Avalon some first 24h impressions from EU_Aquarius

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019

So... What a surprise that 1 faction outnumbers the other 2 factions.... (If you can´t see all pictures, just reload the site.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then i listened to that guys:

Since 1 guy said, that the rewards are crap, i told him that he shouldn´t forget the event. He mentioned that and left the game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sooooo...

- First week of Avalon, 1 faction destroys the other 2 factions and both factions together wouldn´t even win in points. - > as expected...
- Mostly Mages dominate the Avalon - > as expected (just check the leaderboards)
- There are some performance issues - > as expected
- 50% of the community probably don´t even know about the event, since it´s not mentioned ingame or at the launcher.
- And once again: The Event sucks! How can you go for an event that is only for one playerbase / some players and just 1 lucks matched faction???

I posted similar stuff and enough about that already in the german section. It´s just bs.
This is the worst event i´ve ever seen and i bet avalon will be dead in 2-3 weeks with those unbalanced classes and 0 matchmaking.

Remove the Event and bring it on another day when Avalon got fixed! + DO AN EVENT FOR THE WHOLE COMMUNITY WITH SUCH REWARDS AND NOT ONLY FOR THE TOP 10 24/7 PvP - Junkies or that 1 lucky Faction!
The first Event was already bs with the server issues. The 2nd event was boring af and now you bring just another event, which shows the middlefinger to 99,9% of the whole community and a half to the faction winners.

Thx for nothing once again... and yes... i won´t stop this sheet, unless you stop making such dumb decisions devs, remove the event and give us a statement about this mess. It´s just ridiculous.... We gave you so much feedback... i gave you probably the most... there are so many things to do (RNG, crafting, class- /subclass - balancing, ticket-system-changes, and and and...).
And what do you do? Showing us your last "Ace" Avalon, which is completely unbalanced and came up with a mess of an event!

Callie Swag

Astellian
Sep 4, 2019
you must have not been on much. 2 factions are neck and neck the GM is looking into the 3rd faction. my guess the guilds did not kick their inactive players so their laziness is coming to bite them in the butt.

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
you must have not been on much. 2 factions are neck and neck the GM is looking into the 3rd faction. my guess the guilds did not kick their inactive players so their laziness is coming to bite them in the butt.
Do you talk about EU or NA? I read that something is completely wrong with NA - Physe, but EU is getting dominated by 1 Physe. (Just look at my picture above.)

The current stats are ~ 2 050 000 VS 950 000 VS 890 000...

It´s a joke and a big issue. The winner faction earned ~500 000 over night, Ceres lost a bit and Eos got only ~90 000+.
So either the players gave it already up or they just can´t play 24/7 like the Physe players.

The winner faction is getting already the most rewarded through the game. I EU you just need to be lucky to get matched with the 2-3 progress-guilds and we already see what´s happening. On top of that, the winner faction gets extra Event - Rewards and only their players have a chance on the "most kills/most points" rewards too.
It was obvious that Avalon will decided by mass and playtime, but kicking the whole community into the ---, because they can´t play 24/7, is ridiculous.
It´s absolutely nonsense to reward the winner faction even more, especially in an unbalanced game. I guess that the guilds with that 1-2 guilds will win every week. If you´re not into your faction, you don´t even need to try to beat something.
Avalon is a joke right now and so the event is.

PPL would like to play a game, which is atleast a bit fair and they want to play events FOR EVERYONE.

PS: 1 Meteor can kill a whole Raid... sounds balanced!

Last edited:

AdventureApe

Astellian
Aug 5, 2019
Do you talk about EU or NA? I read that something is completely wrong with NA - Physe, but EU is getting dominated by 1 Physe. (Just look at my picture above.)

The current stats are ~ 2 050 000 VS 950 000 VS 890 000...

It´s a joke and a big issue. The winner faction earned ~500 000 over night, Ceres lost a bit and Eos got only ~90 000+.
So either the players gave it already up or they just can´t play 24/7 like the Physe players.

The winner faction is getting already the most rewarded through the game. I EU you just need to be lucky to get matched with the 2-3 progress-guilds and we already see what´s happening. On top of that, the winner faction gets extra Event - Rewards and only their players have a chance on the "most kills/most points" rewards too.
It was obvious that Avalon will decided by mass and playtime, but kicking the whole community into the ---, because they can´t play 24/7, is ridiculous.
It´s absolutely nonsense to reward the winner faction even more, especially in an unbalanced game. I guess that the guilds with that 1-2 guilds will win every week. If you´re not into your faction, you don´t even need to try to beat something.
Avalon is a joke right now and so the event is.

PPL would like to play a game, which is atleast a bit fair and they want to play events FOR EVERYONE.

