[Devs should see this] Atra Crystals Percents

Melphyx

Astellian
Jul 16, 2019
Greetings.
I dont know where to post feedbacks or suggestions. Thus i did here

Its only a suggestion. Im not pretend force devs to improve the gameplay.

Atra Crystal are good, because raise the toon's stats.
Legendary Atra Crystals has 2.9% ~ 7.0% more stats, but the chance (RNG) to get a decent percent is literally frustrating.
Then players use to sell them for millions astels. For what? to get 2.9% each time?

i guess if devs replace the range percents for fixed percents gonna work better.
This image explain what i mean.

Atra Crystals Fixed Percents

Frostbyte

Astellian
Oct 2, 2019
It would definitely get me to use more Heroic and Legendary Atra Crystals. Also making them more desirable, increasing trade since they're not bound like most gear is.

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
personally, i do believe
that the atra-crystals doesn't naccacarily need to rise in numbers but rather could deminish in rng

for example ... every atra stone (even the white and green ones) could give you the range from 0 to 7 % [that way, these low-lvl crystals would have an actuale usefull usage, for your first few rolls]

and than step by step, these rng-range could diminish
green 1 to 7
blue 3 to 7
heroic 5 to seven
legandary 6 to seven

that way, you would give players a possibility,
to reduce rng with efford ... and at the same time create a use, for lower-grade crystals

Gioppi

Astellian
Sep 9, 2019
The system is meant to be like this or in 2 months you would get all 30+ instead of 1+ years of try but still ye i feel tou, every time getting a good rolls and in the end a bad one T.T

Last edited:

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
1. Just let us merge the atra - crystals e.g.:

- 20 white -> 1 green
- 10 green -> 1 blue
- 5 blue -> 1 violet
- 3 violet -> 1 orange

So the players have much more chances to get better percentages overall and the white/green/blue crystals would make more sense.

2. Make a system which lets you rollback to your old percentage, when the 5 used crystals won´t bring better stats. Means:

- You´ve 30% on strength and you reroll it.
- You only roll 29% now.
- The system will automatically say something like "Failed, you get your old percentages back."

Both together would prevent from fail-frustration, but you still need to farm a lot of crystals and you can always get a bit more and more progress until you´re so lucky to reach the 35% gap.

Reactions: Ciara San and Terra

Gioppi

Astellian
Sep 9, 2019
ye that would be the only way to get 35% or else it s impossible.

ChromasIV

Astellian
May 24, 2019
The system is meant to be like this or in 2 months you would get all 30+ instead of 1+ years of try but still ye i feel tou, every time getting a good rolls and in the end a bad one T.T
People are tired of RNG stat increase. It doesn't provide any sense of accomplishment anymore. The time for that is over and needs to be replaced with stuff that is progressive.

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
People are tired of RNG stat increase. It doesn't provide any sense of accomplishment anymore. The time for that is over and needs to be replaced with stuff that is progressive.
the problem isn't so much the RNG stat increase,
but more how much/high that RNG within it is

i just can't stop to quote my old chemistry teacher, becouse he was soo right in it
"the dose makes the poison ... a substance used rightly can cure a patient ... a substance used in an overdose can give him an insta kill"

and the exact same issue is the case here

the peaple don't mind, having to farm a bit ... they don't even mind, having to farm much
the peaple don't mind, having to put efford into it, to squeeze out that last 2% stat increase, they're still missing out
nobody would care about that

but a "oh, sorry, you failed ... back to start" is something, most of us find frustrating and demotivating

in the case of atra-stones,
it's exactly as micela says

the RNG itself,
the "oh sorry, you failed ... want to get 27% instead of 25%" isn't the real problem here
the "oh sorry you failed ... let's reset you from the 27% to 0% ... maybe, if youre realy lucky, you will se your old 27 again one day in your next life" is

it's cure vs overdose

and that's not just with the atra-stones,
but with all rng-mechanics we have in place within this game

they're designed,
to take away everything from the player,
making him restart - literally - from scratch

they don't feel rewarding,
they don't give you the impression of actually acchieving something / getting somewhere a little bit closer towards your goal

instead, they take away from you over and over again ... resetting you to zero and making you start from scratch

it's not the existance of RNG itself, which is the core-problem,
it's the ammount of RNG, which kills the patient

Reactions: kaze_no-jin

Naunet

Astellian
Aug 3, 2019
Have to say I absolutely hate the Atra Crystal system - mostly it's the all-or-nothing reset to it.

It's not motivating to participate in - quite the opposite, in fact.

Zwiebel

Astellian
Jul 4, 2019
This is the first time I see someone complain about this. Seriously its not hard to get 25%. Also it doesnt even make that much of a power difference because main stats dont even increase secondary stats all that much.

Yes this could be changed.

