is this game dead??

jam201984

Astellian
Sep 27, 2019
im looking to buy this game as it look instestering im just worried there not enough player left playing it???

and who makes the free version of this and is it safe ?

Reactions: Pirylio

Towi

Astellian
Jun 12, 2019
Its dead ! There are Groups in Guilds who can make everything but if you dont have a Guild you cant run any Legendary Dungeon as a New Player.

You can lvl your char and you can get slayed in PVP but thats all.

Drakira

Astellian
Jun 6, 2019
It's dead. There's no hope of this game to be revived again. The only thing I see happening are maintenances but zero updates about new content for the game. So it pretty much is on life support till the devs pull the plug. This game went down faster than Bless online and that's a bloody miracle. The only thing they forgot to do is to close down the servers.

Elisja

Astellian
Apr 9, 2020
Even I had to come to realise that it'd about to be dead.
I feel that in my bones.

Yes its dead. One can only farm so many solo legs after all your friends and guildmates have left before you cap out your gear and there's literally nothing left to do. Still love the game to death but it was dead the moment it got sold.

Falconer_Joanna

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
It's sad in a way, there is a lot of potential in this game. But with the loss of the CM's there is no communication at all.

Devs, if anyone reads this think about:

1) Raising the level cap to 55 or more
2) Unlocking the 10th star for astels
3) Converting the rest of the growth dungeons to legendary dungeons
4) Finally finishing the expedition dungeon(s)
5) Server work/maintenance to eliminate the lag spikes
6) Publish some sort of roadmap if there is one

Reactions: Elisja

Towi

Astellian
Jun 12, 2019
It's sad in a way, there is a lot of potential in this game. But with the loss of the CM's there is no communication at all.

Will never happen because there is no Playerbase and no Cash that is comming in. They will do nothing till the last player is gone.

Xanadú

Astellian
Mar 13, 2021
Well, there is no incoming cash?
Players have bought the game, as B2P, or not? So we might have the "right" to play a playable game which receives attention.
Otherwise it seems like BLESS where they intentionally cashed out and closed the servers....

we are playing for a few weeks (weekend only normally) and never saw more than one or two people in the zone, but, in higerh zones, e.g. Athlon there is much higher population.

game has potential, yes, but seems to be neglected by developers, testers, quality assurance, correct translation etc.
It has a wide world, but not really open world (i hate portals and loading screens).
So the design, the dungeons, the world itself is all pretty nice, altought not outstanding, buzt gives a nice feeling to play and is fun for us.

But on the other side there are so many little details that are still not fixed, and i feel they never will. I am getting confused when i read all the item names and they have different names here and there...

and then again, the in game help is not that bad. I played many other games which had nothing in regards.

So, the game is enjoyable, you can have a lot of fun, but it may not be the game to stay for the next years to come,, sadly...

I really wished there were an item fusion option to fuse 2 white items to green, 3 greens to blue etc. would be nice.

GoVirgo

Astellian
Sep 26, 2019

I ageee they must think about these. The easiest will be rasing the level cap and unlocking astels to 10 stars.

I think the game is still enjoyable in NA server. There are still players looking for ppl to run dungeons with. There are still wars and drama in Avalon everyday, which is the best way to enjoy this game. However, the recent re-location of data center to Korea was a bummer for NA players as the ping is now 250-300ms. The high ping slows down attack speed so it's not very good for NA ppl to play mellee class like assasin for PvP. But it seems fine to play other classes including warriors as their main dps is from astels not the character itself. For PvE, the game play is just fine for all classes.

So, I would say it's not dead yet at least for NA server.

Last edited:

hikarigiki

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
Ofc, so many problems people keep trying to bring up but then you had the same group of people burying their heads and belittle those concerns because they were having fun but didn't care about others. Well of course people would leave, they can keep playing their game since they have fun isn't that what they only cared about :rolleyes:

jonathansoko

Astellian
Apr 7, 2021
This game has a ton of problems BUT for some reason i love it. Its the most average mmo ive ever played..... but i like it and it just makes me happy lol. Its dumb, but i like it.

Its "classic" in so many ways, it can also be very generic but i dont think thats really a bad thing. Its got way too much rng, and the p2w astel skins really irritate me but im willing to get over it.

I really hope the devs change, and listen, the game is good and its sad to see how they seem to have forgotten us and made royal, that really made me mad and upset. I dont think they listen to us though, i really pray they change and listen to us becuase clearly we like this game. And with royal they split the community in half. The player base is almost dead even, but isntead of being on one server, they split us into TWO DIFF GAMES.

I digress, rant over, love this flawed game and i hope the devs change and listen to us. Astellia online is my "guilty please" mmo, and i hate that i have to feel like that, i want to be proud of the game

Drakira

Astellian
Jun 6, 2019
Ofc, so many problems people keep trying to bring up but then you had the same group of people burying their heads and belittle those concerns because they were having fun but didn't care about others. Well of course people would leave, they can keep playing their game since they have fun isn't that what they only cared about :rolleyes:
Pretty much the road Bless Online went. That playerbase (claiming there was nothing wrong with Bless Online and a fun game to play) chose their own hill to die on. Bye bye money. It's the same with Astellia Online. At least Neowiz closed it down after they funneled the money for Bless Online into another game. Studio8 is still trying to squeeze money from a dead game.

I from time to time still check the forum and game in hope they revive the game but my guess is that it will close down soon.