Character deletion instructions

aliantha

Astellian
Jun 26, 2019
For those who wish to edit their newly made avatar prior to launch, you will need to delete your existing character. Character deletion works a little differently here, so here are some things to know:

1) There is a time delay for deletion, even a brand new level 1 avatar takes 24 hours to delete.
2) After queuing an avatar for deletion, the final deletion is NOT automatic.
3) After the 24 hours has passed you need to log in and click on "delete character" a second time and finalize the deletion, at which time the avatar goes away and can be remade.

While you are waiting for deletion you can play with the customization and make and save an avatar image that you can then load up when you remake your avatar,

Hope this helps!

Kyuukei

Astellian
May 29, 2019
Good to know, thanks!
So I don't have to worry about my name getting taken away when I don't recreate a character after 24 hours (like when I get back home too late)
In other words:I like that you have to confirm the deletion of the character after 24 hours
Time to play with character editor after work

Last edited:
Reactions: CM Venecia

aliantha

Astellian
Jun 26, 2019
Good to know, thanks!
So I don't have to worry about my name getting taken away when I don't recreate a character after 24 hours (like when I get back home too late)
In other words:I like that you have to confirm the deletion of the character after 24 hours
Time to play with character editor after work
Correct! I actually panicked a little because when I created my avatar I had forgotten how to use my old design so I just grabbed the default image to save the name, then I set it for delete. The deletion was supposed to be done at 10:18 PM Eastern US time and I was reminding myself all day to log in at 10:18 and I got busy and it was 11:42 before I thought of it again so I logged in as quickly as I could and there was my avatar still there saying deletion would be complete at a time that was already past. I just had to click delete again to finalize, so there was no actual risk of losing my name. Never seen that before in an MMO and I like it.

Blümchen

Astellian
Jun 17, 2019
So the name of the deleted character can only been "taken" after you click on ok to final deletion after 24 hours?

Reactions: CM Venecia

Adam

Astellian
Sep 1, 2019
it said "To delete a character, you need to reserve character deletion."

CM Venecia

Community Manager
Staff Member
May 23, 2019
@Adam - Were you able to delete your character by now? It looks like the game shows you this message if you try to delete the char before the whole 24hrs have passed. :O

• Love
Reactions: Kyuukei and Adam