Legendary Dungeons Stage 1 [Consolidated Feedback] [Updated 10/21]

Killuelihie

Astellian
Oct 11, 2019
Aethon maybe you should have posted something like a form how you want the feedback.

read through 3 pages and mostly found rants without much usable data so far.

So here is what we did yesterday:

3x Ruthlas Den (Ticket Buff)
1x Crimson Rock Valley (Ticket Buff)
1x Hashmal Lab (Ticket Buff)

The same four Party Members.

Legendary Loot:

1 Drop of BunoBunos Fishbone for our Oracle.

Other Loot:
Overall around 5-6 Purple Items per Person
Alot more Blue and green stuff per person.

Will keep you updated of further progess.

Tipsy

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
Aethon maybe you should have posted something like a form how you want the feedback.

read through 3 pages and mostly found rants without much usable data so far.

So here is what we did yesterday:

3x Ruthlas Den (Ticket Buff)
1x Crimson Rock Valley (Ticket Buff)
1x Hashmal Lab (Ticket Buff)

The same four Party Members.

Legendary Loot:

1 Drop of BunoBunos Fishbone for our Oracle.

Other Loot:
Overall around 5-6 Purple Items per Person
Alot more Blue and green stuff per person.

Will keep you updated of further progess.

Feedback comes in many different forms, so there's no point using a single template.

While you may perceive something as a rant, they may look at it with different eyes and add it as feedback to their list of stuff to pass on to the developer.

Reactions: CM Venecia

ForestWolf

Astellian
May 26, 2019
Update from me: my static has been running Legendary Lab since Tuesday patch every day about 8-10 runs (we care that we never max on tickets through out the day by doing about 20 tickets in the morning and 20 in the evening). The only legendary we have seen so far is one single legendary treasure drop. No legendary gear in about 30 legendary runs, which is supposed to be the hardest dungeon at the moment.

So again, it is no problem at all that the drop rate is so low on this first tier, as long second Tier comes out soon and it should be harder and have more loot. It seems first Tier is really supposed to like a tutorial or pre-view of the legendary dungeons, since it takes us about 8 minutes to finish Legy Lab with full clear.

We really hope BE&A releases the second Tier of Legendary dungeons real soon with higher drop rate, else it will be players dropping out of the game since there is not much to do at maximum level at the moment.

~ForestWolf

Terra

Astellian
Sep 20, 2019
well ... but what you also have to take into account is,
that the loot-rate for legandary gear during the first weak was insane

so you are already all pretty well geared ...
someone, starting newly or who has missed that one loot-weak will not have that equip bonus directly from scratch

Reactions: Avator

Killuelihie

Astellian
Oct 11, 2019
Erm... There was no insane Legendary Gear droprate in first week. Dunno where that fairytale originates from.
The Legendaries we currently have are from the Questline and crafted or pretty rare drops.
A few reacted and bought them as fast as they could and a few others did not.
I for myself started on the first day of prelaunch and didnt see a legendary drop for me in those whole week.
Still running around with my heroic/blue jewelry. Bought a ring for coins which is passable, making my third legendary lvl 50 piece so far.

Tipsy

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
well ... but what you also have to take into account is,
that the loot-rate for legandary gear during the first weak was insane

so you are already all pretty well geared ...
someone, starting newly or who has missed that one loot-weak will not have that equip bonus directly from scratch
What are you talking about? The drop rate for legendary gear has never been 'insane'. It hasn't been nerfed.

The problem is that the legendary dungeon bosses drop loot that isn't even on their loot table, and the loot table is suposed to be 100% Heroic gear or higher, not blues and green runes/jewels.

I'm not already pretty well geared and i started 4 days before the launch. I'm at 5800'ish CP and i do legendary dungeons with a static guild group.

I've only gotten one single legendary item from a dungeon, and it was from a low level dungeon.

They messed it up really bad with the legendary loot tables and drop rates. That's the bottom line here.

With other issues piling up, if nothing is done soon to fix the core issues, there won't be any players left to give them feedback.

Xandorai

Astellian
May 27, 2019
After spending more time running Rutless, I am now convinced that the people who designed the legendary version never actually play the game, or worse, never play any games at all.

This applies specifically to the boss itself, not its mechanics or the trach mobs leading up to the boss. All they did was dial up the defense values of the boss so that lvl50 players are the equivalent lvl15 characters in common gear. This is just a poorly thought out design. Give the boss a 1 million HP, but allow the players to feel that their time put into getting to lvl50+ and gearing up matters. I have all this time spent building up my character, but when fighting the boss it all seems for naught.

