Communication, Patch Notes, and more... [Update | 10/25]

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019
A new event dungeon has been added, full of festive decorations and Halloween themed monsters.

The minimum level requirement to participate is level 35, and will cost 2 dungeon tickets upon entry.

The rewards for completing the dungeon are as follows:
  • Nasty Smelling Candy Token (x10) [Guaranteed]
  • Eligos Astel Skin (The Candy King) [Chance to Drop]
  • Plus other basic dungeon rewards (similar to running a normal level appropriate dungeon)
Hey guy's,

i'm not seeing this drop is that just me?
Nasty Smelling Candy Token (x10) [Guaranteed]
I've always gotten it from the final boss.

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019
Ok I don't know if it happens to be coincidence or what, but the servers have crashed twice so far this morning and each time I've noticed some little graphical bugs have been cleared up (ones I've noticed fixed so far is the XP amounts are back for Character Enhancement and Teleport Map is now displaying Athalon properly instead of saying NONE).

I really am hoping that you did not bring the servers down with zero warning to fix these items; especially right after making a "We will improve our communication" post. Personally I have no issue with the servers come down to fix stuff (even little QoL items); it shows you are really working hard on improving them game, but please give some notice that you plan to do so. With the way the dungeon ticket system works and all that I would recommend to start sending out system messages 30 minutes in advance, then 15 min, 10 min, 5 min, 2 min, 1 min' this way people know exactly how long they have to get to a safe spot, and to not start anything major before server down.

If you just took advantage of the server crash to push these fixes; thats cool also, but a quick message somewhere saying you did goes a long way also. People don't like stealth nerfs, buffs, fixes, because then it gets them wondering what else you touched and didn't say anything about.

Reactions: Ryan

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
usually, they have this massages in place for planned maintanance ...
even the zenderfix [which happened at the same day within which the problem occured] was announced 30 to 40 minutes in advance ...

so either thay forgot it this time, or they took advantage of the crash [i didn't noticed any]
either way ... the pre-warning system does exist

LordSucu

Astellian
Oct 9, 2019
Im playing when they launch the hotfix for text errors... I play like 2 hs from that patch without any problem. when I restart the client got the update and thats it...

ForestWolf

Astellian
May 26, 2019
I am glad to see you are eager to improve your communication as well. I would suggest following improvements, that can easily be integrated into your communication:

1) Post full patch notes (even if you implement some "hidden" items for later content, just let us know else if there is a bug ppl will be wondering)
2) Post your plans for balance changes- players have no idea at the moment what changes are coming and if they should already prepare to switch to a different build due to changes or their core mechanics or investment

3) Road map - I cant stress it enough that every decent publisher announces the road map for future content releases and changes. I will dive a bit deeper on this one:

3a) Since we dont know when the T2 dungeons are coming out, a lot of players cant decide if they should invest in upgrading their current T1 gear to perfect stat +10, or keep it at semi-good +7. We dont know how hard the T2 dungeons will be, so if we should save up on high end cooking buffs and potions.

3b) You announced two more Astels coming, but again we dont know when, nor which role they will be, which dungeon they will be obtainable from, so if we should save up our star collers coins or not.

3c) Points that bothers competitive players the most: what are the arena rewards? When is the PvP season ending? Keeping rank 1 in Arena is having really bad effect on the Zender income, since we get almost no weekly points due to limited amount of matches because of hour long queue. We actually get punished and no reward at all for being top ranked.

3d) Avalon was one of the main advertising points of the game. Is it still coming this year?

I could go on with many more points, but if you would actually communicate us the points above, that would be a huge improvement already.

