Black screen after talking to an NPC

Whitcomb

Astellian
Oct 1, 2019
Everytime after i talked to an NPC my screen gets black (except the interface/names etc.)

Example

Maybe someone can help me.

CM Flora

Community Manager
Staff Member
May 23, 2019
Hi there !

Thanks guys for reporting this! We're aware and looking into it. We did get a report saying that disabling and activate again 'Post Processing' in the Advanced Graphics menu in Game Settings should resolve the issue.
Can you please let me know if this or @SkuLz s idea to download the new Nvidia Drivers and restart your PC resolves the issue for you? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: CM Venecia

ghrian

Astellian
Oct 2, 2019
I had this issue right after the patch.
Then I just istalled the newest (released 1st of october) NVIDIA drivers. And started the game.
I didnt do a system reboot.
Afterwards it worked without issues (fingers crossed).
@CM Flora just for your reference.

Update:
Just checked it in the discord chat. A player had the same issue and after disabling post-processing
game settings > Graphics > Advanced Settings > Post-Processing (checkbox)

it worked.

Reactions: CM Flora

SylvanasWR

Astellian
Oct 2, 2019
I had the same issue. Just restart the game all over. It is fixxing mine everytime i get the black screen. And don't say what is the point of clossing the game every time i get black screen that is not what i ment to say. I ment if i close mine after i got a black screen and open the game from all over it is fixing my problem and makes me not getting any black screen anymore.

ventra

Astellian
Sep 29, 2019
i didn't have the issue just until NOW (strange isn't it?)
I have played plenty after the patch, and strangely the bug happened to me in the same session just now (have been playing for 4 hours in a single start-up, no restart in the process whatsoever)

Brinkie

Astellian
Oct 2, 2019
I had the same problem and solved it. It started right after i installed the newest Nvidia Drivers. I then repaired the game and now everything works again. Seems there is a problem with the newest drivers after installing them.