Communication, Patch Notes, and more... [Update | 10/25]

kuronoyama

Astellian
Sep 21, 2019
And i disagree with you. If you got a 7 stars sirius, then you just got lucky. Most ppl play right from the start. I did all the daily and weekly quests and usually it looks like my screenshot from today. 12 astell cards, 12 time 10 points. I once got a 4 star corvus and 2 times other 3 star astells but thats all.
I would like a greater chance to get 2 or 3 stars because most ppl will never see a 5 star draw.
You opened 12 cards, I opened over 50 card packs to get to the results I did. Opening RNG stuff in bulk always seem to get better results for some reason

Reactions: Kristian999

Evo

Astellian
May 24, 2019
HAHHAHA Sorry was all your Astels locked and few of your Astels deleted? Yea this happened only to me and 5 other people because we were playing too much and farming specific astels too much. So yea i think we do deserve some compensation for taking our strongest trump card for a week out of the game for us only.
Everybody can find a reason to ask for compensation. They cannot make everybody happy because people value things in different ways.

In my case, only a handle people can solo legendary dungeon and we cannot do it anymore after patch, so i think we need compensation too.
I did not stop playing. It is your problem to stopped play.

Evo

Astellian
May 24, 2019
You opened 12 cards, I opened over 50 card packs to get to the results I did. Opening RNG stuff in bulk always seem to get better results for some reason
No. mass crafting did not get me more legendary items. It is all about luck

Evo

Astellian
May 24, 2019
Astel Card Packs:

I totally disagree with the nerf of card packs. I did not get a 7 stars Sirius by luck but by also opening tons and tons of packs. It's not as easy to get those 5 stars by a few "lucky" players. We were not lucky we just opened tons and tons of the same pack in order to get those high stars Astels.

Also nerfing it at this point will only make it hard for new players to catch up to older players. Ever though of it like that?
In my opinion, the card nerf is the best way to balance RNG.
1. lucky players will always get lucky. You can never catch up with them.
2. they set a cap at 7 star. You can get 7 star in a month easily if you keep farming 1 dungeon

Reactions: Terra

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
You opened 12 cards, I opened over 50 card packs to get to the results I did.
you read the part with "i played since the beginning, did all daylies and weeklies and the only thing i saw was once a 4 star and twice a three star" ... right ... he opened 12 cards ... today/this week ... now multiplay that with the existance time of the game and you have his number of opened cards ;)

Reactions: Ninjachicken

Ninjachicken

Astellian
Oct 6, 2019
you read the part with "i played since the beginning, did all daylies and weeklies and the only thing i saw was once a 4 star and twice a three star" ... right ... he opened 12 cards ... today/this week ... now multiplay that with the existance time of the game and you have his number of opened cards ;)
Thanks. Next time i have to write it clearer^^
I play since the beginning and just made a screenshot from the 12 draws today. My highest astell is Rota and now Corvus with 5 stars and that only because i got most of them with starstale.

A friend of mine got Aquarius with 5 stars the second day he started playing. Now she is 6 stars i think and thats pretty lucky if you ask me:)

Wardance

Astellian
Sep 27, 2019
Please do something about the inyourfaceslappyslapslap notification window. The annoying thing just keeps popping up in the worst spot possible while mid battle.

Ideabulb

Astellian
Jul 5, 2019

Greetings Astellians,

Communication with our community has always been at the forefront of our focus at for us. While it hasn’t been perfect on our end, we continue to strive towards improving this process. All the more so in instances when we didn’t get it exactly right, like today. During these times, we feel it’s incredibly important to be candid with our players, letting you know what’s happening behind the scenes and what actions are being taken.

At this very moment we are examining our internal process for areas for improvement such as, providing detailed and complete patch notes, better accuracy when conveying important information, and refining our localization process to enhance the overall experience when playing Astellia. In the case of the most recent patch, we’ve been reviewing player feedback and determined a few key areas of concern that we wanted to comment on:
  • Event Vendor Prices: The listed prices in the original event post were in fact inaccurate, the current prices in-game are correct. Please note that you can earn 500 of the Event Candy Currency from the daily quest each day of the event.
  • Event Dungeon: We are aware of the issue with Creeper becoming invulnerable during his recharge stage, along with Eligos’ disappearing permanently in mid fight and will be working to fix these two issues as soon as possible.
  • Missing Astels: We are aware and are currently investigating the reports of Astels that have gone missing after the patch.
  • Incorrect Astel Picture: We are aware of and working to resolve the incorrect image being displayed in one of the Astel card packs.
  • Karza’s Treasures: The adjustments to Karza’s Treasures are part of an ongoing set of general balancing adjustments for Astellia. We are collecting player feedback regarding these preliminary changes, and encourage you to share your insights with us.
Throughout this week we will continue to work to resolve issues, collect insights shared with us by our community members, and actively share updates on our progress. We thank you for your continued support as we continue to work to improve Astellia.

- The Astellia Team

[Update | 10/25]

Greetings Astellians,

As promised, today we’re providing an update on the previously mentioned issues in the post above. In conjunction with this, we’re also sharing additional insights into upcoming adjustments for Astellia, and the reasoning behind these changes. Without further ado, let’s jump into it:

• The incorrect game code appearing in the in-game text "0x000d" has been resolved as of a client hotfix applied early this morning (10/24).
  • Beeswax causing some users to experience a client crash and/or error code 217 upon use has been resolved as of a client hotfix applied early this morning (10/24).
  • Halloween event dungeon boss becoming stuck in an invulnerable state (During Recharge Phase) will be fixed in a maintenance early next week.
  • Class Evolution being displaying incorrect and confusing information will be fixed in a maintenance early next week.
  • The Astels that went on an unintended vacation this week will be returned to their rightful homes by next weeks maintenance at the latest.
Our process for applying changes to Astellia has always been to take measured steps, utilizing game data and player insights to further refine and tune these adjustments before moving on. The rationale behind this approach, is to allow our team to more accurately see the impact of these modifications, and issue corrections if necessary.

