Is Astellia already dying?

Zellata

Astellian
Aug 3, 2019
Well duh...you want perfect gear, big difference. Common sense should tell you that these items are obviously going to be harder to obtain and way more pricey if people even decide to sell them at all. 3x agi will cost you an arm and a leg right now, considering it's such an op stat. It's all RNG, you're just as much likely to get these said items as the next person unless of course you're going against a person that has lvl 3 drop rate increase from astels or something like that, further solidifying what I previously said about astels.
Nope, not even close to perfect. Full AGI with all rolls above 50 would be perfect. I am merely asking for optimal - any combo of two main stats for my archer, regardless of the rolls, which you've said is very easy to get. I figure no trade for such gear is forthcoming, right? Didn't think so.

All in all, you can do every single thing in the game with the gear awarded to you from the quests - they are always optimal stats for your class (aside from the RNG jewelry) and no bs stats you don't need more or less.
DEX+AGI+STR+CON are NOT optimal stats for an archer. STR and CON are "bs stats you don't need".

Zellata

Astellian
Aug 3, 2019
Is the difference between perfect stat combinations and decently good but not perfect (say, AGI/DEX/CON instead of AGI/AGI/AGI) really as big as the difference between four star and seven star astels?
Let me put it to you this way, it took me almost a week to sell an AGI/CON earring on AH that I listed for 500k. AGI/AGI earring is likely going to cost at least 3 mil, if you can find one. Triple AGI item is going to be 5 mil or higher (again, good luck finding one). An armor or weapon with quad AGI - I don't even know, probably 20 mil+.

Basically, "decently good" is a combination of AGI/DEX for archers and sins, WIL/CON for scholars, STR/CON for warriors, and INT with something else (WIS or KNW, I can't recall right now) for mages. Any other combination pretty much goes into "unwanted toys" piles and only sells for a few hundred thousand (if at all - completely useless combos like STR/INT you can just sell to the vendor or dismantle and save yourself AH fees).

• Sad
Reactions: Pirylio

Evo

Astellian
May 24, 2019
Is the difference between perfect stat combinations and decently good but not perfect (say, AGI/DEX/CON instead of AGI/AGI/AGI) really as big as the difference between four star and seven star astels?
The answer is yes
7 star astel is completely different from 4 star because 7 star can use legendary jewels. The gap will be huge when both of them are +5
I would say AGI AGI DEX is acceptable but an accessories with 3 different stats are definitely not okay.

I can explain it with examples. A triple Con accessory gives around 1.5k hp but a single Con accessory can only boost 500 hp. You will miss 50 evasion and 40 accuracy if you are going to use a single AGI accessory instead of a triple AGI accessory. Also, the more perfect gears you got, the easier you can boost stats with runes.

Last edited:
  • Wow

ronoch

Astellian
Jun 20, 2019
Nope, not even close to perfect. Full AGI with all rolls above 50 would be perfect. I am merely asking for optimal - any combo of two main stats for my archer, regardless of the rolls, which you've said is very easy to get. I figure no trade for such gear is forthcoming, right? Didn't think so.

DEX+AGI+STR+CON are NOT optimal stats for an archer. STR and CON are "bs stats you don't need".
Well heck, while you're at it let me whine and gripe too that I don't have a chest and weapon with 4x KNW rolls, 3x KNW rolls on bracelet and neck and 2x KNW rolls on ring and earring. I mean geez - not asking for much - not asking for them to be perfect 9% and over 50 stats or anything. For crying out loud this is totally preposterous why I can't find these items! I've been playing for over a month now without anything...I DEMAND a refund riiiiiiiiiiiiight now.

Zellata

Astellian
Aug 3, 2019
Well heck, while you're at it let me whine and gripe too that I don't have a chest and weapon with 4x KNW rolls, 3x KNW rolls on bracelet and neck and 2x KNW rolls on ring and earring. I mean geez - not asking for much - not asking for them to be perfect 9% and over 50 stats or anything. For crying out loud this is totally preposterous why I can't find these items! I've been playing for over a month now without anything...I DEMAND a refund riiiiiiiiiiiiight now.
You are the one who said it was "easy", remember? We were not talking about perfect rolls or even a single stat in all slots, but about any combination of two main stats for an archer. Apparently, even that is not quite so easy, is it? By the way, if you'd bothered to approximate a probability of getting 4x KNW or even 3x KNW, you'd rage quit right now, and getting astels at 10 points per attempt would suddenly start looking great in comparison.

