Helpful Information & Issue Resolutions

CM Aethon

Community Manager
Staff Member
Jan 23, 2019
Greetings Astellians,

Some very helpful Astellians on both discord and our forums have put some great work into assisting fellow community members with issues players have been experiencing. We do not intend to replace the work that has already been done by these folks, simply to consolidate information into one convenient thread, along with other common questions that we've been receiving.

A big thank you to the fantastic members of this community that continue to make this one of the most awesome communities to have the privilege of working with and playing along side.

Original Helpful Threads
- Launcher Issues & Resolves (Very active and full of helpful information)

Downloading & Pre-Order Items
1. Where can I download the game or launcher?
2. Where can I get my Pre-Order Items?

Launcher Issues
1. The Launcher does not start.
2. Launcher is updated, download is complete, but game does not start.
3. Selecting the game region didn't work, or prevented the game from launching.
4. It says Account Not Registered when I try to log in.
5. It says "An error occured while patching"
6. I received an error message "Failed to resume patching the client."
7. I received an error message "Cannot find 'D3DCOMPILER_43.DLL."
8. I received an error message "Something went wrong!" after logging into the launcher.
9. I received an error message "Background image loading failed"
10. I open the launcher, but the screen stays black and does nothing.

Game Issues
1. My game screen has gone black, but the Interface still shows.
2. I cannot progress on the quest 'Hiding Presences' the cauldrons are not visible.

Other Helpful Info
1. Contacting the Community Team.
2. Why can't I post an image?
3. How do I embed a Twitch.tv video?
4. Are there formatting options?
5. Do you have a Twitter or Facebook?

Resolved Issues
1. The launcher is not displaying correctly / parts of it are cut off.
2. It says I need 50GB of space when I try to launch?

If the issue you are having persists even after attempting these fixes, or is not contained within this list, you may wish to contact our support team »Here«.

Downloading & Pre-Order Items
Where can I download the game or launcher?
There are two methods you can employ to download the game, for most users we recommend the standard method. However we do also have a direct download link for the client available for users who are experiencing issues downloading through the launcher.​

Standard: Download the launcher installer, and once installed login, press the play button (►), and allow the game to download itself. The download link can be found »Here«. (Blue bar that says 'Download')​
Direct Download: You can directly download the client, and extract it into the directory where you would like to install the game. The link can be found »Here«.​
Please Note:
◪ You will need at least 50GB of free Hard Drive space to install Astellia.​
◪ Occasionally the launcher may 'hang' at a percentage, your download should still be continuing in the background. If it does not update the percentage after 10 minutes or you are having other issues trying to download Astellia, please see possible solutions in Launcher Issues section below.​
Where can I get my Pre-Order Items?
We have put together an informative post that outlines exactly how to collect your items, along with information about claiming limited use and infinite use items, and the various game currencies available. Check it out »Here«.​
Launcher Issues
The Launcher does not start.
Ensure that Astellia or the Astellia launcher is not already running, by opening up the task manager (ctrl + shift + esc) If it is, you will need to close the program first, by selecting it and hitting 'End Task'. Please wait a moment and then try launching again. If the issue persists contact our support team »Here«.​
Launcher is updated, download is complete, but game does not start.
It is possible there may have been some file corruption during the download or update process. Before submitting a ticket, please try the using the File Check function to scan for and update possible missing or corrupt files. This can be found in the Launcher Settings window. If the issue persists contact our support team »Here«.​
Please Note:
◪ This may take some time, and similar to when the game was downloading, it may 'Hang' at certain percentages before progressing, please be patient while it checks the files.​
Selecting the game region didn't work, or prevented the game from launching.
After setting the region, you may need to log out of the launcher using the icon available at the top right, or potentially fully close and re-open the launcher if the settings did not save properly. Alternatively, you may need to verify the following information is correct in your Astellia.ini located in the primary installation directory. If the issue persists even after trying these fixes, contact our support team »Here«.​
Please Note:
◪ An incorrect Astellia.ini file can also trigger the message 'Server Under Maintenance' when you are attempting to join a server, and no maintenance is actually in progress. Simply open the Astellia.ini file an a text editor of your choice, verify the information below is accurate, or adjust it to match and then save the file.​
For North American ServerFor European Server

