Launcher Issues and Resolves

Kattt

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
I have had ALL the launcher probs, today it’s the background image failed to load one. I’ve uninstalled at least 20 times now, and keep redownloading in the hopes that they’ve patched it. I have tried all the fixes listed on this forum. My comp has 400gigs available and runs AAA MMOs on max graphics with no issue. Seriously, wtf???

Thelastdragoon

Astellian
Aug 21, 2019
I have had ALL the launcher probs, today it’s the background image failed to load one. I’ve uninstalled at least 20 times now, and keep redownloading in the hopes that they’ve patched it. I have tried all the fixes listed on this forum. My comp has 400gigs available and runs AAA MMOs on max graphics with no issue. Seriously, wtf???
I updated the background image one on this thread, with the answer from Astellia support team.

Reactions: AcePro

Yooperwiz

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
I can finally get past launcher and now I keep getting 'Cannot log in to the game server.' Anyone else?

Ay0

Astellian
Sep 19, 2019
For me ... after 2a.m
1st i was logging before and ask me if disconneced last session than nothink happend
2nd i choice server and was 10min in logging to server
3rd 219 error
4th -- up to 20 Server in maintance

Shoko

Astellian
Aug 1, 2019
I cant start the game... since the last Patch my Launcher started to stuck at 1%... even with reinstall it isnt working and the support just sent me a mass response

Pappy-Nash

Astellian
Sep 21, 2019
this is what the launcher tells me when I try to install it: "an error occured while attempting to download the patch"

Rurumo

Astellian
Aug 5, 2019
Others asked but never got a reply. If we played in CBT 2, how do we update the launcher if it doesn't do it automatically? I just started file check but not sure if that will do it. Please help so this computer illiterate will be able to play tomorrow!

Warlunhardt

Astellian
Jun 26, 2019
I've been reading the discord a lot and noticed people having issues with the launcher. I'd like to compile these into a thread to hopefully get stickied by a CM that outlines the issues and how the community has found a resolve. This should reduce the amount of complaints and allow users to resolve it on their own, before flooding customer support with tickets. If there is an official page for this, someone please link the page so I can edit this thread.

Please also reference this post to see if your issue is located here: https://forum.astellia-mmo.com/threads/login-issues-update-11-19pm-pdt-9-10-resolved.1224/

In addition, if you run into further issues that have been resolved, please let me know. I want to have as many of these as possible for launch. The less issues that we have as a community, the better it will be for everyone.

All screenshots are attached using Discord links.

Q: Where should I download it from?
A: I recommend that you ONLY download from the official website. I don't care if it takes a long time, you are less likely to run into corrupted files or compromised files from another person.

Q: I have the launcher downloaded and when I press the play button, it says that I need 50GB of hard drive space.
A: Unfortunately, I'm not sure if this is a true error with the client or launcher itself. Other users have reported that freeing up the additional 50GB allowed them to launch the game afterwards.

Q: The launcher will not start when I run it.
A: Open up "Task Manager". If you only see a few options, click on "More details" at the bottom left of the window. Scroll down and see if Astellia launcher is running. If it is, highlight it (left click) and click "End Task" at the bottom right of the Task Manager. Wait 1-2 minutes and then launch Astellia Online again. Sometimes, the launcher will run the process but never open. It hasn't happened on my computer yet, but this resolved it for someone else.

Q: My launcher updated, but I can't launch the game.
A: Click on "Settings" in the launcher and then click on "File Check". You will have to wait while this updates, but it shouldn't take too long. (Tested and confirmed on my PC)

Q: I changed my location from North America to Europe and the game will not launch correctly anymore.
A: Change your location at the bottom left to the correct one. After you change it, log out of the launcher using the top right icon. This should save any changes and send you back to the login screen. Log back in and launch the game. (Tested and confirmed on my PC).

Q: I receive the error "Account not registered" when I try to log in.
A: The launcher is case sensitive. If your email that you registered with is JillyBoBob@domain.com, then you can not use jillybobob@domain.com on the launcher. Please double check CAPS LOCK to ensure that it is not the problem.

Q: My launcher gives me the following message, "An error occured while patching, if you'd like to help us improve the launcher please click the 'Confirm' button to send the error logs to us. If the issue continues, please initiate a file check in the launcher settings window."
A: This worked for @The.Lun. Original topic: https://forum.astellia-mmo.com/threads/download-error.1354/#post-14989
Step 1: Run file check. Sometimes the issue will fix automatically. If not, proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Run your launcher as Administrator. Please make sure that your hard drive has enough space (35-40 GB).
Step 3: Restart your PC and wait 2 minutes for everything in your PC to open.
Step 4: Open your launcher and do not touch anything or open anything while it is downloading (go watch TV, afk?).

