Does the Grade you get at the end of Dungeons actually matter?

Kilvorian

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
I've been a part of some zero dps groups that barely clear dungeons and seen people get 2 legendaries at the end of it with a D grade and been a part of plenty of S grade runs where noone even got a single heroic item. Can a staff member clarify exactly what the grade means at the end of the dungeon towards the loot drops(if anything) I'm like 95% towards the grade is simply just to let you know how your group did and has zero bearing towards the loot drops of the final boss. @ any CM or GM please and thank you.

Frostbyte

Astellian
Oct 2, 2019
I'm not a CM or GM, but I'd like to agree with what you wrote. Doesn't seem to matter the grade as far as drops are concerned, from what I've seen and heard. If this is in fact the case, what does the grade system do other than rate the quickness/kills/deaths of the party?

Flet

Astellian
Oct 11, 2019
I went looking through various korean forums for an answer to this some time back. I couldnt find anything conclusive but the opinions i did find (which were from earlier this year, nothing more current) was that it meant nothing. So i suppose its only to get the s rank achievements and then it doesn't matter.
Ive taken to just rushing through them skipping as many mobs as i can, and even found some guides on korean forums discussing best way to skip through some, so i dont think they worry too much about s ranking.

Quizzical

Astellian
Oct 13, 2019
The amount of asper certainly depends on the grade you get. The number of drops may, as well, though the quality of them probably won't.

Evo

Astellian
May 24, 2019
you will get more drops when the grade is higher. but it wont effect the quality of your loot

Frostbyte

Astellian
Oct 2, 2019
looking for a response from an official source so this can be put to bed
@GM Galahad wrote in a ticket response:

GM Galahad here! 😇

That's a good question but I don't have a specific answer to give you ^^

Logic would say that it increases the drops but we can't be 100% sure, I think that the fact that what it changes is not displayed is intentend, it's something players have to explore 😉 You could try to do a dungeon very badly to see if you get similar things than when you get a S ^^

Also, we could say that it's more satisfying to get a better grade, and if I'm not wrong, there are different achievements depending on the grade you get, and the rewards must be different as well

Have a great day,

GM Galahad
So we know there's only achievements for Scenario, Solo, Party, and Legendary. So its not the achievements. Drops? Nope, we've covered that. Only thing I can think of besides just seeing how well the party did overall is potentially the amount of experience and asper gained, though I'd have to personally test these theories myself to find out, unless anyone already knows.

Kilvorian

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
Yes the only drops that could even possibly be affected would be the drops from the final boss. The fact that GM's cannot answer questions like what mob drops pollack and does the final grade of a dungeon actually affect the loot from the final boss or not is concerning... Do they not have to take a look at and create the loot tables and/or have access to these things. I enjoy the game but these should be some pretty basic questions and answers for the people that should have access to the loot tables. I shouldn't be forced to level an alt and track all of the drops I get to make a table myself of the drops of the different mobs. We shouldn't be forced to just continue to guess whether or not the final grade of a dungeon affects the drops or not.

Frostbyte

Astellian
Oct 2, 2019
Just did Hash Legendary with A and S. The only difference was a slight bit more Asper for S.

A Rank = 23,943 XP and 42,872 Asper
S Rank = 23,943 XP and 48,020 Asper