[Login]​
Region=na​
NA_LoginServerHost=login-na.astellia-mmo.com​
EU_LoginServerHost=login-eu.astellia-mmo.com​
LoginServerPort=5011​

[Login]​
Region=eu​
NA_LoginServerHost=login-na.astellia-mmo.com​
EU_LoginServerHost=login-eu.astellia-mmo.com​
LoginServerPort=5011​
It says Account Not Registered when I try to log in.
There are two primary reasons this could be occurring, the most likely is that the email address you are registered has capitalized letters and our login is Case Sensitive. Ensure you are entering the address exactly as is registered on your account.​
The second reason this may occur is that you have just purchased an account and the system has not fully validated this yet, please wait a few minutes and see if this resolves the issue. If the issue persists even after trying these fixes, contact our support team »Here«.​
It says "An error occured while patching"
There may be corrupt or missing files that are causing the launcher to be unable to properly download the game client. Please try the following steps:​
  1. Run the file check in the Launcher Settings (this may resolve corrupt or missing files).
  2. Try running the launcher as an administrator, and that you have enough Hard Drive space to install Astellia (50GB).
  3. Try restarting your computer.
  4. Alternatively you may also try using the direct download of the client located »Here«.
  5. If the issue persists even after trying these fixes, contact our support team »Here«.
I received an error message "Failed to resume patching the client."
This error can be triggered from a variety of situations, most notably from the launcher not having fully closed, corrupt / missing files, or not having enough space on the installation harddrive.​
Try the following fixes:​
  1. Open task manager (ctrl + shift + esc) and ensure the launcher is not running already (close it if it is).
  2. Try running the launcher as an administrator (right click on the application and select 'Run as Admin').
  3. Verify you have sufficient Harddrive space to install Astellia or potential updates.
  4. Run the file check in the Launcher Settings (this may resolve corrupt or missing files).
  5. Alternatively you may also try using the direct download of the client located »Here«.
  6. If the issue persists even after trying these fixes, contact our support team »Here«.
I received an error message "Cannot find 'D3DCOMPILER_43.DLL."
Please ensure that when installing Astellia's launcher that you run as Admin and that DirectX 9 is fully installed, if you are uncertain, follow the installation instructions when installing the Astellia launcher for the first time. A popup should occur that allows you to install DirectX 9. You may also download it directly from Microsoft »Here«.​
I received an error message "Something went wrong!" after logging into the launcher.
This error can be triggered from a variety of issues, but most involve some form of connectivity trouble between your computer and our server. This may be due to high traffic (such as multiple people trying to log in directly after servers come online), or a potential issue may be affecting our login or web service.​
Usually this is resolved after a few minutes, if the issue persists check our Social Media (Facebook, Twitter) and News Section for updates regarding service issues, if none are present, contact our support team »Here«.​
I received an error message "Background image loading failed"
This is a relatively easy fix due to a couple of missing files, please visit this help desk article »Here«.​
I open the launcher, but the screen stays black and does nothing.
We're investigating the cause of this issue, however there are a few potential fixes that may work for you.​
  1. Try installing the latest driver for your graphics card.
  2. [Optional Step - Use at your own discretion] Install the program CCleaner available »Here« and run once on default settings, with the launcher fully closed, then re-open and see if the issue is resolved.
  3. Fully uninstall Astellia + Launcher, and re-install the game.
Game Issues
My game screen has gone black, but the Interface still shows.
The cause of this is being looked into, however there are two potential player reported temporary workarounds that may resolve the issue.​
  1. Navigate to your Game Settings -> Graphics -> Advanced Graphics, and toggle Post Processing on and off once may resolve the issue.
    • In some cases this may require you to do this, then fully log out and close the client, then re-open it to fully remove the issue.
  2. If the issue occurs directly after logging in, this may be due to an outdated graphics driver. Try installing the latest driver for your card and see if this resolves your issue.