While some will discount this post as being silly for wanting to see "big numbers", those numbers do matter in that they allow a player feel the progression of their character. It is the worst type of design to make a character feel weaker as they get "stronger".

Reactions: Weizenbrot

Belladofina

Astellian
Sep 28, 2019
i run legendary dungeons daily, using all tickets (i have 24 cause of buff) boosting every run i can ,mostly ruthlass den since it's only 2 tickets and from over many runs i saw 2 purple items and only uncommon and rare quality drops . for amount of time it cost to do so with randomly generated group it's really upseting . that's my experience so far :(

VcKnight

Astellian
May 24, 2019

Greetings Astellians,

We’ve received some initial reports regarding the quality of loot being dropped, and ease in which players are completing Legendary Dungeons. In the interest of ensuring this content is performing in the intended manner. We’re now closely monitoring player progression through these dungeons, and will be collecting your direct feedback to be shared with the developers through this thread. We appreciate how active our community is in sharing insights with us, and will continue to do our best to continue improving your Astellia experience.

Please Note: We ask that the feedback within this thread be directed specifically at Legendary Dungeons, as this will greatly help our team to more accurately share your insights.
I am not sure how many have noticed the Star adjacent the Legendary Dungeon. It seems this legendary dungeon is pretty much same as lvl 50 but slightly tougher. I am assuming we will have more star level legendary dungeons which will increase the difficulty.
Regarding drop, i am not happy at all, as the quality of drop is worse.
In Achievements, I noticed 2 star Legendary dungeons and also Transcendence Dungeons. I am assuming these transcendence dungeons will be tough.

PhD

Astellian
Sep 13, 2019
In my opinion, the legendary drop rate should be similar to how the legendary droprate was in early access; I don't know when it got nerfed, but there was a time when you'd see a legendary every 3 or so runs. Now it's been more than 50 for most people since they've seen one.

On that note, there needs to be a huge shift in difficulty. I understand that players need time to catch up, but I feel that legendary dungeons should be the pinnacle of content for right now, and they're currently just too easy. There's no reason that something considered the hardest content in the game should be clear-able in under 8 minutes.

Reactions: Seraphiel

Tipsy

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
In my opinion, the legendary drop rate should be similar to how the legendary droprate was in early access; I don't know when it got nerfed, but there was a time when you'd see a legendary every 3 or so runs. Now it's been more than 50 for most people since they've seen one.
There has been no nerf to legendary drop rates.. We didn't have legendary dungeons in the head start..

The legendary drop rate in legendary dungeons IS bugged. This much has already been confirmed and verified more than once.

The legendary dungeon loot tables list only heroic items yet we keep getting nothing but blues and greens.

On that note, there needs to be a huge shift in difficulty. I understand that players need time to catch up, but I feel that legendary dungeons should be the pinnacle of content for right now, and they're currently just too easy. There's no reason that something considered the hardest content in the game should be clear-able in under 8 minutes.
There we go again.. A reply with little to no thought behind it.

What is your current CP?

Are you aware that there are multiple tiers of legendary dungeons? The current implementation is Tier 1. Tier 2 will be harder. If you've got 7000+ CP, obviously a legendary dungeon requiring 6000/6300 CP will be easy. Just wait for Tier 2. Don't ask them to increase the difficulty simply because those of us who started during headstart have had time to build up our CP to the point where we're overgeared vs Tier 1 legendary dungeons.

What they need to do is focus on fixing the loot tables in legendary dungeons along with other bug fixes.

Reactions: Terra and mystykz

Anghya

Astellian
Jul 1, 2019
To be honest, I gave up any hope for solid drops even in regular dungeons. So far, I have run something over 100+ dungeons on various levels with various states (solo/party, with a buff or not) - I've seen two legendary drops so far. One was low level weapon with bad stats (immediately dismantled), another one was also weapon with so-so stats (sold). Both were for another class. It's similar with heroic (purple) drops as well. The only reason I am still running dungeons is that it gives some steady small profit at least and a few Astel cards, although usually for Astels I am not interested in. I just wonder how much longer I will be running it until I'll give up eventually. I don't think it's how the dungeons should be set, at least from my very subjective perspective. As others mentioned here, the drop rates as were set in closed betas seemed to be more rewarding and more fun in the end (player feel properly rewarded for his time and dedication).

Zellata

Astellian
Aug 3, 2019
There has been no nerf to legendary drop rates.. We didn't have legendary dungeons in the head start..
The legendary drop rate in legendary dungeons IS bugged. This much has already been confirmed and verified more than once.
The legendary dungeon loot tables list only heroic items yet we keep getting nothing but blues and greens.
The "legendary drop rates" that PhD mentioned refer to drop rates of legendary items (in regular dungeons), not drop rates in legendary dungeons. That's what got nerfed.
On a side note, do we have any official word regarding how exactly legendary dungeons are bugged? In other words, are atrocious drop rates unintentional or did they forget to update the loot tables that shows when you hit 'U'?

