Communicating with developers? I think it's not bad.

GoVirgo

Astellian
Sep 26, 2019
My personal impression about the communication so far is good.

Case 1. I reported two critical bugs on sin's two skills that no one noticed since the launch. The two skills suppose to hit twice at a time but it didn't. They fixed those two bugs right away in the next patch.

Case 2. I reported that the cheek of new virgo is too red ( and some others mentioned it here in the forum too). They fixed it in the next patch.

Case 3. When I gave feedback on Tulie in Korean forum, I added additional comments regarding how hard it is to upgrade our gears currently due to low population. I suggested we have more event for getting coins to buy leg items. This could be completely coincident, but now we have the new event that gives us 360 coins everyday for two weeks.

Case 4. They surveyed on Tulie update and tried to get feedback; that is a good sign, but unfortunately I found there were too many stupid feedbacks that should not be delivered to devs.

Case 5. They added the stupid peace time in Avalon due to too many PvE loving cry babies

Case 6. They removed the daily quests in those three areas (Greleaf, Ragrock, and Astara) because many people complained about the repetitiveness. However, I personally enjoyed it and I miss it even though I've been doing it since last year.

Case 7. They made a sort of variation for daily quest in Tulie as many players complained about monotonous farming.

Case 8. I found they updated little things that are not mentioned in patch notes. For example, they enlarged the aim for cross hair mode, they updated sound effect for opening boxes or chests, and they added Moidan in the map so that you don't have to use scrolls to get there. I made feedback that they should add those minor updates in the patch note, and now they started adding more details on the minor things (e.g. bug fixes) as well.

Case 9. I criticized heavily on misspellings in an official patch note. They corrected misspelled words right way in a couple of days.

Case 10. When the news came out that they were going to remove the previous daily and weekly quests in those three areas, I left feedback that I am concerned about the idea of weekly fragment quests. In the previous quest system, I was able to do both daily and weekly quest by doing dailies because I could collect fragments by doing daily quests. I preferred doing that to doing AFK for fragments because I liked the daily quests. I liked the daily quests because it's pretty easy while it gave me feeling of MMO and unexpected fun generated by playing with bunch of random people. Anyway, we were able to get coins by doing AFK farming, but that AFK farming had no fun at all because you don't have to think anything. You just needed to find a party and take out whatever astels you have (just needed more players to farm frags). So I was concerned about doing that stupid thing with no gaming contents at all in the new fragment weekly quests in the absence of daily quests which require active farming, so I left comments that such stupid thing should not happen. Now we have new weekly quest that doesn't give fragments to all party members. I don't know they listened to my feedback or not, but that means you can't just AFK with any astels or party members if you want to maximize farming efficiency. You need to optimize astels, decks, and party members either you do AFK or active farming to get better farming efficiency (if you don't understand what I am talking about here, pleas ask me how I do). Although I agree it became harder for new players to get those coins which may not be ideal for all users, but I think there is at least some fun to research how to maximize farming efficiency in the new weekly quest.

These are some examples of what I think they are listening to players and I think it's not too bad at all.

I give suggestions to devs only about those things that can be relatively easily fixed or something critical that needs urgent fix. I am not sure it's such a good idea to complain everything you don't like about the game (if you don't like the game, pls just go find another game) and suggest things that can alter entire concept of game play because 1) your idea is personal anyway and could be stupid as hell but to leave negative impression about the game, 2) it may cost a lot more for devs to change or create new things, and 3) devs may have their own philosophy about the game.

I don't say in the forum s-h-i-t like "oh the game will die like Bless online..." because it is not at all constructive feedback (why you say that in the forum anyway? Please say it in your diary or your tweeter something). I care about Astellia and new players. I don't want to give negative impression to new players in this forum because I think Astellia is great game, want more new players in this game, and want the game last like WoW. :)

Last edited:

Oklmq

Astellian
Jun 19, 2019
hello @GoVirgo

-well they fixed minor issues i agree but why most of them are not included in patch notes? why they always miss 80% of fixed minor bug in patch notes EACH time?
Take in mind that is all minor fixes, i'm dev myself and need to correct minor bug/issues everyday thats not something IMPRESSIVE.
What people want is real content and content not delayed/retained (like 2.3 dungeons, T3 etc)

-Of course you are korean, and devs are korean, by writing in korean to support ticket or in forums, it is easier to send to dev (diretly sent as korean) so they don't need to translate, 100% correct meaning of what you say unlike when we sent from english (they need to translate it in korean, even worst when its german/french > english > korean = you lose 50% of the meaning of the sentence!)

If all is good, why are people leaving? (and don't say me it is because people are negative and so they believe what others say blabla), there are many reasons people are leaving and left :

- lack of big content expansion (from roadmap or others) : Tulie was done 100% in few hours ! We need content that last weeks or month : raid, new dungeons, new level cap, new 3 big regions with longer star's tale etc or even 2.3 dungeons/T3 which already existed in KR version!