~

CM Aethon

Community Manager
Jan 23, 2019
[Update | 10/25]

Greetings Astellians,

As promised, today we’re providing an update on the previously mentioned issues in the post above. In conjunction with this, we’re also sharing additional insights into upcoming adjustments for Astellia, and the reasoning behind these changes. Without further ado, let’s jump into it:

Bug Fixes
  • The incorrect game code appearing in the in-game text "0x000d" has been resolved as of a client hotfix applied early this morning (10/24).
  • Beeswax causing some users to experience a client crash and/or error code 217 upon use has been resolved as of a client hotfix applied early this morning (10/24).
  • Halloween event dungeon boss becoming stuck in an invulnerable state (During Recharge Phase) will be fixed in a maintenance early next week.
  • Class Evolution being displaying incorrect and confusing information will be fixed in a maintenance early next week.
  • The Astels that went on an unintended vacation this week will be returned to their rightful homes by next weeks maintenance at the latest.
Game Changes
Our process for applying changes to Astellia has always been to take measured steps, utilizing game data and player insights to further refine and tune these adjustments before moving on. The rationale behind this approach, is to allow our team to more accurately see the impact of these modifications, and issue corrections if necessary.

Karza’s Treasure:
The current change, applied during this week's patch, was the first stage of an overall balancing pass due to be applied to Astellia over the next several weeks. After examining the game data and player feedback over the course of this week, it became clear the change was excessive and the reduction will be changed from 50% to 30%.​
In addition to this, we will be examining the Treasure system as a whole, for both underperforming and over performing elements, and making revisions where necessary.​
Maximum Astel Rank:
Astels are one of the core systems of Astellia, and is another area we are currently focusing on for rebalancing. The intent of this system is to provide useful battle companions, players can customize and improve throughout their adventures in Astellia.​
Previously players are able to achieve Astel Star ranks in excess of 8+, this was not intended to be available this early on, we planned for this to come with Item Synthesis later this year, as the combat ability of Astels at this rank outperforms the difficulty of available game content.​
To correct this, the maximum Astel rank will be capped at 7 stars, this means that once your Astel reaches rank seven they will continue to gain EXP (your effort is not wasted), this exp will be in place for when we raise the Star Rank Cap, the Astels will rank up instantly and automatically. Please Note: The 6 players in total exceeded Star Rank 7 with an Astel, will not lose any of the previously earned Astel EXP.​
High rank Astels (7+) have the capacity to greatly impact the outcome of many aspects of combat within Astellia. Most notably in instances of PvP, where this could lead to unintended imbalances. To address this as we prepare to enable Avalon, we will be revising the amount of Experience needed to level Astels above rank 7.​
Astel Card Packs:
In addition to the above adjustments to the maximum Astel ranks, we will be removing 4 & 5 Star Rank Astels from the Astel Card Packs, increasing the rate in which 2 Star Astels can be received to just slightly below 1 Star Astels, and nearly doubling the rate at which 3 Star Astels can be received.​
The goal behind these changes is to ensure a smoother overall rate of progression, removing the reliance and potential frustration of relying on luck to receive a 4 or 5 star Astel. While not negatively impacting the rate at which Astel Rank EXP is gained.​
The result we expect to see from this, is an overall increase in the number of players that have achieved rank 5+ Astels, while diminishing the growing gap in progression from a small number of lucky players.​

buismor

Astellian
Aug 5, 2019
[Update | 10/25]

Greetings Astellians,

As promised, today we’re providing an update on the previously mentioned issues in the post above. In conjunction with this, we’re also sharing additional insights into upcoming adjustments for Astellia, and the reasoning behind these changes. Without further ado, let’s jump into it:

• The incorrect game code appearing in the in-game text "0x000d" has been resolved as of a client hotfix applied early this morning (10/24).
  • Beeswax causing some users to experience a client crash and/or error code 217 upon use has been resolved as of a client hotfix applied early this morning (10/24).
  • Halloween event dungeon boss becoming stuck in an invulnerable state (During Recharge Phase) will be fixed in a maintenance early next week.
  • Class Evolution being displaying incorrect and confusing information will be fixed in a maintenance early next week.
  • The Astels that went on an unintended vacation this week will be returned to their rightful homes by next weeks maintenance at the latest.
Our process for applying changes to Astellia has always been to take measured steps, utilizing game data and player insights to further refine and tune these adjustments before moving on. The rationale behind this approach, is to allow our team to more accurately see the impact of these modifications, and issue corrections if necessary.

