Avalon - Wow, an Eye opening moment.

Zzet

Astellian
Oct 2, 2019
Now it is also my time to say something. Especially about the crying of Terra and the "imbalance" in the >> PVP << area. I don't exactly know how the current state in NA is, but if 1 guild is just dominating there and don't even need to fight for their Holy Atra Stones then there need to be a change in the matchmaking system (something like calculate which people were most active in avalon and match them against another) I bet the "random" - raids are still outnumbering the organized guild raids when activity plays a big role in it. Even if the situation in NA is really like this and only PVE then it's unefficient because you can't get the BIG Coins Reward that are locked behind certain PVP-rankings.

Now I will come to the PVE in PVP area part and the imbalance:

Sure it's unfair when 1 single poor soul is running around in a >> PVP << AREA and getting killed by a Raid, that is taking back the Atra Stones, doing quests or in general be ACTIVE in Avalon, those people actually keep Avalon alive instead of "destroying" it.
Those people are the one doing the regroup in the faction chat, that everyone should participate in Avalon and prompt the people to be active there, so your claim is just ignorant and stupid, that some certain guild is destroying it. It's a >> PVP Area << crying about getting ganked/killed should not happen as in there is a reason why there is an anti abuse system in Avalon where you can only get points from the first 2 kills.
Also there is a reason why the Avalon Treasures could be destroyed and only the people that really grind for it can obtain those BEST IN SLOT treasures.

When people cry about the imbalance of the game, those same people also cry because someone who is working harder then them in the job is making more money then someone spending less time working. And its the same in the game "spend time for it, it rewards you with better gear". Insulting those players that grinded for their gears to be a "top"-player and to have no Reallife is really childish and ignorant, they are the one keeping the game alive.

Also people are ignorant when they don't see that the PVE part in the Avalon Area is only an ADDITION to the PVP part and the main focus should be always PVP (that's where most of the Coins come from for crafting the treasure).

Also the claim is really stupid that "at the start of avalon you instantly know who wins avalon". NO ONE KNOWS. People that are active in Avalon, and know the mechanics in Avalon and how it works know that everyday the tide can change.
In every faction there are players that want to win Avalon and work hard for it, some more, some less. And the more hardworking faction wins Avalon that is the only logical result.

As an example there were certain Weeks on EU-Aqaurius where a Ceres-faction with the named C.... Guild dominated pretty much the entire week, until Weekend hits and the EOS-Faction (at that time 3rd in the ranking and less then half the points of the Ceres-Faction) fought for their win and took all the Atra Stones and farmed non-stop atra towers.
In the end the Ceres faction needed to work harder and be more active in Avalon to diminish the point differences and the end result was less then 500k points different in the end of avalon(thats basically nothing).

ronoch

Astellian
Jun 20, 2019
Now it is also my time to say something. Especially about the crying of Terra and the "imbalance" in the >> PVP << area. I don't exactly know how the current state in NA is, but if 1 guild is just dominating there and don't even need to fight for their Holy Atra Stones then there need to be a change in the matchmaking system (something like calculate which people were most active in avalon and match them against another) I bet the "random" - raids are still outnumbering the organized guild raids when activity plays a big role in it. Even if the situation in NA is really like this and only PVE then it's unefficient because you can't get the BIG Coins Reward that are locked behind certain PVP-rankings.

Now I will come to the PVE in PVP area part and the imbalance:

Sure it's unfair when 1 single poor soul is running around in a >> PVP << AREA and getting killed by a Raid, that is taking back the Atra Stones, doing quests or in general be ACTIVE in Avalon, those people actually keep Avalon alive instead of "destroying" it.
Those people are the one doing the regroup in the faction chat, that everyone should participate in Avalon and prompt the people to be active there, so your claim is just ignorant and stupid, that some certain guild is destroying it. It's a >> PVP Area << crying about getting ganked/killed should not happen as in there is a reason why there is an anti abuse system in Avalon where you can only get points from the first 2 kills.
Also there is a reason why the Avalon Treasures could be destroyed and only the people that really grind for it can obtain those BEST IN SLOT treasures.

When people cry about the imbalance of the game, those same people also cry because someone who is working harder then them in the job is making more money then someone spending less time working. And its the same in the game "spend time for it, it rewards you with better gear". Insulting those players that grinded for their gears to be a "top"-player and to have no Reallife is really childish and ignorant, they are the one keeping the game alive.

Also people are ignorant when they don't see that the PVE part in the Avalon Area is only an ADDITION to the PVP part and the main focus should be always PVP (that's where most of the Coins come from for crafting the treasure).

Also the claim is really stupid that "at the start of avalon you instantly know who wins avalon". NO ONE KNOWS. People that are active in Avalon, and know the mechanics in Avalon and how it works know that everyday the tide can change.
In every faction there are players that want to win Avalon and work hard for it, some more, some less. And the more hardworking faction wins Avalon that is the only logical result.