Quizzical

Astellian
Oct 13, 2019
Let me put it to you this way, it took me almost a week to sell an AGI/CON earring on AH that I listed for 500k. AGI/AGI earring is likely going to cost at least 3 mil, if you can find one. Triple AGI item is going to be 5 mil or higher (again, good luck finding one). An armor or weapon with quad AGI - I don't even know, probably 20 mil+.

Basically, "decently good" is a combination of AGI/DEX for archers and sins, WIL/CON for scholars, STR/CON for warriors, and INT with something else (WIS or KNW, I can't recall right now) for mages. Any other combination pretty much goes into "unwanted toys" piles and only sells for a few hundred thousand (if at all - completely useless combos like STR/INT you can just sell to the vendor or dismantle and save yourself AH fees).
You can get two of the three stats being something you want and the third being something less useful decently quickly. That's not the case with seven star astels, or even five star.

But suppose you had a choice between a fight where:
1) You've got optimal stats on all of your gear, but your astels are four stars, or
2) Most of the stats on your gear are about what you want, except that five stats in total (say, one each on five pieces of gear) are something signficantly less useful like CON an archer, but all of your astels are now seven stars

Which way do you think you'd be stronger on net? Furthermore, even if astels are capped at seven stars now, they likely aren't going to stay that way, so option (2) could change to ten stars later.

My real point here is that if you're going to argue about fixing power imbalances for PVP, let's focus on the big one, not some lesser side issues. Astels are going to drive the major power imbalances long-term. If you want to argue about fixing those balances, astels are the thing to focus on first.

Reactions: Pirylio and ronoch

ronoch

Astellian
Jun 20, 2019
You can get two of the three stats being something you want and the third being something less useful decently quickly. That's not the case with seven star astels, or even five star.

1) You've got optimal stats on all of your gear, but your astels are four stars, or
2) Most of the stats on your gear are about what you want, except that five stats in total (say, one each on five pieces of gear) are something signficantly less useful like CON an archer, but all of your astels are now seven stars

Which way do you think you'd be stronger on net? Furthermore, even if astels are capped at seven stars now, they likely aren't going to stay that way, so option (2) could change to ten stars later.

My real point here is that if you're going to argue about fixing power imbalances for PVP, let's focus on the big one, not some lesser side issues. Astels are going to drive the major power imbalances long-term. If you want to argue about fixing those balances, astels are the thing to focus on first.
Couldn't of said it better.

Zellata

Astellian
Aug 3, 2019

It doesn't need to be a choice. Situation with astels can be fixed at the same time as situation with gear. Major difference between the two right now is that you keep getting astel points (10 pts guaranteed, more if you're lucky - and with the current setup on card packs, you don't need a whole lot of luck to get 2 or 3 star one), while you get completely stuck with gear - there's no progression there, unless you get *very* lucky. You can settle for only some stats being good, but it's going to gimp you in PvP, even if astels happen to be even between opponents. So, yes, both parts are a problem, but gear problem seems to be more effective at driving people away.
Besides, there's another consideration - after a certain point getting more stat increases from astels starts giving diminishing returns, because you can only bump each stat 5 times. After dumping 20 points into "your" (physical or magical) stats, you're not getting a whole lot of benefit out of it any longer.

ronoch

Astellian
Jun 20, 2019
It doesn't need to be a choice. Situation with astels can be fixed at the same time as situation with gear. Major difference between the two right now is that you keep getting astel points (10 pts guaranteed, more if you're lucky - and with the current setup on card packs, you don't need a whole lot of luck to get 2 or 3 star one), while you get completely stuck with gear - there's no progression there, unless you get *very* lucky. You can settle for only some stats being good, but it's going to gimp you in PvP, even if astels happen to be even between opponents. So, yes, both parts are a problem, but gear problem seems to be more effective at driving people away.
Besides, there's another consideration - after a certain point getting more stat increases from astels starts giving diminishing returns, because you can only bump each stat 5 times. After dumping 20 points into "your" (physical or magical) stats, you're not getting a whole lot of benefit out of it any longer.
But bro, have you even "MMO'd"? I mean it's pretty much the standard for every single mmo on the market, especially ones that have randomized stats. It's always rng and you either hate it or love it or get used to it. I personally like randomized stats because it makes getting that really awesome piece a great reward when it does happen rather than having every single person in the same exact gear. But, like I said it's a love hate relationship; sometimes I hate it when RNG isn't on my side, sometimes I love it when it is. Comparing it to astel farming is just silly, though but it seems you're too set in your ways to see that so it is what it is.

Quizzical

Astellian
Oct 13, 2019
There are two logical possibilities:
1) There is long-term progression, so that you're getting stronger in one way or another for months to come.
2) There is no long-term progression, so that you hit a power plateau fairly quickly and then don't get any stronger after that.