Karza’s Treasure:
The current change, applied during this week's patch, was the first stage of an overall balancing pass due to be applied to Astellia over the next several weeks. After examining the game data and player feedback over the course of this week, it became clear the change was excessive and the reduction will be changed from 50% to 30%.​
In addition to this, we will be examining the Treasure system as a whole, for both underperforming and over performing elements, and making revisions where necessary.​
Maximum Astel Rank:
Astels are one of the core systems of Astellia, and is another area we are currently focusing on for rebalancing. The intent of this system is to provide useful battle companions, players can customize and improve throughout their adventures in Astellia.​
Previously players are able to achieve Astel Star ranks in excess of 8+, this was not intended to be available this early on, we planned for this to come with Item Synthesis later this year, as the combat ability of Astels at this rank outperforms the difficulty of available game content.​
To correct this, the maximum Astel rank will be capped at 7 stars, this means that once your Astel reaches rank seven they will continue to gain EXP (your effort is not wasted), this exp will be in place for when we raise the Star Rank Cap, the Astels will rank up instantly and automatically. Please Note: The 6 players in total exceeded Star Rank 7 with an Astel, will not lose any of the previously earned Astel EXP.​
High rank Astels (7+) have the capacity to greatly impact the outcome of many aspects of combat within Astellia. Most notably in instances of PvP, where this could lead to unintended imbalances. To address this as we prepare to enable Avalon, we will be revising the amount of Experience needed to level Astels above rank 7.​
Astel Card Packs:
In addition to the above adjustments to the maximum Astel ranks, we will be removing 4 & 5 Star Rank Astels from the Astel Card Packs, increasing the rate in which 2 Star Astels can be received to just slightly below 1 Star Astels, and nearly doubling the rate at which 3 Star Astels can be received.​
The goal behind these changes is to ensure a smoother overall rate of progression, removing the reliance and potential frustration of relying on luck to receive a 4 or 5 star Astel. While not negatively impacting the rate at which Astel Rank EXP is gained.​
The result we expect to see from this, is an overall increase in the number of players that have achieved rank 5+ Astels, while diminishing the growing gap in progression from a small number of lucky players.​
So just going to ask the obvious that seems like it might have been over looked What happens when your astel gets enough star experience for the cap level 10 will it stop gaining experience or will it be stored needlessly with still a chance to get something you dont need. @CM Aethon @CM Flora

Reactions: Matastarna

Zwiebel

Astellian
Jul 4, 2019
Adjusted the reward from achievements which granted ‘Armor Appearance Supply Box’ and ‘Weapon Appearance Supply Box’ to reward only a specific costume.
RIP costume farming on twinks. It was fun while it lasted.

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019

ForestWolf

Astellian
May 26, 2019
According to a CM in the German section of the forums; "Avalon is scheduled for November":

In same posts they also say "the next level of legendary dungeons are already in the starting blocks":
Glad to hear officials share some news about Avalon and T2 dungeons.

Hopefully they will cherry pick some test users for Avalon before dropping it on the retail servers.

Reactions: Trox and Evo

Lewtz

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
Heroic Stat Karza treasure still nerfed. Deck effect karza treasures still at 5 pre nerf 9 with your statement should be 7 no ?"
Guardians Medal
Queen's Book
the deck effects were almost useless anyways given the slot COULD HAVE STATS vrs mostly dumb effects had to just nerf it so hard its a wasted drop in treasures?

Karza’s Treasure:
The current change, applied during this week's patch, was the first stage of an overall balancing pass due to be applied to Astellia over the next several weeks. After examining the game data and player feedback over the course of this week, it became clear the change was excessive and the reduction will be changed from 50% to 30%.

In addition to this, we will be examining the Treasure system as a whole, for both underperforming and over performing elements, and making revisions where necessary.

Zellata

Astellian
Aug 3, 2019
Speaking of communication, last patch has removed Braga card from Sansara loot table and Eligos card from Archduke loot table without any mention of it in the patch notes. Was that intentional or a bug?

Reactions: Oklmq

Oraqlas

Astellian
Oct 2, 2019
Maximum Astel Rank:Astels are one of the core systems of Astellia, and is another area we are currently focusing on for rebalancing. The intent of this system is to provide useful battle companions, players can customize and improve throughout their adventures in Astellia.Previously players are able to achieve Astel Star ranks in excess of 8+, this was not intended to be available this early on, we planned for this to come with Item Synthesis later this year, as the combat ability of Astels at this rank outperforms the difficulty of available game content.
@CM Aethon Where Astels 8*+. You promise remove 7star cap on Synthesis patch. :(

Reactions: Oklmq

Xovian

Astellian
May 27, 2019
- The Astellia Team

[Update | 10/25]
Karza’s Treasure:
The current change, applied during this week's patch, was the first stage of an overall balancing pass due to be applied to Astellia over the next several weeks. After examining the game data and player feedback over the course of this week, it became clear the change was excessive and the reduction will be changed from 50% to 30%.​
In addition to this, we will be examining the Treasure system as a whole, for both under performing and over performing elements, and making revisions where necessary.​
Was still not changed back from the 50% nerf for some of them.
At this point, it's basically a lie. This was an Oct patch, it's mid Feb 2020.
Patientce only goes so far, and mine is out, and so am i.

Reactions: Solesky