- Jan 23, 2019
Communication with our community has always been at the forefront of our focus at for us. While it hasn’t been perfect on our end, we continue to strive towards improving this process. All the more so in instances when we didn’t get it exactly right, like today. During these times, we feel it’s incredibly important to be candid with our players, letting you know what’s happening behind the scenes and what actions are being taken.
At this very moment we are examining our internal process for areas for improvement such as, providing detailed and complete patch notes, better accuracy when conveying important information, and refining our localization process to enhance the overall experience when playing Astellia. In the case of the most recent patch, we’ve been reviewing player feedback and determined a few key areas of concern that we wanted to comment on:
- Event Vendor Prices: The listed prices in the original event post were in fact inaccurate, the current prices in-game are correct. Please note that you can earn 500 of the Event Candy Currency from the daily quest each day of the event.
- Event Dungeon: We are aware of the issue with Creeper becoming invulnerable during his recharge stage, along with Eligos’ disappearing permanently in mid fight and will be working to fix these two issues as soon as possible.
- Missing Astels: We are aware and are currently investigating the reports of Astels that have gone missing after the patch.
- Incorrect Astel Picture: We are aware of and working to resolve the incorrect image being displayed in one of the Astel card packs.
- Karza’s Treasures: The adjustments to Karza’s Treasures are part of an ongoing set of general balancing adjustments for Astellia. We are collecting player feedback regarding these preliminary changes, and encourage you to share your insights with us.
- The Astellia Team
[Update | 10/25]
As promised, today we’re providing an update on the previously mentioned issues in the post above. In conjunction with this, we’re also sharing additional insights into upcoming adjustments for Astellia, and the reasoning behind these changes. Without further ado, let’s jump into it:
- The incorrect game code appearing in the in-game text "0x000d" has been resolved as of a client hotfix applied early this morning (10/24).
- Beeswax causing some users to experience a client crash and/or error code 217 upon use has been resolved as of a client hotfix applied early this morning (10/24).
- Halloween event dungeon boss becoming stuck in an invulnerable state (During Recharge Phase) will be fixed in a maintenance early next week.
- Class Evolution being displaying incorrect and confusing information will be fixed in a maintenance early next week.
- The Astels that went on an unintended vacation this week will be returned to their rightful homes by next weeks maintenance at the latest.
Our process for applying changes to Astellia has always been to take measured steps, utilizing game data and player insights to further refine and tune these adjustments before moving on. The rationale behind this approach, is to allow our team to more accurately see the impact of these modifications, and issue corrections if necessary.Game Changes
The current change, applied during this week's patch, was the first stage of an overall balancing pass due to be applied to Astellia over the next several weeks. After examining the game data and player feedback over the course of this week, it became clear the change was excessive and the reduction will be changed from 50% to 30%.
In addition to this, we will be examining the Treasure system as a whole, for both underperforming and over performing elements, and making revisions where necessary.
Maximum Astel Rank:
Astels are one of the core systems of Astellia, and is another area we are currently focusing on for rebalancing. The intent of this system is to provide useful battle companions, players can customize and improve throughout their adventures in Astellia.
Previously players are able to achieve Astel Star ranks in excess of 8+, this was not intended to be available this early on, we planned for this to come with Item Synthesis later this year, as the combat ability of Astels at this rank outperforms the difficulty of available game content.
To correct this, the maximum Astel rank will be capped at 7 stars, this means that once your Astel reaches rank seven they will continue to gain EXP (your effort is not wasted), this exp will be in place for when we raise the Star Rank Cap, the Astels will rank up instantly and automatically. Please Note: The 6 players in total exceeded Star Rank 7 with an Astel, will not lose any of the previously earned Astel EXP.
High rank Astels (7+) have the capacity to greatly impact the outcome of many aspects of combat within Astellia. Most notably in instances of PvP, where this could lead to unintended imbalances. To address this as we prepare to enable Avalon, we will be revising the amount of Experience needed to level Astels above rank 7.
Astel Card Packs:
In addition to the above adjustments to the maximum Astel ranks, we will be removing 4 & 5 Star Rank Astels from the Astel Card Packs, increasing the rate in which 2 Star Astels can be received to just slightly below 1 Star Astels, and nearly doubling the rate at which 3 Star Astels can be received.
The goal behind these changes is to ensure a smoother overall rate of progression, removing the reliance and potential frustration of relying on luck to receive a 4 or 5 star Astel. While not negatively impacting the rate at which Astel Rank EXP is gained.
The result we expect to see from this, is an overall increase in the number of players that have achieved rank 5+ Astels, while diminishing the growing gap in progression from a small number of lucky players.