- lack of communication between players and CM/GMs about upcoming updates/previews/roadmaps : we don(t know about the future of the game and what will happen to our version? What is Astellia Royal and what will happen when it will be out in KR then global? Even CMs here have no clues about what it is, it is very ODD; There is no guideline.

- We don't play a korean mobile game, enough of all that AFK stuff : AFK avalon, AFK colo, AFK weeklies ,AFK login events+ it is enough! Next will be AFK Dungeons ? People left because Astellia is basically 80% OF afk content

- They didnt keep promises of the roadmap ! And still no gender unlock and it is just an EXAMPLE. Too many delays

So there are questions needed to be answered, how is studio8 working? How many people are working still there to produce so few content?
Do you realize they need until the 30th june to fix a weekly boss issue? Do you think its normal for such delays ?

If they would be more transparent to people and explain they are like only 5 devs then people would understand trust me it's all about TRUST and COMMINICATION in West.

Now why people compare it to Bless Online? Its quite simple, both are korean mmorpg, both failed in their domestic markets (in korea), both retained or delayed content for months even IF they had some content ALREADY created, both had many bug/issues/optimizations issues.
Though, for me Astellia is better polished but still far from being a western quality product even if i play it thousands of hours.

Still i like it and still play it though, and even continue to support it, but it doesnt stop population decreasing every week ! And thats not people's fault!

To conclude, MMORPG market is quite busy, if they want new players, they need to be more aggressive for advertising/cheap prices etc! New players and mmo players in general have many choices and there are many MMORPG with more content and cheaper sadly!
And for old players they need to release harder and longer content ! that's it! We dont ask them thousands of things!!
If you think people care much about opinion (negative or positive) i can tell you its wrong ! Most people have their own opinions and as explained there are many reasons why new players dont join Astellia or that old players left and thats not BECAUSE of the negative opinions! (STEAM reviews for Astellia say 70/100 so you see?)

Players in general wont wait months or year for content! There are so many games it is normal nowdays gaming market is very competitive, IT is to DEV to react faster , its ALL ABOUT them NOT PLAYERS! And i'm sure they know about it but why they don't react or update faster ? Well maybe one day we will know about it...(small team or whatever reason) IT is to DEV to keep their PLAYERBASE and attract more people not the OPPOSITE.

Astellia is considering itself as an AAA mmorpg but lack in every aspect of it i'm sorry to say !

Last edited:

GoVirgo

Astellian
Sep 26, 2019
-well they fixed minor issues i agree but why most of them are not included in patch notes?
Take in mind that is all minor fixes, i'm dev myself and need to correct minor bug/issues everyday thats not something IMPRESSIVE.
What people want is real content and content not delayed/retained (like 2.3 dungeons, T3 etc)
Of course we all want new and big stuff. But that's not always easy. Here, the point is that they are at least listening and fixing minor things that players report.

-Of course you are korean, and devs are korean, by writing in korean to support ticket or in forums, it is easier to send to dev (diretly sent as korean) so they don't need to translate, 100% correct meaning of what you say unlike when we sent from english (they need to translate it in korean, even worst when its german > english > korean = you lose 50% of the meaning of the sentence)
I don't think they don't listen because of translation issue. They just choose to listen and respond to whatever they think necessary.

If all is good, why are people leaving? (and don't say me it is because people are negative and so they believe what others say blabla), there are many reasons people are leaving and left :

- lack of big content expansion (from roadmap or others) : Tulie was done 100% in few hours ! We need content that last weeks or month : raid, new dungeons, new level cap, new 3 big regions with longer star's tale etc

- lack of communication between players and CM/GMs about upcoming updates/previews/roadmaps

- We don't play a korean mobile game, enough of all that AFK stuff : AFK avalon, AFK colo, AFK weeklies ,AFK login events+ it is enough! Next will be AFK Dungeons ? People left because Astellia is basically 80% afk content
I think the game is good at least for me, and that's why I am still playing. In general, new games lose their population over time not simply because of poor communication.

I think at least they updated Tulie which I liked overall. They updated daily weekly quests for listening to players (i.e. removing burden of daily quests). They are also trying to update weekly boss quests too (perhaps more like field raid format as many of us wanted). You can't just ignore those things which takes a big part of this game.

I think they are following the roadmap although it's a bit slow.

It is always possible that plans can change especially with this current COVID issue , and sometimes they may not simply know how things may go due to any random issues. In that case, should they say oh we don't know what will happen? They may just need more time to put out more concrete updated roadmap.

I think there are plenty of things and options for active playing in Astellia. I think AFK is still optional and minor things in this game and I can't agree 80% of Astellia is AFK. The only thing I wish to change is colloseum because it's used 100% for AFK although you can still use that contents if you choose to enjoy it differently (for original purpose).

