Currency Farming - Star Jewels

ChromasIV

Astellian
May 24, 2019
Hi All,

I'm looking for more information around star jewels and how to obtain them. I know the basics from basic quests to completing the achievements, but overall those don't give you nearly enough to buy anything much with.

I feel that it's unclear on the quest that give bigger or better rewards as well vs normal side quests. Having dailies to complete that provide rewards would be more helpful. Maybe add something that shows a different color between 1 time quest, daily quest, and repeatable quest.

As of right now, I think Avalon is the best setup with rewards for Green Star Jewels.

Anyone have any information they want to share?

Thanks,
C.IV

ChromasIV

Astellian
May 24, 2019
Still looking for any type of information around quest and farming star jewels.

Some feedback from CBT1-2, the quest lines don't clearly state what reward is, and i think it would be a nice addition to put that in (make change the color depending on the type of reward and quest?)

Atinuvijel

Astellian
Aug 4, 2019
the only info I can give you is:

SJ also drop from mobs, when they are less than 8(?) lv´s below - lv 50 char began to get dropps at all from lv 42plus-mobs.
Less than this 8 lv´s below you the drop gets bigger (I saw it with the "coins" they drop, no difference between same lv or mob is higher, but some sort of penalty, starting with lv 47 mobs, no loot at all at 41 of lower, lv 42 only gave ~15 coins)
most of the time only "grey" SJ droopped (tier 1), in instances and after ~40 there were also sometimes green(tier 2) ones.
Some sidequests give you SJ as reward
regarding, that the useable SJ-quality depends on the starlevel of the astell you put it in (I guess or at least, I believe) and the not really high speed of upgrading your astells I think, this "problem" of yours is something for the lategamecontent, means, you have a lot of time for that

Reactions: ChromasIV

Crush

Astellian
Jul 15, 2019
Farm the solo dungeons as much as you can. I literally have to combine, use or delete tons of star gems because I must get 5+ each solo dungeon run. You can run them in 3-8 minutes also, even has a so-so geared scholar.

ChromasIV

Astellian
May 24, 2019
Ah I meant the other star jewels for buying equipment from the special merchants; green star jewel, blue star jewel, black star jewel.

Each of them come from different things, just want clear way to obtain them, but right now it's not super clear.

I do understand how to obtain the jewels for astels, thanks for the information on this!

Atinuvijel

Astellian
Aug 4, 2019
ûps....ok, thats different^^.....sry, the only "stable source" for that "crystals(?)" was the storyline, some sidequests....I never saw them drop

Asuna

Astellian
Aug 24, 2019
According to the Wiki, the Archaeology profession can craft them.

Hope that helps!

Wish you good luck and good times.

Ideabulb

Astellian
Jul 5, 2019
Last edited:

ChromasIV

Astellian
May 24, 2019
No worries, thank you for linking the wiki. My goal is to find the quest lines with the rewards being the star jewels that we can trade for gear.

Hopefully more information will come to light once we come into release :)

Asuna

Astellian
Aug 24, 2019
You need to read better before trying to help others. They clarified he was not looking for star jewels which is what comes from crafting and gathering.
You're right, I misread that. The whole wiki can be accessed from there though, so it could help anyone that comes across it.

Wish you good luck and good times!

Reactions: CM Venecia

Ideabulb

Astellian
Jul 5, 2019
No worries, thank you for linking the wiki. My goal is to find the quest lines with the rewards being the star jewels that we can trade for gear.

Hopefully more information will come to light once we come into release :)
Would be very good if someone made a list of which quests give those and how to unlock them. So you dont have to do every quest that is basically a waste of time.

Last edited:

Asuna

Astellian
Aug 24, 2019
Would be very good if someone made a list of which quests give those and how to unlock them. So you dont have to do every quest that is bascially a useless waste of time.
Seems likely someone will eventually.

Wish you good luck and good times.

delaY

Astellian
Aug 15, 2019
Afaik the Black Star Jewels are rewards for Colosseum, GreenSJ for Avalon and BlueSJ for quests.
Aside from leveling, for the blues you can do those daily-repeatable quests which you encounter in some questhubs. We found them quite frequently and even more in the lvl40-50 area so there should be plenty to grind.
This is all from my memories of CBT1 so no certainties.^^

ChromasIV

Astellian
May 24, 2019
Afaik the Black Star Jewels are rewards for Colosseum, GreenSJ for Avalon and BlueSJ for quests.
Aside from leveling, for the blues you can do those daily-repeatable quests which you encounter in some questhubs. We found them quite frequently and even more in the lvl40-50 area so there should be plenty to grind.
This is all from my memories of CBT1 so no certainties.^^
Def a decent amount, I did see some 1 time quest that gave rewards but I feel like there should be repeatable ones as well.

Great info, Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: delaY

Ideabulb

Astellian
Jul 5, 2019
Def a decent amount, I did see some 1 time quest that gave rewards but I feel like there should be repeatable ones as well.

Great info, Thanks for sharing!
They come from colosseum you dont need repeatables.

Last edited: