Astels Account Wide

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
you could actually avoid that,
by a) tying the weekly rewards to once per account ... and not once per character

and b) scaling the dungeon rewards down in accordance to the already dropped stars within timeframe X ...
so, if it's the first astel within the week for your account ... it could be made so, that you'd get 20,40 or 100 points out of the dungeon ...
and if it's the 100'thst you already dropped on your account it would only give you 1 point toward the goal

so start with a high starnumber for the first one ... and slowly decrease it by a certain ammount for every received one within timeframe X

Zwiebel

Astellian
Jul 4, 2019
Id say if I was to redesign Astellia, i'd make all achievement, weekly/daily and star tales progress accountbound anyway. Then and only then would account bound Astel stars make sense.

But then the next step would be making professions accountbound too. Which asks the question why have twinks in the first place anyway?

I dont think this game needs extra incentives for alting. It is already very alt-friendly as you get extra tickets to spend for every char, can redo achievements for free stuff, get free legendary gear at 50 and have Astels at strong star counts in less than a month.
Most of my guildmates have 1-2 alts at high level already because being able to spend 20 extra tickets every 15 hours is the fastest (Asper per hour) way to farm money. It also provides the occasional legendary and crafting element drop if you are able to run rutlass on your twink.

And lets be honest: you dont need strong Astels on your twinks anyway as they barely matter for dungeon runs anyway.

If they are going to implement a catchup mechanic for twinks id be fine with it. But I dont really think its very neccesary. Its already very easy to catch up with most systems having diminishing returns anyway.

Artemisa

Astellian
Oct 2, 2019
It is a fact that people who do not like their class and want to roll over to another class do not do so to not lose their astels, those people will end up leaving the game, thats a fact.

Make a new character, you only see bots from level 1 to level 50, veterans who are in level 50 will not enter low level dungeons so as not to waste their tickets. The problem in itself is the mechanics of the astels that more than anything is a matter of time and that creates a huge gap between the new characters and the veterans, that system maybe worked in the Korean since you could buy the card packages but here you can't, it's only time for lvl astels and that is a huge disadvantage for new characters.

Reactions: mystykz

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
It is a fact that people who do not like their class and want to roll over to another class do not do so to not lose their astels, those people will end up leaving the game, thats a fact.

Make a new character, you only see bots from level 1 to level 50, veterans who are in level 50 will not enter low level dungeons so as not to waste their tickets. The problem in itself is the mechanics of the astels that more than anything is a matter of time and that creates a huge gap between the new characters and the veterans, that system maybe worked in the Korean since you could buy the card packages but here you can't, it's only time for lvl astels and that is a huge disadvantage for new characters.
Well if you don´t like your class, you should be able to mention it before you reach level 50 and max´d out your astels?
On the other hand... everyone is able to try out the classes first. Take 5 hours, play every class until lvl 10 and feel free to choose.

There are even enough ways to go into dungeons and i´ve seen a couple of lvl 50 players that helped other players (myself included).
Atleast with my tank alt and probably as a scholar you´ll find a dungeon every time even in low level.

So why do you play your alt or others do? No matter if you dislike your current class or just bored from doing the same each day etc. It´s a brand new character that shouldn´t be able to have everything within a week. You´re already able to give them high end gear, so where is the need to play an alt, when the astels, gathering or anything else is accountwide? It doesn´t make sense...
Just look at FF14. You can do everything on 1 character and tbh. leveling sucks there. But the whole game "hate alts". You can´t even trade with your alt, without a guild bank. You´ll always need a 2nd person. It´s ridiculous.

Alts can be used for gathering and to have the choose between dd/tank/heal in the lategame. The leveling is fine and fast too and you´ll have no issues to get the gear from your main.
Everything else.... 3 subclasses, astels etc.... are just the top of the top. It´s nice to have, but not needed to be successful in this game. It is a long-term work and it´s fine as it is.

And the RNG isn´t so much crap, since you can farm specific astels in specific dungeons and earn them via cardpacks. Only the saviors and guards need a bit luck. But it´ll happen and it happens quite fast overall.

If you really really hate your current class and you just want to play another class, make a suggestion for a "class-change-ticket". This would solve such issues without losing any progress ecpect the gear you´ve got.
Other stuff won´t happen. I won´t even believe that this game needs a catch up mechanic in the future, because leveling is quite fast and everyone gets enough legendaries and astels through the mainquest and some dungeons.