Now why people compare it to Bless Online? Its quite simple, both are korean mmorpg, both failed in their domestic markets (in korea), both retained or delayed content for months even IF they had some content, both had many bug/issues/optimizations issues.
Though, for me Astellia is better polished but still far from being a western quality product even if i play it thousands of hours.
Many were sad when Astellia shut down in South Korea. Population was not huge like WoW but there were still many players enjoying the game. The main reason Astellia shut down was the P2W component that the developers didn't like while the publisher wanted, and Barunson wanted to go global without P2W component.

Lastly, you mention "western quality" which I don't know what you are talking about. Are you saying western games have better quality? That sounds awful generalization and I think you should be quite embarrassed of what you just said especially in these days that discrimination is quite sensitive issue...

If you like such "western quality" and hate so much about AFK farming which you can still refuse to do so (and you still have to do active playing in the main contents like dungeons, avalon for pvp (AFK is not always possible for PvE too), Tulie daily quests, the upcoming weekly boss etc), I really don't understand why you are still playing "low quality" (as you implied) Asian game like Astellia and saying things like that in this forum...?

Last edited:

GoVirgo

Astellian
Sep 26, 2019
Still i like it and still play it though, and even continue to support it, but it doesnt stop population decreasing every week ! And thats not people's fault!

To conclude, MMORPG market is quite busy, if they want new players, they need to be more aggressive for advertising/cheap prices etc! New players and mmo players in general have many choices and there are many MMORPG with more content and cheaper sadly!
And for old players they need to release harder and longer content ! that's it! We dont ask them thousands of things!!
If you think people care much about opinion (negative or positive) i can tell you its wrong ! Most people have their own opinions and as explained there are many reasons why new players dont join Astellia or that old players left and thats not BECAUSE of the negative opinions! (STEAM reviews for Astellia say 70/100 so you see?)

Players in general wont wait months or year for content! There are so many games it is normal nowdays gaming market is very competitive, IT is to DEV to react faster , its ALL ABOUT them NOT PLAYERS! And i'm sure they know about it but why they don't react or update faster ? Well maybe one day we will know about it...(small team or whatever reason) IT is to DEV to keep their PLAYERBASE and attract more people not the OPPOSITE.

Astellia is considering itself as an AAA mmorpg but lack in every aspect of it i'm sorry to say !
Ok you've added a bit more later.

If you still like it, and Astellia to improve more, just report to dev whaever you think need to be changed. Complaining here works quite negatively for coming players, and it won't be helpful.

The negative reviews in Steam are mostly from ppls with less than 10 hours play. Its unfortunate that those ppls throwed their money away without playing it for less than 10 hours. How could they judge a game by playing less than 10 hours? If you filter reviews to more than 10 hour, you will see the result "very positive".

You are missing quite important point here. I gurantee you that developers want to succeed in this game a lot more than you want. It's their business after all! Do you think they don't know communication is important? Do you think they don't know fast update is important? Do you think they don't know keeping more ppl is important? I feel like I am wasting time here writing these...

Zentraxius

Astellian
Apr 25, 2020
I pushed my new virgo to 7 stars and she can't keep aggro off 4* aida. that alone has caused me to basically quit, the sheer dissapointment, now I know how my father feels.

Terala

Astellian
May 22, 2020
My personal impression about the communication so far is good.
Case 1 : many users mentioned, that they feel verry disturbed by the cm's invading into their private space,
players, who explicitly turned off the allchat get each and every chatwindow filled with green

even though all that'd be needed for a change would already exist in the game it get's ignored ... since month

Case 2 : the crafting-elements still tell you ingame, that they are needed for the creation of these items ... a single line of text ... yet still no fix
Case 3 : the exact same issue with the guild-login massage and fradoton crafting items ... one makes no sense, the other is in french ... in the german version ... again a single sentance ... again nothing since month

case 4 : genderunlock ... aside from the information, that they working on it and will release it shortly after release [an information handed out nearly a year ago] ... and the massage "we mention, that we don't mention it within our roadmap" ... nothing

case 5 : what the "pve-crybabys" asked for was not a split of avalon into war and peace ... but rather the possibility, to aquire zender and treasures outside of pvp gameplay ... what they wanted was a pve counterpart to avalon with equal rewards ...

where the player would have to choose, if he wants to gain his treasures and zender via pve or pvp gameplay [either or ... not both ...]

nobody ever asked for them to split avalon itself ... what was asked for was a pve-counterpart to it
the outcome is not the fault of the crticis ...

case 6 : the players complained about the dailys feeling repetative after such a long time ... about not having variation within them ... and about them taking up an extremely large ammount of time

instead of adding more variation to these astel-coin dailys they choos, to let us kill the same old mobs we killing since months
instead of reducing the time consumption of them (like they mentioned in their update), they implemented a quest, which takes longer in total than all of the previous one combined ...

and i honestly can't remember any player ever telling them something about wanting less astel-coins as reward ...
have you ever heard that from any player in the game ?

