Bounty Hunter or Ranger?

Centorior

Astellian
Aug 10, 2020
As titled. Under the current meta, for someone who enjoys PvP, PvE, and PvPvE, which would you recommend? Thank you :)

Falconer_Joanna

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
Thanks for sharing guys! What advantages do Hawkeye have over Ranger in PvP?
Hawkeye does more damage as a result of it's bonuses. Additionally, Hawkeye Lunar Dance is very strong in PvP. Binding shot is so useful and adds another 'stopping' skill that other Archers don't have and has a very high status accuracy. I also like Raven Flight as it makes your follow up's crit much more likely. Ranger does it's damage over time, as you can get some very large DOTs going, but's it's bonuses are around defense, thus you can tend to hang around a bit longer in the fight. However binding the enemy and killing them quickly is better in PvP.

Reactions: Centorior

Ferara

Astellian
May 6, 2020
Dunno if you have the right gear ranger is pretty strong at PVP, I've got to hero rank several times

GoVirgo

Astellian
Sep 26, 2019
i thought ranger is for pvp because of high evasion and hawkeye is for pve becasue of high power?

Falconer_Joanna

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
With the archer skill changes last may (or so), the Ranger has very little ability to stop/stun an opponent. Those skills were given to the hawkeye. So the typical way of PvP in this game is to stun/bind an opponent then quickly kill them. That's what the hawkeye can do.

Xanadú

Astellian
Mar 13, 2021
Hi there, and thank you guys for posting all the helpful information in this thread.
I just started a few weeks ago and i'm still not sure what to focus on...

I am looking for a solid PvE Boss damage setup.

My choice was for Ranger class, i first chose Bounty hunter, but already switched to Ranger, but i just finished lvl 50 this weekend so i'm just starting...

First question, is all the information still valid today? I Ranger a god choice for PvE Boss Damage?
When focusing on that, i understand, that DEX/AGI are my main stats, but why isn't STR that good? It does add to my attack in any way, or not?

Also, i read a lot of evasion stat, but i'm not sure if this is for PvP or really usefull in PvE.
Well, i can imagine it's bette to evade damage than to mitigate via phys.def, but is this really the way to go in PvE?

So far, i would build my gear around DEX/AGI/CON/STR in that order, and for runes i go for phys crit attack, rather than phys crit chance
==> no other attack runes, correct?
As for defense runes, i am really not sure what is best. phys.def ? HP? evasion?

When using astels i assume the stats apply the same, for my healers i use spell power only.
we have one player dedicated to use Virgo and she builds Virgo around phys. def. is that ok, or should Virgo also use evasion?

So finally i am looking to chose the right gear, but oh my god, there are so many different item (names).
At least my awakened class choice limits this to a fewer number....
Is there an order to go for on T1 items?
I have seen small guides on fusing items, but i am not sure if i understand it all the way.
can ai enhance any T1 weapon to +7 and get the 2 others to combine, or is there only one that i can (and should enhance) one additional without enhancing, and one, fixed item, which is always the sealed one?

oh...oh...so many questions, anyone out there to help me out ?

thanks in advance,

Falconer_Joanna

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
Hi there, and thank you guys for posting all the helpful information in this thread.
I just started a few weeks ago and i'm still not sure what to focus on...

I am looking for a solid PvE Boss damage setup.

My choice was for Ranger class, i first chose Bounty hunter, but already switched to Ranger, but i just finished lvl 50 this weekend so i'm just starting...

First question, is all the information still valid today? I Ranger a god choice for PvE Boss Damage?
When focusing on that, i understand, that DEX/AGI are my main stats, but why isn't STR that good? It does add to my attack in any way, or not?

Also, i read a lot of evasion stat, but i'm not sure if this is for PvP or really usefull in PvE.
Well, i can imagine it's bette to evade damage than to mitigate via phys.def, but is this really the way to go in PvE?

So far, i would build my gear around DEX/AGI/CON/STR in that order, and for runes i go for phys crit attack, rather than phys crit chance
==> no other attack runes, correct?
As for defense runes, i am really not sure what is best. phys.def ? HP? evasion?

When using astels i assume the stats apply the same, for my healers i use spell power only.
we have one player dedicated to use Virgo and she builds Virgo around phys. def. is that ok, or should Virgo also use evasion?