As an example there were certain Weeks on EU-Aqaurius where a Ceres-faction with the named C.... Guild dominated pretty much the entire week, until Weekend hits and the EOS-Faction (at that time 3rd in the ranking and less then half the points of the Ceres-Faction) fought for their win and took all the Atra Stones and farmed non-stop atra towers.
In the end the Ceres faction needed to work harder and be more active in Avalon to diminish the point differences and the end result was less then 500k points different in the end of avalon(thats basically nothing).
EXAACTLY. Wow ty for this sir or ma'am, you are right in so many ways it's not funny. You pretty much nailed it. Like the gymnast perfoming a vault jump and perfectly sticking the landing. 10 out of 10 across the board. You might get a 9.5 from the haters, though.

Last edited:

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
had the same. went for the crappy DEX DEX STR AGI result when my main mat was AGI AGI AGI DEX D:

ronoch

Astellian
Jun 20, 2019
I have an idea to potentially fix Avalon and make it fun for both the PvE side and PvP side (maybe?). Simply add a quest similar to the pvp one for the hunting (PvE) points. So now PvErs can get coins from killing X amount of mobs and earning hunting points, something like 100k=100 coins 300k =300coins and it goes up incrementally or something like that, similar to how the pvp quest is.

This would allow for some interesting things to happen, making pve players perhaps form groups to conquer mobs or go at it solo while allowing PvPers more potential targets to kill. As it stands now, most PvErs just do their weeklies and or daily quest and never be seen until a new week starts. Also, both "sides" can complete both the quests essentially allotting more coins to everyone participating which in turn allows for more chances at treasures and their procs.

Its win/win for everyone, Avalon will become more active over night and maybe people won't be so salty about their treasures now that they can earn an (unlimited?) amount of coins from doing other things besides pvp and the little they get from the weekly ones.

Reactions: GoVirgo

PlayingMyLastMMOs

Astellian
Sep 24, 2019
Apparently, low %/num. stat has a higher chance to be rolled out. Tri-wis @7% + 1 6% dex/wil fused with quest legendary weap to "lock" you 2 7%wis, 6%dex/wil, 8% int total junk. Open control panel and .... u know the rest of the story:)

Reactions: Pirylio

PlayingMyLastMMOs

Astellian
Sep 24, 2019
The game was pay to win and was converted (somewhat sloppily) to a play to win model, whereas if you spent more time in the game, grinding astels to 5-6-7 stars grinding dungeons and crafting mats, spam producing crafted gears and selling raw crafting mats to fund +10'ing your good gear then you simply had an advantage. Then Avalon came out and now there's yet another way to widen the gap between the casual/hardcore players by being able to upgrade treasures through Avalon currency and now fusion, yet another way to widen the gap EVEN FURTHER from the already amazingly skewed casual vs hardcore playerbase. I have since stopped playing the game but I really gave it a shot for longer then most.

The game is pretty and has its fun moments, but the ever widening gap between casual and hardcore is why there is zero pvp que's for arena. Avalon is mostly a zerg fest. Yes a smaller group can win vs a larger group to a point but now that the only real competition for Focus has quit the game its obviously going to be whatever side Focus joins wins. Simply from an activity and numbers standpoint. Bloodline had higher quality players in the first Avalon but simply didn't have the round the clock ability to stay in Avalon 24/7 like Focus did with their numbers. It was painfully obvious as after the first couple of days Focus crept up and overtook Bloodline once people started going back to work(myself included). Bottom line Astellia was a fun game and had some good ideas but I feel the overall design flaws of the game are the reason for the decline.
Haha, I could simply report your trolling posts 1000 times, but your ignorance is truly entertaining.

Focus did with "numbers", Lmao. I can still laughing about your so called "high quality players" get killed, 1 by 1 just because they are too pro to solo Atra stone, or get killed 2 by 2 when hunting "low quality" players (using your language)

Higher "quality" players? Lmao. Just looking @ the icon you have right there, I can see your toxic personality.

How about spend more time to make blood, a stack of players (scums) who think they are superior than the rest, well-known for kicking newbies in dungeons + trashtalking back in time, alive again?

Hope your toxicity and small-mind playing style can attract more "high quality" players to your guild and win your 1st Avalon. Opps, I doubt that, personally.

NyanPowa

Astellian
Sep 17, 2019
Haha, I could simply report your trolling posts 1000 times, but your ignorance is truly entertaining.

Focus did with "numbers", Lmao. I can still laughing about your so called "high quality players" get killed, 1 by 1 just because they are too pro to solo Atra stone, or get killed 2 by 2 when hunting "low quality" players (using your language)

Higher "quality" players? Lmao. Just looking @ the icon you have right there, I can see your toxic personality.

How about spend more time to make blood, a stack of players (scums) who think they are superior than the rest, well-known for kicking newbies in dungeons + trashtalking back in time, alive again?

Hope your toxicity and small-mind playing style can attract more "high quality" players to your guild and win your 1st Avalon. Opps, I doubt that, personally.
i think you're beating a dead horse here...