[GUIDE] Introduction to Warrior, Basics.

Thelastdragoon

Astellian
Aug 21, 2019
Hello! I'm LastDragoon and play on the NA servers. I'll be releasing a basic gameplay guide (video and transcript) for new players and might continue a video series if enough people are interested or need additional information.

Introduction to Warrior video

Key words:
TENACITY
(SELF-BUFF EXCLUSIVE TO WARRIOR)
-GAINED BY USING SKILLS THAT ACCUMULATE IT.
-Tenacity increases our physical and magical defense.
-It can stack up to 5 times.
-Tenacity is used with other skills to increase effects during combat.

FILLER
-Term used throughout the video that explains missing DPS slots.

CUT
This is your basic Level 1 skill.
It grants 1 Tenacity upon landing.
Keep in mind, that this skill will only give you a tenacity if it lands.
If you miss, it does not.

There are two options for this one, Reduce Cooldown and Power Increase.
Both of these are useful, cooldown reduction reducing it beneath 9 seconds.

CHAIN IMPALE
This is your second basic skill, gained at Level 1.
It is a three-part skill. It has the ability to add Brandish on your target.
It also grants 1 Tenacity upon successful lands. If you miss, it does not accumulate.
Brandish is a debuff that is applied to increase the damage of other skills.

PIERCING STRIKE
This is your first real damage-dealing skill, gained at level 2.
The next version does not unlock until Level 10.
By building up Tenacity or using Piercing Strike on an IMPALED target, you can increase your damage.
This is a single target skill and can get very deadly in the right hands.
The first hit of this skill, stiffens the target.
The second hit of the skill inflicts additional damage to targets affected by Impale.
The power increase on this skill can increase it to high single target, levels.

SHIELD BLITZ
This skill is unlocked at Level 3.
It combines a long distance charge with a knockdown when you use 2 Tenacity.
The skill customization on this, includes Reduce Cooldown, Power Increase, and Status Accuracy.
Reduce cooldown can allow quicker charge times for PvP and the status accuracy will boost CC chances.

SHATTER
This skill is gained at Level 4.
It is a close range skill, decent damage and causes extra damage to targets that are Knocked down or in the Faint state.
Reducing the cooldown to maximum will drop it below 9 seconds.
I don't use this as much as I should, other than for filler damage.

SONIC BLADE
This skill is gained at Level 5.
It is a long distance attack, with a 20 meter range.
It also increases your threat level with a 5 second cooldown.
It does not have customization options, however.

FLURRY
Gained at level 5 and final stage at level 7, it becomes a main arsenal in your skillset.
This skill has a 6 meter range, and after activating, will gap close to targets.
On top of that, it has a small frontal cone AoE.
The second and third stages use the AoE, causing the debuff "SLASH" on your target.
On a successful hit, it will also grant 1 Tenacity.
Slash debuff can be used with Whirlwind to cause additional damage.

WHIRLWIND

Gained at level 8, this is your first dedicated AoE.
It has high attack damage, benefits from "SHIELD BLOCK", and does damage in a full-circle.
Targets that have the SLASH debuff, receive more damage from this skill.
The downside of Whirlwind is while using the skill, you lose some of your mobility and will be slower.
Luckily, you can dodge roll to break the casting of it, if needed.

SOUL RESTORE

This skill restores MP continously, during combat at the cost of 2 Tenacity.
I would recommend using this skill, every time it is up. It will reduce MP potion chugging.

TAUNT
Gained at level 12.
This skill is a single target threat skill. The distance is large, about 20 meters.
Maxing out the cooldown reduction will drop it below 10 seconds.

ASPECT OF THE GIANT
Gained at level 13.
This slightly increases your physical and magical defense.
This is our party buff and can be applied to party/expedition members, as well as astels.

SHACKLES
Gained at level 14, I can not explain how much I love this skill.
The status accuracy is high, the cooldown is at 30 seconds however.
This skill will pull a mob or player towards you within the range of 16 meters. Extremely useful for grabbing groups.
However, keep in mind that this skill can be resisted, just like other CCs in the game.
It also shares a cooldown with Multi-Chain, which I would consider as a downside.
More on Multi-Chain later.

TAUNT ROAR
Gained at level 15.
This skill is a taunt with a frontal cone AoE.
The cooldown time is mediocre at 20 seconds, but can be very useful during PVE (dungeons).
Increasing the cooldown reduction to maximum will drop the cooldown below 15 seconds.

SHIELD BLOW
Gained at level 18.
This skill can seem underwhelming based on the tooltip.
The status hit rate for the stiffen is extremely low compared to other skills, and the stiffen only lasts for one second.
One good thing about this skill is the low cooldown (7 seconds) and can be used as filler damage between combos.

SAVAGE KICK
Gained at level 20.
This skill is amazing for filler damage and semi-gap closer.
This skill works from about 6 meters out, but the cooldown is around 27 seconds.
It has an above average status hit rate and causes Knockdown if it lands.
Maxing out the cooldown reduction will drop the cooldown below 20 seconds.

FIRST AID
Gained at level 22.
This skill is used as an emergency self-heal.
It has an extremely long cooldown (10 minutes), but instantly heals your HP.
One thing to note, is that it uses Tenacity to increase the amount of HP that is restored.
It has the option for reducing cooldown and increasing the power (heal amount).
This one comes down to the user itself. It can be a life safer during PvP, but you are limited on Skill Points for now.

OVERPOWER
Gained at Level 24.
I love this skill. It leaps towards a target (16 meters) for a perfect gap closer.
The damage increases if the target is in the "STUN" or "FAINT" CC and it has high damage, especially on critical hits.
Using one tenacity when casting the skill, will further increase the high damage.
One downside to Overpower is that it has a long cooldown (60 seconds), so comboing into it should be cautionary.
This skill has the option for reducing cooldowns and increasing power.
Reducing the cooldown drops it below 45 seconds, where as increasing the power will give it a significant boost in damage.
The animation can take a bit and seems to lock you in place when you land. There are ways around it, but that is for another video.

RAGE
Gained at level 26.
This skill is pretty straight forward.
It is a single target threat skill, with a range of 20 meters.
The cooldown is long, about 50 seconds, but if you are having trouble holding agro on a boss - this could be really useful.

ADAMANTIUM SHIELD
Gained at level 28.
What is a tank without their shield, right?
This skill is self target with a cooldown of 3 seconds so it is pretty spammable during combat.
It summons a big blue shield in front of your character.
Good things about this skill is that it increases your physical and magical defense against skills in front of you and you are still able to move around.
The bad thing is that you can't use other skills while it is up. This is normal, but think about your agro meter before you pop it.

DEAFENING ROAR
Gained at Level 30.
This skill is bread and butter agro. It doesn't specify the range on it, but it IS an AoE threat skill.
This skill is useful for pulling mobs, pulling agro off an Astel and other great things.
It does start with a 28 second cooldown, which is kind of long.
The only customization effect that it has, is reduce cooldown. Maxing out the cooldown reduction, drops the CD below 20 seconds.

DESCENT ERUPTION
Gained at level 31.
This skill is a close quarters AoE.
The benefits of this skil is that it can do high damage when you max out the Power Increase.
Dropping the cooldown effectively drops the cooldown to around 20.5 seconds.
However, the downside is the mana cost of it.
Compared to our other skills that use 40-50 mana per use, this one skill uses 175 MP instantly.
For mana management, that can be troublesome. Make sure you use this skill with caution between potions and Soul Restore.

QUAKE
Unlocked at Level 35.
While this skill does not have impressive damage, the CC on it is very useful.
At a 21 second and 92% knockdown rate (at level 50), this skill is also an AoE.
It DOES cost one tenacity to cast, so watch your stacks when using it for a combo.

ASPECT OF THE BEAST
Gained at level 39.
What can I say, this is a straight-forward skill.
When you are in a CC (PvE or PvP), you can cast this skill to remove the effects.
This adds extra levels of counterplay during PvP and has a 27 second cooldown.

ADAMANTIUM ARMOR
Gained at level 41.
This skill is really useful when you realize you are taking a lot of damage in a short period of time.
It increases your physical and magical defense and stacks on top of our party buff, Aspect of the Giant.
The downside of this skill is that it has a 10 minute cooldown and only lasts for 20 seconds when you cast it.
You can reduce the cooldown or increase the amount of defense that it gives you.

SHARE PAIN
Gained at level 44.
This skill has a 20 meter range and is casted on an ally (OR ASTEL).
It reduces damage taken for 10 seconds by splitting damage between caster and target.
This can be very useful if you see your healer or DPS dying during dungeons.
The downside is that it has a 45 second cooldown and no options to reduce the cooldown for PvE.

SHOCKWAVE
Gained at level 47.
This skill has a 10 meter range and uses an AoE (mostly frontal) on targets.
This skill is best used when a target is already knocked down or in the "FAINT" status.
The damage on it, is average and costs 2 Tenacity to inflict additional damage with this skill.

Multi-Chain
Gained at level 50!
Yes, this skill is similar to "SHACKLES" mentioned earlier.
Both skills share a cooldown.
Unlike Shackles, this is an AOE pull with a 60 second cooldown. It can be very useful in both PvE and PvP.
The status hit rate of it, is pretty high, so its rare that it gets resisted, but it DOES HAPPEN.

And that is it for my Warrior Introduction guide.
I hope I was able to explain everything and please leave feedback for anything you would like to see or explained in future videos.

Last edited:

Inky

Astellian
Oct 3, 2019
Appreciate this guide, it helped me out when I first started.

Callie Swag

Astellian
Sep 4, 2019
sooo this is what you have been doing instead of catching these hands in a 1 v1 the past few days.