So finally i am looking to chose the right gear, but oh my god, there are so many different item (names).
At least my awakened class choice limits this to a fewer number....
Is there an order to go for on T1 items?
I have seen small guides on fusing items, but i am not sure if i understand it all the way.
can ai enhance any T1 weapon to +7 and get the 2 others to combine, or is there only one that i can (and should enhance) one additional without enhancing, and one, fixed item, which is always the sealed one?

oh...oh...so many questions, anyone out there to help me out ?

thanks in advance,
The quick answer is yes, Ranger is still better at PvE than BH or Hawkeye and most of the information is still correct. I suggest you read this thread:

It explains my thoughts on the ranger and while there have been some minor changes on some of the skills and the astels (for example Ram's heal now has a 6 second cooldown making him a better afk healer than Cygnus, and star keeper virgo (in red) is a beast and worth the higher AP/sec cost), it is still mostly correct. That should answer most of your questions.

Enjoy your journey.

Xanadú

Astellian
Mar 13, 2021
you mentioned Raven flight somewhere, this skill got patched away? or is there any further skill advance besides awakening classes?

and there are skills like Spiral arrow, i still don't get how they work.
sometimes they seem to auto activate the 2nd and 3rd part of the combo, but most of the time seem to do no, and i don't know how to trigger them. is there any secret ?^^

Last edited:

Falconer_Joanna

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
Raven Flight is a Hawkeye only skill that lowers a target's Evasion and Critical evasion, making it easier to hit them and for that hit to be critical. Spiral arrow is bugged (and has been for a while) what's supposed to happen is that you activate the skill and the next 3 shots fire off. The skill used to be a non-mobile skill, however a few months ago they changed it to a mobile skill - but it doesn't really work. If you move while casting it, the third arrow won't fire off (and if it's after Strong Bow it's the last 2 arrows). Best to use the skill while not moving, or just accept that all 3 shots won't fire in you need to move.

GoVirgo

Astellian
Sep 26, 2019
The quick answer is yes, Ranger is still better at PvE than BH or Hawkeye and most of the information is still correct. I suggest you read this thread:
This is interesting. In NA server, most PvP archers are Rangers because you can get the highest evasion and status acc evasion. It's like Phantom in Archers class.

Xanadú

Astellian
Mar 13, 2021
Hello again :) I'm getting into it slowly, but i am enjoying :)
One thing that is confusing to me is the variety of accessories.
Are there any specific items for archer? As i see, they only depend on the stats the bring, so where is the point in having so many different items?

And it is correct, that CP on the item doesn't really matter, as it calculates all the values for other classes into CP, not only what is good for me, right?

Is there any accessoriy overview, what is best for what class, and how to progress?

Falconer_Joanna

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
There is little point for different accessories other than to make it a bit more challenging in fusion. A 3xAGI Gebra necklace is no different from a 3xAGI Dart necklace. And don't worry about CP, sure you can compare two items to see which is higher, but CP is heavily impacted by HP, thus two characters could be nearly identical, but which one has the higher HP will have higher CP. While HP are nice, an archer who had all CON accessories would not be very good. We avoid damage thru evasion, we don't tank it like warriors.

Xanadú

Astellian
Mar 13, 2021
Ok, thank you for your reply :) I alreday made myself a small graph to see what accessories are there and what types fuson to another..., so if there is no difference, and i cannot see any set bonus, so i'll just look what comes up for my fusion path :)

By the way, i swa some post regarding physical krit chance, and if it is above 50% it#s fine...but how do you see your crit chance in % ?
I see the numbers, and obviosly as i'm only a beginner am pretty low, but i have not seen any number that gives me a percentage, nor is there any combat log to compare, or is there any option to activate combat log?

Falconer_Joanna

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
There is no combat log, the only way I do it is to activate a skill and see how many crits I get. Against normal mobs it's pretty easy, just do a normal attack and count the crits while they die. This works in Hondu too, but with 1400+ crit accuracy it's easy to crit most of the time. T2 bosses are a bit harder, especially if they hit a status effect against you. So I pick one skill at the beginning of the fight and watch that (before the AOEs really start up). Guards and/or captains in Avalon work too. Honestly I believe 1350 to 1450 is pretty much the ideal range. The trick is how to get there, as few treasures help that. Obviously the purple treasure you get from Amy is the best for that, so work on getting that. Other than that, boost AGI and use runes. Runes can be balanced against Crit attack runes, just find the best combo for you. I think Panda used 10 Crit Accuracy to 5 Crit Attack. I'm at 7 Accuracy to 8 Attack atm, but I probably have a bit better gear than you. If I knew that 1350 was still enough, I would drop to 6 to 9, but I can't be precise against t2 bosses.

This is why I don't say 'exactly 50%' because you have to go by feel in many cases.