[Date Changed] Update Preview[6/9 -> 6/11] (Pisces Ver.)

CM Niar

Community Manager
Staff Member
May 1, 2020

Greetings, Astellians,

The maintenance scheduled for 6/9 has been changed as follows.
For more information, please check the patch note later.

Maintenance Information:

- June 11th, 2020 00:00 AM ~ 05:00 AM (PDT)
- June 11th, 2020 07:00 AM ~ 12:00 PM (UTC)
- June 11th, 2020 04:00 PM ~ 09:00 PM (KST)

Thank You!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Master,

This is Pisces here with an update preview scheduled on June 9th.
Actually, I was worried if I was fit for such an important role that I couldn’t sleep at all last night...
Then Rota told me that she’ll write everything so I just need to be the shield. I’m not sure what she means, but I think it’s a good thing...?

1. Removal of daily quests and changes in weekly quests inside Greleaf, Rag Rock, and Astara

Master, the daily quests have been tiring since the Tulie update, right?
That’s why I heard that the hunting quests in Greleaf, Rag Rock, and Astara will change.
It means there’s going to be fewer quests to worry about!
Rota told me that all the quests are going to merge into “Scattered God's Fragment” weekly quest.
She says that “Scattered God's Fragment” will be available anywhere in Greleaf, Rag Rock, and Astara.
It must be a reallyreallyreeeaaaaally great god that got scattered. T... t...they didn’t die when they got scattered... right?
I feel bad for the god... Let’s recollect them as soon as possible, Master.

2. Boss quests in Greleaf, Rag Rock, and Astara will be removed; bosses become stronger

I hear the bosses in Greleaf, Rag Rock, and Astara are going to become much stronger.
Rota told me it’s because they were in a place that’s rich in Atra.
Since Pisces is also beside Master - who is a great ball of Atra, she’ll become stronger... right...?
The number of stars I am is……
Umm… Master, let’s become stronger together! Pisces is alright.
Um, what was I saying again?
Bosses. Right. When a boss is defeated, all Star Callers that participate will receive the rewards equally.
In exchange, the weekly boss quests are going to disappear.

3. Deck Effect point increase according to Astel Grade Level

Master, us Astels used to be weak when our grades were low, right?
I’ve heard that now even Astels who have a low grade can receive good Deck effects.
If Master can use various Astel friends in various ways, Master can make your own unique Deck Buff.

4. Atra Potion

Atra Potions are really important items that help Master summon many of us Astels at once.
But we just dump them out whenever there isn't any inventory space, right?
Actually, whenever Pisces saw all the wasted Atra Potions, her heart went ba-bump ba-bump.
B-b-but, now all the blue Atra Potions we gathered from here and there are going to be combined into one type of Atra Potion.
I mean the potion that we got from things like, log-in rewards, in-dungeon bosses, and Star Caller Coins.

*Ahem* This was Pisces speaking.
...*Whew* how was it? Did Pisces make any mistakes?
I think Rota should do important things like announcements since she’s really smart, but she says that she doesn't want to…
Canceria is really smart too! But she said she had a stomachache and ran off...

Link said he will become immortal if Pisces becomes the announcement GM, but Pisces doesn’t understand what that means…
Still, Pisces is really happy to be the first one to bring Master new news!
Master, if there is any more news, Pisces will be the first one to come running like this time!

Last edited by a moderator:

Oklmq

Astellian
Jun 19, 2019
wait...so should we be excited about this news? So its with this kind of updates you think you will recover a playerbase (new players) and get back old players??? Are you really serious anymore???

What about just add worth content? and not just rework stuff done in few mins?

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
wait...so should we be excited about this news? So its with this kind of updates you think you will recover a playerbase (new players) and get back old players??? Are you really serious anymore???

What about just add worth content? and not just rework stuff done in few mins?
Are YOU serious? We just got a huge map with story etc LAST WEEK. Calm your titties and chill.

