Avalon Early Opening Issue [Updated: 10/18]

Wes

Astellian
Staff Member
Jun 28, 2019
Greetings Astellians,

This morning it was noted that Avalon had opened early when not intended. We are aware of this issue and have closed Avalon. Please understand that Avalon is not in a complete in its current state, some quests & NPCs are missing. Players were not intended to enter Avalon today so we blocked access and will be investigating this.

Some players were able to enter early and we are able to see this easily in the logs. We are working with the Dev Team to determine what went wrong and will keep you updated on the process. We also know that there is a concern that the players who did enter Avalon will have an advantage due to this, as explained we can see who entered Avalon and we will make sure that no advantage is carried forward.

Any guild who had a member enter Avalon today will have been given an Avalon Faction for the week, this means that other players who did not enter, (as they have no Avalon faction), can not join the guild that has an Avalon Faction already. We will look into this as well and keep you updated, but note that a guilds Avalon Faction will naturally fall off next week.

It is expected some players will try to keep an advantage from this either by not reporting it, or trying to hide items and rewards they have earned, please note this will not work and is not recommended. Entering Avalon when it opened early is not an exploit, but intentionally trying to subvert efforts to keep the game fair & balanced will not be tolerated and will result in actions taken against your account.

Thank you for your continued support,
  • Producer Wes
--------------------------------------------------
[Update: Oct. 15th 10:20 AM PDT | 19:20 CEST]
We have collected the list of users that have been effected by this and for the time being we will block their ability to trade items. This is done as a preventive step and will only be applied to the players who participated in the unintended early Avalon opening. We understand that this could cause frustration, but maintaining the integrity of the game is our first priority in this matter, we will update you again once we are prepared to proceed, we will take time to review the logs and full information before moving forward further.

[Update: Oct. 15th 10:57 AM PDT | 19:57 CEST]
To provide clarification those that have been Trade Blocked will see a message saying they are blocked until Oct. 22nd, this is a placeholder we set the time to one week as we are working, once we complete our review and are ready to move forward we will remove the block, it does not have to stay in place for a whole week.

[Update: Oct. 17th 8:00 PM PDT | 05:00 CEST]

Greeting Astellians,

Today our team has concluded their investigation of this issue and we are prepared to move forward. As you know we quarantined the accounts that accessed Avalon early, we did this in order to limit the impact and to give us time to evaluate the situation. As we have said before, this was not an exploit, players were able to access Avalon naturally with no special steps, it simply was not intended to be open yet. Tonight we will be lifting the quarantine from the 134 affected players, we will also be removing the Christmas Event Snowflakes from their accounts.

Throughout our investigation we calculated the gains of the players who participated and have confirmed that the primary gains included Asper, Golden Victory Tokens, and Stelite. After due consideration we realized we have two options; we can either take away from players who honestly and without ill intent accessed Avalon, or we could instead give those gains to all. Based on this we have decided it is better to level the playing field in an additive manner instead of a negative manner, this means we will be granting all players who did not participate in Avalon with the following:
  • Golden Victory Tokens x 500
  • Stelite x 80
  • Asper x 90,000
Beyond this we will be giving all players (2x) 4hr Star Caller’s Blessing. The Star Caller’s Blessing is a consumable buff that gives +10% EXP, +10% Max AP & +10% Item Drop. We will also be resetting Avalon and clearing the player rankings, this will prevent any weekly Avalon rewards from being distributed. We plan to distribute these items and buffs next week during maintenance.

Bugs and Issues like this are never intended, even though they are evident in all games, when they occur it is important that we act swiftly to address the issue and find the most balanced way to resolve it. We thank all of your for your patience, insight, and most importantly your support as we work through this process.

Thank you,

- The Astellia Team

[Update: Oct. 18th 5:00 PM PDT | 02:00 CEST]

Greetings Astellians,

The philosophy behind our decision making at Barunson E&A, involves breaking tasks down into controllable stages. Allowing us to verify each step as we work to resolve the often dynamic and complex nature of issues that arise in the operation of an MMORPG. With the conclusion of today’s maintenance, we successfully completed the first phase of our resolution for the Avalon Issue. This phase primarily involved the automated bulk delivery of the items mentioned in the previous update of this post to all players who did not enter Avalon.

