Game is dying at an alarming rate :O

Alli

Astellian
Feb 25, 2020
At the speed at which the game is developing, it's worthy of early access.
I did 4 different classes so it kept me busy, but I can imagine that the player who has only one class is quite bored after 2 months.

I took a €20 mount, but I was hoping the raids would come out... nothing done, just weekly quests over and over again.

Reactions: Ferara and Oklmq

Pirylio

Astellian
Oct 4, 2019
Yes this idea...but ping will be an issue.

This or sell astellia cheaper like bdo, or last try make it f2p...

But there is no more ppl atm so they need to find a solution ASAP. I dont see them keeping game for 100 players...

Terala

Astellian
May 22, 2020
Here is a suggestion, since many people complain about low numbers of players: why not simply merge NA and EU servers?
the problem is :
where would the servers stand [EU = lags for the NA/Koreans ... NA = i know many EU players who would be unhappy with that] ...

but what could actually be done is, to merge certain aspects of the game together
[for example, to allow groups in the dungeonfinder to on/off other servers too ... or to merge avalon together ... during EU daytime on EU server and during nighttime on NA ... idk if something like that would be possible at all ... but it could help stabilizing player numbers]

PlayingMyLastMMOs

Astellian
Sep 24, 2019
the problem is :
where would the servers stand [EU = lags for the NA/Koreans ... NA = i know many EU players who would be unhappy with that] ...

but what could actually be done is, to merge certain aspects of the game together
[for example, to allow groups in the dungeonfinder to on/off other servers too ... or to merge avalon together ... during EU daytime on EU server and during nighttime on NA ... idk if something like that would be possible at all ... but it could help stabilizing player numbers]
Not sure if the operators the same, NA and EU.

Reactions: Ferara and Pirylio

Kobe

Astellian
Jan 25, 2020
Would be super laggy to play cross-region but I wouldn't mind seeing cross-region auction house

Reactions: Terala

kikiki

Astellian
Jun 7, 2020
Hate to be that person to bring it up, but maybe if they fixed the gender lock issue, a lot of people would come back. I've seen it over and over, "I don't want to play a girl/guy."

The western market has different opinions than an eastern market when it comes to gender locking. And as much work as it would be, it would bring in more players.

Reactions: Frostbyte

Yoiramen

Astellian
May 2, 2020
Hate to be that person to bring it up, but maybe if they fixed the gender lock issue, a lot of people would come back. I've seen it over and over, "I don't want to play a girl/guy."

The western market has different opinions than an eastern market when it comes to gender locking. And as much work as it would be, it would bring in more players.
Question, how is gender lock an issue? Like, why is it so frowned upon? I never had an issue with playing a girl champ or boy champ. A gender doesn't mean they be stronger or weaker. Just a perspective would be nice. How would it change your game play from a boy to girl or vice versa?

Terala

Astellian
May 22, 2020
Question, how is gender lock an issue? Like, why is it so frowned upon?
well for me personally it doesn't matter what gender a char has, but i do understand, that there are players for who it is

regardless of that the main point is,
that they promised/announced/advertised it month before released

they clearly said, that it will be released shortly and that they are already working on it ...
that was approximatly over a year ago,

it doesn't matter, if it's important for you or me
it doesn't matter if it would draw in more players or not

the important part is, that they advertised the game with it and that several players reported, that they have bought the game at least partially becouse of that promise ... and that is the issue at hand

the simple fact, that they advertised and promised the game with it already pre-release,
and that players bought with that promis/advertising in mind

everything else is secondary on that question

Reactions: kikiki

Yoiramen

Astellian
May 2, 2020
well for me personally it doesn't matter what gender a char has, but i do understand, that there are players for who it is

regardless of that the main point is,
that they promised/announced/advertised it month before released

they clearly said, that it will be released shortly and that they are already working on it ...
that was approximatly over a year ago,

it doesn't matter, if it's important for you or me
it doesn't matter if it would draw in more players or not

the important part is, that they advertised the game with it and that several players reported, that they have bought the game at least partially becouse of that promise ... and that is the issue at hand

the simple fact, that they advertised and promised the game with it already pre-release,
and that players bought with that promis/advertising in mind

everything else is secondary on that question
Thanks

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
Question, how is gender lock an issue? Like, why is it so frowned upon? I never had an issue with playing a girl champ or boy champ. A gender doesn't mean they be stronger or weaker. Just a perspective would be nice. How would it change your game play from a boy to girl or vice versa?
There is no issue, only if people make it one in their heads (bc they are bored or sth idk). It doesnt change gameplay at all. I always wonder what such people do in MOBAs. "I dont play this champion bc its male/female" or what??

Reactions: Towi

Terala

Astellian
May 22, 2020
There is no issue, only if people make it one in their heads (bc they are bored or sth idk). It doesnt change gameplay at all. I always wonder what such people do in MOBAs. "I dont play this champion bc its male/female" or what??
i'd say, if it's important for them,
than we simply have to respect that,

it's not like anyone would be forcing you to play with a male/female char and you already new pre-release, that all classes would be playable with both genders ... so the only real issue is, that they promoted and sold it with ... but delivered without ... not more not less

Reactions: Reeney and kikiki

Ferara

Astellian
May 6, 2020
Gender lock is strange for players who played non Korean MMO. Sometimes ppl want to make the character an image of themself so will not play the opposite gender class.

If you think about it wow, ff, guild wars for example that's about 10 million players. Even if 2% wanted to play astellia but didn't because of gender lock, that's alot of players..

Reactions: kikiki and Pirylio

Iiunnus

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
For example: my son doesn't want to Play astellia cause he doesn't want to play a female Scout. Point.

Reactions: kikiki

Zentraxius

Astellian
Apr 25, 2020
For example: my son doesn't want to Play astellia cause he doesn't want to play a female Scout. Point.
Should educate your son on gender equality so he doesn't feed into the capitalist reinforced idealism of *macho men* as an idol for young boys.

Or yknow they could remove gender locks, that would be nice.

Ferara

Astellian
May 6, 2020
Should educate your son on gender equality so he doesn't feed into the capitalist reinforced idealism of *macho men* as an idol for young boys.

Or yknow they could remove gender locks, that would be nice.
Gender and self identity plays a part in the people's decisions sometimes but it's an online game, meaning anyone could potentially play. Therefore to maximize the potential playerbase, gender lock is not the answer.

Kobe

Astellian
Jan 25, 2020
And what about for non-binary people? Just having male & female characters still won't be enough.

These days there are over 100 genders! ?

• Haha
Reactions: Pandalicious

Frostbyte

Astellian
Oct 2, 2019
The issue isn't the same as with say, a console game. I'd play a girl in a console game any day if the game is good.

The problem, imo, is that it's a role playing game. Just as much as some people love and want more customization (I for one do), some people can't immerse themselves in a role that's not of their gender. - Just my opinion, though.

Reactions: Ferara and Pirylio