Gameplay questions (raiding/pvp)

Kumate

Astellian
Sep 13, 2019
Played nearly every mmo but just stumbled upon this one. I love to raid, do dungeons, and that is about it. I loved Aion once I got into a dungeon and was able to play but I dislike pvp in the open world setting. I did enjoy the abyss a lot but pvping from quest hub to quest hub is something I don't have time for. With that also...I was never a fan that the best gear had to be done via pvp also.

So could someone explain the endgame to me please. Is pvp all instanced like WoW? I know there is a realm vs realm type pvp in this game but is it required to do to get the best gear or something that would be required to be the best in PVE? How is the raiding in this game and the dungeons? Can a guild form a 20 man group and jump into the raid or are you forced to pug it? Are there different difficulty levels of raids and dungeons? I hate the new Mythic dungeons in wow where dungeons are so difficult unless you have a specific group formed that if feels like a grind the entire time you are in there, no time to relax and have fun.

I miss the old days of WoW raiding during say WOTLK where dungeons where there to help you gear up and had some hard modes but they were optional. But I love hardcore raiding. Will this game support those (if it survives that long). I've been waiting for a game that was more like older wow or everquest or something other then these pay 2 win games with forced pvp like archeage, bless, aion (sad it's come to that), and revelations online.

Will Astellia hit the spot?

I just barely watched a few youtube videos and found out about this game yesterday so any insight would be great. Thank you

ForestWolf

Astellian
May 26, 2019
Astellia has no open PvP at all. The only two PvP modes available so far are Arena you can register for and Avalon, a PvP region you also have to specifically join.

There are no raids in Astellia yet, however the dungeons for a group of four offer increasing difficulty. At max level you will have to clear some legendary dungeons first to get the epic/legendary gear before being able to attend the next one.

~ForestWolf

Kumate

Astellian
Sep 13, 2019
Are raids in the korean version yet? I ask because I couldn't find any online via youtube, if that is the case we are talking 8months + till we see raids? The Devs at Pax said they are looking at 6 months difference in time between Korea and NA so wondering if raids are in the Korean version yet. If not that is a long time till raids:(

Younai

Astellian
Aug 20, 2019
Are raids in the korean version yet? I ask because I couldn't find any online via youtube, if that is the case we are talking 8months + till we see raids? The Devs at Pax said they are looking at 6 months difference in time between Korea and NA so wondering if raids are in the Korean version yet. If not that is a long time till raids:(
Still no raids in korea

Kumate

Astellian
Sep 13, 2019
Thats to bad:( I'm sure we are talking 8+ months till raids. I think ill check back in around that time. Thanks for the info.

Kumate

Astellian
Sep 13, 2019
Been debating with myself the last few days if i should play at launch. The urge to play is high but ...just so many red flags. It's petty but heck one of my concerns is that there has only been 1 post in here a day basically..which is bonkers with a new game about to launch. Pantheon is still like 1-2 two years away and they get 20+ post a day with people discussing things. Kinda crazy that these forums pace are so slow. Makes me think that the korean mmo burnout is real or there is zero advertisement of this game. Both mean bad news for a game before it starts. I assume that releasing a classic MMO also a few weeks after classic wow launching was never a "good idea". Just a lot of red flags.

AOE

Astellian
Jun 20, 2019
you have always something to play in upcoming weeks:
-ASTELLIA
-AA:U
-BNS Archer
- Lost Ark russian CB
may be more)=

Kumate

Astellian
Sep 13, 2019
Naw, I don't like PVP so that rules out most of your list. Astellia has PVP but doesnt force it on you. There is a new Everquest server coming out in November I will be watching closely (start off at heroic level 85 levels) and Star Wars has an expansion that might peek my interest if raiding is fun.