Fun stuff while waiting for CBT2, but about things in CBT1

Xovian

Astellian
May 27, 2019
CBT1 IMO went rather well for the first testing of the game, of course peoples opinion on it will vary.
But this thread isn't about the finer points of what could be better, or even what was liked.

This thread is to point out the easter eggs, the slight nods to, or just in general something about the game that made you smile.
What did you run into, that made you think of another game, a tv show, a movie. What little things did they Dev team put in the game that you caught on to?

What town?

Frell

Now the name for the most part is pretty "generic", but most gamers tend to be a little on the nerdy side, including myself.
The first thing i thought of when it flashed on the screen was, the ol si-fi TV series "Farscape".
So the correlation? Well, in that series, for those who don't know, instead of using a well known expletive that also starts with the letter " F ", they used "Frell" in it's place.

So now you get to have a giggle too, when you go to Frell village.

So what did you run into that reminded you of something else that you've seen, heard or watched?

Last edited:

Crush

Astellian
Jul 15, 2019
My Wife kept walking by and asking me, "Are you playing Aion again?"

I'd say, "no."

Then five minutes later she'd walk by and see the names Elyos and Asmodian on the screen and would be like, "It is Aion! Or Aion 2?"

Not sure if it's an easter egg but yeah, a lot of this game reminds us of Aion. It's not even the same publisher or anything but yeah... I guess most Korean MMO's have some resemblance to each other.

CM Venecia

Community Manager
Staff Member
May 23, 2019
I personally enjoyed the nod to the Witcher series in the character creator. ~ 😊

• Haha
Reactions: Fenris

Aylindel

Astellian
Jul 13, 2019
My Wife kept walking by and asking me, "Are you playing Aion again?"

I'd say, "no."

Then five minutes later she'd walk by and see the names Elyos and Asmodian on the screen and would be like, "It is Aion! Or Aion 2?"

Not sure if it's an easter egg but yeah, a lot of this game reminds us of Aion. It's not even the same publisher or anything but yeah... I guess most Korean MMO's have some resemblance to each other.
im thinking about playing Aion again while waiting for this. is it worthy?

Reactions: Crush

Crush

Astellian
Jul 15, 2019
im thinking about playing Aion again while waiting for this. is it worthy?
I couldn't tell you to be honest. I haven't logged into that game in probably two years. It just wasn't the game I fell in love with anymore :(. New classes, no rifting and hiding a kisk in an epic spot. My most fun was gliding and jumping around the outer mountains of Elten and Heiron to find a dope kisk spot.

Reactions: Hype

Zwiebel

Astellian
Jul 4, 2019
I like the fact that Rota is a doll. At first I didn't even notice and just thought that she looked kinda uncanny in her facial expressions and didnt like that about the game.
But then I noticed her knees and realized that it was all on purpose.

Reactions: CM Venecia