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
So why do you play your alt or others do?
becouse i didn't listened to daddy in the beginning ... he always told me "and learn something usefull, it will help you later" ... but no, i had to play in the sand to get some old, rusty rashan relics out of the sand

but yeah ... that's probably the main issue, for about 99,99999% of the peaple i talk with ingame ...
if they could gather their crafting mat's with their main char [even if they could only switch once every now and than], they wouldn't even look at the alts

the second point is, like you mentioned, the limited and restrictive ticket-system ...
legandary, unfortunatly, only drops within legy instances ;( and tickets are charbound

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
becouse i didn't listened to daddy in the beginning ... he always told me "and learn something usefull, it will help you later" ... but no, i had to play in the sand to get some old, rusty rashan relics out of the sand

but yeah ... that's probably the main issue, for about 99,99999% of the peaple i talk with ingame ...
if they could gather their crafting mat's with their main char [even if they could only switch once every now and than], they wouldn't even look at the alts

the second point is, like you mentioned, the limited and restrictive ticket-system ...
legandary, unfortunatly, only drops within legy instances ;( and tickets are charbound
Don´t get me wrong i can understand your and OP´s wishes.

But i think it´s good that not everything is available on the main or accountwide. It´s good that alts make some sense next to playing just another class and that you won´t have everything day one. Even "gathering only" alts make sense when the players wants that and you get a free vault slot.
I saw a lot of players with an alt in other MMORPG´s and they gave this alt top gear through the main and rushed the whole campaign, just to play the endgame. In the end... they sucked at this class, because they didn´t put any efford in it and they played them maybe 2 weeks in the endgame and went back on the main or left the game etc.
Alts are part of the endgame for me and the moment will come, when the main is full-build or doesn´t have stuff to do left. No matter if it is this week or in a year.
I would like to see the crafting skill limited too in this way. But anyway.

I think it´s fine like it is and as i said... for such "i don´t like my class, but have problems to progress an alt again.", the devs could implement class-change-tickets.

But i´m pretty sure that something will be done about some RNG and the tickets and other stuff, so even this here won´t be a real issue in the future.

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
In the end... they sucked at this class, because they didn´t put any efford in it and they played them maybe 2 weeks in the endgame and went back on the main or left the game etc.
in the end, they maybe didn't even wanted to play an alt,
but felt forced to it becouse of the limitations put onto their main

and exactly the same feeling i get here ...

Zwiebel

Astellian
Jul 4, 2019
in the end, they maybe didn't even wanted to play an alt,
but felt forced to it becouse of the limitations put onto their main

and exactly the same feeling i get here ...
What limitation? Gathering is the only limitation that exists in the game. And its a very weak one as you can even gather level 50 materials on a level 4 alt if you wish to do so.

mystykz

Astellian
Sep 30, 2019
Gathering is limited, Tickets are limited, Currencies are limited, Zender is limited, Astels are limited, Cardpacks are limited and so on. Nothing that progresses your character is farmable as everything is gated that gives progress.

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
What limitation? Gathering is the only limitation that exists in the game. And its a very weak one as you can even gather level 50 materials on a level 4 alt if you wish to do so.
You could even gather a bunch of materials for a week and then you start a new gather job and do the same if needed. Otherwise... the most players have friends / guild members and everyone could use another gather - job to trade. There are just 5... it´s not so hard.

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
Gathering is limited, Tickets are limited, Currencies are limited, Zender is limited, Astels are limited, Cardpacks are limited and so on. Nothing that progresses your character is farmable as everything is gated that gives progress.
Well i know a bunch of MMORPG´s were you can´t do all crafting jobs. You´re limited to 1-2 gathering and 1-2 crafting jobs. You´re limited in currency with a weekly cap, even when more quests exists. You´re limited ind dungeons or raids, since you can´t do the bosses more than once a week. And and and....

Astellia´s limitations aren´t something new and are not as limited as you maybe mention. Only the ticket-system is awkward, since it even blocks normal dungeons. But overall it´s nothing else than the "boss once per week"-limitation, but not that worse.

Zender should be limited since it´s a special currency. Otherwise they could delete the Zender and bring so skins and stuff as loot into the game. I would be fine with it, but i bet, a lot of players would cry about RNG then.