Karza’s Treasure:
The current change, applied during this week's patch, was the first stage of an overall balancing pass due to be applied to Astellia over the next several weeks. After examining the game data and player feedback over the course of this week, it became clear the change was excessive and the reduction will be changed from 50% to 30%.​
In addition to this, we will be examining the Treasure system as a whole, for both underperforming and over performing elements, and making revisions where necessary.​
Maximum Astel Rank:
Astels are one of the core systems of Astellia, and is another area we are currently focusing on for rebalancing. The intent of this system is to provide useful battle companions, players can customize and improve throughout their adventures in Astellia.​
Previously players are able to achieve Astel Star ranks in excess of 8+, this was not intended to be available this early on, we planned for this to come with Item Synthesis later this year, as the combat ability of Astels at this rank outperforms the difficulty of available game content.​
To correct this, the maximum Astel rank will be capped at 7 stars, this means that once your Astel reaches rank seven they will continue to gain EXP (your effort is not wasted), this exp will be in place for when we raise the Star Rank Cap, the Astels will rank up instantly and automatically. Please Note: The 6 players in total exceeded Star Rank 7 with an Astel, will not lose any of the previously earned Astel EXP.​
High rank Astels (7+) have the capacity to greatly impact the outcome of many aspects of combat within Astellia. Most notably in instances of PvP, where this could lead to unintended imbalances. To address this as we prepare to enable Avalon, we will be revising the amount of Experience needed to level Astels above rank 7.​
Astel Card Packs:
In addition to the above adjustments to the maximum Astel ranks, we will be removing 4 & 5 Star Rank Astels from the Astel Card Packs, increasing the rate in which 2 Star Astels can be received to just slightly below 1 Star Astels, and nearly doubling the rate at which 3 Star Astels can be received.​
The goal behind these changes is to ensure a smoother overall rate of progression, removing the reliance and potential frustration of relying on luck to receive a 4 or 5 star Astel. While not negatively impacting the rate at which Astel Rank EXP is gained.​
The result we expect to see from this, is an overall increase in the number of players that have achieved rank 5+ Astels, while diminishing the growing gap in progression from a small number of lucky players.​
Damn you guys work fast! overall I see no issues aside from the still nerfed treasures, albeit less! so we will need to see how big of an impact that nerf will be and the temporary cap of Astel stars, which is only temporary and shouldn't be much of an issue considering we will still get it lifted, hopefully soon. One question though, does the increased chance of 2 and 3 star Astels also include packs from dungeons that are opened automaticallty upon the bosses defeats? or does it only apply to packs that we need to open manually like the ones we get with Star Caller Coins?

Kristian999

Astellian
Oct 23, 2019
[Update | 10/25]

Greetings Astellians,

Maximum Astel Rank:
Astel Card Packs:
Really LOL, so you guys made me quit for 5 days becouse you deleted my 8 star astels, didn't tell me nothing no message no nothing no replay to my mails i was so **** angry and frustrated and now you just tell me that i have to be happy that you will give them back without any compensation? Also I guess it was too hard to send to 6 people a message to not panic and to not quit. And last for the last 5 days every time i try to change my astel deck i was getting same message "Can't edit the deck at this moment. Please try again later." Even if i want i can't use any astels like someone remove that fiture for me. I DEMAND COMPENSATION!

