January Content Preview!

Dashup

Astellian
Sep 27, 2019
No subscription. It's like 2.5 months on FF14 or WOW. I played since september. No subs since 4 months. so i'm ok to buy sometimes a little gift for my self.
I pref play without subs and paid sometimes a mount or skin for my pleasure.
And not Like wow or FF14 subs + cashshop with mount 20€ + 14€/month subs

NyanPowa

Astellian
Sep 17, 2019
i think they missed one of the 2020 preview content. xD

- Game Shutdown

btw now that i can post here again, i feel like i want to get banned all over again.

Vasa

Astellian
Oct 19, 2019
I found a NPC Kizel, but I can't take the task. What's wrong?

I found out the reason; many other tasks were taken from me.

Last edited:

Lynar

Astellian
Jan 14, 2020
No subscription. It's like 2.5 months on FF14 or WOW. I played since september. No subs since 4 months. so i'm ok to buy sometimes a little gift for my self.
I pref play without subs and paid sometimes a mount or skin for my pleasure.
And not Like wow or FF14 subs + cashshop with mount 20€ + 14€/month subs
Boy, FFXIV and WOW are like Dad and Mother of MMORPG, they are.played from 10 milion players, you pay a sub, yes but you have Customer Care, non-pay to win game, always patched and giantenormous worlds and story, FFXIV has one of the most Beautiful crafting system, WoW has Epic PVP and PVE Battle, you can't compare them with this...

Reactions: Tipsy

NyanPowa

Astellian
Sep 17, 2019
Boy, FFXIV and WOW are like Dad and Mother of MMORPG, they are.played from 10 milion players, you pay a sub, yes but you have Customer Care, non-pay to win game, always patched and giantenormous worlds and story, FFXIV has one of the most Beautiful crafting system, WoW has Epic PVP and PVE Battle, you can't compare them with this...
actually FFXIV and WOW are both pretty bad games only being kept alive by a small group/community devoted to the title. don't confuse that with quality, the gaming community wouldnt be so desperate for new mmorpgs if those two were actually good.

Astellia is a decent game that faces huge problems with its endgame design and community(more on the side of community, because even some bad games still have a decently large playerbase).

Dashup

Astellian
Sep 27, 2019
And What ??
I talk about money and subscription and you.... about community...

what i said about subscriptions is true. You don't have subs in Astellia so sometime you can buy something in the shop and it's still cheaper.

I bought 30 euros in shop in 4 months of games. 4 months in WOW or FF14 it's more than 40 euros.
(for me, wow is just a very good basic mmo with a huge marketing budget)

Reactions: Oklmq

mystykz

Astellian
Sep 30, 2019
As per usual missing stuff in patchnotes. We now have a Super Shiny Subclassicon for everyone which by color shows you if someone is 5/10 or 15 Star which is a good thing in itself to be able to see that but the shiny animation itself is way to big and in a full party it is eye cancer imo. They added a little Animation when an Astelcard upgrades a Star now too that is cute and nice.

Reactions: Oklmq and Frostbyte

Micela

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
As per usual missing stuff in patchnotes. We now have a Super Shiny Subclassicon for everyone which by color shows you if someone is 5/10 or 15 Star which is a good thing in itself to be able to see that but the shiny animation itself is way to big and in a full party it is eye cancer imo. They added a little Animation when an Astelcard upgrades a Star now too that is cute and nice.
Thats what i was waiting for since release. Some shiny symbols for my class... *head meets table*

Reactions: Ciara San and Terra

Oklmq

Astellian
Jun 19, 2019
Shiny weapons/armors when +10 would be nice too :D or shiny effects based on CP

Last edited:
Reactions: Dashup

Tipsy

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
actually FFXIV and WOW are both pretty bad games only being kept alive by a small group/community devoted to the title. don't confuse that with quality, the gaming community wouldnt be so desperate for new mmorpgs if those two were actually good.

Astellia is a decent game that faces huge problems with its endgame design and community(more on the side of community, because even some bad games still have a decently large playerbase).
Dude, get your effin' facts straight, alright?

First of all, you're wrong on all accounts here. WoW and FFXIV are actual mmorpgs with proper content and progress system that doesn't rely heavily on any cash shop. The only thing you can buy in the WoW cash shop is optional mounts as well as account services. Everything in the FFXIV cash shop is optional as well. Some stuff in the Astellia cash shop are not optional but a requirement if you want to progress.

