Avalon Treasure

killua

Astellian
Jul 1, 2020
I'm pretty sure whoever is still playing this game has something to say about those treasures, and here's my 2cents.

First of all, can we please have those treasures revamped, make them like more class specific?
Avalon Treasure seems to be the end game treasure at the moment, but why would a mage class need evasion or physical status accuracy or an archer needs magic accuracy?

Also, the crafting of those Treasures.
Ok, so there has been posts regarding the RNGness of those Treasures and the improved Master Artisan somehow fixed some of the issues.
But compare to those RNG crafting, I kinda liked the Miodan class treasure and the new Karza enhanced treasure. It takes some time, but eventually it gets you there.
If people insists on keeping those RNG crafting, can we have a set amount crafting as well? Say from III onwards, it would require 25/50/75/150 shards? VII would still be 300 shards reqardless, but at least people have the option to choose not to do something purely based on luck?

Also, we need more ways to spend the Golden Victory Token, for those lucky enough to get all legendary Avalon treasure already, they would have no means to keep on pvping **** in Avalon? lets face it, the factions never balanced tbh, but that's entirely another thread.

what you think?

Terala

Astellian
May 22, 2020
class specific treasures are always a good thing,
but i don't see any reason to "limit" a players possibilitys there

the only thing realy needed would be, to actually show the players upfront what the final version of the item will look like ...
than everyone can freely decide, if it makes sense for him/his class or not

the stat's and boni itself already make these treasures (somewhat) class specific ...
as certain things make more sense for one than the other

where i would love class specific treasures however is at the seasonal avalon items,
becouse that could actually be a good way, to balance pvp without influencing / crippling pve for it

as for the crafting,
to me it looks like it's not the artisan itself that got better ... but more the treasures themselfs
they are much more human to up now than in the past

the rng ruins this game ... i'm 100% with you on that one

or, to be more precice it's a "the dose makes the poison" ...
the old system simply was an overdose on rng, ruining much for many
the new system ... it simply feels way better

also, in my opinion, the problem isn't / wasn't the randomness itself, which was the problem ...
but rather the difference in these randomness [1st day vs xx'th month] ... that simply was overdosed

a good way to keep the rng while prefenting such extreme situations could have been to actually "cap" the fails ...
so something like ... you fail the craft, you get a special shard ... you have x special shards, you get the possibility to craft the next step of you're item with 100% certainty

for upgrading items you could also "split" the outcome ...
either it goes up to the next step [item +1 obtained] or it fails and you get [item F1], with a higher uppgrade chance on you're next try ... if failed again [item F2] ... again higher chance ... and so on and so forth

but yes, in general i like the miodan/tulie treasure system way more ...
as it gives you an actual goal to work towards instead of frequently resetting you without giving you even the slightest hint, if you'd even get it done within the next 10 years [that's how the old system simply felt like]

a good possibility for [future] treasures could be to combine different game elements into the creation procces of the item
[get the stick from activity a, help us finding wood for the forge, get the iron needed out of ... some holy water from ... a little atra energy out of] ... so instead of an rng based system an actual task based system

as for the victory tokens ... well ... my suggestion would have been to couple the pve [hunting ground dailys] and the pvp [avalon] tokens together and make it possible to actually buy the stuff [treasure and eq alike] with both of them ... but ... well i don't realy care about that one so *shrugs*

and yes, the faction balance is an entirely seperated tread

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
You dont get all of them on every class ofc. You only get the ones you can use. As easy as that. Every class has 3-4 Treasures that they can use and thats fine. With the recent buff of MA2 it's fairly easy to get them maxed. Example: pre-buff I bought 20 T1s until I finally had my VII. After buff it was a mere amount of 9.

I agree that we need more stuff to spend our tokens on. Maybe then I would bother entering Avalon again.

Falconer_Joanna

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
First off are we really sure Master Artisan actually effects Avalon treasures? I thought it effects items that have a 'critical success' like foods and weapon/accessory crafting.