Right now, the game is (1). You seem to be arguing that it should be (2). I'd actually prefer that it be (2). But that's not how the game is designed, and that's a pretty radical change to make after launch. Long-term progression intrinsically means unbalanced PVP. How the progression happens can affect how PVP is unbalanced, but not the fact of it.

Zellata

Astellian
Aug 3, 2019
But bro, have you even "MMO'd"? I mean it's pretty much the standard for every single mmo on the market, especially ones that have randomized stats. It's always rng and you either hate it or love it or get used to it. I personally like randomized stats because it makes getting that really awesome piece a great reward when it does happen rather than having every single person in the same exact gear. But, like I said it's a love hate relationship; sometimes I hate it when RNG isn't on my side, sometimes I love it when it is. Comparing it to astel farming is just silly, though but it seems you're too set in your ways to see that so it is what it is.
Bro, I hope I don't completely shatter your world by breaking news like this, but there are other than Korean MMOs out there...quite a large number of them actually. Guess what they all have in common? Right, they do not have randomized stats. It's a feature virtually exclusive to Korean games, unless you count Diablo as an MMO somehow. ;)
I completely understand the desire to get that super rare piece, but it causes plethora of balancing issues. Especially in PvP, but PvE is not immune either - we simply don't have that "you have to have these stats or you're out of group / raid"...yet, mostly because PvE content is not complicated for now.

There are two logical possibilities:
1) There is long-term progression, so that you're getting stronger in one way or another for months to come.
2) There is no long-term progression, so that you hit a power plateau fairly quickly and then don't get any stronger after that.

Right now, the game is (1). You seem to be arguing that it should be (2). I'd actually prefer that it be (2). But that's not how the game is designed, and that's a pretty radical change to make after launch. Long-term progression intrinsically means unbalanced PVP. How the progression happens can affect how PVP is unbalanced, but not the fact of it.
I am advocating a switch to (2), have been doing it since after CBT2. With a caveat - it depends on how you define "long term". I don't think it should be instantaneous, but the time it takes to get from previous "plateau" to the next one should be reasonable - a month or two at the most. It most certainly needs to be finite, not RNG-based.

Flet

Astellian
Oct 11, 2019
Leveling astells seems to be the long term progression. getting them all near 10 stars for the deck effects.
Did you know with the right deck effects you can have two servant astells out permanently with out using the potion? You could probably run two guardians with the potion with the correct effects as well. I think the combination is level 3 of the cost reduction and level 2 of the point regen, or the other way around.

One of the things i like about this game is that compared to some its player gear progression is fairly mild. Yes getting optimal gear is going to take a lot of time, but its got different methods of obtaining it. The main grind would seem to be a more even grind of simply aquiring a lot of stuff, be it a lot of optimal runes, star crystals, astel levels. These are things that are broadly ground out rather than a single spike of luck setting your entire character that some games have.

Of course population is required. They have not advertised the game that much. Im wondering if they are waiting for avalon before they do huge campaign, or if they are just planning to let it die.
This is the first mmo ive played in a long time that felt relaxing to me. I log on and do stuff, and what ever im doing is progressing me in some way.

Lewtz

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
The less progression people have the more people will leave. You cant just nerf everything to ground and say now go here. Again deck effect purples +5 deck effect oranges +5 WHY?

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019
The less progression people have the more people will leave. You cant just nerf everything to ground and say now go here. Again deck effect purples +5 deck effect oranges +5 WHY?
I thought they bumped the Legendaries back up to +7? Now if the old adjusted ones are still +5 may want to bug report it. Not sure myself since I haven't received any legendary Karzas yet (mostly since I've ran only a few Legendaries so far since my time in game is being used elsewhere).

Matastarna

Astellian
Sep 24, 2019
I thought they bumped the Legendaries back up to +7
It appears the bump didn't work. It was reported right after the patch 2 weeks ago, and they said they were looking into it. No further word since then. They still show +5 on the dungeon rewards list also last time I checked.

We're looking into reported lack of visible changes to Treasures, more info to come as we dig into it.
https://forum.astellia-mmo.com/threads/scheduled-maintenance-10-29-completed.3034/page-2

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019
i do love the game but its time move on to other games now
Nice thing about game being B2P is you can always come back and check to see where the game is from time to time.

It appears the bump didn't work. It was reported right after the patch 2 weeks ago, and they said they were looking into it. No further word since then. They still show +5 on the dungeon rewards list also last time I checked.

https://forum.astellia-mmo.com/threads/scheduled-maintenance-10-29-completed.3034/page-2
I thought I saw some of the treasures being linked by guildies last week as having +7 on them; I have slept since then so it could have been something else though. Will try to remember to check into it again later.