Cardpacks are special and based on a currency. You could even buy dungeon tickets for this currency and you´ll get atleast 2 astels + other stuff in a 4-tickets dungeon run. This is probably even better than trust into the starcard RNG, since you´ll have a chance on legendaries in a dungeon and it costs 20 star callers coins less.

And you progress everywhere with XP and Asper, since this is the biggest stuff you need in this game.

So... it´s not so bad unless you care only about some astel-stars.

ChromasIV

Astellian
May 24, 2019
One thing i see as a repeat here is that everything in Astellia is being limited; for nothing more than a time gate.

While I love Astellia, the game itself lacks in some of the MMO functions such as giving items to someone that i got as a drop in a dungeon. If i get an item for a mage i should be able to trade it without needing a wax. If i want to craft armor or weapon gear, I should be able to farm materials for crafting without actually gathering (drops from mobs).

I don't like the fact that my alts can't use anything i have on my main. I really hate that i can't help new players in the game because all the gear i get is bound.

Make things account wide, allow users to share things between all of their characters and stop making us repeat things 1000 for alts. If i complete it once, I shouldn't need to do it again. It's mind numbing boring.

Reactions: Artemisa

Sharahs

Astellian
Oct 10, 2019
Account wide astels would incentivize and basically make it mandatory to have alts if you cared about your game progression at all. People would be doing the dailies/weeklie HG quests on every character they had to try to max out their astels with star caller coins. Given the fact that people were able to already bring astels to 8* in under a month... I really don't understand why this would be a thing and if it was would lead to people burning out and causing a huge gap between the casual and the hardcore beyond what already exists.

Would I like it? sure... Is it going to happen? Never, and I understand why and accept it.
I think you have a point.
To counter that problem you could make all currencies accountbound. For the Astelproblem that was taken care of, it was not the Dungeonruns which gave people the high star astells, it was the pure RNG luck of some people with the star callers coin astell boxes and other astell card packs. Sure running a single dungeon all the time could give you a 6* after some time. The 7*+ is still a hard achievement without getting high star astells in the packages.

Flet

Astellian
Oct 11, 2019
In the end you must imagine what a 'complete' character would look like. One which has maxed all the systems. You are likely to have maxed all your astels out before you have full legendary star jewels for the ones you normally use. You are likley to have good stat rolls on your items before you have all legendary runes. Because of these things to me it seems like these individual fixations on one system or another are kind of short sighted, and people are complaining about things which will just naturally sort themselves out as they work towards this high degree of completion. Im not even focusing on trying to increase the combat astells i mostly use right now, im focusing on raising the ones with the deck effects i want in the long term because i know those are going to be more impactful than one additional star. Once the caps raise and you can get them all up to near 10 there are various combinations you can do that are impressive.

One thing you could do is make star caller coins drop from the hunting areas. This would give people incentive to farm there and hopefully encourage grouping. The game lacks any real persistant grouping pve content and that really helps build mmo communities as people form an attachment to locations in the game and hang out there. Im not sure the respawn rates of present could really support that though.

Zwiebel

Astellian
Jul 4, 2019
I think you have a point.
To counter that problem you could make all currencies accountbound. For the Astelproblem that was taken care of, it was not the Dungeonruns which gave people the high star astells, it was the pure RNG luck of some people with the star callers coin astell boxes and other astell card packs. Sure running a single dungeon all the time could give you a 6* after some time. The 7*+ is still a hard achievement without getting high star astells in the packages.
People underestimate the impact of Astel farming through dungeons.
Every two tickets gives you a guaranteed 10 points in a random Astel out of a minor selection if you dont spend tickets on ticketbuffs.

This equates to around 10 points every 90 minutes. If you consecutively spend your tickets without wasting regen you can make up to 160 Astel points per day in dungeons (or 100 if you only spend your tickets once a day).

A single round of dailies only gives you 90 coins, or one and a half Astel boxes. That is on average worth 20-30 astelpoints unless you got really lucky and get the 160 point jackpot on a regular basis.

Even the weeklies are not that big of a number push when compared to the points you gain from tickets directly.

This is also why I believe that using the ticket buff is the biggest mistake you can do in Astellia unless you really need a certain treasure drop fast.

Think about it: every single day you spend all your tickets without ticketbuff is a three star Astel.
Even the 350 coins from colloseum weekly only net you around 6*30=180 points on average (lets take optimistic 30 points average for a box). Its worth only one day of tickets.