case 8 : yes, it is getting better ... verry, verry, verry slowly

but what was it again, during their patchday ... they announced a change in stat-bonus of certain subclasses and said that others would be delayed

the player than had to find out : oh, and they implemented an ap-reg skill
the player than had to find out : oh, and the changed the strenght of the effects
the player than had to find out : oh, cool ... they not even changed the bonus on items ... but also the basic stats ... even for the subclasses, where no change was announced for

sorry, but if a player has to find out what they even changed, becouse it's not in the patchnotes
than that's much ... but definitly not good communication

and i don't even start to talk about the avalon treasures (1 player get em week2 ... the other not after over half a year of gameplay)
and the recent mess ups (making crafting elements worthless over night without any kind of announcement ... the hand out of 4800 zender [lootring or half of the new mount] in astel cards ... without them showing any will to fix it) ... well let's say that i just mention that as a side note there

GoVirgo

Astellian
Sep 26, 2019
I pushed my new virgo to 7 stars and she can't keep aggro off 4* aida. that alone has caused me to basically quit, the sheer dissapointment, now I know how my father feels.
I understand you had a huge expectation on the new virgo, but I am just at a loss ppls quit a game with such reason. Sorry but perhaps the game was just not for you. Hope you find your game.

Pirylio

Astellian
Oct 4, 2019
Hello, i agree that dev seems to fix critical issues or minor issues they introduced after update quite fast if reported. Its better than nothing ...but it is far from being enough. It is the bare minimum.

As other said we ask for bigger content and this since february 2020. Yea we got tulie...it was decent area but too easy to complete compared to other areas.

About kr version closed down because of p2w....its not true im sorry but studio8 sold to russian gamenet publisher astellia.... and it has as much p2w as kr version from nexon and studio8 seems fine with it.

What is worrying me like someone said is the lack of upcoming content previews and communications, the lack of info about astellia royal which seem to be according to official news a new server with p2w elements ....for korea first then global. So what will happen to our current version?!

Price for base game is too expensive too. I think the other say its not western quality in term of engine/translations issues/ obvious bug issues... compared to other western mmo astellia is less optimized because of ue3 and have obvious issues from start. Its negative for players starting the game. They need to polish it even more.

Terala

Astellian
May 22, 2020
I understand you had a huge expectation on the new virgo, but I am just at a loss ppls quit a game with such reason. Sorry but perhaps the game was just not for you.
well, you know ... since i play the game i have seen many players leave already ...

i started the game together with a few other players i know from another game,
since it was you're typical asia-grinder, they where already pretty much grinding ressistent

the game started and ... well ... everyone enjoyed it
the hopes the players had into the game was quite huge ... after all, it was the first real new thing on the horizon in the last couple of ... well ... a verry long time at least

and the beginning was real fun ... the leveling phase ... the environment ... to push your character up ... to learn the different aspects of the game ... and to get to know you're astels a little better

every single player i talked with was on the exact same page there ... it's fun ... especially the leveling phase was something so highly praised, you can't imagine ...

but than the problems started to come ...

once, the players reached the endcontent ...
reached the dungeons ... saw the gamemechanics within them ... run them over and over again ... they started to feel, that there's something lacking ...

the decicions made, to drop legandary gear out of every box during the first week ...
and to nerf the droprate down to literally zero after it definitly didn't helped, to encourage the players there

so the first ones left ...

the game continued ... the everdaily daily ... seen you're hundrest time ... the same old dungeon run for you're ... you didn't even counted anymore ... everythings done ... everythings finished ...

and the big content ... the shining star everybody was waiting for
the "real" endgamecontent ... finally it was announced ... avalon

avalon came out ... players entered ... and ... as thank you they received a trade block ...

at the beginning, the players joined it ...
the activity was realy high for the first few weeks,
but it soon showed, that it was an unfair/unbalanced mess

at that time i was in one of the largest guilds of our server ...
we got matched into the same faction ... over ... and over ... and over again ... 11 out of 13 weeks directly at start we were in the same faction,
meanwhile others were able and allowed, to take the weeklys twice ... each and every week

naturally that already was a pretty dissapointing fact

especially, since the easy solution [to set the reset of avalon to the reset of the avalon dailys] is something suggested since month ... and yet still we have one day during the week, where you can get to make them a second time ... if you have rng on you're side and get matched into another faction that is

the behavior of certain players than certainly also didn't exactly help, to make it more interesting for the "normale players" ...
in the end, you took over a stone ... and had to stand right next to the stone exactly when he got free ... otherwise ... ne weekly for you anymore

the suggestion, to seperate these pve and pvp gameplay a little better ...
or to give the quests automatically to anyone, who where there when the stone got taken ... ignored

avalon itself managed, to tear appart entire guilds and to make quite a lot players leave the game
partially becouse of the high hopes the players had into it
partially becouse of the unfixed issues tied to it

take the avalon treasures for example,
an rng-mechanics, giving player A the treasure on legandary after 2 weeks
while player B doesn't get it after 6 month ...

