Community Feedback on 7/28 Update

CM Niar

Community Manager
Staff Member
May 1, 2020

Hello Astellians,

The Astellia CM/Design/Dev Teams are willing to hear from our community about the recent update on July 28th, 2020.

Please feel free to make comment(s) on this thread about the following:

1) Feedback on the recent changes to the Avalon contents
2) Feedback on the recent changes to the Zender Rewards
3) Feedback on the recent changes to the Shop contents
4) Other feedback you would like us to hear about

We will be happy to know your opinions about the newly applied patch after July 28th.
Thank you for your contribution to making the community great always!

- Astellia CM Team

Yoiramen

Astellian
May 2, 2020
1) Avalon - its fun, little to much and unfair for factions. Some faction get all the top guild PvPers where some get one active guild. I make 1k zender and call it a week. Haha.
2) LOVE the new zender reward, gives me more freedom to use my zender instead of saving 24/7.
3) I think the shop content is a joke. Way to over priced. Already spending 30-60 dollars to buy the game. I understand you can buy other packages and not go big but when you see all the good stuff you can get it makes it tempting. The removal of Nordens from zender shop is upsetting cause it was one of the things I did save for to buy. I think the cheaper the packages or skins/mounts are the more people will buy including myself. First 3 weeks I spent 250+ dollars and I wanted more but I chose to spend my money more wisely. Other games have better months subscription. They are cheaper so I get my monies worth and I'll come back. I think the shop need rework if you want more people to buy things. Now I either have a choice spend money on skins or buy nordens but not both.

4) Love the detail patch notes - really do. Just wish we has actual communication with a DEV or someone from Studio 8 to answer questions.

Last edited:

Terala

Astellian
May 22, 2020
Feedback on the recent changes to the Avalon contents
the addition of coins [and especially the implementation of new astels into it] could make the area more populated / interesting,
the high ammount of zender might also help, to draw in additional players into avalon

ontop of that, the newly added t2+10 gear,
while on one hand [no runes equipable, no additional stat-bonis but still hp boost] keeping the advantage of good, own gear
it should help to make the playingfield more even / to take out a bit of the gear component involved

thus it might get more interesting for lower geared [or simply newer] players to enter
... though, that could be a double edged sword, as it might also draw in quite a lot more twins into that area
[which can be seen as eiter a good or a bad thing, depending on how you want to look at it]

as for the announcement of the "more guards protecting weaker players" ...

i haven't noticed anything like that yet ... the area feels ... well ... like usual
and while the treasures seems slightly boosted (?) i haven't seen any new ones in avalon at all [like said in the pisces version of the patch notes]

instead, i ask myself [not entirely sure :p] if the hp of the mobs have decreased,
if so, than pve would get a boost in avalon at the early stages (since hunting points already decrease with higher count)

maybe a split between pvp and pve ranking could be a good thing ...
and while the steps between the ranks seems to have gotton smaller, the steps still feel kinda "sharp" ...
i think, a more fluid solution could be a better one (so rank 1 slightly more than rank 2 slightly more than ... and so on)

a negative point to mention about the new tokens are the double weeklys,
since you now get the astel cards tied towards quests,
the question of matching [especially the question, if you get matched into the same or anohter faction] starts to get more and more important again

and while i haven't had any problems about it lately,
i just want to say again, that at the beginning of avalon ... we got matched over 2,5 month into the same faction ... over and over and over again

now, i don't know if and how the matchmaking changed since than [especially, if situations like that still can happen] ...
regardless, i fail to understand, why the reset timer for avalon weeklys isn't adjusted towards the reset timer of avalon itself

first, it would be good, to actually tell the players, what the different skin-effects do within the patch-notes ... or at the skins

these skins cost 7,5 k zender ... and realy nobody knows what the skin does or how good/bad it is compared to the tulie skins

