Avalon Early Opening Issue [Updated: 10/18]

ronoch

Astellian
Jun 20, 2019
well it wouldnt be fair the other way either so what would your resolution be?
I gave the solution if u can open your eyes and read for a bit - They simpley must get rid of all rewards earned or give all the players equal rewards. I'ts quite simple. This way everyone is happy. I mean at least if they do go about it the way they plan on - don't assume that everyone had the opportunity to farm for 2+ hours or whatever.

I don't understand why they just can't A.- Get rid of all things earned during this time while inside of Avalon for the players envoled and B.- completely reset Avalon scoreboards etc so no rewards are, nor can be obtained at its conclusion. Not "Let's reward the players that were not involved with 5x as much rewards than most of the people who ever entered"

Looking at the boards you can quite clearly see who were there for long periods of time and who were not. Ofc, this isn't the only determining factor - but it helps.

Reactions: Brakiros

ronoch

Astellian
Jun 20, 2019
no that would actually be you.... i never complained either way about getting a reward or not getting one....wont make any diff to me either way as i said before your you would be a hypocrit since if they didnt do anything you would complain and now since they are doing something you would complain for that which are you now anyways.

just get over it and grow up dude...move on its so trival and ur blowing it up
Makes absolutely zero (cents) sense. LOL

PhD

Astellian
Sep 13, 2019
Lost over 1000 Zender, got punished again for logging in and doing Avalon, a feature we believed was intended; Most Golden Victory Tokens people got was 240, the people that didn't join now get more than double that.

Reactions: ronoch and Brakiros

Playtil

Astellian
Sep 26, 2019
Post before, "the solution isn't fair" :LOL:

I wanted to spend my zender last night, then change and wait for the ring of exploration...
I shouldnt have change my plan..:eek:
:whistle:

DeeJayTC

Astellian
Oct 15, 2019
So just to summarize that for my understanding...
I was in Avalon, made 15k Asper, roughly 200 tokens and maybe 10 stellite.
Received a trade ban, couldn't play properly the last days.

Other people who didn't go into avalon
get 500 token, 90k asper
didn't get a trade ban

And all that is called a "fair" way to solve that?
Ehm well... slowly loosing hope in that team completely.

If you really think this is the way to go everyone should be hard set to 500 token, 90k asper. No matter what they made in Avalon or if they entered Avalon. All players have 500 token in their inventory. That'd be fair for everyone. Everyone has the same, noone has more than others, noone has less, noone was really "punished".

The way you're doing it now is just another bad decision on top.

Reactions: ronoch and Brakiros

Brakiros

Astellian
Oct 1, 2019

get 500 token, 90k asper
didn't get a trade ban

If you really think this is the way to go everyone should be hard set to 500 token, 90k asper. No matter what they made in Avalon or if they entered Avalon. All players have 500 token and 90k asper in their inventory. That'd be fair for everyone. Everyone has the same, noone has more than others, noone has less, noone was really "punished".

So two screw ups and two very bad decisions, brings much hope for the future doesn't it? I wonder how many people they've scared off to another game because of it? Game has so few people to begin with.

Reactions: DeeJayTC

DeeJayTC

Astellian
Oct 15, 2019
So two screw ups and two very bad decisions, brings much hope for the future doesn't it? I wonder how many people they've scared off to another game because of it? Game has so few people to begin with.
Yep, if we where 1 year into the game etc... yea bad decisions happen...but right at the beginning that early doesn't make a good picture and all and more and more people are loosing hope in the staffs ability to solve problems like that

Brakiros

Astellian
Oct 1, 2019
Yep, if we where 1 year into the game etc... yea bad decisions happen...but right at the beginning that early doesn't make a good picture and all and more and more people are loosing hope in the staffs ability to solve problems like that
Oh yeah if we were a solid year into the game it's like well they ****** up they haven't done bad until now. But they just launched the game not even a month ago and they've already had stuff up after stuff up. Doesn't bode well now does it?

krolikzenon

Astellian
Jul 27, 2019

get 500 token, 90k asper
didn't get a trade ban

If you really think this is the way to go everyone should be hard set to 500 token, 90k asper. No matter what they made in Avalon or if they entered Avalon. All players have 500 token in their inventory. That'd be fair for everyone. Everyone has the same, noone has more than others, noone has less, noone was really "punished".

I have never encountered such an absurd, unfair and moronic approach of developers. They will lose the best players, because it is well known that the best of the greatest guilds went to Avalon ... I did not expect such stupidity of developers...

DeeJayTC

Astellian
Oct 15, 2019
Exactly that Brakiros, i mean i'm a developer myself, **** ups like that happen they're all human no problem thats life.
However especially that early into the game you want to make sure to keep your players happy, do compromises even if you don't like em..just make sure players stay involved and happy.

Making these decisions is tough, i know that, haters gonna hate you can't please everyone but you should try to please the majority of players. Which isn't what they're doing here in my eyes at least.

