Avalon Early Opening Issue [Updated: 10/18]

ChromasIV

Astellian
May 24, 2019
I understand that this is sarcasm? xD

Could of been worse, its a mix.

I do not agree that only people that didn't enter Avalon should receive the items, but I do approve that they reward everyone instead of a rollback.

I would suggest that they give everyone the same amount and remove everything that was gain in Avalon for those who entered before it was allowed.

Queskel

Astellian
Jul 27, 2019
I understand that all Zenders stolen is also normal behavior for developers? That their blocking game content for their mistakes is also normal? That rewarding those who play normally and punishing those who have been banned for your mistakes is fun for developers? What you do is such nonsense that I have never seen in any game. Sad...

Xovian

Astellian
May 27, 2019
I understand that all Zenders stolen is also normal behavior for developers? That their blocking game content for their mistakes is also normal? That rewarding those who play normally and punishing those who have been banned for your mistakes is fun for developers? What you do is such nonsense that I have never seen in any game. Sad...
The only nonsense here is what you just wrote, so much bad information i dont even know where to start.

Xovian

Astellian
May 27, 2019
Zender is a DB issue that they are currently correcting:

They havent blocked anything due to zender issue.
No one was banned. Accounts that had entered Avalon were trade restricted only for a time (and i believe now unlocked, them fixing that is what caused the db error for zender, and why we are having maintenance to fix that).

As to rewarding, they are sending the "difference" to people who did not enter, so that everyone is the same. People who entered Avalon will not be loosing what they gained.

I'd say there approach to try and keep things "fair" is more than most game companies would do.
There's no negative to this, only a positive, which may be a surprising to some, cause most game companies only give negative actions for things like this. Well this team didn't. I'm not seeing a problem with it, and most people wont. Those that entered Avalon early, had some inconvenience admittedly, but we ALL know that could have been much worse.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Terra and srnight

Larafey

Astellian
Jun 26, 2019
There where postings in All chat that this rewarding for all other players are unfair to them that was affected here.

They forgot that they can easy farm the difference in the meantime or more until all others can catch up to them.

Queskel

Astellian
Jul 27, 2019
Zender is a DB issue that they are currently correcting:

They havent blocked anything due to zender issue.
No one was banned. Accounts that had entered Avalon were trade restricted only for a time (and i believe now unlocked, them fixing that is what caused the db error for zender, and why we are having maintenance to fix that).

As to rewarding, they are sending the "difference" to people who did not enter, so that everyone is the same. People who entered Avalon will not be loosing what they gained.
1. I wrote a ban on content, not a ban on account. Trade, AH is the content of the game and for that we had a ban, because we could not use it.
2. Equalization of differences - Is Golden Victory Tokens x 500, Stelite x 80, Asper x 90,000 equal to 10 tokens??? Like most people, I only took quests and that's what I got from Avalon - 10 tokens. I am not angry that they give something to people, I am angry that they completely left those who had big problems in the game for a few days. And it's their fault, not ours.
3. I didn't know about Zenders and thank you for the information.

Reactions: Brakiros

Ryan

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
Greeting Astellians,

Today our team has concluded their investigation of this issue and we are prepared to move forward. As you know we quarantined the accounts that accessed Avalon early, we did this in order to limit the impact and to give us time to evaluate the situation. As we have said before, this was not an exploit, players were able to access Avalon naturally with no special steps, it simply was not intended to be open yet. Tonight we will be lifting the quarantine from the 134 affected players, we will also be removing the Christmas Event Snowflakes from their accounts.

Throughout our investigation we calculated the gains of the players who participated and have confirmed that the primary gains included Asper, Golden Victory Tokens, and Stelite. After due consideration we realized we have two options; we can either take away from players who honestly and without ill intent accessed Avalon, or we could instead give those gains to all. Based on this we have decided it is better to level the playing field in an additive manner instead of a negative manner, this means we will be granting all players who did not participate in Avalon with the following:
  • Golden Victory Tokens x 500
  • Stelite x 80
  • Asper x 90,000
Beyond this we will be giving all players (2x) 4hr Star Caller’s Blessing. The Star Caller’s Blessing is a consumable buff that gives +10% EXP, +10% Max AP & +10% Item Drop. We will also be resetting Avalon and clearing the player rankings, this will prevent any weekly Avalon rewards from being distributed. We plan to distribute these items and buffs next week during maintenance.