the idea, to put in several things to buy (skins with effects, faster horse, astelskins with effects etc) and let the player choose, what he actualy wants to put his focus on / what's most important for his playstyle is actually a good move

the point, that dungeon tickets remained in their price, while the ammount of zender available rised is also good,
since it will alow players to run more dungeons that way [and resolves the problem of "out of tickets" a little bit]

the point, that you implemented astel cards directly into the shop ... honestly, it can be seen as either good or bad ...
especially for players, who don't want to run dungeons it should actually be a good addition

two things i have to mention/note about that however are that you should still keep an eye on the astel ratio between dungeons and direct cards ... dungeon running should (in avarage) give more or at least the same ammount of couns as the cards

one possible problem i see with the cards is something, we already had directly at the start of the game [where also cards from 1 to 5 star existed] ... player 1) gets 1 star ... 1 star ... 1 star out of the card ... and player b draws his 5 star eligos ...

that type of cards got changed to a 1-3 star card [with less maximum but higher avarage number] quite soon in the game, which was a rather good move ...

i don't realy understand the reasoning in bringing back these rng cards ...
and think, that the "normal" card system (1-3 star but with higher average) could be a better solution ...
maybe even so, that the star-rank of the choosable

gets determined before the type of cards [so that all cards you get to choose get the same * ammount] ... but that just as side note

what i, however, think as a realy crappy move ... the removal of the subscription

at first, we had "just" the lootring ... "just" the faster horse
than you started to implement "just" the additional inventory slots you went on to
"just" implement a one time purchase of astel cards ... which even went into "just" a one time direct purchase possibility of zender ... you implemented "just" the growth box ... (will it be stackable on one char / renew, once you bring you're next package change) ...

and than you put in the lootfunctions ... the higher ticket cap ... the free astelpoints ... into "just" ... well ... three seperated subscriptions

and you didn't even thought about mentioning such important changes within the patchnotes ...
another sneak patch "the player will find out anyway" ...
at some point i realy think, if someone even knows, what you change ... or if you just change something in the hope that the player will find out what you've done ....

anyway ... all of these things ... (and i don't even need to combine them ... i can just look at them individually)

the lootring/horse ... pricing ?
the additional inventory space ... pricing ?
the three subscriptions ... pricing ?
the astel / zender package ... pricing ?

each and every of these things would cost us ($)v(€) ... in the hight of full-version games
each and everyone of these is in the price range of a tripple AAA premium physical collectors eddition,
which is just insane

players already thought you'd go full out ... into THAT direction ... when you implemented the inventory only buyable via cash ... but now with that move ... it gets more and more obviouse

i know quite some players,
who wouldn't have a problem at paying 5-10 ... maybe, just maybe ... even 15$ a month for all of these things [inventory space, dungeonticket and storage, astel-cards, auto loot] in the form of a subscription model

and in fact, i liked the old guild wars model [seperated stand alone titles connected together in the form of add-ons] quite a lot (becouse that was realy a win-win situation for all sides ... where the dev had to deliver quality ... and than got something in return)

but the current pricing of all the stuff, you're throwing into the cash shop ...

paying 20 ++ € a month, for a buy to play game, advertised as non p2w ...
paying 20 ++ € a month, for a game, where (i and many others) payed 50 - 100 € (pre-order / you're pricing at the start) not even a year ago ...

that's just rediculous and will make you loose quite a lot of players ...
but i don't think, that i'll actually need to tell you that ... since you have the numbers ... so ... just look at them and think about it for a second

make a 5-15$ monthly sub ... and put everything relevent for the game-mechanics [so costumes excluded] into it ...
that would be a way to go ... which could benefit everyone and won't make you loose too many players ...