there the quote of my old teacher realy fits "the dose makes the poison" ... it's the same here

rng can motivate you ... short term
rng can be a funny and interesting element ... if implemented right

but once it gets out of hand ... once it gets too much ... the players will start to get frustrated and lave

to quote you another player, who was extremely active until a few month ago :
" week after week i farm off my ass each and every day ... for what ? ... just, so that the game can reset me to zero at the end off the week ? ... just, so that i can start at the exact same point i was last week and the week before ? ... that's simply no fun anymore "

yes, these are things, which make you loose players
time passed and another issue came to light ... the lack of content ...

an by "lack of content" i don't mean timsinks "collect 1000000 millions of this and 1000000 millions of that" ...

the players more and more started to neglect the dailys ... they simply couldn't see these ever same mobs, they already killed each and every day for the last couple of month ... anymore

there was no variation ... nothing ... just always the same rout with the same mobs for the same rewards in the same fixed shedule, the game puts you in ...

the devs didn't understood,
that we wanted to play a game ... not to work a part-time job disguised as a game

and : it took away so much time ... for what ?

so again, players left ...
a leader of my last guild for example left, she had stuff going on in RL and didn't had the time needed for astellia anymore
another player, a rather active streamer, also left the game during that time ...
and a third one realy disliked the fact, that the game always tried to push you into some kind of fixed shedule ...

yes, it was all their own personal stuff going on ...
and yes, it was only his personal opinion, that he didn't liked getting pushed into a scedule ... where he felt like having to play each and every day to not miss out something ... but in the end it is another reason for the game to loose some of it's most active players

time flew by ... miodan came ... but nothing realy changed ...

avalon started to die out ... the numbers dropping from week to week
and at some point even active pvp'ers started to leave ... either, becouse they had no realy competition anymore ... no players to kill in there or becouse it simply wasn't the big announced 300v300v300 mass pvp they expected to get

and now ? ... where are we now ?

at a point, where you have the old dailys combined to a new weekly ...
a weekly, where you kill the ever same mobs you killed since the last 9 month ...
a weekly, which takes even more time to finish than the old dailys with less rewards for them

so everything criticiced ... they kept it ... or made it even worse

and what about dungeons ? ... the limiting ticketsystem ... pushing you into playing, when you don't want to [otherwise you'll waste tickets] ... and preventing you from playing, when you want to [you know how often i already heard the "sorry out of tickets, have to run later with static, already promised to X to run with him] ...

especially the new dungeon ... a single boss ... killed in 5 minutes ... exclusively dropping (as the only dungeon to get them) the new astels and the chance on direct T2 eq

anybody realy thinks, that this will help to keep players motivated ?

and the unnanounced changes [like the crafting elements, like the swap of skills between subclasses, etc] certainly don't help to actually give a feeling of trustworthyness to the player ...

the warrior with stick in hand is a nice joke already btw ;)
and the problem realy is ... that nobody nows what to actually expect anymore ...
when will the next unnanounced change make crafting elements worthless over night ...
when will the next change swap my skills ... or force me into getting new gear ...

and what about the events ...
ok, sure ... we now have the paper tiger events [get X coins for the casino royale slotmachine]

ok, sure ... we had the free-astel card hand out to inactive players ...

oh, wait ... sorry ... i meant the rng astel card hand out
some inactive players didn't got one
some highly active players got one
other just as active players didn't

a lootring or half of the new mount worth of astel cards handed out 100% via rng mechanics
with no fix in sight ... with no indication of the willingness, to right their wrong

ok, we have these paper tiger events
but when was the last time, you have seen a real event ?

when was the last time, an event told you to go out there and kill something
the last time, you actually got content ... you haven't alrady seen each and every single day

when was the last time you have seen real events ...
like santa-braga during christmas ... like last years halloween ... like the spider or dogahvie event

when was the last time you have seen an event, which wasn't everyday content ...
an event, which brought change ... which added some kind of variation and new possibility into the gameplay ...

just think about it for a second

GoVirgo

Astellian
Sep 26, 2019
case 4 : genderunlock ... aside from the information, that they working on it and will release it shortly after release [an information handed out nearly a year ago] ... and the massage "we mention, that we don't mention it within our roadmap" ... nothing
I am not very happy they mention nothing about this either. But I also understand this work is not a minor thing because they have to create sex based new things (e.g. new motions and gear designs, etc), and again they may not know how/when this will be accomplished. I hope they say something about it soon.

case 5 : what the "pve-crybabys" asked for was not a split of avalon into war and peace ... but rather the possibility, to aquire zender and treasures outside of pvp gameplay ... what they wanted was a pve counterpart to avalon with equal rewards ...

where the player would have to choose, if he wants to gain his treasures and zender via pve or pvp gameplay [either or ... not both ...]

nobody ever asked for them to split avalon itself ... what was asked for was a pve-counterpart to it
the outcome is not the fault of the crticis ...
Nobody suggested good alternative for getting zender. I understand devs had to make decision to split the Avalon because creating new counter contents could be less cost effective. I only added my personal opinion (that I prefer PvP in Avalon), and the point here is that they tried to listen!