Q: I am unable to see the entire launcher when I launch it.
A: This is a known bug by support. The only current way to get around it, is to set your resolution down to 1080 and relaunch. You can try to adjust Windows 10 scaling. "It is recommended to set your scaling to 100% that way you can still enjoy the game at the highest resolution you want on your hardware."

Q: The game says ''Failed to resume patching the client. Please click the retry button to attempt again, if the issue persists click the OK button to restart the game download entirely''
A:
Step 1: Double check that the process isn't running when you close the launcher.
Step 2: Run as Administrator
Step 3: Make sure you have enough room on your hard drive/SSD to install on.
Step 4: Try running the "File Check" for any broken files on the launcher.
Last option: Uninstall and Reinstall.

Q: The launcher gives the error "Cannot find 'D3DCOMPILER_43.DLL'. Please re-install this application".
A: Always run as Admin when installing launcher softwares. DX-9 might not have been installed during the setup process due to permissions or issues. You can download DirectX 9 directly from Microsoft's website. After installing DX-9, restart your computer.

Reference post: https://forum.astellia-mmo.com/threads/cannot-find-d3dcompiler_43-dll-please-re-install-this-application.1366/
Reference link for DX-9: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429

Q: I'm receiving the error, "Something went wrong! Please refresh the page and try again!", after logging into the launch or website.
A: If all of the above tips did not resolve your issue, I would send in a ticket to customer support. Another user reported that it was fixed by the GMs and was directly related to the account, not the hardware or software.

Reference Post: https://forum.astellia-mmo.com/threads/something-went-wrong-please-refresh-the-page-and-try-again-error.1347/

Q: I tried to start the launch, but nothing happened (black box appears and disappears).
A: The cause was outdated drivers. After updating the drivers on their laptop, it worked normally.

Reference solution: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/606501382660554757/623861838303461397/unknown.png

Q: I am receiving the error "Background image loading failed, please reinstall the launcher".
A: This has been responded to by Astellia support team.

Reference article: https://astellia.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033692592

Your missing this new error after entering the game you get kicked , Also the 1% stuck on checking files in Launcher. 756

AcePro

Astellian
Sep 10, 2019
I contact support but no reply so bad game support
At wat time u sended the Suport Ticket? At this time Suport was/is getting spammed with msg so it may take awhile before they gone trow them all.

Pls be patience u get your answer sooner or later ;)

Best regards AcePro!

Reactions: Avorniel

Avorniel

Astellian
Aug 5, 2019
At wat time u sended the Suport Ticket? At this time Suport was/is getting spammed with msg so it may take awhile before they gone trow them all.

Pls be patience u get your answer sooner or later ;)

Best regards AcePro!
@Warlunhardt
Have to concur with what AcePro has said,I myself had issues with launcher and they got back to me within a few days and there are a lot of players who are experiencing launcher type issues going by the posts being done,
May help speed up the fix if you send the DxDiag report and the games logs which they asked me for log folder is in main game location

Avi

Reactions: AcePro

AcePro

Astellian
Sep 10, 2019
I cant start the game... since the last Patch my Launcher started to stuck at 1%... even with reinstall it isnt working and the support just sent me a mass response
For the ones that's experience any isseu like 1% stuck, pls check your Astellia Launcher at Taskbar for any activity (think about RAM/Cpu usage) if u see any activity even the smallest amount leave the Launcher open en let it do it's thing (yes we know it's very slow in some cases)

Also ppl that DONT have a Legendary pack wont be able to Launch the game!

Goodluck!

AcePro

Astellian
Sep 10, 2019
I'm in Thailand can I play I just brought platinum package dunno if I can play or not
Only Legendary Package owners can play atm, Platinum Package owners are able to login at:
NA: 24-09 5:00pm PDT, EU: 25-09 2:00am CEST.

Should look yourself where u fit in the best cus idk wich server is closest for u ;)

Best regards AcePro!

Torahime

Astellian
Sep 23, 2019
Hi Astellie’s stuff

I very exciting to play your game and didn’t hesitate to buy your $99 pack but the problem is I can’t download and join your game since that date. I follow all the solutions that people who have the same problems with me even bought WTFast. It still said “failed to resume patching” So do you have any suggestions or anything to compensate for 2 days that I missing in head-start or I need to wait until head-start end?

Best regards,

thana.w