Last edited:

Sharahs

Astellian
Oct 10, 2019
People underestimate the impact of Astel farming through dungeons.
Every two tickets gives you a guaranteed 10 points in a random Astel out of a minor selection if you dont spend tickets on ticketbuffs.

This equates to around 10 points every 90 minutes. If you consecutively spend your tickets without wasting regen you can make up to 160 Astel points per day in dungeons (or 100 if you only spend your tickets once a day).

A single round of dailies only gives you 90 coins, or one and a half Astel boxes. That is on average worth 20-30 astelpoints unless you got really lucky and get the 160 point jackpot on a regular basis.

Even the weeklies are not that big of a number push when compared to the points you gain from tickets directly.
Yeah 160 Astel points divided in like five or six astels per day, when you really farm the crap out of it. Unfortunatly I don't have time for that and I think those people who are giving so much effort and time in it should be rewarded equally.

Like stated above the Star Caller's Coin Astelpacks are "nerfed", so they are no problem any longer. You can't get those crazy instant 4*-5* Astel pulls anymore.

There are two other ways to make it work.
An easy way: just change the SP the Astel needs to Star up after like 5* or 6*.
or a hard way: Statnerfs for Astels in higher starranks (I wouldnt like or prefer that).

Accountwide Astels should really be an option in my opinion, I don't really see a (not easy to fix) problem with it. Its like the Zender, but thats a whole new discussion I don't want to start here.

This is also why I believe that using the ticket buff is the biggest mistake you can do in Astellia unless you really need a certain treasure drop fast.
I have the exactly same opinion here. You are totally right. When you have the time, just go for two runs instead of one 200% loot + 2 Astels > 170% loot + 1 Astel. I found it great to have the opportunity to take the ticketbuff when realising I havent enough time to run the double amount of dungeons.

Zwiebel

Astellian
Jul 4, 2019
Yeah 160 Astel points divided in like five or six astels per day, when you really farm the crap out of it. Unfortunatly I don't have time for that and I think those people who are giving so much effort and time in it should be rewarded equally.

Like stated above the Star Caller's Coin Astelpacks are "nerfed", so they are no problem any longer. You can't get those crazy instant 4*-5* Astel pulls anymore.

There are two other ways to make it work.
An easy way: just change the SP the Astel needs to Star up after like 5* or 6*.
or a hard way: Statnerfs for Astels in higher starranks (I wouldnt like or prefer that).

Accountwide Astels should really be an option in my opinion, I don't really see a (not easy to fix) problem with it. Its like the Zender, but thats a whole new discussion I don't want to start here.

I have the exactly same opinion here. You are totally right. When you have the time, just go for two runs instead of one 200% loot + 2 Astels > 170% loot + 1 Astel. I found it great to have the opportunity to take the ticketbuff when realising I havent enough time to run the double amount of dungeons.
Imho instead of using ticketbuff if you are short on time I think its more lucrative to not use it and run a 45-50 solo dungeon quickly afterwards. Some of them can be completed in less than 10 minutes (like black market or hashmal).
The gaps between asper and xp awards between solo and legendary dungeons arent even that big.

Sharahs

Astellian
Oct 10, 2019
Imho instead of using ticketbuff if you are short on time I think its more lucrative to not use it and run a 45-50 solo dungeon quickly afterwards. Some of them can be completed in less than 10 minutes (like black market or hashmal).
The gaps between asper and xp awards between solo and legendary dungeons arent even that big.
You are totally right with the time and effeciency. I myself have a lot of days where I only have an hour or so. Either I go Crimson Rock for astelfarm or I put up a guildparty for two legendary runs. The first way will consume my tickets and I can do some minor things like AH and stuff. Second way will consume my time with no chance in going for more runs with the last tickets.

With enough time I would never use the ticketbuff, I have the exact same opinion as you sir.

Zwiebel

Astellian
Jul 4, 2019
If you are very short on time its also worth considering skipping dailies in favor of more dungeon runs.

Dailies arent time efficient in terms of Astel or Asper per hour (they are good xp/hour though). Before you waste your tickets, its better to skip dailies.

Sharahs

Astellian
Oct 10, 2019
Yeah, honestly I never did dailies in huntingground, sometimes as a part of weekly, but never to do them focused. When I got time it's guildmembers first. Can be time consuming, but I really like it. A day like today, where I'm not at home and my tickets are waiting at 24/24, the only game related I do is doing forums. Really gives a lot too having other players to chat with. Thanks for that @Zwiebel