and well ... yeah ... that's all i have to say for the moment ...
.oO( its already late and stuff ... maybe i have something else to mention later xD )

p.S : the idea, to seperate skin and effect from each other is actually a good one
p.S.2 : afk-farming seems to get easier and easier with all the ap-reg stuff implemented and the mobs getting weaker and weaker ... idk what to realy think about that one [couldn't you make an afk-farming system, without the need to let the pc runing permanently :p ... ok that realy was a side-side idea]

about the latest event ... : killing balls may be fun ... killing static balls for a whole month ... can feel quite a tad bit too long

also i'm kinda sad, that you weren't able, to fix a single word [tradeable vs nontradeable] at the 500 coins box ...
it was mentioned already at the patch-notes, that patch-notes and ingame descriptions doesn't match ... and was reportet not shortly after

there are players, who invested quite a lot of time ... exactly becouse of the expectation, to be able, to trade the skin (if they get the one they don't like)

a small sentance "know bugs and problems : translation error, event skin not tradeable" within the launcer (or at least the forums) could already have done wonders ... communication realy is the key there

also, i don't understand why you have to - yet again - rely onto rng at the hand out of these event rewards
there are players, using enakir a lot ... and others, using seika ...

now, i would have understood, if the skin would have been tradeable (to encourage the trade between players)
i would have understood, if you could get more boxes or be able to get both skins

and if you'd wanted to limit the number of available skins, i also understand that
[in fact, it is a good thing, to bring in some variety into it ... that makes the game more interesting]

but i seriously don't understand,
why a untradeable ... only one-time acchievable skin for characters has to be rng locked
the lucky one, getting the skin fitting into his build ... the unlucky one, getting the wrong skin

i fail to understand, why you can't let the player choose,
which one of these tow untradeable and only one time acchievable skins he actually wants to have

another point i want to mention are the "tradeable skinboxes" , which should have been within the small balls and golems

but do they actually exist ingame ? ... was there even a single player, who got them ? ... how high was the real change, to get them ?

the reason, i'm asking is, becouse i got the 500 coin skin on my twin, opened the chests on several chars each day ... and did quite a lot of balls and golems ... haven't gotten one

i talked with my guild ... (who also done a lot of balls) ... nothing ... nobdy got one ...

i asked other (some of the bigger / more active) guilds of the server, if they've gotten one ...
the result ... nobody seems to have got one of said skin-boxes ... in fact,..nobody even knows anybody, who got one.

so please ask the devs, what they are thinking, when implementing non-existing event rewards ... 100% unobtainable for any (normal) player at all ...

lomos

Astellian
Jul 29, 2020
Overall, the patch will widen the gap between new and old or hardcore players even more, let me explain:

1)

The system of earning only astels in Avalon is not really good, because it excludes a good part of the players ... ALSO it takes a long time to make them go up to stars, not really worth ...

Having miho, papilla, archer in a different color with a different skill / deck is disappointing ... We would love NEW astels entirely ....

I expected new guards or bosses but no there are hardly more guards ..and droprate was too low

Frankly overall disappointed I don't think it will bring back people except for the zenders ............

2) Putting astels RNG packages in the zender shop is not bad but the fact that it is highly RNG in the medium / long term will widen the gap even more between the players

The system is a little better to gain zenders BUT because of the low population in the end it is always slow to have them (arenas that pop not or very little etc.)
The rewards in the zenders shop are neither motivating nor very interesting:
- the skin of the Comet horse, its armor and weapon are THE same as the FOUNDER version but with a different color, certainly there are bonuses but they are slightly better than if there would be none ... (speed of 1m / s more, AP + 1 more .... yeah)

- the kitty skins without bonus should be in the paid cash shop ... on the Russian they are in the paid cash shop ... they have nothing to do in the zender I think

-the astel virgo skins are not bad ... but those of the npc tulie have suddenly a clear advantage (skin for the tank / healer classes)

CONCLUSION

Put UNIQUE skins (not just a different color .....), Something MOTIVATING (effect or visible halo etc) in short the BASE what

3) The "norden's favor" buffs etc are too expensive, it's MORE expensive than the price per month of the base game is 35euros per month ... no logic
Selling packages in the cash shop even if permanent purchase only once containing ASTELS (5 stars astels, Growth Box with astels cards at each level) marks the beginnings and start of P2W (light for the moment)
We can therefore expect the worst for the future
The subs should be in the Zender shop.