Well the bigger Problem here is ones again Codex. as they got the most time to play Avalon it seems. Even so we as Ceres were pretty active with about 3-4 Raids active together, we had no chance when running into about 150-200 Physe players.
What kills the balance here is that the factions arent getting balanced out. there is a reason why Physe is 24/7 represented with 100+ players in Avalon while Ceres and Eos on maximum have about 60 players online in Avalon.
I even know players that wer put into Ceres and Eos and just switched to another char with no guild until they got into Physe with one of their chars and now are playing only that char so they are in the winning faction.

Sharahs

Astellian
Oct 10, 2019
First of all: Im an Eos faction player on EU.

I don't think that I deserve the same reward as coordinated people playing Avalon for 20h/day. I have around 1-5h playtime/day and I mainly want to use it for other in game purposes beside Avalon.

Those who are strongest and dedicated deserve the best reward. We can talk about no lifers and keep on, but that's how it is.

I think you have a point in saying that the extra event is a bit off. Those events are better focused for all players in general, not only those who already are getting the highest reward. There are a bunch of possibilities to give the whole community a sweet little reward instead of just giving something to the high ranked players.
But...
You have to understand that those high ranked progression dedicated players also wants to stand out for what they do, this avalon event is meant to be for progression players and thats totally fair.

Everyone is getting rewards for almost every tiny step in the game. That's cool, I like rewards. But does that really mean we have to get all the same rewards for just being online in avalon as like players, who decide to play all day long for a single achievement? I think not.

Last edited:
Reactions: CM Venecia

Appoxa

Astellian
Sep 30, 2019
So am I getting this right? The guild with more active players who are more successful in PVP is now at the top of the list and that is a problem because ... ?

AdventureApe

Astellian
Aug 5, 2019
So am I getting this right? The guild with more active players who are more successful in PVP is now at the top of the list and that is a problem because ... ?
thats not the problem, the problem is that the way the event works it demotivates everyone who is not able to no life 24/7 into Avalon

Reactions: Evo and Micela

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
thats not the problem, the problem is that the way the event works it demotivates everyone who is not able to no life 24/7 into Avalon
Exactly!

I don´t know who thought, that it´s a good idea to triple the rewards for the winner - faction and some of their players. That´s not an event, that´s just a big fail.

Evo

Astellian
May 24, 2019
I assume you are a scholar without any magic defense rune.
You would not complain about mage if you are a mage
Every warrior, assassin and archer can use evasion build, I am pretty sure you havent tried evasion food and legendary runes. Although warrior got the lowest evasion of the 3 physical class, a mage who has full accuracy build still won't have more than 60% hit rate on you. A mage with full accuracy build wont deal more than 6k damage with meteor on you. Even a pure glass cannon can have 6k+ HP

Reactions: Sharahs

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
I assume you are a scholar without any magic defense rune.
You would not complain about mage if you are a mage
Every warrior, assassin and archer can use evasion build, I am pretty sure you havent tried evasion food and legendary runes. Although warrior got the lowest evasion of the 3 physical class, a mage who has full accuracy build still won't have more than 60% hit rate on you. A mage with full accuracy build wont deal more than 6k damage with meteor on you. Even a pure glass cannon can have 6k+ HP
I´m Assassin...

And i know about an evasion build and similar stuff. But when it hits, it hits...
I escaped a meteor yesterday through evasion, so yeah... man we had this discussion already. ^^

The thing is... it´s possible and if some "high tier" - players come along the way, they can easily kill the casual - raid with it.
And even if players survive, they dropped hard. I don´t say everyone is oneshot, but it´s just the same like in every dungeon. Meteor got no limit or restrictions. If 100 players or adds cuddle in its area, it´ll hurt hard. That´s the whole issue. (Next to the tons of CC and blind etc.)

We all know, why a mage is favored so hard.

Evo

Astellian
May 24, 2019
The thing is... it´s possible and if some "high tier" - players come along the way, they can easily kill the casual - raid with it.
And even if players survive, they dropped hard. I don´t say everyone is oneshot, but it´s just the same like in every dungeon. Meteor got no limit or restrictions. If 100 players or adds cuddle in its area, it´ll hurt hard. That´s the whole issue. (Next to the tons of CC and blind etc.)

Indeed. This is why i want P2W and be a "high tier" player. The devs already put hard caps on us. Gear cap and astel cap. A high-end player could not usually beat 2 other players with PVP build. Probably this is the most balanced moment people can enjoy.

On KR server. mage rarely get in top 3. Most of the top players in Avalon are ranger and phantom

• Haha
Reactions: Brakiros

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019
I´m Assassin...

And i know about an evasion build and similar stuff. But when it hits, it hits...
I escaped a meteor yesterday through evasion, so yeah... man we had this discussion already. ^^

If you are dumb enough to cuddle with 99 other sheep you deserve to get a meteor dropped on your head; meteor has a long cast time so just keep moving and save cuddle time for back in town and problem solved.

Also try teaming up with the other side to mow down the dominate side. One thing the devs do need to stop is the being able to be part of different factions on alt; of course that would be rough if alts are in different guilds, but just seems like it would be a bit sketchy to me (basically trying to game the system to be on winning side no matter what).