case 6 : the players complained about the dailys feeling repetative after such a long time ... about not having variation within them ... and about them taking up an extremely large ammount of time

instead of adding more variation to these astel-coin dailys they choos, to let us kill the same old mobs we killing since months
instead of reducing the time consumption of them (like they mentioned in their update), they implemented a quest, which takes longer in total than all of the previous one combined ...

and i honestly can't remember any player ever telling them something about wanting less astel-coins as reward ...
have you ever heard that from any player in the game
I agree that new players may take more time to complete the new weekly quests, but I think this is something how you view the game play differently. It has been equal reward for all players before the update. But now the developers may wanted that new players need to put more effort if they wanted to get the same amount of reward as old players. It's like dungeons. You get less reward for easy dungeons, but more rewards for difficult dungeons. similarly, here for this new weekly quest, you get relatively more reward for old players (i.e. more reward per hour). I think personally that you can't simply criticize on this issue if you consider this aspect. But I do agree this update is not welcomed by majority, but I believe Devs had this reason to update the quest this way. I agree that overall it takes more time for the same amount of rewards, and I understand people are not happy about it. But they tried to remove daily quest burden, but it was not that smart enough, I guess. They will need to put more thoughts on this, and I hope they improve a bit more. But overall, it's not too bad. If you don't want to do active farming like 3-4 hours a week (it takes 2 hours for me), you can simply do AFK (it takes about 8 hours for me) and you really don't care how long you do AFK if you can do overnight AFK.

but what was it again, during their patchday ... they announced a change in stat-bonus of certain subclasses and said that others would be delayed

the player than had to find out : oh, and they implemented an ap-reg skill
the player than had to find out : oh, and the changed the strenght of the effects
the player than had to find out : oh, cool ... they not even changed the bonus on items ... but also the basic stats ... even for the subclasses, where no change was announced for

sorry, but if a player has to find out what they even changed, becouse it's not in the patchnotes
than that's much ... but definitly not good communication
Oh I do want they make it clearer about their patch note, and I hope they have more time to make more detailed patch note. But if they are really focusing on big updates and put less effort on making detailed patch note, I would understand that. This is not hugely game breaking things at all, so I am not so unhappy about that.

The rest of things you mentioned... yes, they could have simply fixed it. I don't know why it takes so much time, but again I don't think those are game breaking things.

Again, I still think their communication with players are not too bad. It may take some more time than expected for them to fix/respond to certain things. I am pointing out that they are not completely ignoring ppls but actually quite surprisingly (in my opinion) they are trying to listen and respond if they can.

There are different opinions about avalon treasures. I don't like RNG breaking things either, but you can still easily make level 5 treasures which have barely no difference from legendary level. It won't make any huge difference whether you are lucky to have legendary level or a bit less lucky to have less grade treasures.

I don't know what you are talking about messing up crafting. Perhaps, affected ppls were minor. But that doesn't mean they didn't have to let ppls know before that happens. I also hope they say things in advance so that ppls are not surprised.

Lastly, about the astel cards for returning ppls, they could have done better job like giving out additional cards to actually returning ppls after make it fair to give all ppls first. However, they've already done their own fix things (removing coupons) although that was not that smart. I think after that point, it could have been more difficult to fix it better.

Last edited:

GoVirgo

Astellian
Sep 26, 2019
well, you know ... since i play the game i have seen many players leave already ...

i started the game together with a few other players i know from another game,
since it was you're typical asia-grinder, they where already pretty much grinding ressistent

the game started and ... well ... everyone enjoyed it
the hopes the players had into the game was quite huge ... after all, it was the first real new thing on the horizon in the last couple of ... well ... a verry long time at least

and the beginning was real fun ... the leveling phase ... the environment ... to push your character up ... to learn the different aspects of the game ... and to get to know you're astels a little better

every single player i talked with was on the exact same page there ... it's fun ... especially the leveling phase was something so highly praised, you can't imagine ...

but than the problems started to come ...

once, the players reached the endcontent ...
reached the dungeons ... saw the gamemechanics within them ... run them over and over again ... they started to feel, that there's something lacking ...

the decicions made, to drop legandary gear out of every box during the first week ...
and to nerf the droprate down to literally zero after it definitly didn't helped, to encourage the players there

so the first ones left ...

the game continued ... the everdaily daily ... seen you're hundrest time ... the same old dungeon run for you're ... you didn't even counted anymore ... everythings done ... everythings finished ...

and the big content ... the shining star everybody was waiting for
the "real" endgamecontent ... finally it was announced ... avalon

avalon came out ... players entered ... and ... as thank you they received a trade block ...

