occasional Aida use) can heal a lot of HP very quickly. The only effect I really try to keep around for all PvE is Seeker. If it’s a particular long dungeon, I might have ‘swift’ for running or for a long fight, might have mana regen running – but those aren’t that important. I do use Thief when buying anything. I use Technician anytime I’m upgrading something and chemist when breaking down equipment. If I’m letting Aida farm, I have Seeker and Rich running, I don’t believe buff’s in Astellia stack, but I can’t tell if Rich has a higher buff to asper gain than Seeker so I use both. For PvP, I don’t count on having any effects other than horseman (as I seem to do a lot of traveling in Avalon), though I do like to have Mana regen up for the Center Boss fights in Avalon.

At least that's what I do - hope this gives you some ideas.

Reactions: Oklmq and Kobe

AllD

Astellian
Feb 3, 2020
Well you also asked about deck effects so:

Could probably write a small paper on answering this question. I really haven’t explored every single astel, but have played enough to develop a stable of favorites and have some deck effects that I really like.

Certainly, you need a good tank and healer to handle most of the game and solo dungeons. As an archer, no astel can compete with your damage numbers. Let’s start with tanks:

Rota – an absolute monster tank, when at equal level of the other tanks she reigns supreme in boss fights. She can hold aggro forever and tank a ton of damage. Due to the popularity of CRV and Den, she tends to gain levels very quickly.

Virgo – A very small step down from Rota, great tanking and aggro holding ability. Her snatch ability works on small mobs. I’ve had her tank monsters that wiped out all the players, but her biggest plus is that she’s easier to advance than Rota. She drops in 4 dungeons and two different astel decks. Because of this I actually prefer her (she’s within 100 points of her 8 th star).

Tetrinio – The clear winner in PvP, his tether ability has no equal in Rota or Virgo, and he adds to the horseman effect (which really helps in Avalon with all the moving around I do).

Healers – A bit more choices here:

Aida – The queen, if you want a great healer that requires no attention on your part, she’s unequaled. Her special attack works well in PvP, she’s got great attack range and reigns supreme as the afk farming astel. If I have only one astel out, it’s usually her. Being a guardian, her downsides are gaining her stars and the AP required to keep her around (precluding atra potions ability to keep 2 astels summoned continuously without serious deck effects). She’s the one constant in nearly every deck I use. She’s even has her own spot – f4 – where I put nobody else.

Miho – The best burst healer astel in the game. Her special “attack” is a heal that is better than 3x her normal heal, and her combo attack is a 10 second continuous heal. Properly fitted with star jewels, I have her healing over 2.5k every 20 seconds (at only 7 stars). When I’m soloing bosses, having her and Virgo out is a given. It’s like playing with two queens in chess. She’s a bit hard to advance, (plan on running Sansara MANY times) but so worth the effort.

Ram – Another powerful healer, who’s special attack is a status heal. He’s my filler for when Miho’s been knocked out, but can never replace her.

Cygnus – I’ll admit I don’t use her much outside of PvP and really haven’t pushed very hard to advance her, would love to hear other’s experiences with her as I see others with her out quite often.

Papilia and Grimoire – They are your ‘party’ healers. I know some people who use them very often, but their group heals don’t seem that useful to an archer. Lets face it, in a party an archer’s job is spike damage our biggest weakness is mana, as we have to sacrifice health to gain mana – having a healer that can quickly regain our health seems a bit more useful, especially if the party healer has their hands full keeping the tank alive in some of the harder boss fights. Grimoire's bonus to physical defense isn't that useful since you should be evading damage.

Warriors:

In PvE, they are superfluous to our damage numbers. I rarely have them in my PvE decks, and even more rarely have called on them (except for Capricorn for the ‘swift’ deck effect). They can’t hold aggro and don’t do heavy damage, thus aren’t that useful to us.

For PvP, any warrior with a stun is useful (Capricorn is really good, but so is Leo (and he’s very easy to advance)).

Archers:

For PvE, they are there for 2 reasons; they add to your damage numbers and/or they buff you.

Archer – good for adding to your damage to bosses and his buff to you is very good. Additionally, he adds to the mana regen deck effect (which is nice). He does single target damage, and thus is good in boss fights to add to your damage (however he often takes a back seat to some of the muses I use).

Vulpecula – Other than his ranged attack for damaging mobs and his horseman deck effect, he’s just not very useful.

Unicorn – greatly inferior to Archer, but he adds to the seeker deck effect so he gets kept around for that (if I don’t want to use Seika for some reason).

PvP, any with a stun are potentially useful, but I don’t use them for this.