But it would also require a complete rebalancing of Atra Crystal drop rates because they drop far too often. In the end its imho not worth the trouble.

buismor

Astellian
Aug 5, 2019
This is the first time I see someone complain about this. Seriously its not hard to get 25%. Also it doesnt even make that much of a power difference because main stats dont even increase secondary stats all that much.

Yes this could be changed.

But it would also require a complete rebalancing of Atra Crystal drop rates because they drop far too often. In the end its imho not worth the trouble.
I think the underlying issue is mostly that Legendary Atra Crystals are basically a waste of money as they give the same MAX roll as Heroic Atra Crystals... the only difference between the 2 is that minimum roll which is ONLY 0.6% higher on the Legendary Atra Crystal. And of course the fact that if you get 4 good rolls and on the last roll you get a crappy roll you will need to restart all over again, and getting 25% with Rare Atra Crystals requires godly RNG, otherwise you will need spend a pretty penny on Heroic Atra Crystals, which aren't the cheapest items on AH.

IMO they should implement a system to combine Atra Crystals of the same tier to get a "perfected" version that gives either only the max roll or has a much smaller range of rolls like for example: combine 3 Legendary Atra Crystals to get a "perfected" version with a range of 6-7, instead of the measly 2.9-7. That would give lower tier Crystals much more value as well since Common and Uncommon are practically vendor trash... and most of all Legendary Atra Crystals would finally be worth using...

Zwiebel

Astellian
Jul 4, 2019
I think the underlying issue is mostly that Legendary Atra Crystals are basically a waste of money as they give the same MAX roll as Heroic Atra Crystals... the only difference between the 2 is that minimum roll which is ONLY 0.6% higher on the Legendary Atra Crystal. And of course the fact that if you get 4 good rolls and on the last roll you get a crappy roll you will need to restart all over again, and getting 25% with Rare Atra Crystals requires godly RNG, otherwise you will need spend a pretty penny on Heroic Atra Crystals, which aren't the cheapest items on AH.

IMO they should implement a system to combine Atra Crystals of the same tier to get a "perfected" version that gives either only the max roll or has a much smaller range of rolls like for example: combine 3 Legendary Atra Crystals to get a "perfected" version with a range of 6-7, instead of the measly 2.9-7. That would give lower tier Crystals much more value as well since Common and Uncommon are practically vendor trash... and most of all Legendary Atra Crystals would finally be worth using...
I agree that legendary atra crystal are underwhelming. Imho thats the thing that could be used to reduce the luck factor when upgrading stats. Like keep the max on legendary atra crystals but drastically increase the minimum. Only on legendaries though. The others are too easy to get for that to not throw game balance out of whack.

This could lead to interesting risk vs reward scenarios. Like if I get three good rolls on my first 3 heroics. Do i keep going with heroics risking bad rolls? Or do i go the safe route by investing into legendaries at that point?

Reactions: Roro and Beauron

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
the question here is,

if the "only the minimum increases" ... also affects the avarage
[like between 0 and 100 the avarage is 50 ... between 10 and 100 the average already is already at a 60]
that's the real question

but i agree with you,
there should be the possibility, to either retry your last roll OR to reset to the previouse best roll [like the armor system before failing is] OR the possibility, to merge several crystals into better versions of them

in fact, that's the one thing everyone likes about the itemfusion :
you can decide for yourself, how you want to lay your rng/risk vs work/safety bar

Naunet

Astellian
Aug 3, 2019
I think the RNG in % should be taken out. There is SO MUCH RNG in this game already, do we really need it for stat points?? They let us freely enhance abilities. I think they should let us freely enhance stat points in the same fashion. This is a system that simply isn't necessary and definitely smells like it would be ripe for cash shop exploitation in the future.

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
This is a system that simply isn't necessary and definitely smells like it would be ripe for cash shop exploitation in the future.
this IS a cash-shop mechanics with the korean cash-shop cut out for the international versions

Naunet

Astellian
Aug 3, 2019
this IS a cash-shop mechanics with the korean cash-shop cut out for the international versions
Yeah, I figured as much, which is why it would be really nice if they stripped that kind of thing out of our version. It makes me really nervous, as they could very easily re-insert the cash shop stuff into our version...

Reactions: Pirylio

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
Yeah, I figured as much, which is why it would be really nice if they stripped that kind of thing out of our version. It makes me really nervous, as they could very easily re-insert the cash shop stuff into our version...
i doubt, that they would dare such an attempt

they know verry well themselves,
that exactly the fact, that the cash-shop is highly limited, is one of the last major factors, keeping the peaple within the game
and was the major factor for many of us, to buy it in the first place

if they would do something like that,
they would instantly loose huge parts of their playerbase

and a game without players wouldn't be fun to pay for ... not only for a few remaining ones

so the only situation,
i can imagine this game turning into such a direction

would be, when the devs themselfes decided,
that it would be better, to just let the game die

and in that scenario it wouldn't even matter anymore if they would re-insert anything at all