CONCLUSION:

The price of packages and subs are really too expensive and should only contain cosmetics or convenience items; Putting astels in the cash shop packages and removing the buffs from the zender shop marked the start of P2W light

4) We have been waiting for 6 months for new and big PvE content (raids, new dungeons, new regions for the story and the lvl cap 60 etc), new PvP modes (castra siege, battleground etc with random tail like that) anyone can join

A cheaper game, a LESS expensive cash shop, a merge of servers, more advertising / marketing to bring in new players because the game is really depopulated no content works well you have to constantly find people and it takes hours and hours hours (even in guild etc); Offer hl content to bring back the old ones

Last edited:

Frostbyte

Astellian
Oct 2, 2019
1: Avalon Contents: I like the Avalon faction-based points, but feel that all three Astels should be available on all three factions. Let's say you get the same faction week after week.. this inhibits the ability to get the specific Astel you may want. - These points do make it easier to keep track of which quests belong to which faction, though.. since I have about 30 quests overall from all 3 factions. xD

2: Zender Rewards: Love it. I don't feel like I have to hoard my Zender, and can freely spend a few here and there on dungeon tickets and still save for the higher point stuff.

3: Shop Contents: Mm.. I don't mind the new stuff added to the subscriptions. In fact, it makes them much more appealing, especially for the price. I would just prefer they didn't cost so much, as that's $35/month if you wanna keep all three subscriptions.

4: Other feedback:
  • Zender shop items such as dungeon tickets are sold in tiers of three. I feel the higher amount bought, that there should be a discount. A bulk-order discount, if you will.
  • Miodin Mines Revival: I'd love to see this zone active again, especially since newer players can't get groups to upgrade their treasures as easily since most people don't even go there anymore. Until continual content is released for this area, why not add an Enhanced Version of the Class Treasure, much like the Tulie quests do for Karza Treasures?
  • I'd like to see the ability to save UI Layouts so we can simply apply the same stuff to Alts instead of having to change everything over again,
  • We need custom guild emblems added.
  • Please make the Ring of Exploration a Consumable Item. At least for those who purchased it before whatever date seems appropriate. I've had it since day 1 of early access.. but with subs adding auto-loot, this item is now useless.

Reactions: Darkey

Waroz

Astellian
Jul 17, 2020
Zender store: I see it logical the change made by removing subscriptions.

Cash store: It seems to me very good that subscriptions are only sold by cash store since if I invest my money in the game it is to get a little difference with the person who does not, just as I would put a subscription at a price a little cheaper than one all subscriptions in 1. I am missing more skin and light weapons in the cash store, also more mounts, in fact I would invest more money but if I do not have more skin, light or shiny weapons and mounts I do not have to invest more money.

For me this update in regards to the cash and zender store I see very well, but with a lack of objects.

It is also necessary to trade or give away the objects of the cash store, it is something that if or if it is necessary in the game.

It would also put a friendly system. Let's say that I invite several friends to play they come to play, they go up to level 50 and both people can receive some kind of benefit or gift, so you can attract more people to the game, it is something basic explained just a simple opinion that well designed wins a lot of players.

Sorry for my english.