Second. There are millions of players actively playing both WoW and FF XIV. What does Astellia have? Well, let me tell you.

1: They shut down the Korean version now (Or just about to shut it down). Only this version will still be alive after Jan 16th.

2: This version will meet the same fate as the Korean version soon enough due to the lack of customer support, proper gear progression system and an out-of-this-world grind for everything, with probably the worst RNG system i have ever seen since i started playing mmos back when M59 released.

While Astellia have potential, it is being wasted by lazy developers. This game doesn't even have more than a few thousand players here in the West actively playing, and you dare to compare that to the two biggest mmorpgs on the market where one has been around since 2004 and still got millions of active players? If WoW and FFXIV are bad games, then how come both have millions of active players after so many years? They're only bad in 'your' eyes. Could it be because they both require you to pay a subscription fee? That seem to be a common thing between those who 'hate' WoW and FFXIV.

You should stop trying to white knight this game (and other F2P games) so hard, because the more people white knight a game, the harder it is for the game to survive and attract more people because people will figure out for themselves the state of the game and that it is far from the reality you white knights try to sell them with your hogwash, then they quit.

White knighting hurts a game far more than it does any good.

Pirylio

Astellian
Oct 4, 2019

Appoxa

Astellian
Sep 30, 2019
It affects BE&A. They don't get money from Nexon anymore.
And now its easier for them to do changes in our Astellia version, as they dont have to care about the korean version. So its also good for us.

Or you think that they will decide: "Oh ****, we won't get any more money in Korea now. Phew, then we better close our other Astellia versions as well. We hate making money!"

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
the big question is, how they use this situation now ...

do they give up, trying to get the last few coins out of already prepered content ... artificially prolonged and delayed in release like a slowly downburning flame

or do they actually start, to recreate the content in ways we "westerners" prefer/like

and that is something, we can only speculate about

Edit :
but, what worries me most is this line within the steam-description

Sprachen:

OberflächeTonUntertitel
Deutsch
the german localisation still isn't finished ...
we still have translation errors, since day one ... reported over and over again remaining within the game
when the new area miodan came out, 1/3 of the text was english 1/3 was german and 1/3 was missing
aidaz pimpes de collectante [yes, thats french and the german quest-description from the christmas event]

don't promote something as translated,
when it actually is not ...

Reactions: Oklmq

Gioppi

Astellian
Sep 9, 2019
the big question is, how they use this situation now ...

do they give up, trying to get the last few coins out of already prepered content ... artificially prolonged and delayed in release like a slowly downburning flame

or do they actually start, to recreate the content in ways we "westerners" prefer/like

and that is something, we can only speculate about

Edit :
but, what worries me most is this line within the steam-description

the german localisation still isn't finished ...
we still have translation errors, since day one ... reported over and over again remaining within the game
when the new area miodan came out, 1/3 of the text was english 1/3 was german and 1/3 was missing
aidaz pimpes de collectante [yes, thats french and the german quest-description from the christmas event]

don't promote something as translated,
when it actually is not ...
only a part of miodan tho, everything is translated except 20 lines... so yes they can promote it as translated

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
only a part of miodan tho, everything is translated except 20 lines... so yes they can promote it as translated
"heres your menu with 5 courses ... oh, of course, you get everything ... except the side dish" ... that's how this sounds to me

we still have translation issues reported day one ... not fixed until now [zeige alles (show all) means "sell all" at the vendors window]
during cristmas, a german quest was displayed in french ...
when miodan opened, 1/3 of the text was english, 1/3 of the text german and half of text was ... well ... just blanked out

the item descriptions are still a massive mess ... for example the shaman staff "nagwagan" is suddenly called "sakaya-staff" in the fusion-descriptions ... and that's just an example

and yes, the translation does get better with time ... that much is true,
but you can't deny, that the translation was [and in parts still is] realy messed up directly from the beginning of the game
[and even there, they not once bothered to tell the buyer about these issues]

what i am criticising ... just to be specific about that ...
isn't, that the game isn't fully translated

what i am criticising is,
that even though nowing about these issues,
they simply are not honest with ther customers upfront

nobody would have an issue, if you tell them "hey ... a few lines of the game are still in english, but we are fixing that within the next month" ...

but many peaple have issues, to play a half translated game (like it was in the beginning), without being clearly told so

Reactions: Oklmq and Appoxa