Assassin:

Seika – Call her in during boss fights, use her special attack and then dismiss her. Being a guardian, you won’t keep her around due to AP cost. Her damage outside her special attack is far below yours as an Archer, but she does do a nice bit of damage. She has the Seeker and Thief deck effect which are both nice. She’s usually in my deck.

Serpens – I actually like her poison special attack for mobs more than Vulpecula, due to the popularity of CRV, expect her to advance pretty steadily. Sadly her deck effects (except for Rich) aren’t that impressive.

That’s pretty much the only ones I bother with in PvE.

PvP is a different story, Link and Corvus are always in my PvP deck, they are very useful. Link is always in my deck when I’m in Avalon (even during peacetime). Both add to the thief deck effect, which is nice.

Muses:

I’ll admit I am completely torn between Ursa and Lira and often have both in my deck. Ursa actually reduces your mana use, increases your mana pool, and adds to the seeker effect, all of which pretty much guarantee he is always in my PvE decks. Lira reduces your skill cooldown by 10%, a very substantial increase to your damage numbers (I’ll leave it up to you whether this is a better buff than Archer). Both are servants and thus are easy to keep around, Ursa is noticeably easier to advance than Lira, as he’s in two different decks. However, both are only rarely my primary astel, in some rare cases having both out is fun (like speed running Den). I find it easy as an archer to wipe out my mana reserve in long fights if I’m not careful. That being said, if I’m in a ‘proper’ party (where I don’t need a tank and healer), Lira is preferred for shorter fights, Ursa for longer fights.

Others – I don’t really bother with them in PvE, Kukuma and Aquarius really aren’t useful for us (though Aquarius adds to the mana regen deck effect) but one lowers cast time and the other lowers attack speed which I think is listen as ‘use time’, archers have low ‘Use times’ and only one skill has a ‘Cast time’. So I just don’t use them.

For PvP, I only use Tioka for his horseman effect (even then, he’s only out for traveling), there are just too many other useful astels for PvP.

Mages:

I’ll admit I really want Mages to be useful, I would love to gather a mob, and have Sirius or Canceria wipe them out, but that just doesn’t happen. They are a pale shadow of damage compared to any of our AOE attacks. I keep Sirius on my deck for the seeker effect, but only occasionally call him out (his area attack works well with my normal rotation). I like Canceria’s animation when following you (riding her broom), but other than the occasional novelty, I don’t use her.

For PvP, Pisces and Glacier rule the roost here for their special attacks.

As you can tell, I switch my decks around to match the situation. If, for example, I am running hard dungeons solo, I would make sure I have Virgo, Miho, Rota, Aida, Ram, Ursa, Seika and Sirius in my deck. That gives me a tank/healer pair and a backup. Aida for emergencies and times w/o atra potions and the rest for the seeker effect. This setup also works when running dungeons with newer/less experienced players. If the dungeon is easy, I would drop Rota/Ram and use the setup I use in party dungeons. For party dungeons, if I know I have a good scholar in the group, I go Virgo, Miho, Aida, Ursa, Seika, Sirius (plus 2 depending on mood). I was in one dungeon and our tank fell to an AOE (which took
out our backup DPS), I downed a potion and called out Virgo while our Scholar res’d our tank and other DPS. Virgo saved that fight for us. I swap around astels in dungeons, based on need. When I didn’t have a scholar in my party, I bring Ram as keeping Miho and Ram on our tank (with occasional Aida use) can heal a lot of HP very quickly. The only effect I really try to keep around for all PvE is Seeker. If it’s a particular long dungeon, I might have ‘swift’ for running or for a long fight, might have mana regen running – but those aren’t that important. I do use Thief when buying anything. I use Technician anytime I’m upgrading something and chemist when breaking down equipment. If I’m letting Aida farm, I have Seeker and Rich running, I don’t believe buff’s in Astellia stack, but I can’t tell if Rich has a higher buff to asper gain than Seeker so I use both. For PvP, I don’t count on having any effects other than horseman (as I seem to do a lot of traveling in Avalon), though I do like to have Mana regen up for the Center Boss fights in Avalon.

At least that's what I do - hope this gives you some ideas.
Virgo is 10x Times better then Rota anytime in agroholding and tanking once u do the dmg u ill see it urself Doing all dungeons with virgo since i dunno bcos we got no tank and we are faster without one anyway

U know kukuma gives us attackspeed Buff as passive right?

Reactions: Oklmq

Falconer_Joanna

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
Virgo is 10x Times better then Rota anytime in agroholding and tanking once u do the dmg u ill see it urself Doing all dungeons with virgo since i dunno bcos we got no tank and we are faster without one anyway

U know kukuma gives us attackspeed Buff as passive right?
Like I said I actually prefer Virgo as she's very easy to advance, and both have great aggro holding abilities. Nonetheless, Rota is very good, her share pain skill actually reduces some of the damage you take (as opposed to Virgo's adamantium armor which reduces the damage she takes). It's really a toss up as both work very well.