Additionally I haven't seen any changes in crafting avalon items since the last patch. I can't get anything past 5 in the last 15 or so items, never mind 6 even using master artisan level 2. Even with a flat 50% chance of success, the chance of getting an item to level 6 is just over 3%. Just be thankful you've been lucky, for the rest of us it's just a waste of time.

Ferara

Astellian
May 6, 2020
Yea 425 more shards and I have no reason to enter Avalon again lol although I wish I could sell all these midboss scrolls

Terala

Astellian
May 22, 2020
Yea 425 more shards and I have no reason to enter Avalon again lol
zender ? faster mount ? ap-reg skins ? costumes ? dungeon-tickets = astel and loot ? zender for you're inventory, another astel-deck, nordens favor ?

you already have all of these ?

Terala

Astellian
May 22, 2020
Zender for inventory? You can only use gems for it
sorry, i by the word "inventory" i meant the storage space [the up to 4 additional pages you can buy for you're warehouse] ... for me that effectively means more inventory to put my stuff in ...

but yeah true, the actual inventory to carry with you unfortunatly is only buyable via real money transaction ...
and quite honestly, i don't know what the devs were thinking with their pricing and layout of that new inventory
.oO( maybe they should actually go into the game and ask the players, what they think about that )

Last edited:

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
I think it looks good.How else would you make it look without completely changing the interface. I also find 60 per is a fine price.

Ferara

Astellian
May 6, 2020
zender ? faster mount ? ap-reg skins ? costumes ? dungeon-tickets = astel and loot ? zender for you're inventory, another astel-deck, nordens favor ?

you already have all of these ?
Na none of that stuff makes a difference for ME in pvp.

Terala

Astellian
May 22, 2020
I think it looks good.How else would you make it look without completely changing the interface.
well, first of all lets think about the question,
if it's realy the best idea, to show a player who payed tripple AAA price for a game [up to 100 euro in case of the pre-order] a window showing him "hey, you have only 1/3 of you're possible inventory available to you ... you wanna unluck ? pay another tripple AAA price for it" ... each and every time the player opens up his inventory

i agree with you, that it needed a change of interface for the expension,
but they could have (at the verry least) implemented a

[x] don't show / hide locked slots - option to the players

becouse as it is now, many players think of it as some sort of psychological trick ... trying to make the player feel ... well you know what i mean, right ?

and coupled with the high pricing [6 euro i think it was for a row ... so more than ANY tripple AAA title with actual physical rewards (at least any i know of) would cost] ... it makes the players somehow think, if it's just a final cashgrab before shutdown or going down a p2w-ish direction ...

i mean we are talking about what ... i think 6 euro for a single row of inventory slot,
so 192 euro to fully unlock the inventory of your character ... plus the price of the game (another 50 euro for most of us) ... you're at around 250-300 euro for that ... that's just expensive a.f

and each and every time you open up you're inventory they show you

"hey, we know, that you paid 50 euro for the fullversion of our game ... but here, you could unlock some entirely overpriceed slots only via real money ..." each and every time you open up you're *** inventory

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
But AAA games suck xD dont use that as a comparison

Looking at it doesnt make me wanna buy it. But maybe there are people who are weak for sth like this. Besides, you an buy a pack of 3 for 17€. Bit cheaper

Terala

Astellian
May 22, 2020
If you are dumb enough to upgrade quest and coins inventory..which is basically NEVER full.
even if i only count the equip, consumables, runes and starjewel slots i'd and up at roughly 100 euros for it
which is still more than the price of a physical collectors eddition of tripple A games,
for a game, where we have already paid 100 euros during their pre-order [or 50 euros as standard version] not even a year ago

and we do know their current efforts, to make afk-farming attractive
[overthrowing you with atrapotions, 12h ap-pot, ap-reg skins, ap-reg buff and their change in legandary gear droprate they recently made]