With this out of the way, we will now begin the final phase of our operation. Bringing users who entered Avalon, but earned less than the amount awarded, in line with the rest. This process does not require a maintenance, but instead will require manual adjustment of the affected accounts. We opted to execute this phase after confirming there would be no difficulties in the automated delivery of the items in bulk and will execute the manual process during the scheduled maintenance on Monday. We appreciate the patience and support that has continued to be shown as we complete this process. We will update you once we have more to share.

Thank you,

- The Astellia Team

Last edited by a moderator:

Joanel

Astellian
Jul 10, 2019
I think the best way it is just a rollback on their chars to before entering avalon not more.

Reactions: Caeldori

Caeldori

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
Greetings Astellians,

This morning it was noted that Avalon had opened early when not intended. We are aware of this issue and have closed Avalon. Please understand that Avalon is not in a complete in its current state, some quests & NPCs are missing. Players were not intended to enter Avalon today so we blocked access and will be investigating this.

Some players were able to enter early and we are able to see this easily in the logs. We are working with the Dev Team to determine what went wrong and will keep you updated on the process. We also know that there is a concern that the players who did enter Avalon will have an advantage due to this, as explained we can see who entered Avalon and we will make sure that no advantage is carried forward.

Any guild who had a member enter Avalon today will have been given an Avalon Faction for the week, this means that other players who did not enter, (as they have no Avalon faction), can not join the guild that has an Avalon Faction already. We will look into this as well and keep you updated, but note that a guilds Avalon Faction will naturally fall off next week.

It is expected some players will try to keep an advantage from this either by not reporting it, or trying to hide items and rewards they have earned, please note this will not work and is not recommended. Entering Avalon when it opened early is not an exploit, but intentionally trying to subvert efforts to keep the game fair & balanced will not be tolerated and will result in actions taken against your account.

Thank you for your continued support,
  • Producer Wes
--------------------------------------------------
[Update: Oct. 15th 10:20 AM PDT] We have collected the list of users that have been effected by this and for the time being we will block their ability to trade items. This is done as a preventive step and will only be applied to the players who participated in the unintended early Avalon opening. We understand that this could cause frustration, but maintaining the integrity of the game is our first priority in this matter, we will update you again once we are prepared to proceed, we will take time to review the logs and full information before moving forward further.
quick response

PuRG

Astellian
Jul 4, 2019
I agree with Joanel on this one. I was in Avalon this morning wondering why this was able to be accessed, and knew something was off. I fully support our Dev team in correcting this issue. Sorry for the Inconvenience. I look forward to seeing this game become an enjoyable experience.

Reactions: Caeldori

Kurama

Astellian
Sep 10, 2019
We all pay for the game. You as devs/gms do update. Why we get judge and become this ban? Its never okay for game that not f2p is. Is b2p. And what is now? people for your mistake must get judge and feel pain for that?

Its only mistake from devs/gms team that rollout this update and never a mistake from players that play your game. And not a f2p game, their all pay for this game. Some people has only 30 days for 9,99$ . What is wrong with dev team ? i

Joanel

Astellian
Jul 10, 2019
We all pay for the game. You as devs/gms do update. Why we get judge and become this ban? Its never okay for game that not f2p is. Is b2p. And what is now? people for your mistake must get judge and feel pain for that?

Its only mistake from devs/gms team that rollout this update and never a mistake from players that play your game. And not a f2p game, their all pay for this game. Some people has only 30 days for 9,99$ . What is wrong with dev team ? i
you can buy a car that goes very fast but there are speed limits. so if you exceed the speed you ask the builders to pay your fine for selling you a car that goes too fast?

It's not because you have the opportunity to do something right now that you have the right to do it.

Oklmq

Astellian
Jun 19, 2019
i was playing avalon with some friends, now got this as well, trade restriction. I bought the 100 bucks pack and even bought 100 dollars of gems...i wanted support game even more by buying more gems in future ...i'm changing my mind atm...really disappointed.