Last edited:

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
Really LOL, so you guys made me quit for 5 days becouse you deleted my 8 star astels
that was your decicion,
and that tickets within a small company take some time shouldn't surprise either

why can't peaple just give them a few days, to figure out the problem and THAN decide to leave, if nothing happens ...
why do peaple always have to ... imidiatly, best yesterday and even that'd be too late ... type of thinking ...

yes, there was a technical problem,
and yes, technical problems need time to get solved ...

if they'd don't say anything for a weak ... sure, i would 100% understand you ...
but to quit on the first day of a problem, without even giving them the time to look at it ...
sorry, that fault is at you ... not at them

they found a good solution for the avalon-incident,
they fixed the zender-issue within less than a day
they fixed the astel issue ...

every single issue, we had until now [localisation/translation aside] was fixed in an accetable timeframe ...
though, i agree ... a short note/sticky [or maybe some kind of "current status of known issues" list] "we know about the problem xy and are currently investigating it" ... would have been nice

overall i'd say, that the reduction of rng (even, if only at the astel-system yet) is something rather welcome and realy needed in my opinion and a step into the right direction

Last edited:
Reactions: Caeldori and Evo

Anghya

Astellian
Jul 1, 2019
[Update | 10/25]

Greetings Astellians,

As promised, today we’re providing an update on the previously mentioned issues in the post above. In conjunction with this, we’re also sharing additional insights into upcoming adjustments for Astellia, and the reasoning behind these changes. Without further ado, let’s jump into it.

That's the kind of communication I must appreciate, even though I may not entirely agree with in some points. Well done! :)

Xovian

Astellian
May 27, 2019
[Update | 10/25]

Karza’s Treasure:
In addition to this, we will be examining the Treasure system as a whole, for both under performing and over performing elements, and making revisions where necessary.​
You know i gotta ask, was this the real plan? /trollface​
Sorry, you know i had to. I give my thanks for listening to the players in this regard anyways.​
My sincere thanks.​
I am glad it is being lessened, however, the one burning question that has been asked by me, and others:​
Are Karza Treasures supposed to be unique or not?
I asked this several weeks ago and we still have not gotten the official word yet (after it was proven otherwise from what was said), can we please get an official response already?
Maximum Astel Rank:
Didn't effect me much since i only ever got that lucky with one of 6 characters. Got a 5 star when my Mage was level 4. Papilia at that level and that early i must admit was kinda nice. It felt like cheating, so i get this change at least. The cap i also get, though its affect will not likely be noticed by very many. I have a single 5*, and thats it, rest are 4 and below and building them up, even when "focusing on specifc ones" has been a real pain in the ass. This goes with your next point a bit though.​
Astel Card Packs:
You mean i might finally get Ram at more then 3 stars, since i only ever seem to get 10 points for him...
AMEN!! About time! WOOT, /danceofjoy /doescheetaflips

AHEM, on a more serious note. I'm glad this is being monitored, and hope it continues to do so.
It's probably the single most important factor of the game and why the cap is needed for now, but if we can't earn them, the cap becomes irrelevant outside the lucky few.

In closing, I'm glad the Staff are sharing their thoughts about things in the game, listening to the players, while also trying to maintain the integrity of the game. While people will complain about various things, me included, we do appreciate it when you give us information about things. Just a word to the wise, when avaialble can you try to share it before changes, people tend to be more open about things when WE know its coming.

Last edited:
Reactions: Evo

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
and after 2 Weeks they will restore their character to level 1
a] it wasn't even 1 weak yet, and he said, that he immidiatly quit - without even giving them time to look into it
b] where exactly did they wrote that your character will be restored to level 1 ?

again : how do you come to the information, that your character will be restored to level 1 ?
let me ask it again ... where have they said with a single word, that your character will be restored to level 1 ?
let ma ask it a third time ... have you even read their announcement, have you understood what was written there ?

let me quote it again for you, in case you missed the important information

The Astels that went on an unintended vacation this week will be returned to their rightful homes by next weeks maintenance at the latest.