Oklmq

Astellian
Jun 19, 2019
Are YOU serious? We just got a huge map with story etc LAST WEEK. Calm your titties and chill.
Tulie a content that was for new/steam players? Most people finished it in few hours, at max few days, star's caller included, and the dungeon is a big joke

I'm asking content like harder dungeons (2,3 and 2,4) a bit like we had in january with haveli and library (but longer), a RAID, a NEW and worth Worldboss (hard one too)
And for casual/new player content, a new level cap (lvl60), an story expansion with the 3 big new regions promised, a new subclass, a new class, gender unlocking etc

What a mmorpg should deliver after 9 months or more of existence (with the money we give them),

BTW i dont invent anything its marked there in PLAIN TEXT https://www.astellia-mmo.com/news/info/50/announcements/2

ofc i dont mention the basics updates (like rework updates with nothing new) like this 9th june update...like the QoL/features updates, the translation fixes, the bug fixes, the optimization fixes etc this is NOT called CONTENT and is mostly for NEW PLAYERS/STEAM players (cash cows)

Last edited:
Reactions: Freggel and Kelyrra

Terala

Astellian
May 22, 2020
So its with this kind of updates you think you will recover a playerbase (new players) and get back old players???
i can't talk for anyone else, of course ...

but for me personally, these are two - entirely seperated - issues

the one thing, content to clear, challanging things to overcome, non repetative/grindy feeling and interesting stuff to do
and the other thing the ammount of time consumption ... the daily grind

for me, these are two seperated issues

and especially the dailys where one of the big issues for me personally,
why i already thought about playing less or even completely stop playing

becouse it simply took away sooo much time ...
and for what ? ... to kill the exact same 100 mobs, you've killed day in, day out since the release of the game

so yes, it got boring
so yes, it felt like an unneccecary time consumption
and the worst thing about it all ... it felt uninteresting
more like ... the devs trying to put a part-time job into a game and less like playing a game

now i do know, that the mentality in other continents about issues such as grind and rng may be different from ours,
and i do know, that there are certain players, who enjoy these kind of mentality, these kind of gameplay

but as with everything, the quote of my old teacher also applies here

"the dose makes the poison, something usefull as a medicin, if used in the right ammount ... it can kill you instantly, if overdosed"

and exactly that was the feeling ... the vibe this game gave off ...
yesterday i was joking with a friend of mine ... something like this

players : we want more, hard and challanging content ... something to overcome ... something, to work towards, what not everyone acchieves instantly

cm : hey, the players want more to do

devs : okay, i have a great idea, let's implement a new daily ... let's see ... kill 1000 mobs sounds good, doesn't it ... should keep them occupied for a while

and exactly that was, how it felt ... it felt like ... someone, somewhere ... misinterpreted the call for content with repetable, daily grind of the same hundreds of mobs for month ...

it felt repetative, tedious, senseless and uninteresting
so to come back to my old teachers saying ... they overdosed / overdid it with all these stuff

so at least for me ... and yes, i can only speak for myself there
for me ... it is actually a huge plus ... as it will allow me, to save some time to do other stuff i enjoy/want to do ...
since it will take away one of the most repeatative, frustrating, boring ... or simply time consuming ... elements of these game for me

and as a side note :
please try, to actually seperate content and grind from each other [@previous poster]

Oklmq

Astellian
Jun 19, 2019
For me those new uptades prove that the devs care a bit for the game and that are adressing some old issues of the game
Old issues? that old players waited fixes for months or since launch and dont care anymore BECAUSE old players USED to play with all these issues for 9 Months its too late for them...lol ofc its ok for new players, and we know why they do these useless updates because new players bring dev/publisher more money than oldplayers/hardcore players.. Thats just the truth and its just sad (because we know among all new players only a few stay after hitting lvl 50)

1 new player= 1 package (minimum of 25dollars or more)
Old player if spend nothing on cash shop = 0 dollar
Cash shop isnt really updated anymore, no new skins, or mounts nothing worth to buy as an old player.

They dont care for creating worth and harder content for old players , because it costs them too much and bring them no money... a new player buying a package is a sure 100% value, you never know if an existing player might or might not spend money on cash shop after some months.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Kojomi

Yoiramen

Astellian
May 2, 2020
Happy to see some things are changing. Hopefully this is the start of much more needed things to change for new/old players. Can't wait to see what is next! Yay!

Zentraxius

Astellian
Apr 25, 2020
Tulie was a joke as an update, they don't have new players because they don't advertise, they don't keep old players because there's nothing new and no new players.

The most wild thing about the tulie update wasn't even the content, it was items not being bound on pickup anymore. Which wasn't even in the notes.

The best part about your update not even being in the notes says alot about the update.

Reactions: Pirylio

OmBen

Astellian
Mar 3, 2020
man, lets take a few moment to appreciate the works.. its no use always blaming and complaining.. all that matters is we love the game, and devs seems to give it a bit more love lately.

remember when there is no update / patch a few months ago ? when every weeks just scheduled maintenance, no rework, no patch, nothing.

now there is a few change made in month, not perfect, some even disappointing.. but i appreciate the update better than nothing at all..

9 June update seems good, im tired doing dailies every days, and this patch hit the spot for me.

• Haha
Reactions: Reeney and Pirylio

Alys

Astellian
Sep 1, 2019
The update is okay but devs have to understand that players want not only modification of the existing content but NEW ADDITIONAL content = content that does not already exist actually.

i am afraid that for old players it is still not enough and it will not encourage them to log in more or to come back.

Reactions: Pirylio

Reeney

Astellian
May 24, 2019
The update is okay but devs have to understand that players want not only modification of the existing content but NEW ADDITIONAL content = content that does not already exist actually.

i am afraid that for old players it is still not enough and it will not encourage them to log in more or to come back.
The city Tulie didn't already exist. Using your definition last week's update should be new additional content.
It's not enough? It's not less than new story updates in other games like BnS.

Now, they are fixing some old things. That's important, too.
Don't forget that a lot of players complained about to many, kind of identically (daily) quests.
And to be honest they should prioritize all the old things to complete the existing game, gameplay issuses like fixing localization / translation errors , old promises like male mage / archer / scholar ....

Depending on the number of devs (or teams) they need time to implement all the things that players want, in particular it's not possible to create a hugh amount of new, flawless content in a short period of time or to do everything at the same time. They have to prioritize.
In my opinion they seem to do a good job recently. Adding new content AND optimizing old content little by little - addressing different players' wishes.

• Haha
Reactions: Oklmq

Rizzl

Astellian
Jun 3, 2020
Love everything about this update! Presentation is funny and content seems good as far!

Dailys/Weekly are getting tiresome. Most ppl I know don't do dailys anymore and just try to get weekly fragments in all zones

Of course we have to wait and see how it plays out in the end, with patchnotes and hidden changes and the new bugs that will be no doubt coming with this update.

Tulie a content that was for new/steam players? Most people finished it in few hours, at max few days, star's caller included, and the dungeon is a big joke

I'm asking content like harder dungeons (2,3 and 2,4) a bit like we had in january with haveli and library (but longer), a RAID, a NEW and worth Worldboss (hard one too)
And for casual/new player content, a new level cap (lvl60), an story expansion with the 3 big new regions promised, a new subclass, a new class, gender unlocking etc

What a mmorpg should deliver after 9 months or more of existence (with the money we give them),

BTW i dont invent anything its marked there in PLAIN TEXT https://www.astellia-mmo.com/news/info/50/announcements/2

ofc i dont mention the basics updates (like rework updates with nothing new) like this 9th june update...like the QoL/features updates, the translation fixes, the bug fixes, the optimization fixes etc this is NOT called CONTENT and is mostly for NEW PLAYERS/STEAM players (cash cows)
To be honest, if I were Studio 8 (or whoever owns this now) I would do all that! And then sell it to us as a DLC for 10-20 bucks like every other game does it, too. This way you get something from old (paid DLC) and new ( New kind of packages with game and DLC) players.
But maybe that's just me :)

Alys

Astellian
Sep 1, 2019
The city Tulie didn't already exist. Using your definition last week's update should be new additional content.
It's not enough? It's not less than new story updates in other games like BnS.

