Exp required to reach the 15th star

Nelexes

Astellian
Jan 30, 2020
Hi :)

yesterday I was testing some things and I noticed that the amount of exp required to go from the 10th star (second subclass) to the 15th star (third subclass) has been halved (more or less). I don't know the quantities for the previous stars, but here is the chart for the third subclass. I think that they halved the amount required for the second and the first subclass too.
I don't know if it was already noticed😅

Third subclassPreviousNow
First star3.307.3991.310.899
Second star4.345.4871.892.889
Third star6.283.4182.944.259
Forth star9.733.6164.751.905
Fifth star16.3305918.043.948
Switching class10.211.52130.000

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
The switching is correct, but 6th,7th,8th,9th,10th etc up to 15th cost more than 1st to 5th. At least it did before. Would be a huge scam to us who farmed hundred millions of exp before if it is that few now.

Reactions: Shortie

Mycki

Astellian
Jan 8, 2020
I can confirm that they reduced the cost by 50% at least from 10 to 15 star...not sure from 1 to 10

Apocryphas

Astellian
Feb 9, 2020
Just all the time it took us to farm exp for our awakened skills, just now feels like we all wasted our time. Most of us have 40m+ exp saved up after reaching 15 stars. Some people only grinded so hard for the skill and to switch back. So us long term players actually just wasted our time in reality.

Shortie

Astellian
Sep 10, 2019
The switching is correct, but 6th,7th,8th,9th,10th etc up to 15th cost more than 1st to 5th. At least it did before. Would be a huge scam to us who farmed hundred millions of exp before if it is that few now.

yea I felt the same way and plus finding out we lose our 5tars that they stay with the other subclass that we work so hard for what a waste

Falconer_Joanna

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
There really is no reason to go past your 5th star. This whole “swapping advanced class” is an illusion, so I now have to swap armor, weapons and all accessories if I want to change subclass, since (for my class) two subclasses stress different attributes.

Being that I just ‘spent’ ~800,000 stones to go from +7 to +6 on a single accessory, the idea that I would have multiple sets of T2 accessories is laughable.

Not to mention there is no reason whatsoever to run ANY dungeon other than DEN, as they all drop the same Astels, and the thought that you would actually get a drop you would wind up equipping is nonsensical (I believe I have kept and equipped less than 6 items in over 1500 dungeons currently).

Let’s not forget that most DPS Astels we’re significantly nerfed with NOTHING in the patch notes, or the MANY nerfs to skills that didn’t make the patch notes (like the nerf to cooldown for Evasive Arrow from 7 seconds to 20 seconds - oh but wait the Bounty Hunter gets an advanced Evasive Arrow skill with a 10 second cooldown) - STILL worse than the original and not a peep in the patch notes.......

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
There really is no reason to go past your 5th star. This whole “swapping advanced class” is an illusion, so I now have to swap armor, weapons and all accessories if I want to change subclass, since (for my class) two subclasses stress different attributes.

Being that I just ‘spent’ ~800,000 stones to go from +7 to +6 on a single accessory, the idea that I would have multiple sets of T2 accessories is laughable.

Not to mention there is no reason whatsoever to run ANY dungeon other than DEN, as they all drop the same Astels, and the thought that you would actually get a drop you would wind up equipping is nonsensical (I believe I have kept and equipped less than 6 items in over 1500 dungeons currently).

Let’s not forget that most DPS Astels we’re significantly nerfed with NOTHING in the patch notes, or the MANY nerfs to skills that didn’t make the patch notes (like the nerf to cooldown for Evasive Arrow from 7 seconds to 20 seconds - oh but wait the Bounty Hunter gets an advanced Evasive Arrow skill with a 10 second cooldown) - STILL worse than the original and not a peep in the patch notes.......
As Archer, you can use your accs. My accs are around 70% AGI 30% they are perfectly fine on both Hawkeye and Ranger. And its Hawkeye that gets the Evasive Arrow. Think about it. Thats a pure PvP Skill and Archer, especially Ranger, was very strong in PvP.