Reactions: Sharahs

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
If you are dumb enough to cuddle with 99 other sheep you deserve to get a meteor dropped on your head; meteor has a long cast time so just keep moving and save cuddle time for back in town and problem solved.

Also try teaming up with the other side to mow down the dominate side. One thing the devs do need to stop is the being able to be part of different factions on alt; of course that would be rough if alts are in different guilds, but just seems like it would be a bit sketchy to me (basically trying to game the system to be on winning side no matter what).
Sure it is dumb. ^^ This was just a pure "badass"-example. :p

I personally know how to PvP and some tactics etc. But that doesn´t change the pure facts, that the winner is probably always the "progress - faction", since they´ve mostly more time / active players at the same time.
I would be ok with that fact too, but not when the devs start a bs-event, which triples the rewards for those players and the rest of us are just like "cannon-fodder" for them and their battle for the event-rewards.

It´s not even a bad thing to say, that starting an event in the first week of avalon is a pure fail. They don´t know about stats, balancing, maybe performance issues and so on. It´s like the forerunner - event, where the half of the playerbase couldn´t even login.
It´s not well thought and more frustrating than anything else.
I would even say the same, when i would be the lucky guy that gets all in the end. This event is a mess and avalon / class - balancing needs a look at, before they start an event like that.

Reactions: Artemisa

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
Indeed. This is why i want P2W and be a "high tier" player. The devs already put hard caps on us. Gear cap and astel cap. A high-end player could not usually beat 2 other players with PVP build. Probably this is the most balanced moment people can enjoy.

On KR server. mage rarely get in top 3. Most of the top players in Avalon are ranger and phantom
Those facts and "hopes" are still based on gear too. I NEVER got a legendary which helps me with agility in my whole playtime. I don´t have ~10million to buy them in the AH too, since i don´t abuse AFK - farming and such stuff.
But i´m not a casual or something and i use my time effective and know how to play. RNG just hates me like that badass-vendor in meiville.

So i can´t force any fight against 24/7 competetive players, even if i want to. But that´s ok for me... but it´s not ok, when some classes / subclasses dominate all the way long in PvP / PvE and that a mage is able to blast a complete dungeon into nowhere with just 1 meteor!
(A well played team us the mass-chain for CC into meteor aswell. ;) )

And that evasion is still a gamebreaker is a fact, that probably will never change. It´s either broken or useless, based on the time when it proccs on hardhitters or not.

But i really don´t want to argue about such stuff the next hours. I wrote enough about the class-balancing and dungeon - designs and so on in the german forum. It needs to be done a lot of stuff overall.

Evo

Astellian
May 24, 2019
You expected too much. Nothing can change the fact that the game is very cheap in every aspect. I assume they have less than 5 full time employees running this game so i dont think they can do much about class balance, Also, i havent seen any KR game balanced every class. The issue of this game could be predicted at beginning. Thank god for not leaving us any game breaking exploit here

Don't forget that this game is designed for P2W. Every class can be a god with credit card power. My scholar got 2 set of legendary runes and i can solo legendary dungeon with it. But i cannot do the same with my well-geared mage. I am pretty sure people got a reason to nerf scholar in this case.

Edit:
Dungeon ticket- no fix
Gender unlock - havent finished
connection issue due to character stuck - havent realized or no idea how to fix
RNG issue - not on roadmap
Class balance - 2021, hopefully ?

Last edited:

Zwiebel

Astellian
Jul 4, 2019
You expected too much. Nothing can change the fact that the game is very cheap in every aspect. I assume they have less than 5 full time employees running this game so i dont think they can do much about class balance, Also, i havent seen any KR game balanced every class. The issue of this game could be predicted at beginning. Thank god for not leaving us any game breaking exploit here

Don't forget that this game is designed for P2W. Every class can be a god with credit card power. My scholar got 2 set of legendary runes and i can solo legendary dungeon with it. But i cannot do the same with my well-geared mage. I am pretty sure people got a reason to nerf scholar in this case.

Edit:
Dungeon ticket- no fix
Gender unlock - havent finished
connection issue due to character stuck - havent realized or no idea how to fix
RNG issue - not on roadmap
Class balance - 2021, hopefully ?
Serious question here:
You have been constantly complaining for weeks now. Why dont you just get over it and leave already? It is clear at this point that this is not your game.

Artemisa

Astellian
Oct 2, 2019
Serious question here:
You have been constantly complaining for weeks now. Why dont you just get over it and leave already? It is clear at this point that this is not your game.
CM should delete that post, who is this guy to tell someone to leave the game?thats not right...anyone can express their opinion...we all pay the game...dont come with this bs of "leave the game..."

Reactions: Tipsy

Zellata

Astellian
Aug 3, 2019
@Playtil: Snowflakes are always like that, regardless of the topic. Their general view of the world goes along the lines of "everybody has the same rights, unless I personally disagree with what those other people are doing, in which case those people should be punished".