Now, they are fixing some old things. That's important, too.
Don't forget that a lot of players complained about to many, kind of identically (daily) quests.
And to be honest they should prioritize all the old things to complete the existing game, gameplay issuses like fixing localization / translation errors , old promises like male mage / archer / scholar ....

Depending on the number of devs (or teams) they need time to implement all the things that players want, in particular it's not possible to create a hugh amount of new, flawless content in a short period of time or to do everything at the same time. They have to prioritize.
In my opinion they seem to do a good job recently. Adding new content AND optimizing old content little by little - addressing different players' wishes.
No problem to modify things like dailies but it wont be enough. So far the wishes of the old players have not been granted.

To be honest, if I were Studio 8 (or whoever owns this now) I would do all that! And then sell it to us as a DLC for 10-20 bucks like every other game does it, too. This way you get something from old (paid DLC) and new ( New kind of packages with game and DLC) players.
But maybe that's just me :)
You just cant expect player to pay Something if it does not Worth it and Tulie is a new content but an empty one (story done in 4h maximum if you read all the quests which I did), star tales is also done very quickly... And the "famous" new dungeonS... sorry to say but it's just a big lie !

Juste look at the results of the Survey... If I were them, I'd really ask myself the right questions...

Ask you just one thing: how many old players left because of the lack of content (I would say if i'm looking for my own guild more than half of the whole players).
In an mmorpg, keep your base of old players, you will always have new ones who will come, but old ones who won't stay especially...

Darkey

Astellian
Mar 23, 2020
bla bla.....54 lines about new update.....bla bla
Ok, funny, but the same content could be written in 4 lines:
- daily quest in Greleaf, Rag Rock, and Astara removed and weekly quests changed
- bosses in Greleaf, Rag Rock, and Astara gets stronger
- more deck effect point from astells on lower level
- atra potion can be combined to stronger one

On one hand - the changes are great - this proves devs/CMs care about the game and have analyzed the problems of the community and peeked some to solve, but on other hand - did you wrote 54 lines to conceal how insignificant this changes are or to conceal the fact, that no content from roadmap was implemented? :rolleyes:

• Haha

Terala

Astellian
May 22, 2020
Ok, funny, but the same content could be written in 4 lines:
- daily quest in Greleaf, Rag Rock, and Astara removed and weekly quests changed
- bosses in Greleaf, Rag Rock, and Astara gets stronger
- more deck effect point from astells on lower level
- atra potion can be combined to stronger one
atra potions can't be combined to stronger ones ... they just can be stacked [so one type of potion instead of xx different ones]

also i don't read anything about the weekly quests changed ...
what i can read out of it is, that the dailys get combined into a new weekly
that the boss-weekly will no longer exist ... but that bosses in turn get stronger and drop for everybody

and about the "more deck effect points on lower level" ...

well ... that can be interpreted this or that way ...

the only thing that's written is, that also low astels will be able to acchieve good deck-effects
how they do it ... by adding more deck effect points ... by adding new deck-effects in and on itself ... or by changing the way the deck-effects combine / are calculated (so simply by adding more steps within the effects ... instead of 9,15,2-something a 3,6,9 step)

thats not mentioned with even a single word within these update ;)

so yes, it could be said with just a few words ... but if you realy want to do that ... than at least do it correct :p

Terala

Astellian
May 22, 2020
Expand storage and inventory tabs pls
agree, but it would already be a good start to actually put all the hundreds of (everygrowing) titles and treasures into a sperated one [or even if a book, where you have a list of your already obtained ones and can re-craft them out of it] instead of the inventory

Reactions: Oklmq and Yoiramen

Yoiramen

Astellian
May 2, 2020
agree, but it would already be a good start to actually put all the hundreds of (everygrowing) titles and treasures into a sperated one [or even if a book, where you have a list of your already obtained ones and can re-craft them out of it] instead of the inventory
I LOVEEE the book idea! That be awesome! Or a new tab called title and its a codex book like! Genius!