Damage Meters

darkmoving

Astellian
Nov 9, 2019
Im 100 % against this , this will only boost people their ego and will also not take people anymore with to low dps ( wich is not right )

• Sad
Reactions: Kobe and Opa

Blunk

Astellian
Jun 5, 2019
Im 100 % against this , this will only boost people their ego and will also not take people anymore with to low dps ( wich is not right )
Why ? What do you want to hide ? Dps meters are perfect to check if your rota is perfect or not! You can optimize your character and compare with other to check if you do something wrong!
Or do you want to do the same in school ? Please no exams to check if I do my homework right or not ?
And if you donßt want to optimize yourself and just blink around, then you are not force to install a dps meter!

I do not understand why ppl should not have such a useful item only why other ppl are to lazy to optimize yourself and then complain...*cry* the content is to hard...!!!

So give us a dps meter, it is useful and the best tool overall!!

i think such comments is a mirror to your state of your life... lazy......scared that you are to bad for the content and others won´t play with you......don´t want to optimize yourself and just blink around..... why should other suffer only if your are to lazy to optimize yourself ? This is so selfish!!......just my 2 cents!!

darkmoving

Astellian
Nov 9, 2019
Why ? What do you want to hide ? Dps meters are perfect to check if your rota is perfect or not! You can optimize your character and compare with other to check if you do something wrong!
Or do you want to do the same in school ? Please no exams to check if I do my homework right or not ?
And if you donßt want to optimize yourself and just blink around, then you are not force to install a dps meter!

I do not understand why ppl should not have such a useful item only why other ppl are to lazy to optimize yourself and then complain...*cry* the content is to hard...!!!

So give us a dps meter, it is useful and the best tool overall!!

i think such comments is a mirror to your state of your life... lazy......scared that you are to bad for the content and others won´t play with you......don´t want to optimize yourself and just blink around..... why should other suffer only if your are to lazy to optimize yourself ? This is so selfish!!......just my 2 cents!!

Im against it because i played a lot of games where they also had dps meters and in all games the people seem to get arrogant and obsessed with dps and even compare it with other people , people will only get toxic to each other if the others have lower dps.

you want a dps meter for your minions ? they can implement that but i dont see it nesacery to have it , and they should have other priorities then those kind of things.

you can think whatever you want of me but i probably have much more experience with those kind of programs then you and know the disasvantages of what it can bring.

that you have a different opinion then me is totaly fine but i should never support it.

PlayingMyLastMMOs

Astellian
Sep 24, 2019
What they need to do here is to yield a better set of loots to those group that can do a dungeon faster than the rest of other groups.

Honestly, there is no point to run dimensional library and finish 17 mins (counted restroom time b4 bosses) with 0 death but end up with crappy purple and blue drops.

Regardless of skills, experience and gears, with this current looting system, no one will be motived to use food, AP pot, or even MP & HP pot in any dungeon. Because, guess what, no matter what my dps is, I am still not getting the treasure I want & the leg gears I want. I died during boss fight, refused to res up and wait the rest of my group members to finish the boss, however, I am getting lego wax and one decent double con earring. AND ETC.....You guys understand what I am saying !

It is true the damage meters are unfair when it comes to class difference (can a tank does more damage than archer?), also it will not motivate rookies to run high level dungeons with those expert people. But the current looting system must be changed, else match making system will still be dead.

The current status in N.A is extremely negative, dungeons other than CRV is dead. More than 90% of people (even those full T2 grandpas) simply run 3 CRVs per day then go afking. Cuz the 2 star Legendary dungeons drop nothing but bunch of blues & purples still, so there is no difference between running a Rutlass and running a Dimensional Library.

So, how to make people play better and contribute more to group prosperity? Simply, link loots quality directly to time used in running the dungeon and most importantly, death counts, let's say a mage dead in boss fight (only to boss AOE spells, but not to normal attack) 4 to 8 times, no legendary drop should be granted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pirylio

Airen

Astellian
Sep 17, 2019
What they need to do here is to yield a better set of loots to those group that can do a dungeon faster than the rest of other groups.