As far as Kukuma goes, I know it says it reduces your 'attack speed'. First off all our skills have a 'use time' and a 'Cooldown', only one archer skill has a 'Cast Speed' - Phoenix Arrow, I think Kukuma reduces the 'Use time' (and Aquarius reduces cast time). 'Use time', as near as I can tell, is the time from when the skill starts doing damage (after the cast time) til when the skill finishes doing damage. Most of the archer's use times are fairly short, for example 2.1 sec for rapid shot. The same skill has a 8 second cooldown. So, for example (assuming Kukuma has the same 10% reduction that Lira has, I can't tell since the skill's times change is so small and not listed in the description, but Lira's you can see in long cooldown skills as they count down, the countdown drops by 10%) to use Rapid Fire two times would take:

Kukuma = (.9)(2.1) + 8 + (.9)(2.1) or 11.78 seconds, and you could start the next shot @ 19.78 seconds

Lira = 2.1 + (.9)(8) + 2.1 or 11.4 seconds, and you could start the next shot @ 18.6 seconds, and she keeps getting better

Since Cooldowns are so much longer than 'Use Time', Lira has a much bigger impact for us......Not to mention Lira's much better deck effects.

Kukuma's just not as valuable to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oklmq

AllD

Astellian
Feb 3, 2020
Well u dont only need kukuma only for passive in ur Deck goes u never Used both at the same time u can burst a Boss Down like crazy if your party members got a Lira kukuma Rotation well funny is that no randoms ever use it and im the only one mostly doing it But the dmg Output is insane espacialy for archer
Also i dont use kukuma as main astel u gather Mobs then summon kukuma for higher aoe atk speed since u want to kill the trash as fast as possible before the Mobs spread or whatever Lira is useless
Since assa dash and 1 Rotation of archer aoes kills atm everything with a good T1 gear the Problem is for this u need a tank with a good mob Controll since u can clear the trash faster with archer and assa then with a mage combi But the Mobs needs to be in Place since the Aoe Range of US is to short and this is wy i Preffer running with 3 of US running haveli with virgo tanking then a tank that runs and jumps arround like he is on drugs and spreading tue Mobs while virgo just stand there and keeps them all in place

Falconer_Joanna

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
Well u dont only need kukuma only for passive in ur Deck goes u never Used both at the same time u can burst a Boss Down like crazy if your party members got a Lira kukuma Rotation well funny is that no randoms ever use it and im the only one mostly doing it But the dmg Output is insane espacialy for archer
Also i dont use kukuma as main astel u gather Mobs then summon kukuma for higher aoe atk speed since u want to kill the trash as fast as possible before the Mobs spread or whatever Lira is useless
Since assa dash and 1 Rotation of archer aoes kills atm everything with a good T1 gear the Problem is for this u need a tank with a good mob Controll since u can clear the trash faster with archer and assa then with a mage combi But the Mobs needs to be in Place since the Aoe Range of US is to short and this is wy i Preffer running with 3 of US running haveli with virgo tanking then a tank that runs and jumps arround like he is on drugs and spreading tue Mobs while virgo just stand there and keeps them all in place

If your argument is that using Lira and Kukuma together is better than using Lira alone, well that goes without saying.

It seems like you run with a set group, where everyone has a function to perform. Just having Virgo out in boss fights can work as long as someone is healing her (or you're downing a lot of potions. Nonetheless, in your setup, I can see the value of running Kukuma and Lira together.

However lets look at solo. You're probably running a potion and two astels for boss fights. Virgo and potions can work, but most of us run Virgo and healer like Miho (and yes I've run every dungeon with that setup, so this isn't just theory). Like most, I will supplement my damage by bringing out a third astel to kill faster. Since you're going through rotations multiple times, Lira wins this hands down (though I know people who love archer for his attack bonus).

Also lets look at party runs, unlike you I run with many different people. Typically I'll only run with one astel until boss fights. I can see using Kukuma and Lira there, but typically boss fights take more time in random groups, and if the healer messes up, typically the party dies, so having a healer as your first astlel takes a load off the party healer, in that case having Lira makes a bigger difference than Kukuma.

As far as clearing mobs, who really cares. You usually spend more time traveling than killing mobs. If using Kukuma is what you like, more power to you. Shaving 0.19 seconds off Volley's use time or 4.5 seconds off it's cooldown - I choose the later.