Bugs and Issues like this are never intended, even though they are evident in all games, when they occur it is important that we act swiftly to address the issue and find the most balanced way to resolve it. We thank all of your for your patience, insight, and most importantly your support as we work through this process.

Thank you,

- The Astellia Team
Above and beyond again! Thanks : )

srnight

Astellian
Jul 31, 2019
instead of crying they should be happy to have a quick action group in case of some error, I have been playing online for many years and most of the companies even the best, wait until maintenance to solve these errors, sometimes even , after the maintenance mistakes continue, 1 despite the fact that many players entered with the intention of taking advantage, there were others who did not! but in the same way, there is no way to pay them their time invested, whether with the intention of taking advantage or not, so the solution could not be a reversal, if you do not give prizes to all who participate equally, do in your minds that is a prize to enter the game and forget the subject, as a gift they will give certain bonuses for 4 hours so thank you for a quick response and stop crying...

CM Aethon

Community Manager
Staff Member
Jan 23, 2019
Greetings Astellians,

The philosophy behind our decision making at Barunson E&A, involves breaking tasks down into controllable stages. Allowing us to verify each step as we work to resolve the often dynamic and complex nature of issues that arise in the operation of an MMORPG. With the conclusion of today’s maintenance, we successfully completed the first phase of our resolution for the Avalon Issue. This phase primarily involved the automated bulk delivery of the items mentioned in the previous update of this post to all players who did not enter Avalon.

With this out of the way, we will now begin the final phase of our operation. Bringing users who entered Avalon, but earned less than the amount awarded, in line with the rest. This process does not require a maintenance, but instead will require manual adjustment of the affected accounts. We opted to execute this phase after confirming there would be no difficulties in the automated delivery of the items in bulk and will execute the manual process during the scheduled maintenance on Monday. We appreciate the patience and support that has continued to be shown as we complete this process. We will update you once we have more to share.

Thank you,

- The Astellia Team

Caeldori

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
So just to summarize that for my understanding...
I was in Avalon, made 15k Asper, roughly 200 tokens and maybe 10 stellite.
Received a trade ban, couldn't play properly the last days.

Other people who didn't go into avalon
get 500 token, 90k asper
didn't get a trade ban

And all that is called a "fair" way to solve that?
Ehm well... slowly loosing hope in that team completely.

If you really think this is the way to go everyone should be hard set to 500 token, 90k asper. No matter what they made in Avalon or if they entered Avalon. All players have 500 token in their inventory. That'd be fair for everyone. Everyone has the same, noone has more than others, noone has less, noone was really "punished".

The way you're doing it now is just another bad decision on top.
I think your problem just got addressed

Seven7

Astellian
Jun 27, 2019
Greetings Astellians,

The philosophy behind our decision making at Barunson E&A, involves breaking tasks down into controllable stages. Allowing us to verify each step as we work to resolve the often dynamic and complex nature of issues that arise in the operation of an MMORPG. With the conclusion of today’s maintenance, we successfully completed the first phase of our resolution for the Avalon Issue. This phase primarily involved the automated bulk delivery of the items mentioned in the previous update of this post to all players who did not enter Avalon.

With this out of the way, we will now begin the final phase of our operation. Bringing users who entered Avalon, but earned less than the amount awarded, in line with the rest. This process does not require a maintenance, but instead will require manual adjustment of the affected accounts. We opted to execute this phase after confirming there would be no difficulties in the automated delivery of the items in bulk and will execute the manual process during the scheduled maintenance on Monday. We appreciate the patience and support that has continued to be shown as we complete this process. We will update you once we have more to share.

Thank you,

- The Astellia Team
Thanks to you and the team for the quick actions being taken.
(Believe me, compared to other games I've played, this is a great response time!)

Ovitch

Astellian
Sep 25, 2019
Greetings Astellians,
Bringing users who entered Avalon, but earned less than the amount awarded, in line with the rest. This process does not require a maintenance, but instead will require manual adjustment of the affected accounts.
i am assuming from this that those of the "avalon few" who like myself earned only a small amount will be awarded the difference to adjust in line with those who earned a lot?
if thats the case...all is forgiven

Queskel

Astellian
Jul 27, 2019
Greetings Astellians,

Thank you,

- The Astellia Team
First positive information. Good to hear.