Honestly, there is no point to run dimensional library and finish 17 mins (counted restroom time b4 bosses) with 0 death but end up with crappy purple and blue drops.

Regardless of skills, experience and gears, with this current looting system, no one will be motived to use food, AP pot, or even MP & HP pot in any dungeon. Because, guess what, no matter what my dps is, I am still not getting the treasure I want & the leg gears I want. I died during boss fight, refused to res up and wait the rest of my group members to finish the boss, however, I am getting lego wax and one decent double con earring. AND ETC.....You guys understand what I am saying !

It is true the damage meters are unfair when it comes to class difference (can a tank does more damage than archer?), also it will not motivate rookies to run high level dungeons with those expert people. But the current looting system must be changed, else match making system will still be dead.

The current status in N.A is extremely negative, dungeons other than CRV is dead. More than 90% of people (even those full T2 grandpas) simply run 3 CRVs per day then go afking. Cuz the 2 star Legendary dungeons drop nothing but bunch of blues & purples still, so there is no difference between running a Rutlass and running a Dimensional Library.

So, how to make people play better and contribute more to group prosperity? Simply, link loots quality directly to time used in running the dungeon and most importantly, death counts, let's say a mage dead in boss fight (only to boss AOE spells, but not to normal attack) 4 to 8 times, no legendary drop should be granted.
I partially agree with some of this.. I've run all the dungeons many times and do notice increase drop rates of heroic/leg gear in T2 over T1 (CRV). The question whether the increase drop rate is worth the effort of running T2 is up to debate. But if you're looking to increase your chance of Leg gear, it is better to run T2.

Also, while the best treasures are in the T2, the upgrade over some T1 treasures is 1%. For example, T2 drop treasures that give 7% bonus, while T1 treasure equivalent give 6%. So that 1% added is not game changing. And the fact that T1 Prison still drops the best treasure for Healers, there's absolutely no reason for healers to want to run T2 stuff for treasure.

I do know the major benefit of running T2 is the Asper drop, which many don't consider when running dungeons. With loot buff CRV drops about 40k-45k asper, while T2 Havali, Library drop around 140k asper. So if you're looking for most money per ticket spent, T2 is the way to go.

While people can debate whether T2 is worth running over T1, in terms of pure asper/loot per ticket spent, T2 dungeons are better.

Reactions: Oklmq

Teknique03

Astellian
May 17, 2020
yeah we need a damage meter to keep people like exfabla that does 100 damge in legendary dungeon it's sad but live with it we need a quick run

Teknique03

Astellian
May 17, 2020
sad... game is slowly dying bad advertising imo..>>> if only they give that option try it for 7 day free of no charge like how wow did it or ffxiv i bet you guys this game will be blooming with player >>> what party finder im a healer lets go have fun

Darkey

Astellian
Mar 23, 2020
Hm, after that many class changes it would be greate to have an oportunity to evaluate your own dmg. It could be:
- DMG-meter for dungeons
- DMG-meter with a dummy
Both are ok and have benefits and disadvantage. But a least some possibility to show dmg log in system chat would be greate. I dont get, why that is so difficult, I never saw a mmorpg where you not even has a dmg log in chat. :(

Reactions: Kobe

Kobe

Astellian
Jan 25, 2020
Damage meters are essential to optimize abilities, rotations and itemization.
Min-maxing those three things is an entire game in itself.

I am sure the devs have combat logs running that's hidden from the client. It's just a matter of them enabling the logs and then we can run something like Advanced Combat Tracker to try and push the limits of our characters.

Lipino

Astellian
Jul 24, 2019
Well, when you hit a target you can see the damage showing up just for a moment, there is your meter .. ;)
Joke aside.. I don't know how far the devs are with that but people been requesting it since beta and the devs know that it's a huge anticipated feature suggested by the community. But I personally don't need it as I still can work on skill rotations even without to see the total damage. So I agree with having scarecrow dummies or something to work on the rotation at least. We actually have dummies there but not attackable.