Avalon Balancing

Ferara

Astellian
May 6, 2020
Avalon is supposed to be the "end game" for Astellia. However due to the player base, While Aida server is said to be "NA" the amount of player in our timezone is very very low. So unless we play until 5am, it's impossible to compete with player in Asia. They have way more bodies/numbers.

The past 3 weeks I forced midboss to spawn during NA timezone and a few Asia player showed up. However we cannot communicate. There is no auto translation feature. This makes everyone frustrated.

The Avalon treasure real bad Rng set aside, it's unfair to all players. However if this game is going to be base around getting Avalon treasure for best treasures, then there needs to be some sort of balance.

You might as well move the server to Asia. It's already not going to be possible for NA/SA player to compete unless we are zombies.

If dev can implement a ticket system for dungeons, then why not also Avalon?

If the wartime/peacetime was 24 hours it would be easier to balance.. 2 hours just does not work.

Ferara

Astellian
May 6, 2020
This week is perfect example of pretty bad balancing system. Of all the players who are active in Avalon EoS has way more than any other faction. Ceres 2nd then Physe.

I remember hearing that the Avalon distribution is based on amount of members in the guilds but this does not account for all the players who quit and didn't get kick from guild so if it's bad RNG 4-5 really small but active guild gets group together and Avalon is basically a one side fight.

I think they need to look at this system and tweak it somehow.

One suggestion would be to look at all the player with kill score at least elite rank. And then guild size.

They will notice that most of the time many guild who does pve only gets put together.

For example

guild 1 has 7 member elite or higher

Guild 2 has 4

Guild 3 has 17

Guild 4 has 2

Guild 5 has 0

Guild 6 has 0

There has to be some way to program the system to decide based on the pvp statistic.

What happen now is guild 4,5,6 gets group together because they are large and inactive then no balance in avalon

Last edited:

Terala

Astellian
May 22, 2020
well for a start : pve also brings points towards the faction ...
so what needs to be done would be, to look at pve - scores of players and pvp scores of players independently,

than to look at the avarage scores of the players within a certain timeframe and make the maching of new joining players not according to numbers but according to average (pve and pvp looked at seperated from each other) ranking of these joining players

in my opinion that would be a way more fair possibility to distribute the factions towards each other

Ferara

Astellian
May 6, 2020
so what needs to be done would be, to look at pve - scores of players and pvp scores of players independently,

than to look at the avarage scores of the players within a certain timeframe and make the maching of new joining players not according to numbers but according to average (pve and pvp looked at seperated from each other) ranking of these joining players

in my opinion that would be a way more fair possibility to distribute the factions towards each other

That works as well. Inactive players shouldn't penalize active players opportunity to be successful in any given week of Avalon.

Ferara

Astellian
May 6, 2020

Another way to do is is tally up a guilds total points earned in a week and set the following week based on the totals

Guild 1
1,000,000 points
Guild 2
Etc etc

Then just make sure the top (multiple of 3; 3,6,9,12 etc) are not in the same faction.

Example rank

Eos
1 6 7
Ceres
2 5 8
Physe
3 4 9

Etc.

Edit: and also rotate the faction order.

Week one eos, ceres, Physe
Week two Ceres, Physe, eos
Week three physe, eos, Ceres
Etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skyver