Is Astellia already dying?

Quizzical

Astellian
Oct 13, 2019

If crap games like this can find a solution there is ALWAYS a way. This was just a quick google search didn't read it all but you get the drift, doesn't have to be 100% like this particular one. Stop saying they can't. It CAN be done somehow I'm sure, especially if it means possibly reviving a whole side of the market being the N.A server and potentially saving the server from shutting down. I don't think it's to that point YET but it's getting there if they don't do something.

Ever heard of the saying "where there is a will, there is a way"? Gosh, I'd hate to be your son/daughter. Do you tell them they can never do things in life too?
Closers has the "advantage" of being a terrible game, so adding a bunch of latency can't make it much worse.

Zwiebel

Astellian
Jul 4, 2019
Mmos always lose half of their population 1 or 2 months after release. Thats considered normal as people naturally move on after playing a month. What matters is not the initial drop but the longterm sustainability of the comnunity that remains. And that seema remarkably stable in this game. At least in europe.

I feel bad for all the NA gamers playing on an empty server.
Seems like too many NA gamers got fooled by big youtubers advertising the dumpsterfire that is Archeage Unchained (there literally hasnt been a single week without a major scandal in that game).

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019
Mmos always lose half of their population 1 or 2 months after release. Thats considered normal as people naturally move on after playing a month. What matters is not the initial drop but the longterm sustainability of the comnunity that remains. And that seema remarkably stable in this game. At least in europe.

Seems like too many NA gamers got fooled by big youtubers advertising the dumpsterfire that is Archeage Unchained (there literally hasnt been a single week without a major scandal in that game).
Who said NA is empty? I see plenty of people running around, can usually get groups for the stuff I want to do, and have a ton of fun while playing. Of course I do 90% of stuff with my guild so guess there is an advantage there if you are in an active guild. I guess if you play off hours might have trouble, but for the most part the server is plenty active (and no I am not counting the afkers).

Evo

Astellian
May 24, 2019
We dont need too many players as soon as we can find party for dungeon.
We dont need too many players for Avalon either. Our skill and geasr will help nothing when we are outnumbered. I rather have some small scale PVP

Gizelle

Astellian
Sep 29, 2019
stopped playing 2wks before avalon & i thought it was gonna be the reason to stay but avalon was not engaging or entertaining at all. something about the whole map & objectives doesn't feel right, maybe it felt like another mind numbing quests that i've been sick & tired of doing for the past 2 mos.

also weeks of grinding & effort for currencies just to get an item with ridiculously terrible stats & no way to ease the blow is a horrendous design. it's tiresome & disheartening & frankly, ive never seen rng this bad.

some have already pointed out that the player base is depleting because the game's formula doesn't work (for NA players?) i totally agree with you & i'm not sure what they can do at this point. this fading candle wick reminds me of bless online's fate but hoping it's not.

Kethianna

Astellian
Aug 30, 2019
stopped playing 2wks before avalon & i thought it was gonna be the reason to stay but avalon was not engaging or entertaining at all. something about the whole map & objectives doesn't feel right, maybe it felt like another mind numbing quests that i've been sick & tired of doing for the past 2 mos.

also weeks of grinding & effort for currencies just to get an item with ridiculously terrible stats & no way to ease the blow is a horrendous design. it's tiresome & disheartening & frankly, ive never seen rng this bad.

some have already pointed out that the player base is depleting because the game's formula doesn't work (for NA players?) i totally agree with you & i'm not sure what they can do at this point. this fading candle wick reminds me of bless online's fate but hoping it's not.
While I don't think the game is dying it certainly is slowly depleting like you said. I can only agree with you on that the RNG stats plays a significant role in this, along with quests and how you acquire new gear is very linear.

I suggested in another thread that they make a one special currency that you can get from doing dungeons, repeatable/dailies/weeklies, pvp and from field/world bosses (suggested allowing these to have a chance of dropping a crate with large amount of currency) that you can use to buy items with to make the game less linear.

EDIT: in PvP they could make a repeatable quest where you need to kill X amount of enemies to get x amount of currency. Of course Barunson would need to make an update to their ToS stating that it's illegal to farm friend's or alt accounts, and take active steps against abuse.

Lewtz

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
I have purchased 9 avalon treasures and upgraded them until they couldn't. Of those 9 ... two failed at III three failed at IV and Three Failed at V One I am still wearing at V for a total of 8 destroyed. 8 blew up ... wow... and your supposed to get to VIII ? GG rng so bad +8 -1 -1 now your +6 seems familiar.......... gm can pull up records if something doesnt look right but pretty sure thats how this game goes. Less then 400 players in avalon (look at total then scroll to bottom for rank #'s) what 600 players that don't player leaving us with most likely around 1k players NA feels dead sometimes.

Trox

Astellian
May 24, 2019
I have purchased 9 avalon treasures and upgraded them until they couldn't. Of those 9 ... two failed at III three failed at IV and Three Failed at V One I am still wearing at V for a total of 8 destroyed. 8 blew up ... wow... and your supposed to get to VIII ? GG rng so bad +8 -1 -1 now your +6 seems familiar.......... gm can pull up records if something doesnt look right but pretty sure thats how this game goes. Less then 400 players in avalon (look at total then scroll to bottom for rank #'s) what 600 players that don't player leaving us with most likely around 1k players NA feels dead sometimes.
So in the couple of days that Avalon has been out you was able to buy a bunch of the treasures and got 1 halfway to max? Sounds like you can easily have it maxed in 2-3 weeks, and you are going to complain about that? Again; IMO, there is nothing wrong with it taking a few months to get BiS; it gives you something to drive towards as you play. If you get BiS immediately then you will just be bored with nothing to do. Tired of gamers these days thinking they need to have perfect gear handed to them soon as they log in (yes I know that is a bit of an exaggeration, but seems to be getting closer and closer to that being the actual case seems like).