Darkey

Astellian
Mar 23, 2020
After one week we could observe slightly higher interest on avalon, probably because of new rewards at zender shop and higher zender payout. Unfortunately the interess is mostly goes in PvE, because it is the easier way to get points and much more performant and productive. Here I would like to see more PvP features, like:
  • avalon world bosses(not the main): are now not really interesting - if you could boost them(they are way to easy for a raid) and make them only available in PvP time with example rewards like new avalon astells or fraction tokens, this could lead to more pvp action
  • separated extra rewards for kill points: reward could be separated in PvP and PvE reward 50/50 - 50% reward for pve rank and 50% for pvp rank
  • payouts for taking core/barrier stones of the enemies: for whole fraction based on people rank - elite gets 30 fraktion coins, royal guard 50 tokens etc. So people would get more interested in attacking enemy bases.
New skinns in zender shop: need detailed information - noone would like to buy crap for 7,5k zender...
Subscriptions: if this is the way publisher would like to make money - i'm ok with it. The benefits are also ok. Better would be a price of 10€-5€-5€, instead of 15-10-10, or some sales from time to time. If it's the start for more pay to win like some more pessimistic people say - it will kill the game.:rolleyes:
Content, we need more content, why people should buy new cool subscriptions if there is no new gear to farm and new achievements to achieve? :cautious:
Furthermore, I consider that Carthage must be destroyed...oh ups not this one, this one - we need a 12v12 random battlefield with zender/token reward for every round and not at the end of the week. Battlefields makes more fun as dead arena....

Falconer_Joanna

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
1) Avalon Contents - Definitely a step in the right direction. Seeing more people there, which is always a good thing. While I like the new astels and find their skills to be rather unique, I had hoped that we'd be able to use the new coins to also advance our other astels. Nonetheless, There is much more reason to hang out there and the PvP battles have become more active, more like when Avalon first opened.

2) Zendar rewards - I like you can get Astel cards for Zendar now. As others have said without any information on what the new skins for Virgo do, there's no way to make an informed purchase. I don't think removing subscriptions for zendar was a good idea, you could have modified the price. I hope they come back.

3) The changes to subscriptions are very nice, they are now quite worth the price (imo). As far as the packages go, they don't really impact me so I don't get bent out of shape by them.

4a) I would like to see some more iteration on the newer solo dungeons. They are a significant step up from the first group of solo dungeons, and are far above their 6800 rating. I know of nobody rated below 8000 who can solo them. Additionally they are very hard for DPS classes as even 9 star astels die quite quickly.

4b) Eventually I would like to see all growth dungeons converted into Solo and Group dungeons. That's the only way we're going to get enough equipment to be fully ready for when T3 comes out.

4c) I'd like to see raid dungeons (that require expeditions) but give very useful treasures.

4d) Lastly RNG on Accessories needs some work. As it stands now Rings and Bracelets have a higher chance of physical stats, while Earrings and Necklaces have a higher chance for magical stats. What should happen is that physical classes should have a slightly higher chance of getting physical stats on all accessories while magical classes have a higher chance of getting magical stats. Certain accessories that we need for T3 simply don't drop anywhere near enough for even a chance at having the right stats.

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
1) Avalon Contents - Definitely a step in the right direction. Seeing more people there, which is always a good thing. While I like the new astels and find their skills to be rather unique, I had hoped that we'd be able to use the new coins to also advance our other astels. Nonetheless, There is much more reason to hang out there and the PvP battles have become more active, more like when Avalon first opened.

2) Zendar rewards - I like you can get Astel cards for Zendar now. As others have said without any information on what the new skins for Virgo do, there's no way to make an informed purchase. I don't think removing subscriptions for zendar was a good idea, you could have modified the price. I hope they come back.

3) The changes to subscriptions are very nice, they are now quite worth the price (imo). As far as the packages go, they don't really impact me so I don't get bent out of shape by them.

4a) I would like to see some more iteration on the newer solo dungeons. They are a significant step up from the first group of solo dungeons, and are far above their 6800 rating. I know of nobody rated below 8000 who can solo them. Additionally they are very hard for DPS classes as even 9 star astels die quite quickly.

4b) Eventually I would like to see all growth dungeons converted into Solo and Group dungeons. That's the only way we're going to get enough equipment to be fully ready for when T3 comes out.

4c) I'd like to see raid dungeons (that require expeditions) but give very useful treasures.