Tipsy

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
On a side note, do we have any official word regarding how exactly legendary dungeons are bugged? In other words, are atrocious drop rates unintentional or did they forget to update the loot tables that shows when you hit 'U'?
It's kind of obvious that it is bugged when you receive blue and greens from legendary dungeon bosses as the loot tables for the boss drops are heroic gear.

The "legendary drop rates" that PhD mentioned refer to drop rates of legendary items (in regular dungeons), not drop rates in legendary dungeons. That's what got nerfed.
Well, i can understand legendaries outside of dungeons and inside regular dungeons getting nerfed.

Zellata

Astellian
Aug 3, 2019
It's kind of obvious that it is bugged when you receive blue and greens from legendary dungeon bosses as the loot tables for the boss drops are heroic gear.

Well, i can understand legendaries outside of dungeons and inside regular dungeons getting nerfed.
The question is which part is bugged (read: unintentional) - the loot table that is being displayed or the loot table that is being actually used? It also makes no sense that regular dungeons got nerfed so much. The recommendation for the first legendary is 6k CP and you won't get to that with blue gear. Which is why I'd really like to hear what the official "vision" is.

PhD

Astellian
Sep 13, 2019
There was a nerf to legendary droprates outside of legendary dungeons, though. Normal dungeons were dropping legendary gear at a rate of at least 10x what the Legendary dungeons are dropping now.

There we go again.. A reply with little to no thought behind it.

What is your current CP?

Are you aware that there are multiple tiers of legendary dungeons? The current implementation is Tier 1. Tier 2 will be harder. If you've got 7000+ CP, obviously a legendary dungeon requiring 6000/6300 CP will be easy. Just wait for Tier 2. Don't ask them to increase the difficulty simply because those of us who started during headstart have had time to build up our CP to the point where we're overgeared vs Tier 1 legendary dungeons.
My CP is just over 6.6k. In the party I was running with, I was the highest CP, and we were able to consistently get our time under 8 mins, with our fastest being 7:32, in a dungeon with a CP recommendation of 6300 (Leggy hash). There's no reason that asking for some content to either be implemented or changed in order to have some form of challenge has "little to no thought behind it"; I'm simply requesting that those of us who are either skilled or geared have something put in game in the near future to give us a challenge.

Tipsy

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
The question is which part is bugged (read: unintentional) - the loot table that is being displayed or the loot table that is being actually used? It also makes no sense that regular dungeons got nerfed so much. The recommendation for the first legendary is 6k CP and you won't get to that with blue gear. Which is why I'd really like to hear what the official "vision" is.
There is no ifs or buts. Look at the loot table on the adventure window when clicking on the legendary dungeons.

There are only heroic gear listed there as base grade items from bosses, meaning, you shouldn't be getting worse gear than the gear listed on the loot table for bosses.

We're not talking about regular dungeons. If you got easy legendary gear from regular dungeons more often than not, then yes, it needed to be nerfed.

You don't need to be a rocket scientist or work for the dev team or the CM team to understand that it is not working as intended.

Tipsy

Astellian
Sep 22, 2019
I'm simply requesting that those of us who are either skilled or geared have something put in game in the near future to give us a challenge.
That's what Tier 2 will give you. A better challenge.

Tier 1 legendary dungeons aren't supposed to be the hardest content. They haven't even implemented the hardest content in the game yet.

Zellata

Astellian
Aug 3, 2019
There is no ifs or buts. Look at the loot table on the adventure window when clicking on the legendary dungeons.

There are only heroic gear listed there as base grade items from bosses, meaning, you shouldn't be getting worse gear than the gear listed on the loot table for bosses.

We're not talking about regular dungeons. If you got easy legendary gear from regular dungeons more often than not, then yes, it needed to be nerfed.

You don't need to be a rocket scientist or work for the dev team or the CM team to understand that it is not working as intended.
Tipsy, I am sorry for being blunt, but are you high or something? When 'documentation' (so to say) tells you one thing while the actual system produces a different thing, the bug can be in either of those two places, depending on what was the intended outcome.

And no, regular dungeons should not have been nerfed to this extent, simply because they are supposed to be a stepping stone gear-wise to the legendary dungeons. If a new lvl50 is stuck on the blue gear, there's no possible progression to speak of.

I know that it's not working as intended, I am interested in which part dev team views as a bug and which part is intentional.