Communication, Patch Notes, and more... [Update | 10/25]

CM Aethon

Community Manager
Jan 23, 2019

Greetings Astellians,

Communication with our community has always been at the forefront of our focus at for us. While it hasn’t been perfect on our end, we continue to strive towards improving this process. All the more so in instances when we didn’t get it exactly right, like today. During these times, we feel it’s incredibly important to be candid with our players, letting you know what’s happening behind the scenes and what actions are being taken.

At this very moment we are examining our internal process for areas for improvement such as, providing detailed and complete patch notes, better accuracy when conveying important information, and refining our localization process to enhance the overall experience when playing Astellia. In the case of the most recent patch, we’ve been reviewing player feedback and determined a few key areas of concern that we wanted to comment on:
  • Event Vendor Prices: The listed prices in the original event post were in fact inaccurate, the current prices in-game are correct. Please note that you can earn 500 of the Event Candy Currency from the daily quest each day of the event.
  • Event Dungeon: We are aware of the issue with Creeper becoming invulnerable during his recharge stage, along with Eligos’ disappearing permanently in mid fight and will be working to fix these two issues as soon as possible.
  • Missing Astels: We are aware and are currently investigating the reports of Astels that have gone missing after the patch.
  • Incorrect Astel Picture: We are aware of and working to resolve the incorrect image being displayed in one of the Astel card packs.
  • Karza’s Treasures: The adjustments to Karza’s Treasures are part of an ongoing set of general balancing adjustments for Astellia. We are collecting player feedback regarding these preliminary changes, and encourage you to share your insights with us.
Throughout this week we will continue to work to resolve issues, collect insights shared with us by our community members, and actively share updates on our progress. We thank you for your continued support as we continue to work to improve Astellia.

- The Astellia Team

[Update | 10/25]

Greetings Astellians,

As promised, today we’re providing an update on the previously mentioned issues in the post above. In conjunction with this, we’re also sharing additional insights into upcoming adjustments for Astellia, and the reasoning behind these changes. Without further ado, let’s jump into it:

Bug Fixes
  • The incorrect game code appearing in the in-game text "0x000d" has been resolved as of a client hotfix applied early this morning (10/24).
  • Beeswax causing some users to experience a client crash and/or error code 217 upon use has been resolved as of a client hotfix applied early this morning (10/24).
  • Halloween event dungeon boss becoming stuck in an invulnerable state (During Recharge Phase) will be fixed in a maintenance early next week.
  • Class Evolution being displaying incorrect and confusing information will be fixed in a maintenance early next week.
  • The Astels that went on an unintended vacation this week will be returned to their rightful homes by next weeks maintenance at the latest.
Game Changes
Our process for applying changes to Astellia has always been to take measured steps, utilizing game data and player insights to further refine and tune these adjustments before moving on. The rationale behind this approach, is to allow our team to more accurately see the impact of these modifications, and issue corrections if necessary.

Karza’s Treasure:
The current change, applied during this week's patch, was the first stage of an overall balancing pass due to be applied to Astellia over the next several weeks. After examining the game data and player feedback over the course of this week, it became clear the change was excessive and the reduction will be changed from 50% to 30%.​
In addition to this, we will be examining the Treasure system as a whole, for both underperforming and over performing elements, and making revisions where necessary.​
Maximum Astel Rank:
Astels are one of the core systems of Astellia, and is another area we are currently focusing on for rebalancing. The intent of this system is to provide useful battle companions, players can customize and improve throughout their adventures in Astellia.​
Previously players are able to achieve Astel Star ranks in excess of 8+, this was not intended to be available this early on, we planned for this to come with Item Synthesis later this year, as the combat ability of Astels at this rank outperforms the difficulty of available game content.​
To correct this, the maximum Astel rank will be capped at 7 stars, this means that once your Astel reaches rank seven they will continue to gain EXP (your effort is not wasted), this exp will be in place for when we raise the Star Rank Cap, the Astels will rank up instantly and automatically. Please Note: The 6 players in total exceeded Star Rank 7 with an Astel, will not lose any of the previously earned Astel EXP.​
High rank Astels (7+) have the capacity to greatly impact the outcome of many aspects of combat within Astellia. Most notably in instances of PvP, where this could lead to unintended imbalances. To address this as we prepare to enable Avalon, we will be revising the amount of Experience needed to level Astels above rank 7.​
Astel Card Packs:
In addition to the above adjustments to the maximum Astel ranks, we will be removing 4 & 5 Star Rank Astels from the Astel Card Packs, increasing the rate in which 2 Star Astels can be received to just slightly below 1 Star Astels, and nearly doubling the rate at which 3 Star Astels can be received.​
The goal behind these changes is to ensure a smoother overall rate of progression, removing the reliance and potential frustration of relying on luck to receive a 4 or 5 star Astel. While not negatively impacting the rate at which Astel Rank EXP is gained.​
The result we expect to see from this, is an overall increase in the number of players that have achieved rank 5+ Astels, while diminishing the growing gap in progression from a small number of lucky players.​