at the beginning, the players joined it ...
the activity was realy high for the first few weeks,
but it soon showed, that it was an unfair/unbalanced mess

at that time i was in one of the largest guilds of our server ...
we got matched into the same faction ... over ... and over ... and over again ... 11 out of 13 weeks directly at start we were in the same faction,
meanwhile others were able and allowed, to take the weeklys twice ... each and every week

naturally that already was a pretty dissapointing fact

especially, since the easy solution [to set the reset of avalon to the reset of the avalon dailys] is something suggested since month ... and yet still we have one day during the week, where you can get to make them a second time ... if you have rng on you're side and get matched into another faction that is

the behavior of certain players than certainly also didn't exactly help, to make it more interesting for the "normale players" ...
in the end, you took over a stone ... and had to stand right next to the stone exactly when he got free ... otherwise ... ne weekly for you anymore

the suggestion, to seperate these pve and pvp gameplay a little better ...
or to give the quests automatically to anyone, who where there when the stone got taken ... ignored

avalon itself managed, to tear appart entire guilds and to make quite a lot players leave the game
partially becouse of the high hopes the players had into it
partially becouse of the unfixed issues tied to it

take the avalon treasures for example,
an rng-mechanics, giving player A the treasure on legandary after 2 weeks
while player B doesn't get it after 6 month ...

there the quote of my old teacher realy fits "the dose makes the poison" ... it's the same here

rng can motivate you ... short term
rng can be a funny and interesting element ... if implemented right

but once it gets out of hand ... once it gets too much ... the players will start to get frustrated and lave

to quote you another player, who was extremely active until a few month ago :
" week after week i farm off my ass each and every day ... for what ? ... just, so that the game can reset me to zero at the end off the week ? ... just, so that i can start at the exact same point i was last week and the week before ? ... that's simply no fun anymore "

yes, these are things, which make you loose players
time passed and another issue came to light ... the lack of content ...

an by "lack of content" i don't mean timsinks "collect 1000000 millions of this and 1000000 millions of that" ...

the players more and more started to neglect the dailys ... they simply couldn't see these ever same mobs, they already killed each and every day for the last couple of month ... anymore

there was no variation ... nothing ... just always the same rout with the same mobs for the same rewards in the same fixed shedule, the game puts you in ...

the devs didn't understood,
that we wanted to play a game ... not to work a part-time job disguised as a game

and : it took away so much time ... for what ?

so again, players left ...
a leader of my last guild for example left, she had stuff going on in RL and didn't had the time needed for astellia anymore
another player, a rather active streamer, also left the game during that time ...
and a third one realy disliked the fact, that the game always tried to push you into some kind of fixed shedule ...

yes, it was all their own personal stuff going on ...
and yes, it was only his personal opinion, that he didn't liked getting pushed into a scedule ... where he felt like having to play each and every day to not miss out something ... but in the end it is another reason for the game to loose some of it's most active players

time flew by ... miodan came ... but nothing realy changed ...

avalon started to die out ... the numbers dropping from week to week
and at some point even active pvp'ers started to leave ... either, becouse they had no realy competition anymore ... no players to kill in there or becouse it simply wasn't the big announced 300v300v300 mass pvp they expected to get

and now ? ... where are we now ?

at a point, where you have the old dailys combined to a new weekly ...
a weekly, where you kill the ever same mobs you killed since the last 9 month ...
a weekly, which takes even more time to finish than the old dailys with less rewards for them

so everything criticiced ... they kept it ... or made it even worse

and what about dungeons ? ... the limiting ticketsystem ... pushing you into playing, when you don't want to [otherwise you'll waste tickets] ... and preventing you from playing, when you want to [you know how often i already heard the "sorry out of tickets, have to run later with static, already promised to X to run with him] ...

especially the new dungeon ... a single boss ... killed in 5 minutes ... exclusively dropping (as the only dungeon to get them) the new astels and the chance on direct T2 eq

anybody realy thinks, that this will help to keep players motivated ?

and the unnanounced changes [like the crafting elements, like the swap of skills between subclasses, etc] certainly don't help to actually give a feeling of trustworthyness to the player ...

the warrior with stick in hand is a nice joke already btw ;)
and the problem realy is ... that nobody nows what to actually expect anymore ...
when will the next unnanounced change make crafting elements worthless over night ...
when will the next change swap my skills ... or force me into getting new gear ...

and what about the events ...
ok, sure ... we now have the paper tiger events [get X coins for the casino royale slotmachine]

ok, sure ... we had the free-astel card hand out to inactive players ...

oh, wait ... sorry ... i meant the rng astel card hand out
some inactive players didn't got one
some highly active players got one
other just as active players didn't

a lootring or half of the new mount worth of astel cards handed out 100% via rng mechanics
with no fix in sight ... with no indication of the willingness, to right their wrong

ok, we have these paper tiger events
but when was the last time, you have seen a real event ?

when was the last time, an event told you to go out there and kill something
the last time, you actually got content ... you haven't alrady seen each and every single day

when was the last time you have seen real events ...
like santa-braga during christmas ... like last years halloween ... like the spider or dogahvie event

when was the last time you have seen an event, which wasn't everyday content ...
an event, which brought change ... which added some kind of variation and new possibility into the gameplay ...

just think about it for a second
Sorry but I am confused what you are trying to say here. All I could say is,

If the game is overall fun, then you keep playing.