Falconer_Joanna

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
As Archer, you can use your accs. My accs are around 70% AGI 30% they are perfectly fine on both Hawkeye and Ranger. And its Hawkeye that gets the Evasive Arrow. Think about it. Thats a pure PvP Skill and Archer, especially Ranger, was very strong in PvP.
The problem is the ranger gets a bonus to evasion, thus stressing AGI and DEX makes sense. Without the evasion bonus, the Hawkeye and the Bounty Hunter need more CON than the Ranger does. My ACCs are all AGI and DEX, with my CON bonuses on my weapon. I’d be a simple one shot kill without Evasion.

Not to mention I chose Ranger based on its bonuses, not it’s skills. Removing useful skills like Phoenix, adding worthless skills like blast arrow (and then nerfing it to require a casting time) or Eagle Strike (an area skill you use to set up a solo attack) both of which I never used when I was that subclass. Makes the game FAR less fun. Ranger was nice because you were good at PvP and could contribute in PvE. Now you’re much worse in both. Believe me, if I had a 50/50 ratio of CON to DEX/AGI I might consider going Hawkeye, even though it lost its best skill (triple arrow), but it would take me multiple years to get a full T2 setup. And based on my current success rate, I would never get them to +10. So, It’s simply not worth it. BG3 is due out this year, I suspect that will absorb quite a bit of my time.

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
I see you did not understand the new skills of the ranger at all. But it is not my buiseness to explain it to people. It actually makes all sense and is connected well. Also adds very well to existing skills .. Volley for example.

CON is overrated. I only lost around 150 evasion from Ranger to Hawkeye. My amount is still high enough.

But I guess who am I to talk, I have both gear sets +10 and T3 ready..

Falconer_Joanna

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
I see you did not understand the new skills of the ranger at all. But it is not my buiseness to explain it to people. It actually makes all sense and is connected well. Also adds very well to existing skills .. Volley for example.

CON is overrated. I only lost around 150 evasion from Ranger to Hawkeye. My amount is still high enough.

But I guess who am I to talk, I have both gear sets +10 and T3 ready..
I understand them well enough. Yes you could use eagle strike to set up volley, but why bother when Eagle strike has a lower status effect than incendiary arrow, which also sets up volley.

Or using Blast Arrow instead of Barbed Arrow, which has a higher status effect, less than 1/2 the mana cost and doesn’t have have a cast time.

Not to mention that barbed arrow actually got some damage added to it as an awakened skill.

The boost to fine sight shot is nice, and I have seriously considered adding it to my normal rotation, except for the fact that it can’t be used on the move and thus would freeze my normal rotation into place to face the full effect of any AOE attack. That seems like quite a problem.

The thing I liked most about Ranger is the defensive bonus that actually allows you to play in groups or solo. Hawkeye has no such bonus.

As far as getting myself ready for T3, even with technician level 2, I have used over 1 million stones in the last month and still have 2 accessories at +6, the last 800K took me from +7 to +6, glad you’ve been so lucky, but there is simply no way to ensure you can actually guarantee success. I’m trying to build up another million stones to try again, but since there’s no reason to actually run any dungeon other than Den, that will probably take a few months. Let’s not forget it took 3 months to actually find an earring that I could make into a useful T2, now I’m supposed to find another before I can actually play at the same level I was last week? That task seems impossible.

It’s one thing to nerf the skills to balance the classes, nobody likes that, but it’s understandable. It’s quite another thing to completely change the play style simply to force players to redo all their efforts over the last 7 months, completely invalidating their efforts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kobe

Kobe

Astellian
Jan 25, 2020
Good point. I had to run CRV hundreds of times for Master Artisan Level 2 but looks like now I can just run DEN instead. Which is much more time efficient than CRV so it works out well for me.

But yes you're right, there's now no point running any dungeons other than DEN.

Airen

Astellian
Sep 17, 2019
Honestly people complaining about being "scammed" for having to spend more time getting to 15 star before now is a little desperate to grasp at anything to complain about. I can understand and support the complaints about class skill changes screwing up existing gear, but lvl experience changes occur in most games as time goes by. Leveling always gets easier to push more people to end game content. Think of WoW when it first came out max lvl was 60. You think now it took same amount of effort to hit 60 today that it was when game released? Even GW2 sells an item that instantly makes your character max level. The effort to get to max level in a new game is just the price you pay/or a rewarding challenge (however you want to look at it) that you get before the game changes.

Reactions: srnight and Oklmq