Launcher Issues and Resolves

purson117

Astellian
Oct 1, 2019
Just leave it, it takes 1 hour and 30 minutes to update after it got stuck at 52%, then I pass to 98% and I'm already playing
After leaving it open for 4hours it is still stuck on 2% with the same error.

"An error has occurred while patching,if you'd like to help us..."

I'm at a point where i've tried everything to fix it but it just wont get past 2%.I'll just refund the game and come back at a later date when they get this launcher sorted out.

Leslie

Astellian
Sep 30, 2019
After leaving it open for 4hours it is still stuck on 2% with the same error.

"An error has occurred while patching,if you'd like to help us..."

I'm at a point where i've tried everything to fix it but it just wont get past 2%.I'll just refund the game and come back at a later date when they get this launcher sorted out.
They were not replying to you. The people "stuck" are not getting an error message. The counter is simply not moving. But the counter not moving is something that can happen in this launcher. Just leave it be or check in Task Manage to make sure it is using network resources if you are worried it iss not doing anything.

Anyway, as for your problem. I was also getting that message continually yesterday, on around 42%. No matter whether I restart client. I finally used File Check which has just completed with my client around 30Gb big. Going to try the Play button now and hope I do not run into that error message again.

Can not believe how unstable this launcher/patcher is in this day and age. Especially for a company developing a game that is all about networks.. lol. I've also purchased game over weekend and is still struggling to get the download/install to complete without error.

Leslie

Astellian
Sep 30, 2019
Great, press Play and it immediately deletes "AstelliaClient" folder, which contained 8Gb. Lets see what it does with the 21Gb in "managed/recovery/tempRecovery/CompressFile" cause it did not "extract" those to the game folder. It seems to be downloading the content for "managed/patch", inclduding the "InitialPatch" folder. So basically, I wasted time and data with the "Check File" last night.

This is a clean install.. how can it be so hard to just work!?

purson117

Astellian
Oct 1, 2019
Great, press Play and it immediately deletes "AstelliaClient" folder, which contained 8Gb. Lets see what it does with the 21Gb in "managed/recovery/tempRecovery/CompressFile" cause it did not "extract" those to the game folder. It seems to be downloading the content for "managed/patch", inclduding the "InitialPatch" folder. So basically, I wasted time and data with the "Check File" last night.

This is a clean install.. how can it be so hard to just work!?
I know right,and the worst part about it is that it takes almost an entire week for it to get "fixed"

Leslie

Astellian
Sep 30, 2019
So, File Check did not really do what it had to or it failed without notifying me and I thought it was done. I was messing around again today since I ended up with that "help us improve" message again.!! So reinstalled the client again and copied over the "managed/recovery" files I had backed-up. Started client and immediately selected File Check and it is now adding to the ones it already downloaded. Now standing at around 25Gb in that folder and still downloading. Will see what happens. :-/

Still got a 25Gb "managed/patch/InitialPatch" folder too but I could not get that "normal patch" to work without running into "help us improve" each time. If the File Check thing dont work out I'll have to look into what log files are saying about why it fails.

JPF

Astellian
Oct 2, 2019
For those who wants to know if the game is downloading, install a software called networx, inside the software settings, check: ignore local traffic within the lan, this way you'll know if the game is downloading anything (you'll see a meter showing the speed of the downloads on the taskbar).

Anyway I've been having a huge problem, every time i launch the game it deletes all the game files and download the whole game from scratch, now the second time it did this, i made a backup of the game before it deletes all the files, this way i can copy the files inside the game folder, after that i used the check button, it seems to have fixed something (several GB of download), it launched in NA version not EU. I closed it and reopened it, and it started downloading files again (several GB), I closed it one more time and reopened it, and it deleted all the game again.
It started happening after the last patch on 1st Oct.
I still have the backup file so i don't have to download the whole game again, but can't seem to find a solution.
A question:does it matter if its NA or EU when it patches?

