Does Seeker Deck Effect Even Work?

Kobe

Astellian
Jan 25, 2020
After months of grinding I finally got Seeker to level two and I haven't noticed any discernible difference with loot or Asper at all.
Of course, I didn't notice any difference with level one either, but even with level two it's still pretty much the same. How does someoene even get to level 3 esp. when Seeker has no boost from treasures? I think even with all Astels at level 10 it wouldn;t be enough to reach level 3.

The tooltip says "Inrease item drop rate and the amount of Asper obtained"

The wording in this game can be very confusing and/or ambiguous at times. For eg. does it mean item drop rate for bosses? or is it just for trash mobs? Is it for dungeons or open world only? Can CM's please explain thank you.

CriticalMass

Astellian
Apr 3, 2020
I was actually wondering same but with Chemist deck effect, granted i only have lvl1 but after spam dismantling over 100 items and not getting single proc made me think that does it even work >_>

Mycki

Astellian
Jan 8, 2020
it works since it increase the asper drop from bosses but the drop rate it's not guarenteed thing but its a % thing
i have never done the math to see if its possible to reach lv 3 but you can easily reach lv 2

Reactions: Pandalicious

buismor

Astellian
Aug 5, 2019
1. Seeker effect does work, from what I found after using it for a few weeks, it gives a total of 10% increase at lvl 1 and 15% at lvl 2.
2. it is possible to get lvl 3 Seeker deck effect, BUT right now it's not possible because it requires 3 out of the 4 astels that have it to be 10 stars, while the remaining astel to be at least 9 star. Currently we can only get up to 9 stars on our astels, so we will need to wait for 10 stars to become available.

Falconer_Joanna

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
I don't know how you arrived at those numbers Buismor, I run seeker level 2 in all PvE and was thinking it improves the quality of items, not the quantity. Nonetheless, I would love to know how you determined that.

As for Critical mass, Chemist really does work. I have Chemist Level 1, when you dismantle stuff, you'll occasionally see a popup "You've obtained additional stones", when chemist kicks in, you get double the amount of stones. It's a very nice bonus, don't dismantle without it.

buismor

Astellian
Aug 5, 2019
I don't know how you arrived at those numbers Buismor, I run seeker level 2 in all PvE and was thinking it improves the quality of items, not the quantity. Nonetheless, I would love to know how you determined that.
I was farming lvl 45 mobs in Athlon without the Seeker buff and with it at both lvl 1 and lvl 2. I was getting ~45 Asper without Seeker, ~50 with Seeker lvl 1 and ~52 with Seeker lvl 2. You can do simple math to find out the %.

Reactions: Falconer_Joanna

Kobe

Astellian
Jan 25, 2020
All of us are talking anecdotal so it's hard to determine whether it really works or not. We need hard data, but is there anyone willing to take their time to make a spreadsheet for this? From my experience it doesn't work, if anything I'm getting less Asper since hitting level 2 Seeker.

What about 'Rich' deck effect? I don't even have level one yet for that. Has anyone managed to receive double Asper on bosses?

Now the thing is, let's assume it does work the way buismor said, I still think it is much too low of a buff. We are talking about grinding for months on end and utilizing four Astels just for the deck effect. The time vs reward is simply not enough. That goes for other deck effects too. They all need a serious buff.

Mycki

Astellian
Jan 8, 2020
seeker does not improve the quality of the items but the quantity ...if it really is 10% you will never see the difference , its a small amount but its nice to have especially with rich... ( any% is better than 0% )
in my opinion seeker 2 is a waste of time but you can get seeker 1 with just 2 astel so you have more space to put also rich and speaker or rapid fire in the deck effects

Falconer_Joanna

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
What about 'Rich' deck effect? I don't even have level one yet for that. Has anyone managed to receive double Asper on bosses?
Not on bosses, but then I have only run "Rich" in a couple dungeons, the Astels needed for the effect, just aren't valuable enough for me to bring in harder dungeons. But on mobs, yes it is definitely double asper when it kicks in, I've had that happen many times.

CriticalMass

Astellian
Apr 3, 2020
As for Critical mass, Chemist really does work. I have Chemist Level 1, when you dismantle stuff, you'll occasionally see a popup "You've obtained additional stones", when chemist kicks in, you get double the amount of stones. It's a very nice bonus, don't dismantle without it.
Nice to know. Seems like the proc rate is kinda low then at least on lvl1.

Reactions: Pirylio

Kobe

Astellian
Jan 25, 2020
Not on bosses, but then I have only run "Rich" in a couple dungeons, the Astels needed for the effect, just aren't valuable enough for me to bring in harder dungeons. But on mobs, yes it is definitely double asper when it kicks in, I've had that happen many times.
That's why the wording in this game really grinds my gears.

Rich Deck Effect

"There is a chance that you'll obtain twice as much Asper when looting corpses"

I guess looting from bosses is not considered looting corpses.