Class progression weapons

marlless

Astellian
May 31, 2019
hello everyone, I would suggest a change of weapons when progressing from class, for example: berserker use a giant axe, gladiator use dual axes. the oracle use small wand and shield. that's what I had to suggest, since I thank you for your attention.

Reactions: Ajuka and Golden

Muriele

Astellian
May 24, 2019
I would say it's probably a little to far down the line for changes of that magnitude at this time. Maybe further into development like expansion.

Reactions: marlless

Iyo

Astellian
Jun 5, 2019
If that's optional and the original weapon remains just as viable,maybe. Because if I pick a class that uses swords, wouldn't want to end using axes.
In games that do this and you know from the start, one picks based on both or all weapons, but then one of them gets nerfed or changed a lot and you have to quit the class and maybe the game as well. It's better to not mess with such changes and create a new class instead.

Azakariel

Astellian
Jul 16, 2019
I would think it would be cool for the Ghost to use a scythe, it would be faithful to the image it shows at the time of changing the class.

Xandorai

Astellian
May 27, 2019
Warrior:
Keep Shield to make implementing ideas easier.
Beserker: 1h Axe & Shield (like a viking)
Crusader: Flail & Shield (like in D3)
Gladiator: Trident/Spear & Shield

Archer:
Hawkeye: Long Bow
Ranger: Short Bow
Bounty Hunter: Crossbow

Assassin: I don't know the names of the subs, or their roles. =)
Dual Short Swords
Dual Daggers
Dual Kamas

Scholar: Don't know the names of the subs.
Staff
Book
Mace

Mage: Don't know the name of the subs.
Staff
Wand
Orb

I'd say these would all be fairly easy to implement, since they would just be visual styles for the respective roles.

Brakiros

Astellian
Oct 1, 2019
hello everyone, I would suggest a change of weapons when progressing from class, for example: berserker use a giant axe, gladiator use dual axes. the oracle use small wand and shield. that's what I had to suggest, since I thank you for your attention.
Thats what I thought would happen, i've never heard of a shield wielding berzerker before lol. But sad that gladiators don't get dual wield like I thought would happen. The evolution is a lot more underwelming them expected only two new skills, thought it would be an actual class change rather then just a slight addition.

Brakiros

Astellian
Oct 1, 2019
Warrior:
Keep Shield to make implementing ideas easier.
Beserker: 1h Axe & Shield (like a viking)
Crusader: Flail & Shield (like in D3)
Gladiator: Trident/Spear & Shield
With the Berserker you could have a skill like Avatar where you turn into a giant swinging a huge 2H axe for like 10 seconds?
Gladiator could also have something like barbed net, going with the whole Roman gladiator feel.

Zayde

Astellian
Oct 2, 2019
This Idea of different Weapons reminds me of Aion - and tbh that was something I really liked.
BUT then it would be the best to offer the different classes early on - not at 50.

+1 - Good Idea @marlless