Oraqlas

Astellian
Oct 2, 2019
Our process for applying changes to Astellia has always been to take measured steps, utilizing game data and player insights to further refine and tune these adjustments before moving on. The rationale behind this approach, is to allow our team to more accurately see the impact of these modifications, and issue corrections if necessary
You deliberately deleted "Cromion Dagger" quietly from dungeon drop or is it a mistake? Why do you offend avengers. This is just an imbalance

Evo

Astellian
May 24, 2019
Hello, i just came to ask if the people who lost their astels will get some compensation or something like this. Because of the new patch my rota which was 8 stars with 14k hp was turned into 0 stars and my Sirius was 8 stars around 2150 points nearing 9 stars which got complitle deleted like i never even got the card. After 30 days of runing few dozen level 15 dungeons per day like an imbesile i manage to make my favorite astels to such a high level only to be deleted. With this patch my interest in this game die and i am loging 1 time per day only to see if they are back but they are not. If i don't get compensated for my mising days then i will not going to even go back in that game. Whats the point maybe next time i will lose all my astels and i will have to wait again until someone figure it out. And i honestly wanted this game to be like my retirement thing. I'm not young anymore i cant affort looking for a new game to start again and i wanted to spend few years here and just do my daily life things. I'm sorry if my message was anoying or something like that but honestly this issue literally made me question shoud i just quit playing games forever and i really like games but i don't see any point anymore.
Don't ever think about getting compensation in MMOs. Look at the treasure nerf, potion nerf, and dungeon difficulty increase. Don't you think all of us should get some compensation ? i could solo legendary dungeons with S rank before patch but i can only get B now. I think i am going to ask for compensation as well.

Kristian999

Astellian
Oct 23, 2019
Don't ever think about getting compensation in MMOs. Look at the treasure nerf, potion nerf, and dungeon difficulty increase. Don't you think all of us should get some compensation ? i could solo legendary dungeons with S rank before patch but i can only get B now. I think i am going to ask for compensation as well.
HAHHAHA Sorry was all your Astels locked and few of your Astels deleted? Yea this happened only to me and 5 other people because we were playing too much and farming specific astels too much. So yea i think we do deserve some compensation for taking our strongest trump card for a week out of the game for us only.

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
just a quick question for my own understanding :

you are saying, that the "delation" of your astel [called a bug, which will be restored according to cm's at least during next weeks maintanance] only effect the peaple, who had 8+ star astels ?

so your saying, that this is a result of the recent balance changing ?

idk, if that's true ... maybe ...
but as i understood it, the bug with the astel and the recent balance changes are two seperated issues ...
or did i see that wrong ?
they only mentioned, that 7 ppl have astels on 8+ ...
not, that only 7ppl are effected by the astel dissapearance incident

Don't you think all of us should get some compensation ?
agree, not only with your mentioned balance changes [dungeons, treasures (which some farmed hard and long pre-nerf) ... legandary droprate (ppl invested into their crafting skills, just to see them drop like sand for a weekend) ... etc, etc] even the astel change themself doesn't only influence 7 peaple

it may be 7 peaple, immidiatly effected by the astel-cap (bec they already have 8+)...

but i know quite many peaple (including myself there),
who have 6 or 7 star astels already, who where working towards higher ranking astels for their specific deckeffekts ...
true ... some of them may have started regularely and not during first day pre-order ... but that doesn't change, that they also put in the exact same efford, to get it done than you

with the current changes,
these peaple have lost the possibility to play the luck-game, to immediatly get a five star astel ... [this one single luck drop in and on itself already is a massive plus toward your hard worked 8star]

[and quite honestly, i realy think, that it's a good think for them, to take out a bit of the korean pay-to-win based luck system, still remaining within the game]

and these peaple are locked out of the deckeffekts the exact same way now, you are ... [they also can't level them any higher than 7 now]

so i'd personally say, that it's quite a lot more peaple, affected by this change, than the immidiate mentioned 7 ...
in fact, it effects every single player out there