Last edited:

buismor

Astellian
Aug 5, 2019
Event Vendor Prices: In my opinion the prices should have been as they were written in the event announcement, as after we get the costume for 4000 event tokens, there is 0 incentive to even bother with the event if we can only get at most 2 buff candies a day. But if the prices were same as announced then it would be better. Not even counting the Eligos skin as that can be bought from the Auction House for very cheap considering its decent drop rate from the event dungeon.

Event Dungeon: I in particular didn't manage to run into the bugs, but I didn't bother running the dungeon too many times, as it being a lvl 35 dungeon and not lvl 50 takes out any good drops aside from the Eligos skin out of it. Wasn't it possible to make it a lvl 50 dungeon that even lvl 35's could clear it? Other then that bugs happen and since the devs are aware of it then a fix will most likely come, possibly asap.

Missing Astels: Bugs happen, will get fixed

Incorrect Astel Picture: Bugs happen, will get fixed.

Karza's Treasure: The big elephant in the room. I for one understand the need for balancing, but doing it on items that people have worked hard to get without any prior announcement isn't the way to go about balancing. Not to mention, at least in my opinion, Karza's Treasures weren't that strong that even needed a nerf to begin with, especially since Karza's Treasures with deck effects don't count the 2nd treasure if it has the same deck effect of the 1st treasure. In short the nerf on Karza's Treasures should be taken back and raise them back to their former values.

iNSoMNiA

Astellian
Oct 5, 2019
  • Karza’s Treasures: The adjustments to Karza’s Treasures are part of an ongoing set of general balancing adjustments for Astellia. We are collecting player feedback regarding these preliminary changes, and encourage you to share your insights with us.
Throughout this week we will continue to work to resolve issues, collect insights shared with us by our community members, and actively share updates on our progress. We thank you for your continued support as we continue to work to improve Astellia.

- The Astellia Team
Ok , but may ask what about others Treasures which is drop from normal dungeon is still low chance VS legendary dungeons they drop much now after adjustment .. it will be unfair Tanks,Heals they take it easy from legendary dungeon but for other classes still need to farm low lvl dungeons with low chance for drop !!

Larafey

Astellian
Jun 26, 2019
I see this in a positive Light (really) with all of your efforts. But (the big But), i do hope there is some content in the Line for us or boring Poison will spread

in the meantime, keep up the good work

edit:
I will not reply here on this to avoid problems for all of us

Dziobus

Astellian
Oct 16, 2019
Ok , but may ask what about others Treasures which is drop from normal dungeon is still low chance VS legendary dungeons they drop much now after adjustment .. it will be unfair Tanks,Heals they take it easy from legendary dungeon but for other classes still need to farm low lvl dungeons with low chance for drop !!
Everyone can get them from the legendary dungeons, if you are not good enough yet, play the game upgrade and level up your specialty and then run legendary dungeons, there is literally nothing holding you back from it except yourself.

iNSoMNiA

Astellian
Oct 5, 2019
Everyone can get them from the legendary dungeons, if you are not good enough yet, play the game upgrade and level up your specialty and then run legendary dungeons, there is literally nothing holding you back from it except yourself.

who said i'm not doing legendary runs LOL ! im more than 6.5k CP i can do legendary run easily and smoothly

what i'm saying the drop rate for Treasure for DPS classes like Dmg, Crit , Accuracy drop in NORMAL dungeon which is still low chance not like the Legendary Dungeon which is drop HP/Def/Healing for Tank heal class Easy high chance

i wish u understand what i'm saying

Killuelihie

Astellian
Oct 11, 2019
Translation for Insomnia:

Tanks and Healer can get their Treasures easily from Legendary Dungeons, as the Dungeons we DDs need for our Treasures arent implemented yet.
So we DDs have crappy up till nonexistent Droprates for our Treasures, as the Tanks/Healers can bath in theirs after the increased Leg-Dungeon Droprates^^

Reactions: Jynn and iNSoMNiA

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
what i'm saying the drop rate for Treasure for DPS classes like Dmg, Crit , Accuracy drop in NORMAL dungeon which is still low chance not like the Legendary Dungeon which is drop HP/Def/Healing for Tank heal class Easy high chance
spellpower also drops in normal dungeons ... just saying
magic attack too ... the mana one also only comes from normal dungeons ... the ones for astels also ...

i think your missing a few points in your list

Taeyang

Astellian
Sep 23, 2019
How about the Class Evolutions being bugged for people under 5 stars ? i dont see any mention of this

Reactions: Ryan

Zwiebel

Astellian
Jul 4, 2019
I understand the need for rebalancing some of the Karza treasures and applaud this decision. Some evasion values on these items were absolutely insane especially when stacked.