I cannot progress on the quest 'Hiding Presences' the cauldrons are not visible.
The cause of this appears to be related to "phasing" of the game world due to having other quests in your quest log (ie: Orange / Blue Quests, such as Dualsword Assassin for Seika). Please temporarily abandon these quests and see if this allows you to now see / interact with the quest objects.​

Resolved Issues
The launcher is not displaying correctly / parts of it are cut off.
There was an issue initially with the launcher that caused some users with adjusted DPI or Windows 10 scaling not set at 100%. This should be resolved, but in the event you still encounter an issue - please try setting your resolution down to 1080 and setting your Windows 10 scaling to 100%.​
To set your scaling & resolution:​
  1. Go to the Windows Start Menu.
  2. Choose Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Display.
  5. Set the 'Scale and Layout' to 100% and Display resolution to 1920x1080.
It says I need 50GB of space when I try to launch?
There was an issue initially with the launcher that required an additional 50GB (100GB in total) of free space on the drive in which Astellia was installed on. This has been resolved, if you encounter this message please contact our support team »Here«.​

Other Helpful Info
Community Team
If you have a problem with your forum account, wish to report an issue with the forum, or otherwise need to reach one of our CM's. Please follow one of the below listed steps:​
  • Directly message a CM via the forums and we will attempt to respond to you as quickly as possible.
  • Contact the Community Team at: community@astellia-mmo.com
Why can't I post an image?
In order to reduce the potential for misuse of the image posting system, users will need to be registered for a full 24 hours to gain access to this feature. Failure to abide by the forum rules may result in the removal of the ability to post pictures.​
How do I embed a Twitch.tv video?
To make use of the embed media feature, you please make sure you are linking directly to the channel of the twitch user. Clips or videos are not currently supported through this function.​
Are there more formatting options?
There are quite a few and we're continuing to work towards adding more, you may read a detailed guide on formatting posts »Here«.​

Social Media
Stay up to date with breaking game news or watch the latest trailer for Astellia on our social media channels.​

Last edited:

Kamui Shiro

Astellian
Oct 6, 2019
Hey, thanks for compiling all of these issues :)
I've been having an issue after i launche the game via the launcher.
At first I get a message saying that "my ID is already logged in" and then I get a message saying that I can't log into the game and I should try again later. I've been trying to re-connect for 1 week, 30min each day and nothing worked...
I tried re-installing the game, checking the files, changing the language, using a different internet connect, saving the game to a different hard drive and many other things that did not work.
I have a very good config so I really doubt this is hardware-linked.
Does anyone have an idea what I could do?

Thanks !

Idodmg

Astellian
Oct 6, 2019
I am having that same issue also error 216-219 after being disconnected please fix

Schattenwind

Astellian
Nov 11, 2019
Hallo together

I am not able to use my further Mousebuttons, it is still not possible to use shortcuts with it like in almost every other game.

In the GERMAN VERSION there is no shortcommand to write in groupchat /p /group /gruppe dont work. 2 Weeks ago /Group did workt but since 2 weeks Nothing works. All other chat shortcommands work but the second most important chat on my opinion dont work.

Reactions: CM Venecia

Psycko

Astellian
Oct 21, 2019
Looks like my game wont update , says im missing the Astellia.ini.file ???? whats this and where did it go , Ive tried to patch/file check / uninstall/reinstall/ and another computer , nothing works .

Beauron

Astellian
Jan 8, 2020
In the GERMAN VERSION there is no shortcommand to write in groupchat /p /group /gruppe dont work. 2 Weeks ago /Group did workt but since 2 weeks Nothing works. All other chat shortcommands work but the second most important chat on my opinion dont work.
/party

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
Looks like my game wont update , says im missing the Astellia.ini.file ???? whats this and where did it go , Ive tried to patch/file check / uninstall/reinstall/ and another computer , nothing works .
Try to clean up all files with the reinstall. Basic Windows uninstall never deletes all the files. You need a Uninstaller Programm for that.

buismor

Astellian
Aug 5, 2019
I cannot progress on the quest 'Hiding Presences' the cauldrons are not visible.
The cause of this appears to be related to "phasing" of the game world due to having other quests in your quest log (ie: Orange / Blue Quests, such as Dualsword Assassin for Seika). Please temporarily abandon these quests and see if this allows you to now see / interact with the quest objects.​
The problem here is that you can't "click" on the cauldrons and usually abandoning the quest doesn't solve it (me and many others tried before, perhaps it has been fixed since then).

HOWEVER there is a method to progress the quest that works 100%: simple go on top of a cauldron and press the interact key (F for most).

Basically the issue is there is "nothing to click on" either because the point of interaction is too small or possibly another reason, and the way to solve it (for now) is by pressing the interact key near an interactable object since it will find that interaction point no matter how small it is.

Reactions: Pirylio