4d) Lastly RNG on Accessories needs some work. As it stands now Rings and Bracelets have a higher chance of physical stats, while Earrings and Necklaces have a higher chance for magical stats. What should happen is that physical classes should have a slightly higher chance of getting physical stats on all accessories while magical classes have a higher chance of getting magical stats. Certain accessories that we need for T3 simply don't drop anywhere near enough for even a chance at having the right stats.
I second all of this. Finally some constructive feedback that is no braindead "P2W mimimi"

Reactions: Waroz

Waroz

Astellian
Jul 17, 2020
I raise the post for our opinion and we see what we can get. Give ideas to everyone.

Terala

Astellian
May 22, 2020

in addition of patching out the subscriptions (and thus starting you're road towards p2w)
should we now assume, to regularly see "oh, but it's just a one time purchase" only cash astel-packages via the shop

becouse seriously,
at this point you can stop (and apologize) for you're wrong and pourposly misleading advertising as a buy to play only game,
and relable it into p2w ... becouse if you continue with that crap you can (and i fear that you will) sell astels directly too soon

but at least have the balls to say "jup, we're going full fledged p2w now, our previous advertisment was wrong and misleading little lie to grab the cash of as many sheeps as possible "

and don't make it via hundreds of "oh just one time package" crap

Towi

Astellian
Jun 12, 2019

in addition of patching out the subscriptions (and thus starting you're road towards p2w)
should we now assume, to regularly see "oh, but it's just a one time purchase" only cash astel-packages via the shop

becouse seriously,
at this point you can stop (and apologize) for you're wrong and pourposly misleading advertising as a buy to play only game,
and relable it into p2w ... becouse if you continue with that crap you can (and i fear that you will) sell astels directly too soon

but at least have the balls to say "jup, we're going full fledged p2w now, our previous advertisment was wrong and misleading little lie to grab the cash of as many sheeps as possible "

Stay Cool Terra ! There is no reason to buy this. No heavy content there, no dungeons where you need the Astells. A maximum of the top 10 in the PVP will stock up on it. It is granted to them. And they will notice that it doesn't work that way.

Terala

Astellian
May 22, 2020
Stay Cool Terra ! There is no reason to buy this. No heavy content there, no dungeons where you need the Astells. A maximum of the top 10 in the PVP will stock up on it. It is granted to them. And they will notice that it doesn't work that way.
it's not about the question if you need them or not,
it's about the way, the devs are behaving
about how they promoted their game and what they do now

about the direction this whole thing is walking since their implementation of the cash-only inventory
[and at that time you still laughed at me and called me pessimistic ... seems like my fears about the direction this game is walking towards just are about to come true] ... and thats my concern

and no, if everyone stays cool,
they'll never notice, that they are making massiv ******** right now

lomos

Astellian
Jul 29, 2020
start P2W even more ..not good..for future

instead to put them directly in cash shop for now they find another way...sneaky.....

Reactions: eztellia

Towi

Astellian
Jun 12, 2019
it's not about the question if you need them or not,
it's about the way, the devs are behaving
about how they promoted their game and what they do now

about the direction this whole thing is walking since their implementation of the cash-only inventory
[and at that time you still laughed at me and called me pessimistic ... seems like my fears about the direction this game is walking towards just are about to come true] ... and thats my concern

and no, if everyone stays cool,
they'll never notice, that they are making massiv ******** right now
They will notice because they will not sell anything ! Just a Hand full of players will buy something because of that 2 Astell Cards. 90% will not Care about that.

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019

becouse seriously,

Not only is it one time, it s on the 1st time ever purchase of gems. Aka you, me, and all the othere old players that bought cash at least once will not get this. Calm your tiddies . Holy ****.

lomos

Astellian
Jul 29, 2020
Its wrong translation or mistake like last time you will see, im sure any who buy gems will get the astels even old players

Reactions: eztellia