I also felt that 9 points on a single deck effect was too much. But 5 for legendary? Thats rough considering their rarity (at least the ones who dont have legendary dungeons yet). Maybe like 7 for legendary, 5 for epic and 3 for rare quality instead of 5/4/3?

iNSoMNiA

Astellian
Oct 5, 2019

Tanks and Healer can get their Treasures easily from Legendary Dungeons, as the Dungeons we DDs need for our Treasures arent implemented yet.
So we DDs have crappy up till nonexistent Droprates for our Treasures, as the Tanks/Healers can bath in theirs after the increased Leg-Dungeon Droprates^^
thanks for help on that :LOL:

spellpower also drops in normal dungeons ... just saying
magic attack too ... the mana one also only comes from normal dungeons ... the ones for astels also ...

i think your missing a few points in your list
i'm already mention the DMG as below which DMG = both P.Attack or M.attack ;);)

for spell power there is one drop for healing statue from crimson drops

For other are secondary choice not a mandatory like DMG or Crit

who said i'm not doing legendary runs LOL ! i'm more than 6.5k CP i can do legendary run easily and smoothly

i wish u understand what i'm saying

Kristian999

Astellian
Oct 23, 2019
Hello, i just came to ask if the people who lost their astels will get some compensation or something like this. Because of the new patch my rota which was 8 stars with 14k hp was turned into 0 stars and my Sirius was 8 stars around 2150 points nearing 9 stars which got complitle deleted like i never even got the card. After 30 days of runing few dozen level 15 dungeons per day like an imbesile i manage to make my favorite astels to such a high level only to be deleted. With this patch my interest in this game die and i am loging 1 time per day only to see if they are back but they are not. If i don't get compensated for my mising days then i will not going to even go back in that game. Whats the point maybe next time i will lose all my astels and i will have to wait again until someone figure it out. And i honestly wanted this game to be like my retirement thing. I'm not young anymore i cant affort looking for a new game to start again and i wanted to spend few years here and just do my daily life things. I'm sorry if my message was anoying or something like that but honestly this issue literally made me question shoud i just quit playing games forever and i really like games but i don't see any point anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: Oklmq and Caeldori

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
i realy would wish, that peaple wouldn't be so impatient nowadays

they are already aware of the problem,
so how about giving them a few days, to look into it and figure out, what happened and what can be done about it

yes, it's annoying ...
but bugs, errors and problems can happen

the important thing is, how they'll handle them
and there i'd say it's better, that they take themself the time needed ... than just rushing out something and bringing more errors in the long run with it

tL:dR
just give them a little time, to figure everything out and to decide how to handle the situation

[we had 1:1 the exact comments during the zender dissapearance ... just saying]

Caeldori

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
Hello, i just came to ask if the people who lost their astels will get some compensation or something like this. Because of the new patch my rota which was 8 stars with 14k hp was turned into 0 stars and my Sirius was 8 stars around 2150 points nearing 9 stars which got complitle deleted like i never even got the card. After 30 days of runing few dozen level 15 dungeons per day like an imbesile i manage to make my favorite astels to such a high level only to be deleted. With this patch my interest in this game die and i am loging 1 time per day only to see if they are back but they are not. If i don't get compensated for my mising days then i will not going to even go back in that game. Whats the point maybe next time i will lose all my astels and i will have to wait again until someone figure it out. And i honestly wanted this game to be like my retirement thing. I'm not young anymore i cant affort looking for a new game to start again and i wanted to spend few years here and just do my daily life things. I'm sorry if my message was anoying or something like that but honestly this issue literally made me question shoud i just quit playing games forever and i really like games but i don't see any point anymore.
they said they are looking into it.

Caeldori

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
i realy would wish, that peaple wouldn't be so impatient nowadays

they are already aware of the problem,
so how about giving them a few days, to look into it and figure out, what happened and what can be done about it

yes, it's annoying ...
but bugs, errors and problems can happen

the important thing is, how they'll handle them
and there i'd say it's better, that they take themself the time needed ... than just rushing out something and bringing more errors in the long run with it

tL:dR
just give them a little time, to figure everything out and to decide how to handle the situation

[we had 1:1 the exact comments during the zender dissapearance ... just saying]
they fixed the zender thing in a day so they should be able to fix this too.

Younai

Astellian
Aug 20, 2019
So intense.... Just wait u will get them back

Theres a legendary version of all dungeons just wait till they add them and all treasures will drop like candys

Reactions: Caeldori