I do agree that these should be a way to reroll stats on gear; it does suck to have a piece of gear that would be great except that one stat makes it complete garbage. Also wouldn't mind seeing them revamp the ticket system so it is something like if you are out of tickets you get half loot or something, so people would be more willing to help others out.

Evo

Astellian
May 24, 2019
So in the couple of days that Avalon has been out you was able to buy a bunch of the treasures and got 1 halfway to max? Sounds like you can easily have it maxed in 2-3 weeks, and you are going to complain about that? Again; IMO, there is nothing wrong with it taking a few months to get BiS; it gives you something to drive towards as you play. If you get BiS immediately then you will just be bored with nothing to do. Tired of gamers these days thinking they need to have perfect gear handed to them soon as they log in (yes I know that is a bit of an exaggeration, but seems to be getting closer and closer to that being the actual case seems like).

I do agree that these should be a way to reroll stats on gear; it does suck to have a piece of gear that would be great except that one stat makes it complete garbage. Also wouldn't mind seeing them revamp the ticket system so it is something like if you are out of tickets you get half loot or something, so people would be more willing to help others out.
He broke 2 to 3 per tier. Lets assume he is lucky and will only break 2 per upgrade afterwards. so he probably need 243 II treasures to get VII. It took him about a week to get 9 II treasures. (got 3 days left for daily quests this week but he had 500 free coins). so it will take him about 27 weeks for only 1 VII.
Taking 7 months for a piece of BiS gear sounds fair. Unfortunately we need multiple ones. Even worse, it is RNG based so anything can happen. The people who break their treasures at VII will definitely quit.

Chikung

Astellian
Sep 13, 2019
Its no problem to need a loot of time to upgrade but this rng is destroying the motivation.
This game has no constant playing, all is rng....this....s.u.c.k.s

ronoch

Astellian
Jun 20, 2019
Pretty sure 90% of the gear in this game came from crafting. >__>
I don't know about other crafts though.
completely wrong, more like the other way around, being purchased or found, maybe. Most ppl don't even craft let alone mass craft because it's such a tedious task - and the ones who do rarely get anything good out of it MOST of the time.

Zwiebel

Astellian
Jul 4, 2019
completely wrong, more like the other way around, being purchased or found, maybe. Most ppl don't even craft let alone mass craft because it's such a tedious task - and the ones who do rarely get anything good out of it MOST of the time.
You know nothing about the game then. Crafting accesoires is incredibly fast and easy. You only need two master beads and 2 essences plus the element to craft a single piece of Accessoire and it procs legendary in one of thre crafts. People actually mass produce these. I know I do.

Chikung

Astellian
Sep 13, 2019
Pretty sure 90% of the gear in this game came from crafting. >__>
I don't know about other crafts though.
For sure not.
I am crafter and the time, ressources you need to craft for some armor is very hard.
Crafted 8 Armors for assassine and needed round about 500 ressources from one component and 300 from another.
Its nearly useless to craft here because rng will kick you off......

Furthermore you get a very good armor and weapon through the quest(big failure from astellia game to it like this).

So i assume they get armor from the coins from the merchant or from inis.

Lewtz

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
Another 40 attempts yes 40.. 250 tokens per 10k tokens. I had over 200 shards. ALL 40 blew up before Rank V. Asking others many say O i got a couple V's. This is absurd. GO AHEAD GM"S CHECK THE LOG SEE IT BLEW UP 40 TIMES just trying to get to V while everyone else around me linking V's Multiple V's even 6's.. Very fair right RNG is end game?

Evo

Astellian
May 24, 2019
Another 40 attempts yes 40.. 250 tokens per 10k tokens. I had over 200 shards. ALL 40 blew up before Rank V. Asking others many say O i got a couple V's. This is absurd. GO AHEAD GM"S CHECK THE LOG SEE IT BLEW UP 40 TIMES just trying to get to V while everyone else around me linking V's Multiple V's even 6's.. Very fair right RNG is end game?
Don't worry, they will eventually break their VIIs and rage quit.

Lewtz

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
Maybe But to say those players get to even experience a 6 let alone 5's while I'm over here top rank for the bottom faction farming nothing but this and only this all week to do it all at once... WITH A DECK EFFECT... and still all 40 gone. I planned to stop at any V along the way and not try to progress further as its where it turns from blue to purple and I feel is a great proc. But to say hey you gain nothing for your work o well from a couple sure.. from 40????? WHAT?

Younai

Astellian
Aug 20, 2019
Maybe But to say those players get to even experience a 6 let alone 5's while I'm over here top rank for the bottom faction farming nothing but this and only this all week to do it all at once... WITH A DECK EFFECT... and still all 40 gone. I planned to stop at any V along the way and not try to progress further as its where it turns from blue to purple and I feel is a great proc. But to say hey you gain nothing for your work o well from a couple sure.. from 40????? WHAT?
I think it will be better if they make it like u need 50 bottles to +1 , 100 to +2 etc something like that but its 100% success rate

Reactions: Jazices and Oraqlas