Class Evolutions Inbound!

CM Aethon

Community Manager
Staff Member
Jan 23, 2019

Greetings Astellians,

On Tuesday October 8th, we’ll be introducing the Class Evolution system. Which allows level 50 players to further evolve into one of 3 specializations. Extending the amount of experience a character can earn, by converting it towards star ranks in their chosen evolution. Upon reaching the first star rank, a character will be granted the first of two new exclusive abilities. At third rank, the second exclusive ability will be unlocked. In between these ranks, additional growth will be seen in specific character stats dependent on the evolution chosen.

Ultimately, once a character has reached their fifth star rank they will be granted a permanent awakening to one of their core abilities. The types of exclusive skills, stats, and awakened ability can be seen by opening the character window (P), and then clicking the ‘Evolution Info’ button. It is worth noting that these exclusive abilities and stats will be retained so long as you maintain the selected evolution and have sufficient star rank to have unlocked them.

Players are not however limited to the single evolutionary path they have chosen, in fact, each one of the earned 5 star Awakened Skills, will be retained even after changing to another evolution path, exclusive skills, earned EXP, and stats will not however. An Assassin for example, that opts to evolve into a Phantom will gain the exclusive skills ‘Shadow Walk’, granting a temporarily increases to movement speed, and ‘Shadow Curse’ which lowers a targets defenses allowing for increased damage to be done.

Along with the awakened version of ‘Smoke Screen’, which grants the additional effect of applying a poison to any hostile target that enters the area while the ability is active. After choosing another evolution path like Nightblade, or Avenger, the Awakened effect on ‘Smoke Screen’ will be retained. Allowing players to further custom tailor their abilities around their preferred play style. We hope you enjoyed this preview of the upcoming Class Evolutions!

- The Astellia Team

ChromasIV

Astellian
May 24, 2019
When you say one of 5 earned star awakened skills, does this mean we can have 2 lv 5 star awakened skills on a character at a given time?

So excited!!!!

Reactions: Neoyoshi

ForestWolf

Astellian
May 26, 2019
I am more curious how exactly you "spend" experience to switch classes and if keep the rest of exp after getting 5 stars on one adv class.

Another interesting topic would be how exactly stat enhancements work. Are they percentage of your base stat? Of total stat? Or maybe a flat amount? Does it cost anything?
No answers to that, so I guess the playerbase will have to find all that out by themselves as always.

Reactions: Weizenbrot

Tipsy

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
I am more curious how exactly you "spend" experience to switch classes and if keep the rest of exp after getting 5 stars on one adv class.
I'm pretty sure that XP spent on one Class evolution path will be permanently spent. Otherwise it would be way too easy.

Another interesting topic would be how exactly stat enhancements work. Are they percentage of your base stat? Of total stat? Or maybe a flat amount?
No answers to that, so I guess the playerbase will have to find all that out by themselves as always.
It has been answered, and you just need to check the skills that can be awakened to see the stat change on them.

The types of exclusive skills, stats, and awakened ability can be seen by opening the character window

Psycho

Astellian
Sep 15, 2019
how does this Work ? The Evolution we pick the Last we keep if we decide to Unlock more then 1 ?
More Confusion then happiness...
If i want to be be a Avenger at the End but wanna go up with another one aswell i go first with the Phantom Evolution then with the Avenger ?

Zellata

Astellian
Aug 3, 2019
Can we get some more details on the "earned xp will not be retained" part please? Does it mean that stars are lost or extra xp (the one over the xp bar) is lost when you switch? I am talking about the situation where you get to 5 stars on sub-class A, switch to sub-class B, then switch back to sub-class A.