If not, find another game that you like.

Please just don't make the same negative reviews over and over again, which could be simply your own feeling and opinion if you really like the game because it will definitely give bad impression to new players. There is a system you can do which is called ticket system. Go there and submit your tickets.

Terala

Astellian
May 22, 2020
Sorry but I am confused what you are trying to say here. All I could say is,

If the game is overall fun, then you keep playing.

If not, find another game that you like.
the point is, that the gam was/is fun,
but that i am highly concerned, that their behavior and decicions will lead to the (and partially already does) ruin these fun for me

and i am making these negative reviews exactly in the hope, that they might take them to heart and change it for the positive ...
now they would still have these opportunity / possibility to change for the better

There is a system you can do which is called ticket system. Go there and submit your tickets.
and what if they don't care about things like their mess up with the astel cards ?

GoVirgo

Astellian
Sep 26, 2019
Hello, i agree that dev seems to fix critical issues or minor issues they introduced after update quite fast if reported. Its better than nothing ...but it is far from being enough. It is the bare minimum.

As other said we ask for bigger content and this since february 2020. Yea we got tulie...it was decent area but too easy to complete compared to other areas.

About kr version closed down because of p2w....its not true im sorry but studio8 sold to russian gamenet publisher astellia.... and it has as much p2w as kr version from nexon and studio8 seems fine with it.

What is worrying me like someone said is the lack of upcoming content previews and communications, the lack of info about astellia royal which seem to be according to official news a new server with p2w elements ....for korea first then global. So what will happen to our current version?!

Price for base game is too expensive too. I think the other say its not western quality in term of engine/translations issues/ obvious bug issues... compared to other western mmo astellia is less optimized because of ue3 and have obvious issues from start. Its negative for players starting the game. They need to polish it even more.
Well, I am not a spokeman of Studio8, but I heard from a former developer friend (not astellia) that if they want to provide a service, both publishers and developers agree on a certain thing. Perhaps Russian pupblisher wanted to go P2W like Nexon thinking it would make more profit in Russia. If they could not find publishers wanting to go non-P2W in Ruassia, then Studio8 had to go with P2W system. Developers have EU and NA servers that are not P2W, whcih I believe they would think more successful without P2W.

Lack of clear vision is worrisome, I agree. But they've already announced a roadmap and trying to follow it while they don't say anything about delays. I know it's not ideal and hope they put more effort on this aspect too.

GoVirgo

Astellian
Sep 26, 2019
the point is, that the gam was/is fun,
but that i am highly concerned, that their behavior and decicions will lead to the (and partially already does) ruin these fun for me

and i am making these negative reviews exactly in the hope, that they might take them to heart and change it for the positive ...
now they would still have these opportunity / possibility to change for the better

and what if they don't care about things like their mess up with the astel cards ?
I noticed you make quite large amount of posts in both forums and discord. That means you could be one of the most influential ppls to new players. So there you need to be careful about what you are talking about. That means you might have more responsibility of what you post.

Would you be happy if new ppls don't come because of your posts while you do want them come?

Studio 8 cannot respond to every ppls request. We just report what we think important to be fixed. That's what I do through the ticket system. But I make very clear background why that has to be fixed to convince devs otherwise they don't know why it is necessary. I hope you do the same thing so that they listen to what you want.

We can discuss what could be improved here and make constructive feedbacks (like you said, alternatives), but simply repeating negative things over and over again is not constructive at all and can make bad influence to new ppls, not to mention devs would listen. If you were the devs, would you be happy with ppls that make negative reviews over and over about your game and willing to listen to whatever they are crying about which could be very stupid idea as well?

Last edited:
Reactions: Caz

Terala

Astellian
May 22, 2020
Well, I am not a spokeman of Studio8, but I heard from a former developer friend (not astellia) that if they want to provide a service, both publishers and developers agree on a certain thing. Perhaps Russian pupblisher wanted to go P2W like Nexon thinking it would make more profit in Russia. If they could not find publishers wanting to go non-P2W in Ruassia, then Studio8 had to go with P2W system. Developers have EU and NA servers that are not P2W, whcih I believe they would think more successful without P2W.

Lack of clear vision is worrisome, I agree. But they've already announced a roadmap and trying to follow it while they don't say anything about delays. I know it's not ideal and hope they put more effort on this aspect too.
that ones true actually ...
it usually is the one with the money in hand (so the publisher) who decides, which financing concept he follows

Edit : and yes, of course we could discuss about it

Last edited:

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
I agree with many points from GoVirgo. They try. There are devs that care way less.

They even listened to stupid as hell feedback which in the end ruined Avalon, but oh well, some few players that cried as loud as if they were thousands wanted it like this.