Launcher Issues and Resolves

Thelastdragoon

Astellian
Aug 21, 2019
I've been reading the discord a lot and noticed people having issues with the launcher. I'd like to compile these into a thread to hopefully get stickied by a CM that outlines the issues and how the community has found a resolve. This should reduce the amount of complaints and allow users to resolve it on their own, before flooding customer support with tickets. If there is an official page for this, someone please link the page so I can edit this thread.

Please also reference this post to see if your issue is located here: https://forum.astellia-mmo.com/threads/login-issues-update-11-19pm-pdt-9-10-resolved.1224/

In addition, if you run into further issues that have been resolved, please let me know. I want to have as many of these as possible for launch. The less issues that we have as a community, the better it will be for everyone.

All screenshots are attached using Discord links.

Q: Where should I download it from?
A: I recommend that you ONLY download from the official website. I don't care if it takes a long time, you are less likely to run into corrupted files or compromised files from another person.

Q: I have the launcher downloaded and when I press the play button, it says that I need 50GB of hard drive space.
A: Unfortunately, I'm not sure if this is a true error with the client or launcher itself. Other users have reported that freeing up the additional 50GB allowed them to launch the game afterwards.

Q: The launcher will not start when I run it.
A: Open up "Task Manager". If you only see a few options, click on "More details" at the bottom left of the window. Scroll down and see if Astellia launcher is running. If it is, highlight it (left click) and click "End Task" at the bottom right of the Task Manager. Wait 1-2 minutes and then launch Astellia Online again. Sometimes, the launcher will run the process but never open. It hasn't happened on my computer yet, but this resolved it for someone else.

Q: My launcher updated, but I can't launch the game.
A: Click on "Settings" in the launcher and then click on "File Check". You will have to wait while this updates, but it shouldn't take too long. (Tested and confirmed on my PC)

Q: I changed my location from North America to Europe and the game will not launch correctly anymore.
A: Change your location at the bottom left to the correct one. After you change it, log out of the launcher using the top right icon. This should save any changes and send you back to the login screen. Log back in and launch the game. (Tested and confirmed on my PC).

Q: I receive the error "Account not registered" when I try to log in.
A: The launcher is case sensitive. If your email that you registered with is JillyBoBob@domain.com, then you can not use jillybobob@domain.com on the launcher. Please double check CAPS LOCK to ensure that it is not the problem.

Q: My launcher gives me the following message, "An error occured while patching, if you'd like to help us improve the launcher please click the 'Confirm' button to send the error logs to us. If the issue continues, please initiate a file check in the launcher settings window."
A: This worked for @The.Lun. Original topic: https://forum.astellia-mmo.com/threads/download-error.1354/#post-14989
Step 1: Run file check. Sometimes the issue will fix automatically. If not, proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Run your launcher as Administrator. Please make sure that your hard drive has enough space (35-40 GB).
Step 3: Restart your PC and wait 2 minutes for everything in your PC to open.
Step 4: Open your launcher and do not touch anything or open anything while it is downloading (go watch TV, afk?).

Q: I am unable to see the entire launcher when I launch it.
A: This is a known bug by support. The only current way to get around it, is to set your resolution down to 1080 and relaunch. You can try to adjust Windows 10 scaling. "It is recommended to set your scaling to 100% that way you can still enjoy the game at the highest resolution you want on your hardware."

Q: The game says ''Failed to resume patching the client. Please click the retry button to attempt again, if the issue persists click the OK button to restart the game download entirely''
A:
Step 1: Double check that the process isn't running when you close the launcher.
Step 2: Run as Administrator
Step 3: Make sure you have enough room on your hard drive/SSD to install on.
Step 4: Try running the "File Check" for any broken files on the launcher.
Last option: Uninstall and Reinstall.

Q: The launcher gives the error "Cannot find 'D3DCOMPILER_43.DLL'. Please re-install this application".
A: Always run as Admin when installing launcher softwares. DX-9 might not have been installed during the setup process due to permissions or issues. You can download DirectX 9 directly from Microsoft's website. After installing DX-9, restart your computer.

Reference post: https://forum.astellia-mmo.com/threads/cannot-find-d3dcompiler_43-dll-please-re-install-this-application.1366/
Reference link for DX-9: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429

Q: I'm receiving the error, "Something went wrong! Please refresh the page and try again!", after logging into the launch or website.
A: If all of the above tips did not resolve your issue, I would send in a ticket to customer support. Another user reported that it was fixed by the GMs and was directly related to the account, not the hardware or software.

Reference Post: https://forum.astellia-mmo.com/threads/something-went-wrong-please-refresh-the-page-and-try-again-error.1347/

Q: I tried to start the launch, but nothing happened (black box appears and disappears).
A: The cause was outdated drivers. After updating the drivers on their laptop, it worked normally.

Reference solution: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/606501382660554757/623861838303461397/unknown.png

Q: I am receiving the error "Background image loading failed, please reinstall the launcher".
A: This has been responded to by Astellia support team.

Reference article: https://astellia.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033692592

Q: I am having download issues. Isthere an alternative method?
A: http://patch02.astellia-mmo.com/client/Recovery/Astellia.7z <-- Direct download link for client provided by customer support.