Pretty sure 50% or more of all players now receive those 500 coins and have absolutely no clue why they get it. Theres like 100 people involved in these conversations here in the forum. They said around 120 people had been in Avalon. ...well if 120 players earning a few coins and stellite in avalon (thats what they said..) is such a big deal to the game i wonder how many people in total are actually playing oO

Queskel

Astellian
Jul 27, 2019
If the developers do such things from the beginning of game, it seems to me that there is no point in continuing this game ... I have been playing MMO games around 20 years, and I've never seen such unfair developers, and such strange behavior in the presence of their own players. Very sad.

Reactions: Ovitch and Brakiros

Brakiros

Astellian
Oct 1, 2019
Exactly that Brakiros, i mean i'm a developer myself, **** ups like that happen they're all human no problem thats life.
However especially that early into the game you want to make sure to keep your players happy, do compromises even if you don't like em..just make sure players stay involved and happy.

Making these decisions is tough, i know that, haters gonna hate you can't please everyone but you should try to please the majority of players. Which isn't what they're doing here in my eyes at least.

Pretty sure 50% or more of all players now receive those 500 coins and have absolutely no clue why they get it. Theres like 100 people involved in these conversations here in the forum. They said around 120 people had been in Avalon. ...well if 120 players earning a few coins and stellite in avalon (thats what they said..) is such a big deal to the game i wonder how many people in total are actually playing oO
Not many NA is barely medium while EU has a capped server and an overflow server. So I doubt there are all that many people playing.

Caeldori

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
LOL ofc its possible.. as a dev i can tell you can rollback specific players if u wanted to.. just lazy ass dev...
So rollback players 2 days worth of grinding for being in avalon for a brief period of time? You see no problem with those people losing all that progress? You must be one of those "smart" devs.

Reactions: Queskel

ChromasIV

Astellian
May 24, 2019
Greetings Astellians,

This morning it was noted that Avalon had opened early when not intended. We are aware of this issue and have closed Avalon. Please understand that Avalon is not in a complete in its current state, some quests & NPCs are missing. Players were not intended to enter Avalon today so we blocked access and will be investigating this.

Some players were able to enter early and we are able to see this easily in the logs. We are working with the Dev Team to determine what went wrong and will keep you updated on the process. We also know that there is a concern that the players who did enter Avalon will have an advantage due to this, as explained we can see who entered Avalon and we will make sure that no advantage is carried forward.

Any guild who had a member enter Avalon today will have been given an Avalon Faction for the week, this means that other players who did not enter, (as they have no Avalon faction), can not join the guild that has an Avalon Faction already. We will look into this as well and keep you updated, but note that a guilds Avalon Faction will naturally fall off next week.

It is expected some players will try to keep an advantage from this either by not reporting it, or trying to hide items and rewards they have earned, please note this will not work and is not recommended. Entering Avalon when it opened early is not an exploit, but intentionally trying to subvert efforts to keep the game fair & balanced will not be tolerated and will result in actions taken against your account.

Thank you for your continued support,
  • Producer Wes
--------------------------------------------------
[Update: Oct. 15th 10:20 AM PDT | 19:20 CEST]
We have collected the list of users that have been effected by this and for the time being we will block their ability to trade items. This is done as a preventive step and will only be applied to the players who participated in the unintended early Avalon opening. We understand that this could cause frustration, but maintaining the integrity of the game is our first priority in this matter, we will update you again once we are prepared to proceed, we will take time to review the logs and full information before moving forward further.

[Update: Oct. 15th 10:57 AM PDT | 19:57 CEST]
To provide clarification those that have been Trade Blocked will see a message saying they are blocked until Oct. 22nd, this is a placeholder we set the time to one week as we are working, once we complete our review and are ready to move forward we will remove the block, it does not have to stay in place for a whole week.

[Update: Oct. 17th 8:00 PM PDT | 05:00 CEST]

Greeting Astellians,

Today our team has concluded their investigation of this issue and we are prepared to move forward. As you know we quarantined the accounts that accessed Avalon early, we did this in order to limit the impact and to give us time to evaluate the situation. As we have said before, this was not an exploit, players were able to access Avalon naturally with no special steps, it simply was not intended to be open yet. Tonight we will be lifting the quarantine from the 134 affected players, we will also be removing the Christmas Event Snowflakes from their accounts.

Throughout our investigation we calculated the gains of the players who participated and have confirmed that the primary gains included Asper, Golden Victory Tokens, and Stelite. After due consideration we realized we have two options; we can either take away from players who honestly and without ill intent accessed Avalon, or we could instead give those gains to all. Based on this we have decided it is better to level the playing field in an additive manner instead of a negative manner, this means we will be granting all players who did not participate in Avalon with the following:
  • Golden Victory Tokens x 500
  • Stelite x 80
  • Asper x 90,000
Beyond this we will be giving all players (2x) 4hr Star Caller’s Blessing. The Star Caller’s Blessing is a consumable buff that gives +10% EXP, +10% Max AP & +10% Item Drop. We will also be resetting Avalon and clearing the player rankings, this will prevent any weekly Avalon rewards from being distributed. We plan to distribute these items and buffs next week during maintenance.

Bugs and Issues like this are never intended, even though they are evident in all games, when they occur it is important that we act swiftly to address the issue and find the most balanced way to resolve it. We thank all of your for your patience, insight, and most importantly your support as we work through this process.

Thank you,

- The Astellia Team

Amazing, I like how you handle this and really look forward to the future of Astellia.