Leatherworker

Pyriel

Astellian
Sep 10, 2019
My view on leatherworker is leathers dont drop to often, requirement to make tanned leather is a bit on the high side and it makes leveling leatherworker very slow compared to most other crafting classes.. Either requirments to make tanned leather needs to be dropped from 6 to like 3 OR leather drop off mobs needs to be increase alittle. Tailoring is pretty much the same. I am guessing this is a problem thru out the higher tiers of crafting with leather and tailoring...

Reactions: Venkas

Venkas

Astellian
Sep 21, 2019
Leatherworking is going to be slow because after a certain level, Common Leather stops dropping altogether. So you will then spend the extra time breaking down the higher levels of leather to get the actual leather you need.

Since Blacksmiths need this the most, I suggest early on that you get past lvl 21 Leatherworking ASAP to save time.

Or rely on the auction house with crazy prices lol.

The Guilty Party

Astellian
Sep 16, 2019
Or sell your leather now at those crazy prices, bank the cash, and use it to buy lots of leather when they bump up the drop rate or reduce the usage rate. (hopefully).

Static_Laughter

Astellian
Sep 27, 2019
Leatherworking definitely needs some fine-tuning. For only being able to craft 2 things in each category, the EXP rate should be increased by an amount that would keep its level on par with, say, blacksmithing. Since everything you craft in blacksmithing requires pieces from leatherworking, it becomes very difficult/nearly impossible to keep your crafting up with your current level in order to craft relevant gear. I sincerely hope the devs do something about this.

Ulvangthepious

Astellian
Sep 24, 2019
Leatherworking definitely needs some fine-tuning. For only being able to craft 2 things in each category, the EXP rate should be increased by an amount that would keep its level on par with, say, blacksmithing. Since everything you craft in blacksmithing requires pieces from leatherworking, it becomes very difficult/nearly impossible to keep your crafting up with your current level in order to craft relevant gear. I sincerely hope the devs do something about this.
I think drop rates for leather and cloth is insane, I've farmed mobs for cloth and leather. Sometimes it takes me 10-15 kills before seeing 1 leather... needing 6 to even craft anything!