... but that would be a good question at the cm's ... maybe you could give us numbers,
how many peaple had 6 or 7 star astels already, and where/are on their way towards the cap

also i'd like to ask a quick question to the previous poster ...
everything said ... do you think, that the astel cap to 7 hurt players more,
than the drop-rate change and nerf of treasures [which peaple worked hard to acchieve]
do you think it hurt players more, than the double nerf of legandary item-drops [first weak high ... lucky peaple got fully geard ... several weaks nothing seen ... even peaple playing 24/7 didn't drop a single one ... peaple push their crafting and start to craft ... beeem a weekend full of drops, screwing them up]

current balance changes have effected everyone ! of the players

yes, you were lucky with your astel ... and yes, they're capped now ... and yes, that may be frustrating
but you, yourself said it ... that you're unlucky in other aspects of the game ... that you didn't drop all that much and stuff

now, someone who had luck with his drop-rates [pre-nerf ... so during the time, within which you invested into your astel] ...
someone, who was lucky with his treasures and legandary gear-drop ... but instead was extremely unlucky, with his astels

so the exact opposite of yourself ...

what should that person now think about the recent balance changes ?
what should that person now think, that his treasures and legandary, he farmed so hard for ...
the "only thing within the game, where he got lucky" ... suddenly are at the same level as yours ... who never had any luck with it ... within a weekend ?

yes ... balancing happens in every game,
and rng-changes are highly needed within this game, to keep the majority of the playerbase happy

so why not requesting a ##COMPENSATION ... for everyone ... instead of just a selected, lucky few ...

after all, the current balance changes affect everyone ...
they effect the one, lucky in everything ...
they effect the one, lucky in astels unlucky in gear and treasure drops
they effect the one, unlucky in astel but lucky in gear drops [so the exact opposite of you, who was - you said it yourself - only lucky at your astels] ...

it effects every single player out there !
and not just you

Reactions: Caeldori and Evo

kuronoyama

Astellian
Sep 21, 2019
Astel Card Packs:

I totally disagree with the nerf of card packs. I did not get a 7 stars Sirius by luck but by also opening tons and tons of packs. It's not as easy to get those 5 stars by a few "lucky" players. We were not lucky we just opened tons and tons of the same pack in order to get those high stars Astels.

Also nerfing it at this point will only make it hard for new players to catch up to older players. Ever though of it like that?

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
We were not lucky we just opened tons and tons of the same pack in order to get those high stars Astels.
yes, you where lucky
i also opened these card packs, tons and tons of the same pack in order to get my astels high
the highest card i've got to see was a 3 star

and i doubt, that i opened much less astel packs than you ...
so i'd argue ... yes, opening tons and tons of astel packs plays a large role in it [as it should be]
but the major part was still the extreme rng remnants from the korean p2w version we still have left within this game

Also nerfing it at this point will only make it hard for new players to catch up to older players. Ever though of it like that?
yes and no ... it depends on how and what exactly they nerfed

if, for example [just random house-numbers] they have an rng-generator ... telling "and statistically, we want them to get 2% within each pack"

than i can acchieve this over several ways
way 1) ... i can go, give 49 players 1% and the 50yst player 51%
way 2) ... i can go, and give everyone of these 50 players 2%
way 3) ... i can give everyone of the 50 players between 1 and 4 % ... flattening out the playing field and removing the "extremes"

as i understood it [at least they have written it],
what they did was, to limit the rng tied to it ...
not the avarage rate, at which you get new astels

so in fact ... for a new player without rng'esus smiling upon him,
it will be easier to catch up to older players

at the verry least,
it will be a lot fairer, if the rng vanishes from the game

Ninjachicken

Astellian
Oct 6, 2019
Astel Card Packs:

I totally disagree with the nerf of card packs. I did not get a 7 stars Sirius by luck but by also opening tons and tons of packs. It's not as easy to get those 5 stars by a few "lucky" players. We were not lucky we just opened tons and tons of the same pack in order to get those high stars Astels.

And i disagree with you. If you got a 7 stars sirius, then you just got lucky. Most ppl play right from the start. I did all the daily and weekly quests and usually it looks like my screenshot from today. 12 astell cards, 12 time 10 points. I once got a 4 star corvus and 2 times other 3 star astells but thats all.
I would like a greater chance to get 2 or 3 stars because most ppl will never see a 5 star draw.

Attachments