Leslie

Astellian
Sep 30, 2019
@purson117 @JPF the EU/NA does not seem to matter for patching. Btw, you can set it permanently to EU via Astellia.ini. The suggestion to log out and back in did not work for launcher to remember my choise of EU.

Anyway, i think I found a solution to the errors coming up. Don't know if it will help with the game deleting itself. The only time I encountered that was when it showed a different error asking whether to start over, which would delete it.

tl;dr: Use a VPN.

I just managed to get my client to update without an error coming by using a VPN. I think that my ISP or router might be messing around when the launcher reaches spots where it takes long to do anything. I noticed while updating now that there are times around 20% and 50% and 70% where it seems to be hanging. I just left it and it got through. I think, without the VPN, those would have been the spots where I would get the "help us improve" error message (see my previous rants in this thread).

Just copying client over to my main machine then I will confirm whether it starts properly when I press play. My media server, through which I downloaded, will not be able to run the game.

I use https://airvpn.org/?referred_by=179677 but I guess any VPN would work.

[edit] I am able to launch game now. ;) (without VPN of course. I just used VPN to get it to patch initially)

Last edited:

purson117

Astellian
Oct 1, 2019
I've tried installing it with a vpn aswell but i still have the same problem.

The launcher just wont install the game,it gets stuck at 2% and displays the "error while patching...".

Leslie

Astellian
Sep 30, 2019
I used File Check to get the majority of the game client initially.
File Check is available after you get the error message.
Note that it will be "stuck" at 1% until it is done downloading.

Leslie

Astellian
Sep 30, 2019
@Andrijson That file is from June. It is to old. Check the 1st post in this thread, at the bottom of it is a link to a 7-zip file yo ucan downlaod from Astellia server. It had error while I extracted it though so that did not help for my problem as I ended up getting the initial client via File Check.

Anyway, for those trying the VPN idea, just be sure to use a decent VPN; for example one you need to pay for rather than the free ones. I struggled for 6 days to get the launcher to patch the game and the VPN finally worked.

I do not know what else one can do to get this client except for asking someone to dump a torrent or upload of the full client somewhere. Sorry, I can't cause my network sucks and it would take me a week+ to upload this somewhere and then I can not use my internet connection for anything else in that time.

Andrijson

Astellian
Sep 27, 2019
@Andrijson That file is from June. It is to old. Check the 1st post in this thread, at the bottom of it is a link to a 7-zip file yo ucan downlaod from Astellia server. It had error while I extracted it though so that did not help for my problem as I ended up getting the initial client via File Check.

Anyway, for those trying the VPN idea, just be sure to use a decent VPN; for example one you need to pay for rather than the free ones. I struggled for 6 days to get the launcher to patch the game and the VPN finally worked.

I do not know what else one can do to get this client except for asking someone to dump a torrent or upload of the full client somewhere. Sorry, I can't cause my network sucks and it would take me a week+ to upload this somewhere and then I can not use my internet connection for anything else in that time.
i know i find another link and downloaded it, i still try to finish this download. This launcher is fuxxing bad.

Endar

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
my launcher is open then i hit the play button and then i get a spinning wheel where the play button was the game dcont launch no update is downloaded an no % are there the second time i had this last time i must make a file check and then after that it dowloaded some things but this is now the third time in the last few days some idead what this is yesterday the game worked perfectly for me.

Andrijson

Astellian
Sep 27, 2019
my launcher is open then i hit the play button and then i get a spinning wheel where the play button was the game dcont launch no update is downloaded an no % are there the second time i had this last time i must make a file check and then after that it dowloaded some things but this is now the third time in the last few days some idead what this is yesterday the game worked perfectly for me.
Yeah i got the same problem , this crap turns in the circle. Its the first Game in my life that is so broken. And i pay for 30 Day sub , great game.:cautious:

Gardranda

Astellian
Oct 13, 2019
I downloaded the launcher, but the play button is greyed out. So I can't play this game. Is there a way to fix this?