Healer Astel or Player grabs instant agro?

Hogger49

Astellian
Sep 26, 2019
I've noticed that healers seem to grab instant aggro in this game regardless of whether you're playing a tank or DPS? Other friends I've been playing with in this game have said they noticed the same thing. With first hit the mobs automatically aggro the healer astel or the player. Am I just imagining this or is anyone else seeing this as well?

Callie Swag

Astellian
Sep 4, 2019
healer generate more agro then anything. the more you heal the more agro you cause. when the tank is grouping mobs try not to heal unless you have to. that's how a lot of mmo are like though.

Hogger49

Astellian
Sep 26, 2019
healer generate more agro then anything. the more you heal the more agro you cause. when the tank is grouping mobs try not to heal unless you have to. that's how a lot of mmo are like though.
I've played in MMOs for years. I'm familiar with that mechanic, but it's still odd to see it start right from the get go.

Playtil

Astellian
Sep 26, 2019
Hogger49 said:
With first hit the mobs automatically aggro the healer
The only time it happened to me is when i place a HOT to regen the tank, and he just run to make a new pull...So i take all the mob.
That's normal for me.

Like in all Mmo, you have to let your tank increase his threat before launch your big heal.

Godsdemon

Astellian
Dec 22, 2019
The only time it happened to me is when i place a HOT to regen the tank, and he just run to make a new pull...So i take all the mob.
That's normal for me.

Like in all Mmo, you have to let your tank increase his threat before launch your big heal.
True but HOTs shouldn't generate threat. the DD like heals do.

Hype

Astellian
Jun 17, 2019
True but HOTs shouldn't generate threat. the DD like heals do.
What @Playtil means is say a tank is running on mount to group a whole bunch of mobs, If the healer puts a hot on the tank before he goes the healer pulls threat, because the tank hasn't taunted nor attacked so next in line is heal threat and ur getting hit!!!

Regarding the Astell's if you're a tank and ur first skill is a taunt then the astel most likely wont get hit but because they are AI if you move to a mob the game knows you have been hit and so does the Astell before u do! So the Astell heals and is the first to do anything thus pulling instant aggro, then its a chain reaction. I have found that if u use rota as a tank and use its ranged taunt as it enters there is no way the healer pulls aggro.

Mardosha

Astellian
Dec 11, 2019
When the tank aggro further mobs, stay behind mobs, cause if you pass between your tank and mobs, you can aggro them.
But if your tank is a good one, he will pull with spell and not body pull, then you will not take aggro staying close to others mobs.
The tank should use damage spell and not taunt spell to pull. He should use taunt spell when he loose aggro from mobs.

Mariska

Astellian
Feb 2, 2020
In Classic, Holy Trinity MMO's, this one is advertised to be that type, the Tank has to build agro and maintain agro ahead of Healers, using agro generating abilities. If you start healing immediately, you will draw agro away from the Tank. You can put your astells on hold, so they do not heal early. When I played Everquest, I had to learn when to heal, what spell to heal with at what time, and that varied based on the Tank type and Tank player ability.