Here Comes Braga Claus! [Updated | 1/6]

CM Aethon

Community Manager
Jan 23, 2019

Greetings Astellians,

Have you been a good little Astellian this year? Braga Claus will know! Beginning with the conclusion of maintenance (12/17) he’ll be here to spread Christmas cheer for all! His arrival will signal the beginning of the Christmas events. Where players can explore a new hunting zone appropriately decorated for the holiday season, complete quests, and earn a variety of rewards!

Event Details
Event Period
◪ Start Date: 12/17/19 with end of maintenance
◪ End Date: 1/14/20 with maintenance (12:00am PST (Midnight) | 09:00 CET.) [Updated | 1/6]

Event Daily Activities
Event Quests
  • Login and play to receive rewards over the course of your play session.
    • 5 Minutes: 1 Roast Turkey (+10% EXP Character for 30 min)
    • 30 Minutes: 2 Atra Tonic
    • 60 Minutes: 1 Roast Turkey (+10% EXP Character for 30 min)
    • 120 Minutes: 1 Greater Astel Card Pack
  • Main Event Quest
    • You can enter the Snow Valley(Event zone) through the Snow Captain Pimpi which is located in every major town (same location as Halloween Event NPCs).
    • Decorate a christmas tree to earn event tokens (Golden Stars), Asper, and Experience!
  • Daily Quests
    • Help a poor Pimpi that has become frozen in the winter's chill thaw out to earn Golden Christmas Bells, Christmas gift boxes, and more!
    • No one likes a thief, but even worse is one who’s stolen Christmas presents! Track down the presents and return them to their owner for Golden Christmas Bells, Christmas gift boxes, and more!
Dungeon Changes (During Event)
  • Legendary 1.1 and 1.2 Dungeons difficulty will be reduced during the event period, the item drop rates will remain unchanged.
  • Legendary items can now drop within all level 50 dungeons (solo & party) during the event period.
Event Token Vendor
  • An event specific vendor will be located in the event hunting zone.
  • Sell all those Golden Star tokens for these fantastic rewards:
    • Elite Thunder Cross Braga Astel Skin
    • Thunder Cross Hat
    • Merry Christmas Title
    • Christmas Candy (Decreased Skill Cool downs)
    • Christmas Cake (Increased Attack Speed)
    • Roast Turkey (10% Increased Character EXP Gain)

Last edited:

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
the event sounds great on paper ...

but there's one thing i - yet again - have to ask myself

who will profit most out of it ...
the one, just started with the game ... having a single char ... maybe not even lvl 50 yet

or the one, who already has everything and is running around with 3 twins for farming purposes ...

well ... maybe you should have limited the additional item drop to one character per account
[the item drop, not the astels]

mystykz

Astellian
Sep 30, 2019
Looking forward to the Event and the Leggie Dungeons in particular; maybe the Time/Reward Ratio of the Leggies are more like they should be now during the Event <3 And hopefully those changes make people actually queue for them in the first place so you dont wait hours lol. We'll find out.

Zwiebel

Astellian
Jul 4, 2019
Looking forward to the Event and the Leggie Dungeons in particular; maybe the Time/Reward Ratio of the Leggies are more like they should be now during the Event <3 And hopefully those changes make people actually queue for them in the first place so you dont wait hours lol. We'll find out.
Even with the event people will form guild groups rather than go with randoms. Because why would you?

mystykz

Astellian
Sep 30, 2019
Even with the event people will form guild groups rather than go with randoms. Because why would you?
True that. And that is one of the Issues that makes this feel less like an Massive Multiplayer Online Game than other MMOs. The Clique Feeling of the Game. There should be initiatives to queue with Randoms like every MMO ever does. In form of in this one e.g. More Asper/EXP/Astelpoints/Zender etc if you queue via Partyfinder/Dungeons with Randoms and all of a sudden People will use that feature more and queue more and the game feels way more alive. Then People think twice wether they want to do it with their clique for quick guaranteed clear or go with randoms but get double/triple the amount of asper/exp etc.

Reactions: Jazices and Oklmq

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
True that. And that is one of the Issues that makes this feel less like an Massive Multiplayer Online Game than other MMOs. The Clique Feeling of the Game. There should be initiatives to queue with Randoms like every MMO ever does. In form of in this one e.g. More Asper/EXP/Astelpoints/Zender etc if you queue via Partyfinder/Dungeons with Randoms and all of a sudden People will use that feature more and queue more and the game feels way more alive. Then People think twice wether they want to do it with their clique for quick guaranteed clear or go with randoms but get double/triple the amount of asper/exp etc.
But thats like that in EVERY game. Thats what you have a guild for. To know your party members. Randoms are always coinflip.

Just 2 days ago, I queue for legendary dungeons. Got a crimson run with another archer. I accepted bc unlike other people I dont decline when I see "no mage". Turned out to be an "amazing" 3.5 man run because my astels most likely did more damage than this guy.

Oklmq

Astellian
Jun 19, 2019
Except in this game with only 1000 active players, its more noticeable when party matching with randoms not working..If all run with static/guilds/friends this is not anymore a mmorpg but a game called a CO-OP game. If at the end, only static groups run content, what is the purpose of this game called as a MMORPG? It has then no meanings, and real CO OP games can be good and better than Astellia for that :) In a mmorpg you need both, if only for static then its not a MMORPG. Dont be too selfish and think above yourself and think about the majority of players, not like a close minded guild which will most likely finish alone on this game;
If you want this game to grow with an established population, you need change you mind, and understand than a party matching is needed for dungeons

Last edited:
Reactions: Jazices

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
The quest should be more specific where to go to get that Frozen Hand Warmer.
After 30mins later someone told me that come from ANY [solo] dungeon.
Well i don't know the english description, but the german one told: "Get the handwarmer from a Dungeon boss."
Seems logic to me, that you just have to kill any dungeon boss, especially when the dungeons are part of the event.

Pandalicious

Astellian
May 31, 2019
Well i don't know the english description, but the german one told: "Get the handwarmer from a Dungeon boss."
Seems logic to me, that you just have to kill any dungeon boss, especially when the dungeons are part of the event.
It also says that in the english Version. Pretty clear and self explaining.

Beleous

Astellian
May 24, 2019
Decorate a Christmas tree that I have yet to find in the event zone or Meiville either, and I haven't explored all of Astellia since event launch . Collect bells for Santa Braga's, but doesn't say how many for the quest. Some things are vague.

Jake

Astellian
Oct 14, 2019
The quest with the bells for Santa Braga still buggy ?
Yeah what are we supposed to do. He says speak to the two npc but I have already done their quests so I have nothing else I can do? But the quest is still showing as not complete.

CM Venecia

Community Manager
Staff Member
May 23, 2019
Just wanted to say it here again, because I only said it in the German section:
We are aware of the Santa Braga Quest Bug, thanks much for bringing it to our attention.