Update October 21st, 2019: I haven't been as Active in updating this post since Astellia launched, as I've been in-game gearing and having fun. For all those that are having additional issues, please check the below references from the CMs directly!

Please check out this thread if you haven't done so already:
https://forum.astellia-mmo.com/threads/helpful-information-issue-resolutions.2227/#DNS
And also do not hesitate to get in touch with our Customer Support team here:
https://astellia.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Last edited:

AcePro

Astellian
Sep 10, 2019
Hey all,

First of all thnx alot for this post, I myself didt had any isseu but I'm glad the community is trying to work togheter to resolve this problem or atleast help as many as we can!

I'm not sure if I should post it here but would like to see asmany info/help in one thread since this will be much easier to controle.

Here is a post I came across, hope it help some ppl out! Pls like this post if it helpt u, also post and quot this post when it didt worked out for u and why.

Original post is coming from The.Lun https://forum.astellia-mmo.com/threads/download-error.1354/post-14989

Same goes for the post from TheLastdragoon, like his post and tell wich Q&A helped u out or didt helpend u and why. Thnx all for your effort, time to resolve this problem and enjoy the game all togheter!!

Goodluck!

AcePro

Astellian
Sep 10, 2019
Thank you for the topic. I've added it as a possible issue to the original post with a reference link.
Sure anytime, thnx for adding it.
Were still busy collecting info and I'll do my best to lead ppl to this post WHEN they found a fix, and share it here for all to read and hope this help for people who need it ;)

Reactions: Thelastdragoon

Caios

Astellian
Sep 15, 2019
Thanks for the thread, and I see you already have my comments from the discord up there. I wanted to add some extra notes now that I have properly resolved the issue. First, I can confirm that this is an issue with Windows Scaling. However you may not need to set your resolution so low.

I checked my windows settings and saw right away that Windows had set the scaling to 150%. So I simply set the scaling back down to 100% and that alone resolved the issue for me. The launcher showed up properly for me with no problem. Interestingly as a test I set the scaling back up to 150% and the launcher still worked great for me. So simply cycling your ui scaling in windows can potentially solve the problem. At the very least it's recommended to set your scaling to 100% that way you can still enjoy the game at the highest resolution you want on your hardware.

Sepultura

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
Game downloaded without problems. When I try to log in to create the char the launcher is at 1%. I ran file check but with no result.
I think I'm gonna uninstall and try again...

AcePro

Astellian
Sep 10, 2019
Good job TheLastdragoon!

Was about to ask if u could add the dll isseu Thread, keep up the good work ;)

Internaut

Astellian
Jun 9, 2019
Q: My launcher updated, but I can't launch the game.
A: Click on "Settings" in the launcher and then click on "File Check". You will have to wait while this updates, but it shouldn't take too long. (Tested and confirmed on my PC)
Still doesnt work. Access allowed through Firewall and ran as Admin. Any ideas people? Not reinstalling, 40Gigs isnt a joke where im from. If so then i might as well give up on this game.

ashiana

Astellian
Aug 5, 2019
The 50GB bug is real. I finally put the game on an external hardrive with sooooo much room and can launch the game with no problems - other than slowness to load...waiting for a bug fix :) I had the same 1% re install, wouldn't file check, etc., wanted to reinstall continually. Try relocating the game if you can.

Scotticus

Astellian
Sep 10, 2019
The 50GB bug is real. I finally put the game on an external hardrive with sooooo much room and can launch the game with no problems - other than slowness to load...waiting for a bug fix :) I had the same 1% re install, wouldn't file check, etc., wanted to reinstall continually. Try relocating the game if you can.
Same thing. I was told by support to free up space since there was a 50gb bug. I did, and still won't launch. Really hoping for a fix to somehow get this game to work lol

Malsy

Astellian
Jul 14, 2019
My launcher deleted itself after running file check.... an now I can not reinstall it.

Last edited:

Thelastdragoon

Astellian
Aug 21, 2019
My launcher deleted itself after running file check.... an now I can not reinstall it.
Holy moley! How does that even happen?!
If you still have the installer on a separate location, I would uninstall everything related to the current Astellia launcher and relaunch it if you're having THAT buggy of an issue. Check your anti-virus and firewall (although mines are REALLY aggressive and haven't flagged anything) and verify that a file didn't get flagged on your computer.

Check the file size on your Astellia setup installer and verify that it isn't incredibly small. Try to reinstall clean, which will require re-patching. Let me know if any of this fixes your issue.

Thelastdragoon

Astellian
Aug 21, 2019
Still doesnt work. Access allowed through Firewall and ran as Admin. Any ideas people? Not reinstalling, 40Gigs isnt a joke where im from. If so then i might as well give up on this game.
@Internaut
Did you find a solution to this issue? Join the Discord and feel free to DM me for additional help.

Reactions: AcePro

Zaylie

Astellian
Jun 21, 2019
Just downloaded onto my new machine. The launcher says it will now start for an update (pop up window) and then promptly closes that pop up and does nothing. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Taaka

Astellian
Sep 18, 2019
Is there a reason we are talking in 3rd person here?
The CM's are as much a part of this community as the words are in this sentence.
Please stop dividing CM's from the community, whether intentional or not.
Thank you all for understanding my point, or not. <cheers>