Reactions: Skyver and Kurama

Joanel

Astellian
Jul 10, 2019
Why punish the players for something they didn't cause?
I finally managed to get another legendary today. I'd lose that legendary if they rollback.
i repeat
you can buy a car that goes very fast but there are speed limits. so if you exceed the speed you ask the builders to pay your fine for selling you a car that goes too fast?

It's not because you have the opportunity to do something right now that you have the right to do it.

Reactions: Sytena and Younai

Kurama

Astellian
Sep 10, 2019
i repeat

you will say we must judge for mistake some from dev team? are you okay?

Reactions: Skyver

Joanel

Astellian
Jul 10, 2019
you will say we must judge for mistake some from dev team? are you okay?
it's an error of the devs yes. But was there an announcement for Avalon? No. So you took the risk to go anyway knowingly. And in order to keep the equity between everyone the only right solution is simply a rollback guard it's not just the sprinkles and the items that come into play .

• Love
Reactions: srnight and Sytena

Kurama

Astellian
Sep 10, 2019
its is a mistake that a kid do something wrong? I must now have FEAR if devs dont post it, but i hase used it?(i dont read devs post ) Well yeah here is devs my parents and me kid, his kid in the game, that can judge for mistake, but ill never become a lesson about what is allowed and what is a reason for ban!

mystykz

Astellian
Sep 30, 2019
I went in there, checked the location out,checked but didn't accept the daily quests/weekly quests; killed 2 enemies there to see the exp they give and then left and now got the tradeban thing as well. But oh well no big deal what's a week anyway :p

Reactions: srnight

Joanel

Astellian
Jul 10, 2019
its is a mistake that a kid do something wrong? I must now have FEAR if devs dont post it, but i hase used it?(i dont read devs post ) Well yeah here is devs my parents and me kid, his kid in the game, that can judge for mistake, but ill never become a lesson about what is allowed and what is a reason for ban!
I never talk about ban but only about rollback before entering Avalon which I think is the best solution for everyone.

Kurama

Astellian
Sep 10, 2019
I never talk about ban but only about rollback before entering Avalon which I think is the best solution for everyone.
yes they can rollback, but a ban for feature in game . its rlly hard to accept. because we are not that created this bug.

Amsel

Astellian
Oct 8, 2019
i repeat

because the rules of the road are known beforehand, these people didn't know not to enter there wasn't a test, there wasn't paperwork to sign. your analogy doesn't make sense.

In the end the gms disserviced the players who were online, and then punished them. The Gms are in a rock and a hard spot because it's not fair to those who didn't get in, and not fair to those who did. No one is in the wrong but the GMs here. But we as players are ALL punished.

Reactions: Brakiros

Joanel

Astellian
Jul 10, 2019
because the rules of the road are known beforehand, these people didn't know not to enter there wasn't a test, there wasn't paperwork to sign. your analogy doesn't make sense.

In the end the gms disserviced the players who were online, and then punished them. The Gms are in a rock and a hard spot because it's not fair to those who didn't get in, and not fair to those who did. No one is in the wrong but the GMs here. But we as players are ALL punished.
it's an error of the devs yes. But was there an announcement for Avalon? No. So you took the risk to go anyway knowingly. And in order to keep the equity between everyone the only right solution is simply a rollback guard it's not just the sprinkles and the items that come into play .

• Love
Reactions: srnight

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
Saying that the trade block is no punishment is ridiculous..I would have preferred a 1 day bann instead of this :(

Queskel

Astellian
Jul 27, 2019
Do you punish people for YOUR mistake ??? Is this a joke? This is ridiculous!!! In the forum I saw that someone wrote that Avalon is open, so I went in to see and I am punished for that? Because I was there 5 minutes ??? You made the mistake, we did nothing to give us any benefits. We saw and left. It makes absolutely no sense.
How do I know which element of the game is correct and which is your mistake ??? I have to ask you every time I enter the location, isn't it your mistake ????

Last edited: