Healer scholar/solo playing

eXz

Astellian
May 24, 2019
As a healer i always are there for Healing but sometimes as you wanna go solo, is it easy for a healer or do i need to count on my companions for the damage? ;)
So my question can you have two diffrent builds ingame so when solo i click set1 and when healing i click set2

Xovian

Astellian
May 27, 2019
I've not seen this, though i know it was requested during an interview.
So if sets / configuration change were added, glad to hear it.

On another similar note:
In KR, to do the class change requires 900K-XP (this will be locked at release for a time).
Currently it was unknown if having all 3 unlocked allowed for switching when out of combat.
We are still waiting for clarification on this, and clarification if both are (or will be) linked in some fashion.

As to healer and DPS, the majority of DPS is linked to your Astels and their current star level. The higher those are the stronger your damage will be. This will be true for most (all?) classes. The Astel system, as is the game itself, is based on the trinity. Your place in the trinity depends on the class you are playing. Astels will fill in the gaps. If your a healer, you will have Tank/DPS Astels to make up for the lack of DPS/tanking as a Scholar. If you're a tank, you'll use Healer/Support & DPS Astels. DPS will obviously use Healer/Tank Astels. For PvE, the trinity system is a major factor and will be used by all at some point, especially in the solo dungeons.

As to astel specific increases, look for them having co-op skills. These are boosts to your skills based on what Astel is on your bar.
See at the bottom of the page for a list (has not been updated in some time sadly): http://astellia-db.com/scholar.php

Lydhe

Astellian
Jun 3, 2019
At what level can we become Cleric / Shaman / Oracle ? And what is the difference between Shaman and Oracle ? About the cleric it is obvious that he is the traditional healer of the mmorpgs so I don't care. :D

Muriele

Astellian
May 24, 2019
At what level can we become Cleric / Shaman / Oracle ? And what is the difference between Shaman and Oracle ? About the cleric it is obvious that he is the traditional healer of the mmorpgs so I don't care. :D
So advanced classes are gained at lvl 50 but will be locked at the start of the game.
You can find some info on advanced classes on the Astellia db but its not been updated in a while.

Hope this helps

Lydhe

Astellian
Jun 3, 2019
Ok thanks for the reply, and thanks for the db. ;)

Edit : I took a look at the db and I think the Scholar will please me a lot (with tanky or dps Astels), all his skills are usable while moving, I really hate static classes that can not cast spells while moving otherwise it cancel the spell.

+1 for the Scholar !

Last edited:
Reactions: Lafay and Blümchen

Blümchen

Astellian
Jun 17, 2019
Ok thanks for the reply, and thanks for the db. ;)

Edit : I took a look at the db and I think the Scholar will please me a lot (with tanky or dps Astels), all his skills are usable while moving, I really hate static classes that can not cast spells while moving otherwise it cancel the spell.

+1 for the Scholar !
Yes you´re right. Movement is the main thing for a healer. This pertains to PvE and PvP.

D'Konen

Astellian
Jun 28, 2019
So far, scholar has respectable but not great DPS-which makes sense because it's not a pure dps class. I can pull aggro off rota, but it takes work or a crit. (or healing but that's not dps :p)

Remember you can also upgrade your stats and skills.

Unlike stats, your skills can be reset and reallocated however many times you want, so if you want to spec in damage dealing spells you can, and then reallocate to spec in healing for dungeons.

That can add a lot of versatility.

Reactions: Fireball36

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
Is it possible to switch build "on the fly"?
you have the possibility, to switch between different skillpoint-presets outside of combat
but that is something, you have to unlock for real money

[look at the skill menu, next to the point reset]

Hogger49

Astellian
Sep 26, 2019
I was in a discussion with another scholar and both of us have played EQ2 and those healer classes. One of the consistent things we both talk about is the lack of the dps the scholar has..particularly when you're talking about solo dungeons from about 35-50. Any observations from players with experience (suggestions) that could help scholars. Seems like the class is underpowered a bit bit or you're blowing through Astel pots just to keep up two Astels.

Also, please advise on the spell Variance..which basically says it stuns the target mob, but you can't damage it and it heals the mob. This seems a bit odd for a stun spell. Or is this supposed to be cast on a mob to keep it out the fight?

Thanks for any help/suggestions you have.

Playtil

Astellian
Sep 26, 2019
Also, please advise on the spell Variance..which basically says it stuns the target mob, but you can't damage it and it heals the mob. This seems a bit odd for a stun spell. Or is this supposed to be cast on a mob to keep it out the fight?
Variance is used when you have aggro on a big mob, if the tank dont take it back, just freeze the mob with this skill for a long time.
Usefull when you have a powerfull mob on you.

And for the dps, i dont find it underpower. In other mmo, the healer has a weaker dps.
I crit at like 7K atm on mob level 50. With a poor stuff.
The only thing for me, the scholar need at least an aoe dps skill. Ok we have an aoe Dot, cool, but a big arc of light to burn a pack, could be better.

When i'm in a party, i clearely see my dps on the boss. The scholar can hit hard in crit..