Cooking Guide and Where to Find Meat

Starseeker

Astellian
Sep 9, 2019
This is a brief guide on cooking since I couldn't find one here on the forums or on line, and had to stumble through it myself. Note I am only level 30 character level, so I cannot comment on much content above that. I will update the meat chart once I know where more stuff drops at high levels

Cooking 101:

In the cooking screen you have both ingredients and completed dishes of various levels. As you progress in levels, the XP you get for each combine lessens for items that you can make. There are two ways to level your cooking skill.

1. Buy ingredients off of the cooking merchant NPC to make ingredient items (this can get quite expensive so bring your asper):
    1. Soy Sauce = 1 Salt + 1 Bean (level 1)
    2. Sesame Oil = 1 Sesame (level 5)
    3. Cooking Oil = 1 Bean (Level 9)
    4. Butter = 1 Milk (level 15)
And so on. Some ingredients require harvests.
  1. Farm Meat from creatures and harvest plants/food products from the open world to make completed dishes.
Farming meat can be time consuming, and it only drops off of mobs that will drop loot so if you are more than 10 levels higher than the mob, you won’t get any meat drops.

I have made a list of where I have found meat drops. This is perhaps not all of the mobs that drop them as I was only paying attention recently, but I have killed about 10-15 of nearly every mob up to level 25 and these are the ones I had drop meat.

MobLevelDropped
Kiyo Kidnapper4Saury
Blood Fist Orc8Goat
Corrupted Gordo8Dried Frog
Black Blood Orc13Pork, Goat
Sharpbeak Quao17Chicken
Tuvor Family Geror25Eel, Dried Frog, Tuna
Big Beak Quao25Chicken
Deer Horn Dofur25Beef

Milczek

Astellian
Oct 9, 2019
Baby quao drop too chicken but with lower chance, yellow quao too.
Drop rate willa be something like this: Big>baby>yellow

Reactions: Raelie936

Raelie936

Astellian
Sep 30, 2019
Vinegar is in hunting grounds. I've seen it in Grelef for sure, could be in other two zones too.
Thank you, I did finally find some vinegar it was just being all picked up before I got there. The pollock however, not anywhere to be found. Some said on the iguanas in Greleaf but they didn't drop any after 45 minutes and nor did any quao in the game. So still hunting these if anyone finds a mob please let us know.

Milczek

Astellian
Oct 9, 2019
Dried snail drops from longarm wuguri ( rock wind farm - gladeth plain - lentuth)

Big/yellow/baby brak quao locations Northeast Wind Hill - Randeilo baby are near viewpoint

Last edited:

Soviya

Astellian
May 31, 2019
You can see almost all cooking resource in russian interactive map.

Kilvorian

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
I am slowly putting together a spreadsheet showing the mobs that drop all of the cooking materials. I will eventually have it completed and when I do I will post it. I am documenting everything as I level an alt up. Expected ETA... probably around a week or so. My goal on this is for it to be a completed list for cooking materials including the ever elusive Pollock.

bowchicabowwow

Astellian
Oct 20, 2019
Anyone know where Sesame Leaf's are? Also if anyone has any updates on the whereabouts of Vinegar other than hunting grounds that would be great.

Soviya

Astellian
May 31, 2019
Anyone know where Sesame Leaf's are? Also if anyone has any updates on the whereabouts of Vinegar other than hunting grounds that would be great.
In Avalon and hunting ground Astara, for example —

A lot of high level cooking resource can be find there. And vinegar too. Avalon and hunting grounds. 🙌

Reactions: bowchicabowwow

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
Reactions: CM Venecia